Lovesickness (The Crossroad P...

By Goldenbellslight

"Who are you?" "You're gonna find me next time if you wish to know me." . . . When Ryuusuke came back to Nazu... More

Author's Note
The Beautiful Boy at the Crossroads: Part 1
The Beautiful Boy at the Crossroads: Part 2
The Beautiful Boy at the Crossroads: Part 3
The Woman in Distress: Part 1
The Woman in Distress: Part 2
The Woman in Distress: Part 3
Shadow: Part 1
Shadow: Part 2
Shadow: Part 3
Screams in the Night: Part 1
Screams in the Night: Part 2
Screams in the Night: Part 3
The Boy in White and The Girl in Gray: Part 2 (END)

The Boy in White and The Girl in Gray: Part 1

885 44 13
By Goldenbellslight

"𝐀 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬... 𝐍𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐢. 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐢𝐭, 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐠𝐠𝐲 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞."

An unknown man with glasses walked through the alley as he saw lots of people giving a fortune to other people in the alley.

"So this is the crossroads fortune I've heard about..." The man thought as he walked past them, hearing all the conversation.

"Um, will I get into the school I want?" The schoolgirl asked the man with her face covered with the notebook.

"If you work hard, you'll make it."

"I'm in love with someone who doesn't love me..." The man pulled down his hat as he said to the old woman.

"Good fortune toward the south."

But the man soon noticed some of the passersby had ignored the people who asked for a fortune.

"I've been downsized..."

"Sorry. I'm in a hurry right now."

"My husband's incredibly violent."

"First, please listen to my problems."

"It's happening in every corner of town. The people here and head over heels for fortune-telling."

"Excuse me." The glasses man stopped on his track as he saw a woman with her head bowed down, not showing her face. "Sorry to bother you... But tell my fortune?"

The man hesitated before he decided to listen to her story. "What is it?"

"My name is (M/N) (L/N). I lost my daughter named (Y/N) after the mass suicide. It's been so hard to keep going... how should I live my life now?"

"The mass suicide... when hundreds of girls slit their throats. They were told to die by a boy in black, yes?"

"Yes. But my daughter once told me that the boy was interested in her before she went missing. The policemen found the pool of blood on the road and they told me and my husband that the DNA was (Y/N) but they couldn't find her body. We assumed that she got attacked and kidnapped. We couldn't find her until now."

"Pay for your condolences."

"We were in the deepest moment in our lives. She's our only daughter left. I don't think that we would live our life without her."

"Do you see your daughter among those ghosts?"

"No, and if she's there, my husband and I couldn't have a look at her. But we suspect someone to be our daughter."

.

.

.

~Flashback~

"𝐘𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 𝐖𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧."

(M/N) and her husband both looked at their daughter's shrine they made in the living room. (F/N) patted his wife's back to comfort her, she didn't think that her daughter was leaving to see her friend was the last time they would see each other.

As (M/N) was about to close the curtain, she noticed the fog had surrounded the front of her house. She dismissed it as she gripped the curtain and about to close it, she noticed a woman standing in front of her house.

That woman wore a gray dress, black socks that reached her knee, and black shoes. She had white eyes and (H/L) black hair. (M/N)'s eyes widened as she quickly recognized the woman's outfit.

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 (𝐘/𝐍) 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝. 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 (𝐘/𝐍)."

She called out to her husband to take a look at the woman outside their house. (F/N) came to his wife and saw the woman as well. He quickly recognized immediately that was (Y/N) in ghost form.

They both quickly came out of the house before they saw the Girl in Gray start to walk away. "Wait, (Y/N)! Come back!"

"𝐖𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐠."

The Girl in Gray turned slightly to them before she disappeared into a fog. The distressed parents were panting heavily as they couldn't take a look at you

They had heard the rumor about the Girl in Gray from the students, but they couldn't believe that it was you. They felt sorrow for how your spirit had turned out to be, you couldn't rest in peace and stuck in this place forever, giving fortune to everyone.

.

.

.

~Back to the present~

"So now, I'm doing the crossroads fortune every day, hoping that my daughter would show up to me."

(M/N) went back home after she got a fortune told by the man that she would find her daughter soon. He then heard the sound of girls screaming as they were all crowding around the boy at the crossroads.

Their looks turned hideous and rotted as time passed. Their eyeballs almost slipped out of their eyes.

"MY PRINCE AT THE CROSSROADS!"

"I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I COULD DIE!"

"WILL I FIND LOVE?!"

The Boy in Black had a small grin on his lips as he told the ghosts. "𝙃𝙚𝙝, 𝙝𝙚𝙝, 𝙝𝙚𝙝. 𝙊𝙛 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩. 𝘿𝙞𝙚. 𝘼𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣."

The ghosts cried in agony because of his answer. Despite his cruel answer, they still followed him behind with loyalty and affection for him.

The man peeked to look at the scene as he covered his ears with shock and surprise, "J-Just like the rumors say... The media and the crowds are said to have run off."

"Oh!" He exclaimed as he saw the rumored boy walk past the alley he was hiding and the ghosts followed him. He kept his mouth shut as he silently watched them.

"𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙚. 𝙂𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩. 𝙈𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙨𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙚."

The ghosts quickly went separate and went past the alley to visit their families, leaving the crossroads boy alone. The man leaned against the wall as his eyes widened at the sight of those ghosts.

.

.

.

In one of the houses, the elder couple was mourning for their deceased daughter, Yuriko as her shrine was standing beside them. They heard something knocking on their window but they dismissed it.

"Was there a knock at the window just now?" The woman asked.

"Maybe just the wind?" Her husband guessed.

"MOM! DAD! MOM! DAD!"

"Ah!" They both quickly recognized the voice behind the curtain, it was their daughter's voice.

"Yuriko... That's Yuriko's voice! YURIKO!" The father pulled the curtain away but they were soon shocked by their daughter's rotten soul leaning against the window.

"UNH..."

"AAAHHH!!"

Soon, Nazumi City was full of screams of horror from the parents who met their lost daughters in an unpleasant way. The Boy in Black only laughed in amazement at their entertainment for him.

"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙪𝙣, 𝙞𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙞𝙩?"

The Boy in Black grinned widely as he turned around to see the Girl in Gray, aka, you who turned into a spirit after your death. Your memories were completely brainwashed, so you couldn't remember anything. He's very glad that he made you fall madly in love with him while he would worship you, unlike the other ghosts.

"𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙪𝙣 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪." The Boy in Black answered as he stepped closer to you.

"𝙊𝙝 𝙢𝙮! 𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚. 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚." The Girl in Gray asked with a flirty tone as she stepped close to him.

"𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙜𝙡𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤, 𝙢𝙮 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧." The Boy in Black smirked before he wrapped his right hand around her waist, raising her chin and kissing her on the lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down to her height as they both made out on the road.

The man's eyes widened as he witnessed the two spirits making out. They both weren't afraid of getting caught by the people who lived inside the houses. The man was beyond confused and astonished by the scenes in front of him before he decided to stay away from those spirits, not wanting to get in trouble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 370 12
You asked your childhood best friend, Keiji, to be the editor of your romance novel that was actually...all about him. A romance novel, a best frien...
29.7K 2.2K 51
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's second year is upon him. There were a few words left to him by someone he trusted. It was something that wouldn't leave his min...
205K 13.2K 49
Danger...Deception...Death Can she ever escape the vicious cycle? "The moment I was born, my father walked outside and screamed to the heavens for...
375 23 27
Summer breaks can be boring if you don't have a summer job, internship, or anything exciting going on. But what if one encounter can change all of th...