The Woman in Distress: Part 2

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐠𝐠𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬."

You and Ryuusuke walked home together under the sky train station. You kept glancing at Ryuusuke as he walked mindlessly, kept thinking to himself.

"𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐬."

"I got a message from Yumi!" You both turned around, seeing two girls talking to each other. "She said she found the boy at the Nishihatamachi intersection! She said it's almost for sure him."

"Really?!" her friend gasped. 

"If we don't hurry, he'll disappear somewhere!" They turned around before they noticed you with Ryuusuke. You startled slightly as they approached you all of a sudden. "Hey, are you coming with us to see the Crossroads boy?!"

"U-uh um..." You stuttered as you were clueless while looking at Ryuusuke. But as you were about to say anything, the one who has two braids grabbed your hand and pulled you with them roughly. "Wait, Aaah!" You screamed as you got dragged to the crossroads. 

Ryuusuke was also shocked by their action. "Hey! girls! It's dangerous! You shouldn't go!" He saw you disappear behind the mist along with two girls. He frowned in worry as he decided to follow you.

"I have to go after them."

He began to sprint at high speed as he tried to catch up with you. "I did hear that a bunch of people has been running around trying to get a glimpse of him. People are committing suicide, though. What are they even thinking? Don't they know how dangerous contact with him is? And also, they dragged (Y/N) with them, which puts her in danger!"

He stopped on his track as he was confused about the roads. "I lost them and (Y/N). Where's the intersection in Nishihatamachi? Dammit. If only I had a map." He then walked around and searched for you, suddenly, a hand grabbed his wrist, and he turned to see the same woman he met before. "Oh! It's you..."

The woman stared at him before she began to say. "You... you were here before, right? So I'm doing a crossroads fortune... listen to me."

"Um. I'm sorry. I'm in a hurry right now!" Ryuusuke politely explained that you might be in danger somewhere. 

"I won't take much of your time." 

He felt the grip on his wrist tighter than earlier. "But..."

"Listen. I had a miscarriage. I'm not sure what kind of memorial I should have for the baby."

"Then maybe you should talk to the temple?" He suggested as the woman approached him closer. 

"Oh... you're right. I did something inexcusable to my baby. I killed my baby. I'm no good as a mother. Maybe my baby forgives me...? What do you think?"

"I'm sure... your baby forgives you. Um. I really am in a hurry. Please let go." 

He then tried to pry her hand off as she kept talking. "I wonder? You can't know that for sure. My baby might be on the other side hating me. Why do you think she forgives me? What proof do you have? It's just... a mother is everything to a baby."