The Woman in Distress: Part 1

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲𝐈𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩𝐇𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐬... 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐱 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐁𝐮𝐭 (𝐘/𝐍) 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝."

You were walking with Ryuusuke as today, the fog came down again.

"𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐲𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭!"

"Wait! I'm coming too, guys!" You turned around to see Midori approach both of you with the bouquet in her hand. "I said I'd always come with you guys now, didn't I?!"

"Midori... it must be boring, though." Ryuusuke said, but it didn't change her mind.

"It's just, I'm worried! You both are trying to catch the crossroads boy, right?!"

"Of course." He replied before you both walked again. 

"I don't think he's human. Getting mixed up with him is too dangerous. You both should stop."

"It's okay, Midori. You should go home so you can be safe." You suggested before she cut you out. 

"No, (Y/N). I'm coming with you. Don't you think the Crossroads boy wants something for you? That's why he's targeting you out of all the girls."

"Yeah..." You hummed lowly, you then noticed the bouquet as you asked her. "What's that flower?" 

Midori blinked before she realized you were mentioning the flower. "Oh... pretty, right? I got them at the florist."  

Ryuusuke glanced at it before he asked her. "But... why flowers?"

"Oh. I was going to place them on the spot where my aunt died." Midori answered, you nodded as Ryuusuke stayed silent. "You're probably wondering why now of all times. Well, you know... you guys saved me from the boy at the crossroads before, right? I know you'll say it was just a coincidence. But I'm really grateful. And then I figured I should be thanking my aunt, too. Like maybe that coincidence was her watching over me. I just get that feeling. So I wanted to thank her. Will you come with me, guys? Please!"

"Yeah, sure." You replied, Ryuusuke started to sweatdrop as he remembered what happened two months ago.

.

.

.

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐞'𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐢'𝐬 𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤."