Screams in the Night: Part 2

~Two days later~

Ryuusuke hugged his knee with crossed arms as he was thinking to himself about what happened to Midori.

"𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭... 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐬. 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞? 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈'𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬. 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐡𝐞, (𝐘/𝐍), 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧."

He stopped thinking as he heard the sound of the door squeaking, he saw Midori with a black shirt and a short skirt.

"Midori..." Midori approached him as she picked the bento up.

"Sorry, I couldn't come lately. You must be hungry. I brought you some dinner here."

"Midori. So then..." Ryuusuke looked at her with slight shock.

"Yes... I wrestled with it a bit, but it's okay. Did you think I wasn't coming back?"

"Y-Yeah. I thought you wouldn't want to see me again. So you forgive me?"

"You must be hungry. Hurry and eat."

"Yeah. Thanks." Ryuusuke moved the lid of the bento before his eyes widened as the thing inside the bento wasn't food, but it was a dead rat instead.

"AAAH!" Ryuusuke brushed it off as he stuttered shockingly. "That's..."

"HAHAHA!" Ryuusuke looked up to Midori as she happily enjoyed it.

"I got you, huh?! This is just the right dinner for someone like you! Did you think I would forgive you?! You killed my aunt and the child she was carrying... my cousin! I DECIDED I CAN'T FORGIVE YOU! I DECIDED TO HATE YOU FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!"

"M-Midori..."

"So I... met the crossroads boy that day."

Ryuusuke's eyes widened at the fact. "What?!"

"He told me to hate you forever. I couldn't stop shaking after he said that. It didn't feel like the words of a stranger for some reason. I got this feeling that he and I had some kind of connection. And that he hates you. I've thought about who he could be. And there's one person who fits. My cousin. The baby my dead aunt was carrying. The baby was alive in this world but killed before he could be born. Maybe he's trying to get revenge on you now, with the same method you used as a child."

"So then... you're saying the crossroads boy... is really your aunt's child?" Midori didn't respond to anything as she turned away from Ryuusuke.

"But when (Y/N) said she felt something about him? It couldn't be possible, right?"

"Maybe he wants to do it through her." Ryuusuke's eyes widened, so the crossroads boy was trying to use you to take back on him, or he thought so.

"I hope you suffer horribly. I hope you learn just how painful it is for people to hate you." Ryuusuke quickly stood up and went to Midori who walked out of the door. "Ah! Midori, wait! Where are you going?!"

"What? Do you think I'm going to kill myself because I met him? Don't be stupid. There's no way my cousin would make me kill myself."

"Midori!"