Shadow: Part 3

"𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧."

Ryuusuke walked around the town as he made you go to school alone. "I have to find the real boy. If only to get over this anxiety that it might be me." He walked into the road for a while before he heard your voice calling out to him.

"Ryuusuke!" 

He turned around to see you but he then noticed Midori behind you as well. "You skip school, but you don't skip your rounds, huh? I figured you wouldn't, so I came looking for you with (Y/N)."

You rubbed the back of your head nervously as Ryuusuke glared at you with slight mad for bringing her here with you. "You really like to meddle, huh?"

Midori looked slightly offended by that comment but she shook it off as you told him what happened at school. "School was terrible today. Some of the girls got all worked up about how the Crossroads boy was absent. You know the ones. Those passionate fans of the boy who've popped up lately? Those reckless girls go around the crossroads every day looking for him. They all kept asking me why the crossroads boy didn't come with me and when I didn't answer them, they glared at me madly and gossiped me."

"I'm sorry that it happened to you, (Y/N)." Ryuusuke said. 

Midori placed her hand on your shoulder as she told the rest. "(Y/N) started to get bullied after your absence. Why are they acting so cruel to you?"

You exhaled deeply as you couldn't do anything to stop them.

"And... Your shoe cubby was full of these, Ryuusuke." Midori picked something from her bag before showing both of you the letters from the fans. "Love letters to the boy at the Crossroads. They've totally got the wrong idea. Did you want to read them?"

Ryuusuke went silent because of the shock, you then picked your own letters up but it was worse than Ryuusuke's as they were hated letters for you. "And the girls started to write me insults and rude things to me about why I'm so close to the crossroads boy and not them."

"What?" Midori gasped with shock as she quickly grabbed the letters from you. "Why is this happening to you? I can't accept this! (Y/N), did you read one of those?" You shook your head in response. "That's good. There's no reason for both of you to read these anyway. I'll just destroy them then."

She then started to tear the love letters apart in front of you. "This is ridiculous! I mean, writing you both love and hate letters!" She then tore your letters afterward as you were shocked by her action but felt touched by her concern for both of you.

"Aah! I feel so much better! Okay, guys! Let's do the rounds! We gotta catch the real guy as soon as possible!" She threw a scrap of paper up into the air as she joined Ryuusuke in patrolling the roads.

The three of you kept walking around before Ryuusuke noticed lots of girls were following them behind. 

"Who are they?" He asked, both of you turned around to see them as Midori replied. 

"Them? They're the Crossroads boy chasers... They think you're him. They found you and now they're following you."

"What...?" Ryuusuke mumbled. 

Midori went in front of him as she was defending him. "Hey! Quit this already! I'm telling you this guy is not the Crossroads boy! Ryuusuke doesn't have any piercings! Don't you get it?!"