Swallow Your Affection

By Jeebly

You were a recruit, asked to join a rebellion you didn't believe in- to fight against people you didn't know... More

Mock Fight
The Big Question
Supply Drop
Meeting the Revolution
Home Sweet
Dreams and Comforts
Tommy Adventure
House Wrecked
Is this a Wall
Goat or Ram
When Is This Festival
Funny Meeting You Here
Can We Enjoy a Moment of Peace
Awkward Duckling
Adult Napped
Presidential Convo
Good to be Back
OKAY
Damage Control
Shit Stuck Fuck Help
Good Morning
We Need to Talk
Tommy Advice
Struggling with Direction
Neutral News
Hush Hush
Plan Ass
Returned Kindness
Crow Father
The Sun Can Lie
Tommy Tower
You're Important
The Sixteenth
The True End
Insight
Chill of The North
A Bumpy Recovery
Phil Announcement
Alone Together
Bitter Cold
One More Time
Liquid Strength
Routine
Me and My Compass
Love Bite
Peace of Mind
Just a Tad Colder
Arrival
House Arrest
Waiting Game
Retribution Says L'manberg
Chase Down
Chummy Pals
Getting Things Straight
Too Quiet
Visitor
L'Mind Ouch
Is This Normal Now
Green and Homelessness
Appreciate It
Tommy Troubles
Plans and Futures
Investigation
FANART 1
Jailbreak
House Conspiracy
No-one To be Homesick For
Follow Me to My Mirror
Cold Blooded and Angry
FANART 2
Home Base
Depressing Grandpa
Spirit Worker
Abnormal Breakfast
Same Page of Life
Revalations
Burrow Bug
Fanart 3

Hey Birdy

9.8K 423 1.1K
By Jeebly

You weren't sure when you fully woke up.

But you did know that when you did, something was different.

The fleece blankets were as plush as always. The pelts were achingly soft as usual.

The fire was blazing from downstairs- and the sun was just peaking in through the stuffy attic window.

Ah.

That means Techno's finished with Carl by now, and was probably getting supplies for whatever day trip he wants to head off on.

Why were you up so early?

And why could you just tell that today was different.

You never woke up early enough that Techno was still here.

Was he?

You still your breath as best you could, listening for any noises below, and what a surprise-

Instead of footsteps, and the white noise of Techno puttering around- or no noise at all-

You hear voices.

More notably, you hear Techno's raspy growl of a voice- sounding very upbeat- which was unusual.

Him talking to himself wasn't- you'd catch snippets of him talking to, 'the voices,' but never so carefree sounding.

Until of course- you hear a second voice give a response to him.

You...

You knew that voice-

Screw sleep-

The moment you heard a familiar trill of cackles, you roll out of bed, lunging for the ladder-

Proper climbing? Never heard of it.

You slid down the ladder by the edges of the pole, all but rug burning yourself on the wood. As soon as your feet hit the floor, you flourished around to take in two familiar sets of figures.

Techno, polishing armor near the anvil- and Phil, kneeling by the fire, letting his wings sprawl out behind him in a fluffed up state that only came if he was relaxed.

Both of them went quiet with your arrival.

A stare off that only ended when a grin stretched from one end of your face to the other-

Immediately, Phil shuffles to stand, barely getting properly situated before you barrel into him, hugging him with a happy noise and grin only growing when he cackled and returned the hug.

"Haha- jeez- warn me next time- my wings still feel achy."

You just snort air and hug him a little tighter before releasing with a, "Back problems? Already...???"

"Oh-" he gives an offended huff, "You little shit- I'm not that old." He smacks the back of your head, but you just laugh at his still smiling face.

Phil was the best, and only accurate way to wake up.

Nothing could convince you otherwise.

Phil looks you up and down, smile remaining, but he winces as he scans over you, "Jeez- you look worse for wear. Better, but still terrible."

"Well gee, thanks." You deapan.

To which he cackles again.

As soon as his laugh subsides he sends another worried expression your way, "But really mate, you look beat up."

Idly, you glance at Techno, who looks unreasonably sweaty-

Like a child who got their hand stuck in a cookie jar.

Phil's eyebrow arches at the look you sent Techno- eyeing the two of you. Before smiling a sly smile and already thinking things you know were completely inaccurate.

"NOnonono- Bad Phil- Bad Philza Minecraft-"

Your words don't stop his smile, and when you look to the bruises all over your arm, you know that that was from falling down the steps, but Phil didn't.

And when you look to the cut near your wrist, you knew that that was you being a dumbass and making potions, but Phil didn't.

And when you look at your neck, wrapped in bandages, you knew that that was Techno taking a big chomp out of you because of your dumb ass potion, but Phil didn't.

"These were all valid mistakes." You say with a stern look.

The 'mmhm' that hums out of Phil's throat feels like complete mockery, so you decide that fine.

You didn't care enough to put any resistance into his sly smiling, only giving him a slanted look before glancing back over at Techno again.

Who looked even more intensely nervous for whatever reason.

"But no really- what beat you up so bad?" Phil finally says, forcing your eyes back on him, watching the way his uninjured wing tucked closer to his back, "Techno not a good baby sitter?"

"I'll have you know, that I didn't need any babysitting- it was a mutual exchange of company." At your huffy tone of voice, Phil laughs again- stepping over to you and trying to smooth at your bed head hair.

"Of course it was." Phil says.

You let him smooth through your hair.

You knew it was habit.

Something in his little crow brain that told him to preen at unruly feathers- or in this case, unruly hair.

In fact- Techno's hair looked very neat for once- the messy braid finally organized into a proper hairstyle- hair brushed and untangled.

No doubt Phil's doing.

"So really, why's your throat covered in bandages?" Phil says, still soothing over the messy locks of bedhead hair.

You shoot another subconscious glance to Techno, catching sight of him still looking incredibly nervous.

Rather then hold silence any longer, you relent, "Does Strength III potions ring a bell?"

The hand that had been soothing over your hair froze- Phil's blue eyes going wide, "Who got a hold of your blood...?"

"No one.... I was the one that decided to make it...."

At your confession, Phil harshly squints, cocking his head in the most confused manner a person could, "You...???"

The feathers on his wings sooth out- loosing there fluffiness with the increasing amount of startling information.

"Mate you do remember what those things do to people, right?? Don't tell me you forgot."

Techno was still watching from the sidelines as the two of you interacted- and when you again- made eye contact with him- he made this intensly guilty facial expression and flicked his eyes to look back at the armor he was polishing.

"Alright. Which one of you shits did the bad. I know one of you did something- you keep sending glances every which way-"

"Me Phil, I did the bad-" you say.

Before Techno slaps his face, and then says, "And I drank all three of her potions."

"What the hell?!" Phil exasperated voice, "Techno- are you trying to kill yourself?!"

A cackle comes out of Phil as he lays a hand over his eyes.

"Of course you shits start diving into this stuff the weekend I leave."

"Well- to be fair Phil- I thought they were strength potions-" Techno says matter of factually, "So I think- I think I'm resigned of all blame."

Phil squints at him, before turning the squint to you, "You should've been watching those potions. Better yet- never made them at all."

"I know." You say, already accepting his judgment, "I just... you know how I am about touchy subjects."

"Yes- I am very aware of how much self containing you do-"

Ouch.

Hit it where it hurts Phil.

"And I'm also aware of how stubborn you get on the subject- so I won't push you- but know that when someone needs life or death information- you give them the life and death information-"

Finally done with his rant, he sighs, "Gods." And forcefully relaxes his shoulders and accepts that what's been done, has been done.

"Sorry-" you say- just trying to gage where Phil was on the matter.

"...You're good mate. Can't change the past." Phil gives a wanton expression, "So spill- what happened to bust you up so bad."

Again- you give a hesitant look, at Techno- catching him nervously looking up, before entirely focusing on polishing his armor.

"Well- the bruises are from falling down the stairs."

Phil cackles, barely trying to hide how amusing he found the image, before waving at you to continue.

You shoot him a glare, and he waves again, "Nono, continue continue, don't mind me-"

You roll your eyes but continue, "My wrist was from when I made my potions."

No laugh this time.

"As for my neck... Techno kinda tore a chunk out of me."

"Potion." Philza says.

"Potion." You confirm.

"And Tech drank all three of them." Phil asks.

"Yeup." You again confirm.

"And I'm assuming that's why Ranboo's house got collapsed when Tech accidentally smacked it."

Huh. That's a new name. Ranboo.

Techno looks up at the both of you trading information he already knew with a steely glance, "I'm in the room- I can answer questions for myself."

Phil immediately turns his head to look at him, "Well then, how much do you feel like killing right now."

Suddenly on the spot he makes a disgruntled face, "Well considering all my voices are screaming Mad Dadza at me, I think I'm good for right now."

"No mate- how much do you want to kill."

The expression on his face is guilty enough at that- eyes dipping back to look at his armor before he huffs out a noise of confirmation.

"Yeah that's what I thought. Side effect number one- increased aggression, and in turn bloodlust." Phil waddled over to Techno, setting a hand on his shoulder, "You do a good job of hiding it- but tell me if you're gonna kill someone please."

"Only for you Phil."

Phil gives a smile at that, pulling his hand off Techno's shoulder to harshly ruffle Techno's pink hair- to which Techno just idly lets him ruin the way it had been brushed.

Philza makes it look incredibly easy to talk to Techno. How he knows instantly what Techno is thinking- what he's hiding- where to push, where to pull back. Both of their actions with each other are so fluent, and consecutive that it looked as though they spent their whole life together.

The winged man takes a step back, looking between the both of you before saying, "I doubt he's addicted after three- so all he needs to do is not drink more potions."

"Addiction speedrun time!" Techno yells- jolting up and darting out of the house- to which Phil let's out a huge string of cackles.

"NO- HAHAHAH-" it's a shoulder shaking laugh, one that has him putting his hands on his knees, "TECHNO NO!"

You laugh at their antics- watching a hefty sum of crows flock in with the now open door- watching Phil crumble with laughter.

The crow's were cawing with just as much laughter- and apparently when a murder of crows is as large as Philza's murder, it gets incredibly loud-

All you could hear was the obnoxious jeering caws-

Which added so much chaos to the room.

A few even perched at your shoulder, but most were scattered around the working tables or Phil.

Techno comes back not a moment later, laughing just as much, with that sweet awkward laugh you don't hear much of- and this whole moment was just so chaotic.

"Sooo-" you say- trying to get your voice through the caws. It takes the crow's longer to settle then Phil and Techno to.

"What brings you around these parts Phil?"

"I came to check and see how healed your stitches were." He responds without missing a beat.

Oh.

Oh.

You can't help your grin.

Nor your excited eyes.

"Really?"

"Yep. Hands up- how far can you stretch."

Without missing a beat, you lift your arms for a stretch, going as far as you can and feeling the still healing skin of your wound sting.

"How good's your walking."

Rather then speak, you strut across the room, softly punching Techno near the doorway before strutting all the way back.

Sure, it hurt a little bit to walk, but you weren't going to tell him that.

"Phil I think I'm dying." Techno says, and when you look back he's somehow just laying face first on the floor, "Phil tell my family... that they're nerds."

Phil cackles again, before shaking his head and turning away from a grounded Techno and back to you, "Well, you look pretty good."

"Thanks." You chuff.

"Though I don't think we can go through the nether, because you do not look like you can run." Phil cracks a grin, "Better get packing now to prep for a three day journey."

Pack what? You own nothing here.

Except the coffee that Techno had found in the Pogtopia ravine.

But that was already all used up at this point- so what then?

With a nod at Phil- you'd do your best- and by doing your best you meant you'd go find some cloaks you don't think Techno wants anymore and then say you're ready to head out.

Which you do, shuffling around the floor Techno, going for the coats rack that had all sorts of cloaks hanging on it. Even Techno's current cloak,which was blue.

Grabbing all the ones you usually did- which were the three very layered fuzzy ones, you piled them around your shoulder and turned towards Phil with a thumbs up.

"That's all?"

You glance around again before looking back and giving him the same thumbs up.

"Alright then." With a shrug, Phil gathers his satchel, heading for the same coat wrack you were at to another, much heavier looking green cloak.

This was it then.

You were going back to L'Manberg. New L'Manberg.

Not that you really cared about the country.

You just wanted to see the people.

"I can't wait to see Tommy." You idly say- pacing over to the window, glancing out at the finally calm weather.

"Tommy's not at L'manberg, but I can definitely swing by with you." Phil says.

Dead eyed, you turn your head towards Phil.

"What do you mean...?"

Two blue eyes switch to rapidly scan your face for any indication that you knew what he was talking about.

"Did you not know?" His wings- which had just started to fluff back up smoothed out.

"Know what."

Phil looks hesitant, wincing at the look struck on your face.

"Know what Phil."

He looks to Techno on the floor- face down on the spruce- absolutely refusing to acknowledge the conversation.

"Tommy got exiled." Philza says, and you stare blankly at his form.

"Why...? What's the context that I'm missing??"

The crows grow restless. Shuffling feathers around the room, beady eyes quietly watching, and caws soft as they spoke to one another.

"Dream thought Tommy was too chaotic, and he threatened them until they agreed to his demands." Phil scoffs, "Or well that's what I got out of it." Phil paused, "And something about burning someone's house down??"

You could care less the reasons.

You needed to know if he was okay.

"Is he by himself?? Where was he exiled to??"

You really did not like the new information.

Nonono-

No.

This.

This is not good information.

Being exiled sounds like proper shit-

And so help you- Dream will be hanging from his guts if anything happened to Tommy-

Why the hell would he exile a kid?

Fuck-

You shouldn't be getting freaked out by this- it's not like it's happening to you-

It's not like you were the one who was exiled-

But just thinking about it?

Thinking about how alone he could be feeling? It made you hurt.

Stupid empathy.

Was he eating alright? Did he have a safe place to sleep at night?

Two hands on your shoulders startled you back into the moment, Phil's blue eyes meeting your own and grounding you to the present moment.

"Mate- you were spacing out- are you good...?"

You don't answer, but squint and try and keep your focus away from your thoughts.

"Focus on what I say aight?" He squeezes your shoulders, and your once again wandering eyes flick back to make eye contact, "I said people visit him, and he lives almost 5 days travel from L'manberg."

Your eyes flitter up to Phil.

And of course he knows what you were going to ask.

"Yes, we can visit him. But let's focus on the present okay?"

You nod.

Right.

You need to keep your head.

"We haven't gotten you to L'manberg. All my travel supplies are there, and I didn't pack enough for that long of a trip. If we want to visit, we need those supplies because you can't shortcut through the nether."

You nod again, "Alright. Understandable. Yes."

Phil, nodding at the fact that you were back in the present moment, stepped around you to start gathering his things.

"The sooner the better I suppose." He utters, slipping his satchel back onto his shoulder.

"Alright." You nod. Again. Because at this point following after Phil just seems to be the best course of action.

The sooner the better.

You want to go see your boy.

Your little chicken bastard.

Little chicken crime guy.

Yes.

Alright.

Patience.

Just a few more days of doing nothing.

Finally, you glance down at Techno.

Still lying on the floor, face down and unresponsive.

Maybe he really did die.

With a small step over to him, you crouch down near his shoulder.

He doesn't stir, even though you know he can feel your gaze on him.

"Hey big guy- are you gonna say goodbye to me?"

He pokes his head up, one singular red eye being revealed before he went back to having his face buried in spruce wood.

His braid was draped over him in a way that obscured features, and the pink semi bangs semi fringes were splayed out on the wood.

You laugh.

What a baby.

You reach out with your hand, patting his head, to which he groans at you and peeks his head up enough to glare.

"Dead people do not appreciate their hair bein' messed with.

"Well dead people also can't talk so..."

He snorts- before finally stirring enough to push himself off the ground.

When you're both standing again, you take a moment to look up at him, meeting his eyes, watching him look at you with a hesitant sort of gaze.

"I don't wanna be preemptive about saying this, but-"

He blinks, tearing his eyes off you, and without looking drops a hand on your head to ruffle at your bed head hair.

"I kinda, think, I maybe, might miss ya."

You were wordless.

Not because you felt overly surprised, but the fact that he voiced anything at all about missing you made you feel a little sad yourself.

Almost made you want to stay.

Almost.

You couldn't loose yourself just yet- you had things to do, people to check on. Maybe someone to bash in.

Regardless, looking at his still avert eyes, catching his ears with the smallest of flush with the notion that he was willinging being vulnerable...

Daw.

Maybe your gonna miss him too.

Without farther ado, you reach in, scooping your arms around his abdomen, squeezing him as hard as you could and momentarily loosing yourself in just how warm he was.

He stands shocked for a moment, before returning the gesture- almost like he was starting to get used to hugging you.

Two arms, slinking around you, hugging you to his chest, chin ducking down to rest atop your head.

"...I think my speedrun is ruined now..." He mumbles into your hair, to which you laugh.

His breath was warm against your head.

With your small laugh, he starts with a slow chuckle- and that familiar rumbling noise starts in his chest.

And here?

Nestled into his chest?

It felt so soothing.

An all encompassing warmth mixed with a low rumble made the perfect blend of safe and inviting.

But you had a calling.

You had to leave.

With a deep breath, you pulled back, looking him in the eyes before smiling a small smile and turning towards Phil.

A cheeky looking Phil, who you rolled your eyes at.

"Aight. I'm all ready." Phil says. And you agree.

Looks like this is it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 186 9
We got SBI, Ranboo, Tubbo Come get your content Mostly angst, fluff, hurt/comfort READ THE A/N at the beginning for warnings/rules! marked as complet...
17.5K 341 10
16 year old Autumn grew up in sunny Florida, but when her dad gets a job offer in England, she and her family are forced to move. Luckily for beach l...
190K 3.9K 79
!! DISCONTINUED !! (old desc) Hi! This is a Dream smp age regression book since I regress myself and I find it comforting to read storys / books like...
11.3K 390 26
This story was adopted by me! If you want to properly read this story then please go to the account Fandom_ChangingWeeb to read the full story and d...