The Last Salvation | A Black...

Af HaruneAkashi

Four different short stories which starts off with the reader falling into the world of Black Clover; the cha... Mere

Introduction
A Passing Dream | Licht X Reader
I | Licht
II | Licht
III | Licht
IV | Licht
V | Licht
VI | Licht
VII | Licht
VIII | Licht
IX | Licht
X | Licht
XI | Licht
The Magic Stone | Patri X Reader
I | Patri
II | Patri
III | Patri
IV | Patri
V | Patri
VI | Patri

XII | Licht

532 30 27
Af HaruneAkashi

The enthusiastic fan requested to take a picture with you so you complied. You were nervous to interact with a stranger as always, but you manage to pull it off.

When the girl was finally satisfied, she thanked you before running away, still in shock that she got to meet one of her favorite authors. The girl did not have a clue that the same author was still currently getting over the interaction.

You fanned yourself before releasing a sigh. No matter how much you love your fans, you still can't help but feel drained after meets. It was so different because you did not have the same problem when you were with Licht's village. They were precious family.

There you go...

Before your eyes get the chance to gather tears, you raised your head up the sky and used your hand to dry your eyes. Then you instantly got yourself to imagine going on your trip to Switzerland in attempt to push the dejection away and replace it with thrill. Even to the point of rushing it and your thoughts were getting tangled.

While you were busy trying to change how you feel at the moment, you did not notice that the man from the black car started walking towards you. Each step he took made his heart beat simultaneously louder and faster. Without hesitation, he gently grabbed you hand—catching your attention and your gaze finally landed on him again.

Meeting with his gaze was like a balloon full of colorful paints colliding against a white canvas. Your heart stopped.

His hair was the same platinum blond and his once golden eyes are now bright amber—but you could tell that he was the same person. Because other than his change of eye color, he still had the same dreamy and handsome face. Your mind that had so much thoughts went blank. He was still so breathtakingly beautiful.

Before you could say anything, he pulled you in his arms, hugging you tightly as he buried his face on the crook of your neck. This sudden move made you froze and the familiar scent that entered your nose made your attempt to push your tears back gone to waste.

All the memories and emotions that you've been ignoring has made their presence brighter so you could not look away ever again.

"...Licht?" You whispered as your trembling hands landed on his back. Your heart ached with it, full of sweetness and bitterness.

"You're one remarkable painting, I can see you everywhere." He started to sing softly and his voice still sounded the same, making you burst into tears more as you finally hugged him back as tightly. Licht was singing the song in a way that only the two of you could hear—intimately done.

This was the song that he first heard you sing; an original song that you wrote for your fictional book that you later came to relate to when you first fell for Licht. Your fans may know the lyrics, but you have never taught the world how the melody sounded. And among the elves, only Licht had the song memorized.

"The way sunlight reflects in your eyes, your smile that reaches my heart, they all give me butterflies. I love the way you touch me, so caring and gentle. The way you wipe my tears away, the warmth of your palm against my cheek. Oh tell me, how could I forget them?"

When you and Licht became lovers, he asked you to teach him this particular song. You taught him the whole part and explained that this song is supposed to be made by a character from your book that's in love with somebody that did not reciprocate.

Technically, the song was still written by you and Licht adored it. But he always ended it at where it ended now, because both of your love were mutual. Licht said at that time that he liked the parts he memorized since he felt the same way when he's with you.

You would never forget how you fell in love with him again after he said that.

The words that you imagined so many times that you would say to Licht if you two really meet again, were suddenly pushed in the back of your mind. There were so many, but you could not say them.

You only clung to Licht as tightly as possible in fear that he'll fly away from your grasp. Somehow, you also feared that hearing your own voice might wake you up from this scenario that seemed so much like a sweet dream. You have played this scene in your mind so many times that this one seemed like one of them—only much more realistic.

But Licht did not have the same fear. The only thing he's afraid of was the fact that it took him a long time to find you and it caused you too much sorrow because that's what it's like for him.

"I'm sorry for not coming to you sooner. I'm sorry for leaving you," his voice shook. The pain was evident in every word that came out of Licht's lips, and you wanted to tell him that it's fine, but the ache would not let you.

Maybe it's because you were too emotional and you have not slept at all due to a lot of things, (mainly your work and upcoming trip) your knees got so weak and you fainted—almost dropping on the ground if it weren't for Licht holding you.

"Y/N?" Terror was evidence in Licht's voice as he got a sudden flashback of when he held you the same—after getting attacked at your own wedding. When you died.

His bodyguards and secretary that tactfully turned away and kept their distance from their boss' private affair, now hurriedly went to his aid. Since they were all professionals—mostly the bodyguards—they knew CPR and what to look for.

As Licht's gaze was filled with terrifying memories, someone had already checked your pulse.

"I think she only fainted due to fatigue, but I suggest taking her to a hospital to make sure," the person advised. Hearing such a solemn tone, Licht finally turned his attention to you. He lifted your body in a bridal carry and walked, his secretary following his steps.

"Please prepare the car," he ordered, with only ensuring your safety in his mind.

The secretary glanced back and forth towards the venue to Licht's face; noticing the CEO's reddened eyes, he decided to just be the one who'll attend the awarding.

"As you wish."

Noting that their boss would probably want privacy, only the head bodyguard and a driver came with you and Licht. The rest of the men attended the awarding with Licht's secretary.

* * *

The faintest sound of rustling trees and a continuous beeping noise were the ones that you first sensed when you gained consciousness. You listened for a minute, wanting to relieve the soreness that you felt all over your body as the cold breeze that was coming from somewhere hit you.

Finally, you willed your exhausted eyes to open and a pristine white ceiling greeted you. A few slow blinks, before you became aware of your surrounding and what happened.

Black car.

A tall man.

Platinum blond hair, striking amber eyes and familiar handsome face.

Licht.

Licht came back. Licht found you.

A gasp came out of your mouth as you abruptly sat up from the bed. The needle from the IV fluids was almost harshly pulled out because of your reaction. But you could not help it.

The last time you woke up so suddenly on a hospital bed, you lost everything you had. Back then it seemed like you woke up from a sweet dream to a nightmare—despite how the elves were almost massacred before you came back. You would have been happier to have perished with them at that moment than to wake up in a world that did not have a trace of their mortal existence.

And right now, it was happening again.

Right outside of the awarding's venue—you met him again there. You cried. You cried so much that you did not know when you stopped doing so. But he was there. You smelled his familiar scent and he sang. His eyes only looked at you again.

Or so you thought.

When your gaze searched for him in this little hospital room, you seemed pathetic for doing so. Holding onto hope that by each passing day seemed to be getting false as doubt ruthlessly corrupted them. A lump was stuck in your throat and your breathing got uneven. No. No.

You wanted to believe that Licht's just in the bathroom—the only place where you can hide in the hospital room—but you looked at the door for a few minutes and no one came out. No movement inside can be heard.

At this point, as many different emotions settled in your heart, you were getting light-headed too. Your breathing also got louder and faster. Each sound of your heartbeat reminded you that you were on Earth. You left them from that universe.

They aren't real. They're just in your head.

Everything faded out. The colors got even more dull from all corners of the room. The sound that was coming from the vital sign monitor too.

Your world that you have been keeping from falling apart is now rumbling down. That cruel dream of meeting Licht again was the last straw. The voices in your head kept mocking you for believing it was real.

The door of your room slides open; a doctor and two nurses followed him as they approached you in a hurry. They asked you questions but you did not pay attention, only closing your eyes in despair.

"Y/N!"

Your head whipped to the door and there he was. Licht panted as his gaze tries to focus on you, his formerly slick black suit now had wrinkles and his necktie loosened.

Whatever the medical staff put in your IV fluids to calm your irregular heartbeat seemed to be working. Your expression turned soft, but Licht can still see the trace of doubt in your face.

After the medical staff had done their job, Licht finally walked to you. Your eyes never left his figure the moment he entered the room. The tiniest doubt in your heart dissipated when he sat on the bed beside you, gently taking your hand in his.

Licht lifted his gaze to meet yours; from the first moment you knew him, you have known that he was braver than anyone else. But right now, his eyes held fear. He wanted to tighten his hold on your hand as if he will never let you go ever again, but at the same time, Licht did not want to hurt you.

"Please don't do that again," his voice shook on the end. "I can't bear to hold you and feel that you're cold."

Licht's gaze shined like glass beads while the rim of his eyes reddened. His back hunched, his head lowered, Licht appeared so vulnerable that it broke your heart. It occurred to you that he might have also been devastated. Licht must have also longed for you.

He might have also cried himself to sleep multiple times thinking and worrying about you—if you were even alive.

Heartbroken by these theories, you urged yourself to show him a little smile. "I won't do that to you again, I'm sorry..."

Then he shook his head, sitting closer to you and finally pulling you in his arms again. Your chin rested on his shoulder while his face leaned on yours. No tears were shed. Just immersing yourselves in the silence while being with each other was enough.

Licht placed a light kiss on your shoulder before he starts speaking. "Two years ago, I had an accident and fell into a coma. I was unconscious for a month and when I woke up, I remembered everything. I remembered you."

Two years ago.

You had your own "falling into a coma" four years ago. If you had successfully ended your life back then, you would have never known that you would see Licht again.

Licht caught your attention again when he tightly clung to your clothes. For the first time on this Earth, you were thankful to be alive.

"I did not want to believe it back then. My memories felt so true but also surreal. So I ignored it even when it haunted me, until a show that my niece was watching caught my attention." Regret can be heard in his first sentences, but his soothing voice got soft in the end.

"It baffled me that the memories and story I had was similar from the show, and the people were the same. Fana, Patri, Raia, Vetto, the whole village, our descendants, Tetia, and Lumiere. I found out that you were also there."

Something bloomed in your heart. The human that the elf Licht married in Black Clover was not named and seemed like a complete mystery. Although many fans had their theories about who the human girl was, you and Licht instantly knew her identity.

With no doubt, Licht knows it was you. Only you.

"I remembered that you told us you were from Earth. And when I also remembered how protective you were of my people; the way you risked your life for the children; you did not have any mana in your body; and just before you... died, you did something to save us again," his voice got sadder from obviously being reminded of your death. You softly rubbed his back, eagerly listening to his words as you comforted him.

"When I first saw you falling from the sky, I had a brief thought you were an Angel sent to save us. Then when I felt like you came to us because you wanted to change our fate, my first impression might not be wrong."

Licht paused for a moment. He hesitated and only gained courage to continue when it became clear that he was still holding you.

"Y/N, tell me, did you come to save us?" He asked, remembering all those sad gazes that flashed in your eyes in random moments you were with them. And when you first saw them, you recognized who they were and muttered, "I'm glad that everyone is alive."

"Yes," you breathe. Licht and Tetia's original fate lingered in your mind. "And I... changed your fate the most."

"I see," he murmured and Licht seemed to know what was in your mind. "I would not exchange the chance I was given to meet you, for anything—even for my life."

Licht pulled away from the hug but his hold did let go. When he finally accepted the truth, Licht spent the moments from then to find you. He had so much hope when he realized that you're from Earth, but the only thing he knew was your first name and the country you lived in.

However, because of some family matters in the past, your surname had changed and looking into you turned more complicated. You hired an attorney when you became an author to protect your identity from everyone since some people tend to be nosy. Furthermore, although you were somewhat famous, you use a completely different name for writing.

At first, photos of you were also practically nonexistent on the internet. After two years of waking up, because of your editor's suggestion, you decided to stop hiding your face then. It's not like you bothered to tell Licht about details that would help to find you since that would only work on earth—which at the time did not occur to you that you'd meet him here.

His attendance to the awarding was not a coincidence. Licht decided to go since he saw your picture as one of the authors that will be awarded. The name was the same, and the face was the same—in fact he thought you got more beautiful.

But he did not contact you in fear that he might be wrong. At the venue, it took only one look at your smile to confirm your identity.

Licht's gaze turned tender as he took in your appearance. He slowly inched forward and kissed your lips, not moving but savoring the warmth and softness. The proof that no matter how long his lips stayed, you would not disappear because you were real.

He cupped your face with both his hands and gently traced your features with his thumb. You leaned your forehead against his and closed your eyes, feeling his hot breath brush on your lips when he pulled away.

The markings that were placed on your body got more vivid, proof that you two were finally together. And that you were married.

"You found me, Licht. The soulmate spell worked."

The End

++++
A/N: Wahhh!! Thank you for staying with me on this journey of loving the leader of elves, Licht! I really love him as a character and as the result of his less screen-time, I wrote this fanfic!

I tried to make this a romantic one because I imagined that our beloved kind elf would be romantic and passionate. I hope you enjoyed this short fanfic!

Thank you very much! I hope you also anticipate the rest of the characters' stories. Love you children!❤️

UNEDITED

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

358K 11.3K 45
Originally from Saussy, a small village of the Forsaken Realm, you had spent nearly the last five years running from your past. Now, you're 20 and re...
26.6K 610 28
ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ ❀ ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ A little girl escapes her abusive family's home, and suddenly finds her way into a town where a certain magic knights squad captain...
15.7K 500 29
An eight year old survived the night of (L/n) family downfall. She flee to another region, from where she was taken in by Julius Novachrono, the 28t...
107K 2.7K 42
Three boys, completely different from each other, risen at a humble village in the poorest part of the Clover Kingdom, but with one clear goal: Becom...