Natalia's High School Manual...

By happywriter18

[A STAND-ALONE NOVEL] Welcome to Natalia's high school manual! Yup, she's just your average normie st... More

Natalia's High School Manual [βœ”]
CHAPTER 01: Season One [βœ”]
CHAPTER 02: Her Manual [βœ”]
CHAPTER 03: First Day Of School [βœ”]
CHAPTER 04: Her Rants [βœ”]
CHAPTER 05: Freeda's Smile [βœ”]
CHAPTER 06: Parties? [βœ”]
CHAPTER 07: I'm Sick, Literally [βœ”]
CHAPTER 08: Nerdy Nathan [βœ”]
CHAPTER 09: Felt Neglected? [βœ”]
CHAPTER 10: Alone Or Lonely? [βœ”]
CHAPTER 11: New Beginnings [βœ”]
CHAPTER 12: Tyler's Revenge [βœ”]
CHAPTER 13: My Hero [βœ”]
CHAPTER 14: Your Friends? [βœ”]
CHAPTER 15: Our Squad [βœ”]
CHAPTER 16: Weird Moments [βœ”]
CHAPTER 17: Need Help Part I [βœ”]
CHAPTER 18: Need Help Part II [βœ”]
CHAPTER 19: Beach Body [βœ”]
CHAPTER 20: The Encounter [βœ”]
CHAPTER 21: Season Two [βœ”]
CHAPTER 22: The Clubs [βœ”]
CHAPTER 23: The Rehearsals [βœ”]
CHAPTER 24: Helping A Friend [βœ”]
CHAPTER 25: The Rumors [βœ”]
CHAPTER 26: The Confrontation [βœ”]
CHAPTER 28: The Kiss [βœ”]
CHAPTER 29: Nathan's Confession [βœ”]
CHAPTER 30: The Witches [βœ”]
CHAPTER 31: Boy Friends [βœ”]
CHAPTER 32: The Student Council [βœ”]
CHAPTER 33: The Cheaters [βœ”]
CHAPTER 34: Their Final Speech [βœ”]
CHAPTER 35: The Election Day [βœ”]
CHAPTER 36: Season Three [βœ”]
CHAPTER 37: The President [βœ”]
CHAPTER 38: Get Even [βœ”]
CHAPTER 39: The Set Ups [βœ”]
CHAPTER 40: Broken Hearts [βœ”]
CHAPTER 41: His Tutor [βœ”]
CHAPTER 42: Officially Dating [βœ”]
CHAPTER 43: First Kiss [βœ”]
CHAPTER 44: The Promposal [βœ”]
CHAPTER 45: Letters To Nathan [βœ”]
CHAPTER 46: Season Four [βœ”]
CHAPTER 47: Tyler's Game Over [βœ”]
CHAPTER 48: The Jail Booth [βœ”]
CHAPTER 49: The Bullies [βœ”]
CHAPTER 50: New Couples In Town [βœ”]
CHAPTER 51: Campfire Night [βœ”]
CHAPTER 52: The Unbreakable Squad [βœ”]
CHAPTER 53: College Application [βœ”]
CHAPTER 54: The Last Day Of School [βœ”]
CHAPTER 55: The Rule Of Falling In Love [βœ”]
SPECIAL CHAPTER: Natalia's High School Manual [βœ”]
Acknowledgement [βœ”]

CHAPTER 27: Asking Another Favor [βœ”]

7 0 0
By happywriter18

        IT’S been a week since that accident happened. The accident where Nathan sprained his ankle. But thankfully, he’s fine right now. I mean, he can’t still play basketball or any vigorous activities. So for now, he’s just focusing more on school and in the rehearsals of the drama club.

“Everyone! Pay attention! This is one of the biggest play that our drama club ever conducted. So I want you to focus on your roles and start memorizing your script,” our adviser stated.

“Yes, Ma’am.”

         The members of the club suddenly walked towards the different directions, getting the copy of their script as they started memorizing their lines. Nathan and I sat down in the corner, me looking at his sprained ankle.

“Are you sure you’re alright now?” I asked.

“Uhm, yeah. I’m fine. Don’t worry. The doctor said that I can participate in this drama for I’m just sitting for the whole duration of the play.”

          I nodded, before getting the script. I read the first line, before remembering Becca. I didn’t saw her ever since that time that Nathan and I was shocked seeing her barged into the infirmary of our school. I haven’t saw her walking in the hallways, nor in the girls’ locker room. She’s often missing in our classes, and I can’t help but to wonder why. Sometimes I’m starting to blame myself as I feel guilty for letting her saw that thing...

         Speaking of guilty, that applies to Tyler as well. Scott told me that he haven’t gone to their home ever since last week, when I punched him straight in his face... And told him about that certain thing. I don’t know that it could affect him in that way... I mean, I shouldn’t have told him that, just like what Scott said for it was a very sensitive topic for him.

“Hey, are you okay, Nat?” Nathan asked, waving his hands in front of my face.

        I looked at him. He’s still clueless about everything that happened these past few days. He’s been absent so I highly doubt that he already knew about what I did to Tyler. That issue probably already subsides even before his sprained ankle healed. And about Becca, he isn’t paying any attention towards her so I guess he wasn’t thinking about that issue also.

“Yeah. I’m just... You know, thinking about some stuffs.”

“Like what?”

“Nothing, Nathan. Let’s just practice for our roles.”

“Sure... I guess so.”

           Before I could say another word, our adviser looked around, walking in front of us before saying one familiar name that instantly caught both of me and my bestfriend’s attention.

“Where is servant number two? Ms. Becca Valle?” she called out.

         Nathan and I looked at each other, both dumbfounded. I know what he’s thinking right now. Maybe Becca doesn’t want to join in this play anymore because she doesn’t want to see us... And she can only fulfill that mission of her by avoiding the both of us.

“I’m here! I’m sorry, I’m late!”

          We averted our eyes towards her direction whom just entered into the theatre room. She’s panting, like she’s been running the whole day. Suddenly, our adviser let her do her job just like that and Nathan and I finally decided to continue practicing.

“Do you think she’s still mad at us?” I asked Nathan.

“I don’t know... Maybe, because she hadn’t greeted us yet.”

“But maybe she’s busy...” I defended Becca, hoping for the impossible thing to happen.

          Becca just shrugged her shoulders after seeing us, like we are just an empty air in that space. I felt guilty, realizing how much we’d hurt her.

“I told you so,” Nathan stated.

          After practice, I saw Becca packing her stuffs up so I decided to call her out and talk to her about everything. Nathan doesn’t want that idea for he wanted Becca to talk to us first and he said that we should give her some more space right now. But I wouldn’t do as he say. I badly wanted to talk to Becca right now.

“Then fine, I’ll go alone, Nathan. Stay here.”

       He shook his head, before shrugging his shoulder. I looked away, before I started walking towards the exit of the theatre room to follow Becca. When we reached outside, it was the same exact time that our school bell rings, indicating that classes were over.

        Students started to get inside of my room, only making it harder for me to caught up Becca and to call her name. I don’t want to make another scene in here.

          I ran, bumping onto one person to another. When I almost reached Becca’s bag, someone suddenly grabbed me in my waist, before pulling me out of the crowd. I couldn’t scream out of shock for one main reason... The hands of whoever this guy is was already covering my mouth before I could say anything.

          He dragged me towards at the back of the stairs, hiding me in the crowd as I felt his breath on my ears. He pinned me on the wall, before looking at me straight and dead in the eyes. It was as if he was a predator, and I am his prey.

“T-Tyler...”

          My voice trembled, unable to say another word except of his name. He’s glaring intensely at me, before he punched the right side of the wall behind me. I gasped in shock, before my knees shook in panic and fear. I slowly sat down, sobbing out of fear. I hugged my knees tightly as I almost beg towards him.

“Please don’t hurt me...” I pleaded.

          He didn’t say anything. He took his phone out instead before capturing a photo of me... The scared me. He then chuckled, before showing me my own picture.

“Now we are even,” he whispered closely into my ears before he started to walk away, leaving me in there all alone.

              I pull myself together, being traumatized by Tyler’s action. If only I knew that he’s not going to hurt me and just scared me like that, then I should’ve just laugh at his actions earlier. But I couldn’t do anything else now that it already happened. I just sighed, wiping my tears away before standing up.

         I still need to talk to Becca. I ran, unsure of where to go so I decided to just trust my instinct instead. My feet brought me to the rooftop of this building, and for the very first time, I felt very thankful that I trusted myself. Because there, I saw Becca looking down the streets... Crying.

“B-Becca?” I asked.

          Her eyes widen as soon as she realized that it was me. She secretly wiped her tears away before avoiding my gaze.

“What are you doing here, Natalia?” she asked.

“Becca... I just wanted to talk to you.”

“Go away. I don’t need you anymore...”

          I walked towards her direction, ignoring her almost pleading voice. I tap her shoulders, trying to make her look at me.

“But, Becca... I just wanted to–”

“I said go away!” she burst out, pushing me away from her.

           I fell down on the ground, looking at her with my almost crying eyes. It’s been to much for me today. Tyler and Becca made me cry... And I don’t know why I still feel bad about those things that I’ve done to them even though we are probably even right now.

           I looked up to Becca, only seeing the guilt in her eyes. She then sat right in front of me, before saying anything.

“I-I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t mean to hurt you, Natalia... It’s just that... I envy you that much to the point that I just chose to leave our squad rather than stay with you guys... Because I can’t watch the way Nathan is looking at you... I mean, you probably don’t know about this but Nathan likes you...”

          I blinked several times, trying to process what she’d just said.

“What? That’s not true,” I refused to accept her words.

“It is! And you don’t know about that because all you ever think about is your friendship... Our friendship... You’re so numb, Natalia Carter.”

          I shook my head, tears started to stream down on my cheeks. Is that true? Does Nathan likes me? But he’s my bestfriend... And he also told me that he already likes someone else, which means it’s not me. I don’t know what to believe anymore.

“Becca... N-no. I mean, Nathan doesn’t like me. And you’re right. All I ever care about is our friendship, so please, come back to the squad...” I almost pleaded.

“Is our friendship all that matters to you then?” she asked, as if challenging me.

“Yes,” I strongly answered even though I’m still unsure.

“Then help me, Natalia. Stay away from Nathan and help me get close to him once and for all... I’m only asking you one favor... A favor that could bring our squad’s friendship back.”

“I’ll help you!” I stated, too eager to rebuild the squad that I ruined myself.

“Okay...” She nodded several times as if she was thinking something. “Prove it to me then...”

“How?” I asked curiously.

“Give me your role in the play. It was just a small favor to ask, Natalia. Right after that, I promise that our squad will be whole again. Deal?”

             She offered her hands for a shake. I look at it, still unsure if I should seal this deal with her. But if it was for our friendship, I think it was all worth sacrificing for. Joining the drama club already taught me so many lessons and I could proudly say that I learned a lot from the members and from our adviser as well. But I think I need to quit right now. For our squad. For Becca.

           And so, I chose to sacrifice myself again, just to make everyone happy and satisfied. Maybe this time I wouldn’t regret this decision. Maybe, just maybe. So I guess I have to accept this offer of her. I grabbed her hands, then I finally shook it.

“Deal.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 34.2K 49
Natalia is well Natalia. She's an average teenager who likes to party, have sex, and occasionally do drugs. With filthy rich parents she never has to...
65K 2.4K 78
When college student Brandy Bright's charming, but toxic best friend, Benji, asks her to move in with him, she has to decide if making a move on her...
2.6K 46 38
For the booksmart yet naΓ―ve 16-year-old Nicky, high school in her quaint little hometown island in the Philippines had always been predictable. Until...
299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...