Natalia's High School Manual...

By happywriter18

[A STAND-ALONE NOVEL] Welcome to Natalia's high school manual! Yup, she's just your average normie st... More

Natalia's High School Manual [✔]
CHAPTER 01: Season One [✔]
CHAPTER 02: Her Manual [✔]
CHAPTER 03: First Day Of School [✔]
CHAPTER 04: Her Rants [✔]
CHAPTER 05: Freeda's Smile [✔]
CHAPTER 06: Parties? [✔]
CHAPTER 07: I'm Sick, Literally [✔]
CHAPTER 08: Nerdy Nathan [✔]
CHAPTER 09: Felt Neglected? [✔]
CHAPTER 10: Alone Or Lonely? [✔]
CHAPTER 11: New Beginnings [✔]
CHAPTER 12: Tyler's Revenge [✔]
CHAPTER 13: My Hero [✔]
CHAPTER 14: Your Friends? [✔]
CHAPTER 15: Our Squad [✔]
CHAPTER 16: Weird Moments [✔]
CHAPTER 17: Need Help Part I [✔]
CHAPTER 18: Need Help Part II [✔]
CHAPTER 19: Beach Body [✔]
CHAPTER 20: The Encounter [✔]
CHAPTER 21: Season Two [✔]
CHAPTER 22: The Clubs [✔]
CHAPTER 23: The Rehearsals [✔]
CHAPTER 24: Helping A Friend [✔]
CHAPTER 26: The Confrontation [✔]
CHAPTER 27: Asking Another Favor [✔]
CHAPTER 28: The Kiss [✔]
CHAPTER 29: Nathan's Confession [✔]
CHAPTER 30: The Witches [✔]
CHAPTER 31: Boy Friends [✔]
CHAPTER 32: The Student Council [✔]
CHAPTER 33: The Cheaters [✔]
CHAPTER 34: Their Final Speech [✔]
CHAPTER 35: The Election Day [✔]
CHAPTER 36: Season Three [✔]
CHAPTER 37: The President [✔]
CHAPTER 38: Get Even [✔]
CHAPTER 39: The Set Ups [✔]
CHAPTER 40: Broken Hearts [✔]
CHAPTER 41: His Tutor [✔]
CHAPTER 42: Officially Dating [✔]
CHAPTER 43: First Kiss [✔]
CHAPTER 44: The Promposal [✔]
CHAPTER 45: Letters To Nathan [✔]
CHAPTER 46: Season Four [✔]
CHAPTER 47: Tyler's Game Over [✔]
CHAPTER 48: The Jail Booth [✔]
CHAPTER 49: The Bullies [✔]
CHAPTER 50: New Couples In Town [✔]
CHAPTER 51: Campfire Night [✔]
CHAPTER 52: The Unbreakable Squad [✔]
CHAPTER 53: College Application [✔]
CHAPTER 54: The Last Day Of School [✔]
CHAPTER 55: The Rule Of Falling In Love [✔]
SPECIAL CHAPTER: Natalia's High School Manual [✔]
Acknowledgement [✔]

CHAPTER 25: The Rumors [✔]

7 0 0
By happywriter18

         TODAY is the day I’ve waiting for. The first game of the sports club. The chosen sport for this week is basketball, where Nathan and Scott will be participating in the same team. The opposing team is leaded by Tyler, of course, as well as Liam and Jake, the new kid.

         Before the game started, I’ve already heard a lot about some rumors spreading here in Jackson High. The top one trending news is still the same as before... Freeda and Tyler’s break up.

        Not that I care nor concern about them, it’s just that it’s becoming more and more bothering to think how many times they broke up and came back to each other. I mean, how can they still trust each other after all those things that happened into their relationship? Or is there even a thing like that between the both of them? Because believe me, I’ve seen how Freeda is treating Tyler these past few days. It was like they’re just using the name of each other for popularity or fame... Meaning that their relationship is just a fraud... Something just for the show.

        The second rumor was a bit concerning to me and to our squad, for Becca and Scott both entangled themselves into it. Someone took a picture of them “dating” if that’s what you call it in the nearby coffee shop from our school. That photo is all over the internet, and someone even captioned it with the words, “the lovebirds.”

         Nathan and I are just so thankful that whoever that photographer was, he or she didn’t saw nor caught our almost kissing moment. I’m pretty sure that if someone took a photo of that scene, then it would become an instant hit to the students here in Jackson high specially to those ones who are addicted to gossiping about other people’s lives.

          Scott wasn’t even a bit affected about it, though I could see and it was obvious that he’s worrying about Becca, who in the other hand, hated the news with all of her will power to do so. Maybe Scott is thinking that if Becca find it awkward to stay around him, she wasn’t going to hang out with our squad anymore. Though I found that very impossible to happen for Becca is still drowned by my bestfriend’s charm.

            Becca, as I’ve stated earlier, is looking very annoyed by that rumor that she almost break her phone by throwing it across our classroom right after seeing the photo of her and Scott on her Facebook feed. Well, that was a bit harsh to Scott. Is he that unlikeable to her?

          Before I discuss the last and final rumor, let me tell you one thing before anything. These rumors are the ones I’m often hearing whenever I walked down the hallway of the school buildings. I’m not sure if these are the top trending news or updates about Jackson High.

          So back to the story after proving myself not guilty of spreading nonsense rumors... The last one is about the like girl Elyzz. Remember that guy named Jake Echarri? The sweet transferee who became Tyler’s subordinate for having a same club together... Music club, to be specific. That handsome guy is now dating Elyzz... And I don’t know what he saw in her.

           Not being rude or what but... Elyzz was like... I mean, I rather date someone more annoying like Becca sometimes rather than that “like girl.” She’s pretty, yeah. But a pretty face who comes with a foul personality is much like having a brand new car without any tires... It’s useless, I guess.

“Cheer for me later, Nat!” Nathan stated enthusiastically.

“Me too!” Scott stated.

“Sure... I will, even if I’m not a part of the cheer leading squad,” I joked.

“Hey, Natalia is supposed to cheer me! I mean, only me! You should ask Becca to cheer you too!” Nathan complained, acting like a child like he always does.

        Scott looked down, thinking what happened to Becca. She’s not going to watch this game for she was too afraid to be judge by Jackson High’s student of having a secret love affair with Scott. Too bad, I wanted to watch this game with her.

“I’m sorry...” Nathan stated, putting his arms around Scott’s shoulder.

“It’s fine, really...”

“Don’t worry, Scott. Becca will talk to us again soon...”

“I hope so. Sometimes I’m blaming myself for this. I mean, if only I did well on that set up date then maybe the two of us are having a little progress right now... How I wish those rumors will become true.”

         Nathan chuckled, tapping Scott’s head mockingly after he just confessed how he’s currently feeling to us right now.

“Hey, lover boy. Stop crying and let us just focus on this game first.”

“Sure, Nerdy Nathan,” Scott fired back, only making me laughed.

“Go on, guys. Just enjoy the game. I’m here to cheer for the both of you.”

        Scott saluted to me, before running to the court where their coach and teammates are already meeting up for their secret strategy. Nathan didn’t move in front of my face, and I raised my brows just to ask him why.

“What?”

“Can I get a hug?” he asked while scratching his nape.

“For what?” I looked at him in awe.

“You know, for the game... You’re my lucky charm, Nat.”

         Too much for a guy who just mocked someone for being a lover boy. I guess he just asked me right after Scott left the both of us alone in here because he’s being shy to let our friend hear his favor. I chuckled, looking at his cute facial expression.

“What? I can’t get a hug from my bestfriend now?” he asked, pouting.

           Before he could say another word to complain, I instantly pulled him in for a hug. He was surprised at first, before he finally returned it as he caressed my hair.

“Thank you for recharging me, Nat.”

          I smiled as we pulled away from each other. He then run away towards the court, before sending a flying kiss over my direction. I blushed, thinking how many people saw that thing.

            When the game started, Nathan and Scott’s team instantly got in the lead of the scoreboard. Tyler wasn’t looking so happy about that, and even Jake too whom I only saw this active side of him just now.

“Go, Scott! Go, Nathan! Whooo!” I cheered shamelessly.

          Some students started to looked at me in annoyance, for I was the loudest in all the crowd of audience in here. But I ignored them. All I wanted to do right now is to focus on the game and to support my friends. I mean, that wasn’t too much to ask, right?

         Another rule popped up into my mind. Rule number twenty-three... Always support your friends. Because they will probably do the same thing to you as well. Someday, I know that I’m going to be the one who’s gonna need their help and advice and it feels so safe and securing knowing that someone got your back and they’re willing to provide you the support that you needed.

           The game is going so well for a moment. Not until that certain moment came in the scenario. The moment no one is been waiting to happen in this game. Just as I though that Nathan and Scott are already enjoying themselves, something bad and inevitable happened. Someone got injured and I don’t why out of all people in that court, it has to be my bestfriend.

         Nathan was laying down in the ground while holding his injured ankle, wincing in pain. I saw it, I saw how Tyler did it. He secretly pushed one of his teammates towards Nathan causing the both of them to fall and luckily, only one of them got injured. The only unlucky part about that is it was Nathan.

          But that doesn’t matter for me right now. The fact that our school nurse and some of the reserved teammates of Nathan are already carrying him towards the clinic is what I’m only thinking right now. I followed them, but Scott get in my way before I could almost reach Nathan.

“Natalia! I’m so sorry! I badly wanted to follow you and Nathan but I’m afraid that our coach wouldn’t let me leave the game. The team needs me...” he apologized.

“That’s fine. I’ll come for Nathan. Just continue the game. Don’t let your hard works gone wasted because of this accident. Good luck, Scott... I know you can do this.”

“Thanks, Nat. See you later.”

           He ran backwards towards his team before I continue rushing to the clinic of our school. When I arrived in there, I quickly opened the door, not bothering to knock out of worry. My heart is thumping pretty bad out of nervous and tiredness because of running and stuffs. Thankfully, I saw Nathan in there, sitting on the bed while looking down at his ankle.

“Nat!” I shouted.

          He looked up, and I saw how his face lit up because of my presence. I bit my lower lip, trying to suppress my tears out of frustration and relief. I ran as fast as I can towards him, before giving him a tight hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 48.9K 61
I turn around and look into his blue eyes, searching them. When I'm certain that he's not lying, butterflies erupt in my stomach and I gulp audibly...
352K 8.1K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
126K 4.8K 56
|WATTYS 2021 Shortlisted| ❝Teach me.❞ ❝Teach you what?❞ ❝Teach me how to be a bad boy.❞ Elias Rodriguez has a crush on a certain cheerleader (since f...
64.9K 2.4K 78
When college student Brandy Bright's charming, but toxic best friend, Benji, asks her to move in with him, she has to decide if making a move on her...