Skinny Love

By hiraeth3666

Emerson Taylor, straight A student. Everyone knows her name. She has the popularity and the looks and the ath... More

Introduction
1.| First Day
3.| Coach
4.| Miss Taylor?
5.| Game
6.| Tacos
7.| Birthday
8.| Sick
9.| Party
10.| My place
11.| Chick Flic
12.| Meeting
13.| Footballs and Babies
14.| Ref
15.| Car
16.| Halloween Party
17.| Side Porch
18.| The Zone
19.| I Love You
20.| Jayden
21.| Phone Call
22.| Megan
23. Bet
24.| Blue Moon
25.| Knock Knock
26.| Graduation
27.| End
28: 𝘽𝙤𝙣𝙪𝙨

2.| Practice

2.8K 58 28
By hiraeth3666

♡︎Emerson♡︎

I knew he'd be here because cheerleading practice and football practice is usually at the same time.

It's still annoying as hell though.

I sat at the bleachers a little ways away from the girls that members of the football team probably brought.

Most of them don't have girlfriends by the way.

I pulled out my phone, thank god I charged it at Ryden's house.

I put my Air Pods in and decided to watch something.

Half way through, I looked up and saw the girls practicing a pyramid formation, and the guys were doing planks.

Why are they doing stretches like 45 minutes into practice? Anyways.

Coach B is also the cheer and football coach. Don't ask me how he knows how to play, or at least coach, all these different sports so well. Or how he has the time to do it all, but there's no like assistant coach.

It's literally just him. Poor coach B.

I wonder if I could help him out in the basketball department? Just because I can't play the sport doesn't mean I can't help him coach it. I'll talk to him about that later. Or text him, whichever.

I did play for almost, on an actual team, for almost 12 years.

Before I joined a team, when I was 4, I did things like clinics and one on one stuff, and some things at my preschool and daycares.

I would've have played through high school and college if I could.

I don't know if I'd play past college though. I think I'd want to explore doing other things in my life. I guess now I can.

Coach B told both teams what they needed to do for the next drill or whatever and then walked over to me.

Sitting down next to me on the bleachers, he sighed.

"Your cheerleading team is... great this year." I said.

"I know right," he rolled his eyes.

I laughed and then decided I could ask him about basketball.

"Hey, do you need any help coaching?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't have any extracurriculars anymore," I held up my knee, "plus there's only one coach to coach all the teams plus be the gym teacher. And I know basketball like the back of my hand soooo-"

"Are you serious?" He asked.

Uh oh.

"Yes?"

"Really?" He smiled.

"Yes."

"But what about your knee, I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself," he cautioned.

"I'll be fine," I rolled my eyes.

"I would love your help coaching the basketball team!" We only have 1 basketball team. It's an all girls team too. Budget.

"But I don't think we could pay you," he shook his head.

"That's totally okay! I don't need the money." I reassured.

"Damnnnnn, when can you start?"

"When do you need me?"

"There's a practice tomorrow at 6, you can get to know the girls and their positions," he recalled. I say recalled because it looked like he actually had to think to remember.

"Okayyyy, bet."

"You know, you're my favorite player I've had on a team right?"

"I better have been," I rolled my eyes.

☾------------☽

"So I saw you talking to Mr. Brown, earlier." Ry smiled while we started to walk to the car.

"Hey, Taylor," someone shouted before I got the chance to answer Ryden.

Turning around, I saw a pretty sweaty Ivor Hill.

I scoffed and turned around.

"Holy crap. He's coming towards you." Ry practically screeched.

"Mhm," I rolled my eyes jokingly.

Ry is kind of, kind of very, boy crazy. She's got a serious issue.

"I'll wait in the car," she whispered.

"Okay," I nodded in response.

"What happened to your knee?" He asked.

Does he want me to name every torn tendon or muscle? The whole school has already heard about it already anyway.

"The whole school knows what happened to my knee," I rolled my eyes.

"Actually," he started, "the whole state knows what happened to your knee."

ESPN started coming to games to film us, film me, after a couple months.

I was named Arizona's best high school athlete in 8th grade. In 9th, I was Arizona's best athlete.

"So why do you want to know?" I asked.

"I meant what happened to your knee, today," he put an emphasis on today.

"Why do you care?"

"I don't."

"Then why do you ask?"

"I want to know."

"So you do care."

I love messing with people. Plus he's been getting on my nerves since like the fourth grade.

"No. Now what happened to your knee." That wasn't a question. He thinks he's intimidating, please. I bet his mommy told him he was and now he believes it.

"Someone hit it."

"Who hit it and with what?"

"Rachel Micheals hit it with her locker." Also known as, his girlfriend. Which he hates. It's painfully obvious. He can't even stand to sit next to her in class. And he didn't, I saw it with my own two eyes.

"Is that all?" I rolled my eyes for what feels like the thousandth time today.

I wasn't counting.

"Yeah, that's all," he walked away.

He's really got a knack for pointless conversations.

"Oooooo," Ry ogled.

"Shut up."

"What was that about?" She laughed.

"He asked what happened to my knee earlier." I'm sick of everything revolving around this damn knee.

"What did happen?" She looked down at it.

No bruises was forming, no swelling, it just hurts like a biatch.

"Rachel hit it with her locker."

"She's such a bitch."

"I know."

"You didn't even do anything to her."

"It's so stupid," I agree.

"I should put her in her place. That's if, Mr. Ivor freaking Hill doesn't do it first." She laughed.

"Shut up." Joking, I promise.

She stopped and pulled into my driveway so I could go and change for the night and get clothes for tomorrow.

That only took like 10 minutes.

I'm planning on showering at her house tomorrow morning anyway.

Ry and I are very mean to each other at times. We both know when we're joking and it doesn't affect anything.

Sometimes people or our parents look at us like we're actually clinically insane. Maybe I am. *Insert F boi face here.*

I want to watch Twilight. Everyone thinks it's so cringey and they hate it, and it is cringey. But it's such a good movie, I don't even care.

I've seen all the movies like a hundred times. That's not even an exaggeration. I've also read the books. I liked those too.

But every time I read something that Jacob says, I read it with that voice crack. You know what I'm talking about.

"It's a woOoOlf thing." That.

Absolutely no hate to Taylor Lautner, well.

Anyways, my ears hurt. Like the tips of them.

"Are my ears red?"

"Yup."

Wow, she did not hesitate.

"Want to have a Twilight marathon?" I asked.

"Of course." She said like it was obvious.

It is obvious, actually.

☾---------☽

"Ohh come on," Ry threw popcorn at the tv when Edward told Bella she couldn't come with him and his family.

Team Edward. 100 percent.

I can see why you would like Jake. And I'm not against Jacob, but I like Edward more. Yeah.

Putting my hair into a bun, my Yn moment I guess. *Insert F boi face again here* I heard the door bell go off.

"I'll get it," Ryden said jumping up.

She really likes pizza.

She came back in a couple minutes later. The four personal pies in her hands and a huge grin on her face.

Yes, I said four personal pizzas. One for each of us for now, and one for like in thirty minutes to an hour when we decide the very small pizza wasn't enough and we want more.

The system works, trust me.

"What's the goofy grin for?" I teased.

"The pizza guy was hot." She rolled her eyes.

Boy. Crazy. What did I tell you?

"Makes sense," I nodded.

"I knowwww," she handed me my sausage and bacon pizzas.

"Thanks." I smiled.

☾—————☽

Bella has immaculate main character energy. Freaking immaculate.

Couldn't be me.

"Oh so about Mr. B," she asked.

"Oh yeah," we got interrupted before. (Mental eye roll.)

"I offered to help coach the basketball team," I smiled.

"Really?" She shrieked.

"Yup."

"YAY."

"I'm glad you're happy," I laughed.

"We'll I know how much you loved playing and now you can still be apart of the sport."

"Yeah," I smiled thinking about being on the court.

☾—————☽

Throwing my second pizza box next to the tv, Bella and Edward kissed after saying their "I do's" and shit.

I hope I get that some day.

Not a wedding, a vampire husband.

Yes.

Anywaysss, It's only like midnight.

Ry is already asleep, but my insomnia won't let me try and fall asleep too.

I don't know what to do.

I could just lay here and close my eyes but I will be laying here with my eyes closed until my alarm goes off if I try doing that.

One of Ry's mothers like 6 cats came up next to me, I'm allergic to cats. I wont die or anything put I'll get really itchy and my eyes will get dry and burn.

Try to feed me avocado and the whole dying thing might not be a joke.

I'm seriously very allergic to avocados.

I got up and went out side to clear my throat and try to get the cat off of me.

After a few minutes, and a few intense blinks and coughs, I went back inside.

☾-------☽

I woke up to my alarm and saw Ry was already awake on her phone.

"How long ago did you wake up?"

"Like 5 minutes."

"Who sets their alarms for 5:10?"

Why not 5:15?

"Me," she rolled her eyes. Not the eye rolling again. I can't escape it.

"Can I use your shower?"

"Go ahead."

She showered last night after her cheer practice. I told her I'd wait until morning.

☾---------☽

Finishing up in the bathroom, I put on my outfit I grabbed last night.

Looks good... enough. Anywayssss.

A white cropped tank top with a purple cropped sweater over it. My jeans had a little ribbon thing tied around through the belt loops and I wore my Air Forces.

20 minutes later we were both completely ready to go.

"Ready?"

"Yup," I said grabbing my backpack and stuff. We didn't have any homework to do because teachers usually don't give it out on the first day.

We started out to her car and got ready to leave for our second day in hell.

The second day of school.

☾—————☽

Word count: 2,061

WHATS WITH ME AND UNEVEN WORD COUNTS???

Oh no, is that something I have to do for the whole book now 😭😭 I think so 😭

I am literally going to scream. My phone like completely powered off during this and I had to rewrite the whole second half of the chapter because nothing updated.

I know this one was a lot a bit shorter than the last one but I despise when a chapter has like a lot of events in it or when a chapter is called something like: "Practice" for example and it's all about the second day of school.

Anywayssss I finished the second season of Never Have I Ever earlier today.

I am conflicted to whether I like team Ben or team Paxton more.

I honestly don't know. At first I was 100 percent team Ben, but now I'm questioning my answer.

ALSO, no hate to Stephanie Meyer, I absolutely love Twilight (the books and movies) so please don't come for me.

Let's see how many people don't like that I'm team Edward.

I'm looking at you my 4 reads.

The next chapter (or the one after that) I'm planning on being a little heavy. So there will be a TW warning for those. (I thought might as well get that shit out of the way sooner).

ALSO, I include the authors notes in the chapter word count... soooooo yeah. Don't ask me why. I think it's just because I like a higher word count 😏

ALSO, COACH B IS NOT LIKE WEIRD OR PERVY. Thought I had to put that out there.

Anywayssss, that's all I can think of right now.

<3 Author and shit

Toodeloo 🥺✌🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841 78 9
Alyssa is book smart and clueless when it comes to things in the outside world. All she cares about are her grades and why should she bother about an...
1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
84.5K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
39.1K 3.5K 53
A shy high school senior jock and a closed-off girl battling an immune disorder fake a relationship to win a social media contest. Being shy isn't ea...