Rogue Prince

By HopeCrazyReader17

To get away from her past, Caroline Quinn moves to this small town called Maple Town. What she doesn't know i... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1: Insomnia
Chapter 2: Fly Me To Maple Town
Chapter 3: I See Red
Chapter 4: Mate
Chapter 5: Dream A Little Dream Of A Wolf
Chapter 6: Hi, I'm Jaxon
Chapter 7: The Legend
Chapter 8: Wolf
Chapter 9: Tanner
Chapter 10: You & I
Chapter 11: Therapy
Chapter 12: Alpha Prince?
Chapter 13: The Moon Pack
Chapter 14: Luna Queen
Chapter 15: Rage & Ring
Chapter 16: Mating Season
Chapter 17: Familiar Wolf
Chapter 18: Fears & Tears
Chapter 20: Good Day
Chapter 21: What If?
Chapter 22: Mating Ceremony
Chapter 23: Desperation
Chapter 24: I Love You
Chapter 25: I Want A Name
Chapter 26: I Throw, You Catch
Chapter 27: Amara
Chapter 28: Heartbreak
Chapter 29: Funeral
Chapter 30: Caroline, I'm Burning
Chapter 31: You're Mine
Chapter 33: Dean Russo
Chapter 34: I Need To Cleanse My Soul
Chapter 35: My Pain
Chapter 36: Us
Chapter 37: Crossroads
Chapter 38: Rogue
Chapter 39: War
🐺EPILOGUE🐺

Chapter 19: Sorry

3K 185 8
By HopeCrazyReader17

CAROLINE POV

"Jaxon, wait!" I tried to stop him as he walked out the door. I knew I had hurt him but it wasn't easy to trust everything. Not even a month ago, I found out werewolves existed. Not even a month ago, I found out about soulmates. He wants me to trust him with my eyes closed but he wouldn't understand why I can't. All my life I've been taking cautionary steps and he just wants me to jump off the edge blindfolded.

Tanner looks at me one last time and he runs away from me.

I don't want him to get hurt because of me. As far I know Jaxon, I know he'd give up his life for his loved ones but I can't do that to him. I can't let him. I can't do that to the person who gives me so much love, appreciation, and respect.

I was about to walk back inside the cabin until I saw Will standing in the forest with his hands inside his jean pockets with a bruised lip and cheekbone. I asked, "What happened to you?" He just shrugged and replied"The attack last night. But don't worry, you should've seen the other guy." I smiled at him and he asked"Bad timing?" I shook my head and he asks again "You okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because I heard you guys fighting. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have..."

"It's okay."

Before my tear could fell, I quickly rubbed it off. He takes a deep breath and walks towards me and asks "How about I give you the tour I promised?" I smiled at him as he pushes out his arm for me to grab on it. I grabbed his arm and we started to walk at a slow pace.

"Jaxon has always been like this," he said. I asked, "Like what?" He smiled "Like he'd do anything to save anyone. Like he did for me." I looked at him as he looked at the fallen autumn leaves on the ground. The crunching sound is being made by our feet. He continued"I was one of the kids that Jaxon saved that day."

"You were one of them?"

"Yeah, and you will not even imagine the pain I felt when my savior left that day. My mother died in that war. While my father, Claude fought and didn't know where his child was."

I never knew that William was Beta's son. This same happy-bird-singing William had a tough past, was just hard to believe.

I said"I'm sorry. I didn't know that." He just shrugged it off and said"It's okay. I don't let that define me." He looked at me with a smile but I knew it wasn't real. He said"Jaxon loves you, Caroline. And because you're human, I know it will take you some time to trust him, to trust us even. But give it time. I know you feel like an outlaw but I'm sure you'll find your place soon. And I know you'd never want to leave at all."

Maybe he is right. If I'm open with Jaxon, maybe I'll understand this mate bond more. And maybe, I'll not hide anymore.

Before I could even say anything, he started sniffing the air. He asked, "Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?"

"That gorgeous smell."

He gulped like his mouth was watering. Then he started hyperventilating as his eyes glowed green and he kept sniffing. I asked, "What's wrong, Will?" He looked all around him. His canines extending, his voice getting heavy. But he just said one word"Mate!" There was this goofy smile on his cute face but at the same time, he looked like he was about to cry if he didn't find what he was looking for.
I asked"Mate?" He nodded eagerly "Mate!" He pushed his brown hair back but it was no use. His soft wavy hair came back to its place, a couple of wavy strands falling on his thin brows. I could hear his wolf whimper out loud in his chest.

I looked to my left and I saw Patty running to us. Her eyes glowed gold. They both looked at each other and William ran to her and kept saying"Mate! Mate! Mate!" Patty had a big smile on her face too as tears ran down her cheeks. He pulled her into a hug, smelling her neck and she sniffed his hair. I had my brows raised at their intimate sight. I cleared my throat and they both looked at me embarrassed. Their cheeks were red. Patty smiled and said, "I found my mate."

They looked at each other again and I couldn't help but awe at the sight of them. They just met and yet, they looked in each other's eyes with nothing but love. Extraordinary love.

I knew I should give them some privacy. So I said, "I'm gonna go back to the cabin, okay?" They just ignored me.

I smiled as I made my way back to the cabin.

The night was falling and the only thing I liked the most was how clear the night was. The starry night gave me a sense of calm and peace considering the day I just had. Will and Patty had taken over my thoughts. The way they held each other, the passion for each other when they found out they were soulmates, it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

My smile disappeared and I wondered if Jaxon was like this too. But when we met, he was calm and collected outside my hotel door but then again, he did tell me that he was trying to stay on the low because he didn't want me to freak out. I wondered if Jaxon had gone crazy just like will when he knew at the arena. All happy and jumpy, Tanner howling in his head.

I stopped in my track because I missed him, badly. A tear fell on my cheek as I realized that today we had our first ever fight.

I run to the cabin and walked inside, thinking that he might be back but the cabin was empty. His phone was on the coffee table. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I thought about him. His eyes glowed red, his smile that I catch every time he looks at me. I spoke"Jaxon?" Hoping to his moon goddess that this works. I again spoke"Jaxon?" But no answer. Like he had blocked me completely.

He hates me right now, doesn't he?

I sighed and walked out, sitting on the steps waiting for him to come home to me.

X

I've been sitting on these steps for two hours in this piercing cold and no sign of him. I wrapped my thin shawl around me trying to find some warmth because I was too damn determined to stay out here until he comes back home.

I started shivering as I looked at my watch. 11 PM.

I heard the crunching of the leaves and I had a feeling that he was near. I ran down the stairs and to the back of the cabin and saw him walking. Not noticing that I was standing a little far away from him, holding myself in this cold. He was deep in his thoughts to even hear me stand in front of him.

I called out his name shivering "J-Jaxon?" He stopped in his track and looked up. He stood there wearing nothing but a pair of black jeans. His chest, face, and hands were all black from the dirt. I knew he was running in his wolf form for too long. I wrapped my arms around myself tighter and he was near me in a blink of an eye. He pulled me into his chest and I wrapped my arms around his waist, trying to get myself warm. The pros of having a werewolf mate are that they are super warm all the time. Cozy warm.

He rubs my back trying to warm me up and scolds me "Are you crazy? Why are you out in this cold, Care? You wanna catch a fever? Let's go in." He tried to pull me towards the cabin but I stopped him. I said, "Wait, let me just say something." He reasoned "You can say whatever you want inside the cabin, near the heater." But I stopped him "No, now. Right now."

"What is it?"

"First, hold me tighter please."

His arms tighten around me and I chuckle looking up at him, shivering "H-hi." He smiled down warmly at me. He smiles at me as nothing happened between us. Like he didn't hate me. My voice cracks as I whispered, "I'm sorry, Jax." I knew he could feel my guilt because the next he does is pull me into a warm kiss. Holding me as he kisses me.

He pulls away and I say again "Are you still mad at me?" He smiles "I could never be mad at you, Caroline. Woman, you are my goddess-given solace." He pushes a strand behind my ear "I know I'm not a god or a goddess, but you need to know that even this simple wolf will do anything to make you happy and protect you no matter what." He holds my face between his hands, and I lean into his touch- his warmth against my cold cheeks as he speaks softly "I love you so much that sometimes I think it's impossible to love someone this much."

He kissed my forehead and asks"How about we get out these woods and go have dinner outside? Would you like that?" I nodded my head and said, "I'd love that." He pecks my lips "Great." Holding my hand, he pulls me inside the cabin.

Once we reached inside, he said walking"Let me just take a quick shower, and then we'll go, okay?"

I didn't respond because I kept looking at his back muscles. I just wanted to touch them so badly. The urge of touching them made me bite my bottom lip between my teeth.

Is it normal to be this hormonal?

He made his way to the bathroom but he stops and I watch as his muscles tense. He looked to his side and inhaled the air. I gulp as he slowly turns around and I inhaled at his eyes were red. My gaze flicks down as I watch him lick his bottom lip and push his tan fingers through his dark locks in frustration. He smiled nervously, making me want to badly kiss that smile. He said"Caroline..." My throat was really dry that I said with a hoarse voice"Yeah." I cleared my throat and said, "Yes, Jax?"

He was hyperventilating. His eyes flickering between brown and red like he was trying to control himself as he just stood there, fighting with himself.
He took a long strode towards me but stopped midway. He said almost embarrassed" I can smell you." I furrowed my brows because I didn't know what he was talking about. And slowly, the realization dawned on me. I was getting aroused by him.

What are you doing to me, Jax?

Now, we were in this awkward position that my heart started beating so damn fast and the only stupid question I kept asking myself was What if my heart came out? Will I be able to put it back in?'

My train of thought was over when I saw a sweaty chest in front of me. I looked up at this tall man as he looked down at me with his red eyes.
I blushed and kept my gaze at his chest because I couldn't keep up the eye contact. He trapped my chin between his thumb and index finger, pulling my face up. I looked into his eyes again and he slowly leans down. His minty breath against my lips as he leaned closer and closer. His upper lip lightly touched my bottom lip and I let out a sigh. My toes curling in my shoes. His closeness making me dizzy.

He puts his lips on mine and lightly kisses me. It felt like thousands of rockets and fireworks exploded in the sky. I've kissed him before many times but this- this played with my self-control.

My arms automatically wrapped around his waist and I pulled him closer to my body. I crooked my fingers into his belt loops, keeping him near me, near my body. Our kiss turned into something so passionate that he pulls apart the first three-snap button of my peach Henley shirt and pull down my left sleeve followed by my bra strap. He pulled me closer to his chest as his hands went from my waist to my shoulder blades. My fingers are still in his belt loops.
He slowly puts his lips on my shoulder and leaves slow trails of wet kisses to my neck. Holding my head in place, he kisses behind my ear, right on my sweet spot. He kept kissing there.

Suddenly, I'm being pushed against the wall harshly but no to hurt me. I wrap my hands around his neck as he tries to pull my shirt down more, almost tearing it. I let out a moan and he lets out a shiver through his lips. He kisses me again and whispers into that kiss"Baby, stop me now before I don't." That sentence popped my eyes open and I push him away from me, breathing heavily.

He looked into my eyes and he knew that I didn't want to go beyond this.

He walked back towards me and rested his forehead against mine, pecking the corner of my lips and says with a smile "I'm gonna have to take a really... really cold shower." Making me smile "I'll be back in 10." I just nodded and he walks away, right into the bathroom without looking back.

I quickly walked to my room and looked at myself in the mirror.

I was a mess!

My breathing was uneven. My lips were red and a little swollen, my dirty blonde hair was a mess, and my left sleeve was pulled down and he almost tore the shirt apart from the neck. I looked closely at my shoulder and saw a faint purple hickey.

What would've happened if he hadn't asked to stop?

I shook my head like I was shaking my thoughts and ran a soft brush through my hair. I covered that hickey with a little bit of foundation powder.
I changed my shirt and took off my jeans and my undies because it was soaked and changed into a fresh pair.

I sit on the edge of the bed to calm myself down.

X

I got out of the room and saw him waiting outside for me. He wore a grey v neck shirt and black fitted jeans as he looked up from his phone and smiled at me.

He walked towards me and I noticed his hair was still wet from his shower but they still looked perfect. He pecked my cheek and held my hand, walking me out the cabin and to his car after a 10 min walk of comfortable silence.

X

We reach this diner right outside of the pack territory. I knew this diner too well.

I say as he parks "I've been here. Patty bought me here before." He nods his head with a smile "I remember your scent that day. I didn't know if you were my mate or not, but your scent was... it was just very warm." I smile as I get out of the car. He holds my hand and we walk inside.

This same waitress in yellow dress approaches us with a smile. She smiles at us and goes to hug Jaxon with a squeal "I'm so glad you showed up today, cupcakes, or I would've put out a missing poster of you all over this damn town. You got me all worried." He chuckles "I'm sorry, honey, but I got busy." She pulls back and looks at me "Oh, I remember you, baby. You were here with Patty that night." Then she looks between us and raises her hands to her mouth "No you didn't! Is it true? The legend?" I looked at Jaxon as he explains "Clara is a witch." My eyes widen. A witch? Seriously? She nods her head "Yes, seriously." I panicked "I didn't say anything, I swear!" Jaxon chuckles "No, but she knows. Her specialty is that she can read minds which is annoying most of the time." She snickers "Says the boy who used to beg me to read the mind of girls in high school so he'll know if he has a chance or not."

I smiled purely as Jaxon pursed his lips, trying so hard not to smile which I find adorable. He says "You can't say that to my mate, Clara!" She says to me with a playful smile "Doll, whenever you need dirt on him or wants to know what he's thinking, you can call me right away because this boy sometimes does get on my nerves." I nod playfully as I look up at him "Oh, you better watch out, Jaxon Moon." He puts his hands up in surrender "Can't win with powerful women, can ya?" She shakes her head "Never. Now, come on, I know y'all starving."

She pushes us in and leads us to a red booth right in the corner. We sit down and she takes her notepad and says "Let me see. Two brisket burgers with extra cheddar, two large strawberry milkshake, and one large jumbo fries. Am I right?" She smiles as she stops writing and looks at him. He smiles big at her and she shuffles his hair a little "My hungry boy. Be right with you in a jiffy, beauties."

She walks away and I turn my attention to Jaxon as he stretches his arms over the table like a cat, groaning in relief as his bones crack with satisfaction. I ask with a smile "Tired?" He rubs his eye and replies huskily "A little" before wrapping his arms on the table and resting his chin in it, looking at me with a smile. I looked around the diner to ignore the gaze that always makes me smile only to be looking at him again with the same smile stamped on his pretty face. My brow furrowed "What?" He sighs in contentment "Nothing." I raise my brow at him but his smile just grew wider. He sits up straight only to be resting against the booth and still gazing at me. I say annoyed "You need to stop that." He shakes his head "I can't. I want to remember every detail." He stretches his body over the table, kisses my cheek, and sits back down with my hand in his large tan ones.

Finally, Clara comes back with a red tray that had our order in it. She put our order plate by plate with a smile on her face as I smile at Jaxon. She says "Don't worry, sweetie. None of these will go to waste. Your werewolf won't leave anything." I chuckle at her and out of the blue, she holds a strand of my hair between her fingers and says softly "You got too much on your mind, hon. It's okay to trust." And then she goes away. I was shocked because I was thinking about Jaxon and me. And what happened earlier, our first fight. "Don't worry. She does that." He breaks me out of my thoughts as he digs into his burger. I clear my throat and grab a hot cheese fry, eating it "So how do you know Clara?"

"Since I was in high school. Landed my first job in this diner to save money for a motorcycle. I went for the interview but she hired me in the spot because she found it adorable how crazy I was about it."

I half-smile "She's nice."

"Yeah, she is. For a witch."

My brows furrow "Meaning?" He takes a sip of his milkshake and explains "Werewolves and witches don't get along well. But Clara is different. Witches also travel in packs like us wolves but she left in the 70s when she was sixteen, tired of it all, and decided to live a simple normal life." I nod "Must be hard on her."

"No, she always said that it was the best decision of her life."

•••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 6 48
Claire always dreamt on having a normal life but never had one. She grew up in a small town but moved to a city when she was ten with her stepmom and...
7.3M 219K 54
As a weak and powerless human, Eve was never meant to survive. Through a series of miracles, she finds herself taken in by werewolves. But she doesn'...
1.5K 70 36
"Mate." I whispered softly. She stared at me with terrified and angry eyes. "My mate and no one else's. I promise this time." "Kai..." Mark. Mate. M...
37.9K 949 27
"What do you mean we are mates!" As I look into his bright grey eyes they are holding an emotion I have not seen before. Amara has had a toug...