Rogue Prince

By HopeCrazyReader17

To get away from her past, Caroline Quinn moves to this small town called Maple Town. What she doesn't know i... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1: Insomnia
Chapter 2: Fly Me To Maple Town
Chapter 3: I See Red
Chapter 4: Mate
Chapter 5: Dream A Little Dream Of A Wolf
Chapter 6: Hi, I'm Jaxon
Chapter 7: The Legend
Chapter 8: Wolf
Chapter 9: Tanner
Chapter 10: You & I
Chapter 12: Alpha Prince?
Chapter 13: The Moon Pack
Chapter 14: Luna Queen
Chapter 15: Rage & Ring
Chapter 16: Mating Season
Chapter 17: Familiar Wolf
Chapter 18: Fears & Tears
Chapter 19: Sorry
Chapter 20: Good Day
Chapter 21: What If?
Chapter 22: Mating Ceremony
Chapter 23: Desperation
Chapter 24: I Love You
Chapter 25: I Want A Name
Chapter 26: I Throw, You Catch
Chapter 27: Amara
Chapter 28: Heartbreak
Chapter 29: Funeral
Chapter 30: Caroline, I'm Burning
Chapter 31: You're Mine
Chapter 33: Dean Russo
Chapter 34: I Need To Cleanse My Soul
Chapter 35: My Pain
Chapter 36: Us
Chapter 37: Crossroads
Chapter 38: Rogue
Chapter 39: War
🐺EPILOGUE🐺

Chapter 11: Therapy

3.4K 240 5
By HopeCrazyReader17

CAROLINE POV

The next day, I went to work.

I was finished with my first patient of the day, when my assistant knocked on my door and said"Your 2:00 is here. And he's a babe!" I smiled as I shook my head at her. She thought every guy in his 40s was a babe.

I said"Thanks, Sally. Send him in." She nodded "By the way, he seems new. Not anyone I've seen before." I nodded again and I could hear assistant say"Dr. Quinn will see you now."
I was busy in arranging my notes that I didn't notice the patient standing against the closed door.
He cleared his throat and I said"Hi, I'm Dr. Quinn. I see you're new to my therap..." when I finally looked up, I saw Jaxon smiling as he stood against the door with his back rested against it. Looking at me with those soft brown eyes.
I smiled back"Jaxon, what are you doing here?" He replied"It's funny that you're my mate but I still have to get an appointment to talk to you. Not fair, is it?"

"Jaxon, we can talk at home when I get off from work. Would you let me call in my next patient?"

I was about to pick up my office phone to tell Sally to bring in the next patient, but he instantly said "I am a patient."
I sighed and decided to play along as I kept the phone back and raised my brow.
He sat on the couch in front of me and asked"So how does this work?" He lied on the couch, flat and asked"Do I lie down and tell you? Or you will ask me questions?"
I looked at him in disbelieve with a smile creeping on my lips. He was taller then the couch that his feet were hanging out. He hugged the pillow against his chest and crossed his long leg over the other on the arm rest.
He gave me a mischievous smile that gave him the cutest boyish look that I grown to adore.
I nodded and wore back my glasses "So, Mr. Moon," I said looking at him and his smile grew wider "why are you here today? In my therapy?" He let out a sigh and replied"You're my therapist and I know whatever I say will never leave this room."
He looked at me with playful sad eyes and pursed lips "My mate is the problem." My jaw dropped but I recovered it with a forceful smile "Why is your mate the problem, Mr. Moon?"

"You see, my mate- her name is Caroline by the way-She never understands me."

"What doesn't she understand?"

"My needs to see her every hour. My needs to listen to her voice every minute."

"Well, maybe she's new to this werewolf mate thing and she's just taking time to set."

"No, I don't think so. I texted her if she wanted lunch about two hours ago. And still she hasn't replied."

I looked at my phone beside me on the table and there was a text from Jaxon about if I wanted lunch with him.
I said"Well, maybe your mate didn't have a lunch break at all today." He shook his head "Well, how could I know when she never replied?"
I removed my glasses because I could not play along anymore"What are you really doing here, Jaxon?" He smiled because he knew I caught him"I just really wanted to see you." I got up and tried to make him understand "You know you can't do this, Jaxon. Otherwise, if someone finds out that you visit me, I could get fired." He said"I'm sorry. I just really wanted to see you." I looked down at him as I shook my head. But instead of feeling bad, he grabs me by my waist and pulls me down on him. Wrapping his arms around my waist, I said trying to get out of his strong hold "Jaxon, anyone can come in this room any minute. What if someone sees us?!" He chuckled "This is fun. It's like we're in high school." He made me giggled and lightly kissed my nose and asked"So, how about that lunch?" I looked at the watch behind him and replied"I'll be getting off from work in 10 minutes. How about I'll meet you outside?" He pecked the corner of my lip and said"Deal!"

I finally got off of him and he got up too. He led out his hand and said"It was really a pleasure talking to you, Dr. Quinn." I shook his hand and said"Me too. Hope this will be all for today."
He smiled and pulled me again by wrapping his arm around my waist, kissing my temple and went out the room.

Crazy wolf.

X

When I was finally done for the day, I grabbed my bag and walked out my office, walking straight to the hospital exits, where I knew Jaxon would be waiting for me. As soon as I got out the gates, I heard Greg running to catch up to me. I stopped for him as he stood there and asked with a smile "I was wondering if you like to go out with me right now? We cancelled last time."

Before I could even answer, I felt arms snaking around my stomach and being pulled to him which felt like electricity going up and down my skin, giving me goosebumps. I smiled because I knew how that was and said"I'm sorry, Greg. That's a nice offer but I can't. I'm seeing someone."
He pursed his lips in, nodding and then looked back at Jaxon, eyeing him up and down and then walking back inside.

I turned around to look at Jaxon and his eyes were red. His canines were slowly growing. Like his wolf was on edge.
He looked down at me as he breathed harshly through his nose. His chest rising up and down on a fast pace. He growled in anger and held me closer. Burying his face in my neck and growled again with a husky tone "My human."
I rubbed his back up and down to somehow calm him. And it did. It came to me like an instinct. He looked back at me as I asked"Are you okay?" He nodded "I'm sorry. It's just I could smell his scent and yours together too strongly and I couldn't help but get here as soon as possible."

I nodded and smiled to lighten up the mood "As much I love eight packs, I love eight slices of pizza too." He smiled and held my hand as we walked to his car.

X

We reached the building and I grabbed my purse to get out. He stopped me "Aren't you forgetting something?" I shook my head "I got my phone in my purse. Why?" He looked at me because I didn't got his hint right away. I smiled "How about you bring that pizza and we'll see about a kiss." He raised his brow with a smile and I tried to get out of the car. As I stood up, I saw him appear in front of me. Looking back inside the car, before I could speak, he grabbed my face and lightly kissed me. I was still shocked at how he got there fast as he said looking down at me "Werewolf speed. Comes in handy in situations like this." I said looking up at him "That was cheating." He clapped back "Everything is fair in love and war. And you tried to start the war 10 seconds ago." I looked in his eyes with a blank face and he said "I'll get that pizza now." He pecked on my cheek one last time and he walked back to the driver seat. I closed the door and went inside the building with a smile on my face.

X

I threw my pizza crust on the cardboard box and took another slice.

We were in the living room, on the couch.

He was in his black sweatpants with a green olive V neck that hugged him perfectly. His hair was wet because he just took a shower. While I sat in a oversized black shirt and blue shorts. My hair up in a bun and my legs across his lap.

As he noticed that I had a new slice in my hand, he grabbed my leftover crust from the box and ate it.
I've been noticing that for the last three slices and asked"That's the third crust of mine that you're eating." He shrugged asking"So?"

"So? Get a slice."

"No, you're leaving out the best part."

He kissed my cheek and whispered"I'll always love eating your crusts." Making me smile and shaking my head at him.
He pecked my cheek again and took the crust from my hand.

He asked with his mouth full"So, I've been thinking. I told you everything about me. And yet, you haven't told me anything." I stopped eating and looked at him.

I wasn't gonna tell the whole truth. That was final. I wasn't going to tell about him. Not now and maybe not ever.

I asked"Like what?" He suggested"Like your past. Your childhood. Your family." I cleared my throat and replied"Well, I had no family. I don't know who my parents are.... or were. I don't know what happened. But an old women took me in. Her name was Rose."

"Was?"

"She died when I was 16. Mugged and killed by some drunk. After her death, her apartment was taken. Her belongings and I were kicked out by her siblings. Until, I decided that I'm my own family and I can only support myself."

He just looked with sympathy in his eyes. I could hear his wolf whimpering aloud. I wasn't broken to be honest. I'm happy where I am. And happy with what I am. And who I'm away from.
He stroked my left cheek with the back of his fingers and and lifted my chin "Wolf or no wolf, you're one strong human." He smiled at me and I wished that was half true.
I knew there was something else he was eager to ask. And he did"How did you got the cigarette marks?" I looked at him and I knew that if I tell him the truth, his wolf would be on edge. And I didn't want that nor I was ready to fully trust him with my past. Not yet. Not now.

I replied with honesty"It was long ago. Let's not talk about it, okay?" He just nodded and I kissed right on the corner of his lips in appreciation, wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my face on his chest. He pulled me down with him on the couch. Holding me. His body provided me comfort and warmth that I grew to love so much.

I yawned because of the comfort and first day of work did take a toll on me. I felt him kiss on my forehead as peaceful sleep took me out.

•••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 33.2K 54
Deidre -Dee- Johson has had a rough life. A mother who is a drunk, a father who ditched out on her and her brother and sister, and a boyfriend who su...
1.5K 70 36
"Mate." I whispered softly. She stared at me with terrified and angry eyes. "My mate and no one else's. I promise this time." "Kai..." Mark. Mate. M...
277K 9.2K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
251K 8.5K 33
[Previously titled The One They Call Runt] [This book is currently going through some major edits] Nina is no stranger to the horror stories that cir...