Revenge Run | ✓

By MoonKnightess

Revenge is all both are set out for! Hate is all that drives them! Scarlett Walter isn't a regular corporate... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
1. Startling Start
2. Start of Revenge
3. A Friend and a Lunch
4. Fun but no Fun
5. Combat
6. Home or no Home
7. Tables Turned
8. Dinner
9. Blackmail
10. Fazed
11. Fated vicinity
12. A Plea
13. An Accusation
14. The Past
15. The Investigation
17. Birthday?
18. Cold Rage
19. Planning Next Move
20. Murderous
21. Unwell
22. Execution
23. Live Action Drama
24. Answers and Answers
25. Mixed Reality
26. Media
27. Rise of Power
28. Past Unravelled
29. Propose
30. Old Friends
31. Shattered
32. Planning
33. Second Chance
34. Liars all around
35. Saviour
36. For Exercise!
37. Symphony
38. Happiness
39. I Can't help
40. Word Play
41. Trust Me
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Epilogue

16. Bitter Memories

2.4K 163 50
By MoonKnightess

AARON

The presence of this Smith is annoying as hell. Why can't he just call Scarlett, Ms. Walter? He's acting as if she is his girlfriend.

Why doesn't he walk off to some volcano and jump into the molten lava?

Another irksome character in the room is Dylan. I swear, if he dared to say jellyfish again, I'll carve him out into a real jellyfish.

Only my Lett is the smart one in the midst of these fools.

My Lett? What the hell is wrong with my mind? Why am I being possessive? Ugh... I'm cringing at my thoughts!

She isn't mine. Neither would I ever want to make her mine. She is just a random cunning woman whose apartment I snatched in a snap. From whom I seek revenge.

But she is too kind... she took care of me when my ankle sprained, right? It is me who's evil.

NO! She is sly like a fox. I am right. I have always been.

She cheated on me!

My hand automatically slammed so hard on the table, that the bang dragged all eyes in the room on me.

"You okay dude? Or should I lower the temperature of AC?", Dylan asked.

I looked away, and all the eyes reverted back to their jobs.

"But Lett, we need a professional hacker for it. You happen to know any?", Smith asked.

"Of Course I do.", Scarlett beamed with confidence, "I have a friend in Florida. Samantha Reed, CEO of..."

"X-ORB Gamings.", I completed her sentence, "But how can she help us in this hacking thing?"

"You know her? Ex-girlfriend or something?", Dylan eyed me with narrow eyes.

"Shut up for heaven's sake Dylan. We just met once in a business event last year.", I said.

I've also heard of the girl from many of my business acquaintances. She's a self-made entrepreneur who established a large empire within four years.

"She is a close friend of mine.", Scarlett began, "Hers is not just an ordinary game developing company. X-ORB also helps companies by providing security solutions and Samantha is the best hacker I've ever known. She would definitely help us."

"Then what are you waiting for? Call her.", Smith said.

"Keep it on speaker please.", Dylan said pissing Scarlett, who did as he demanded.

"Hello Sam, what's up?", Scarlett said.

"Hey Lett! I'm doing well. When are you planning on visiting this side of the country?", said a cool voice from the other side.

"Very soon, now that I'm back to my business again."

"There, you made it. Congrats girl! Happy to learn you're returning back. So, what's the trouble that made you remember me?"

"Too straightforward.", Scarlett said with a smirk.

"I've always been. Let's talk work now."

"Can you track a device?"

"You know I'll do it as long as..."

"...it is ethical. I know. The device is stolen and I want the thief in any way possible. Moreover, it's a private issue."

"Well now, that makes it more than ethical. Anything for you. Please elaborate."

"There are these devices, the MR Glasses of FuTech."

"Ya I've heard stuffs about them. Eagerly waiting for its launch."

"Actually, last Sunday someone ran off with the prototypes. The CCTV is fiddled and we want to get their last location."

"No problem Lett. Just provide me access to the company's Wifi and get me connected with a learned security person there. Your job would be done by tomorrow morning.", Samantha assured.

"Hackers in movies do those stuffs faster than that.", Dylan shrugged.

"Lett, who the hell said those words?", Samantha asked in a pissed voice.

"A numbskull friend. Sorry Sam.", Scarlett said.

"Could you just punch that imbecile dude on my behalf? Ain't no jokes going on here.", Samantha requested.

"Of course, I will Sam. He needs it.", she said glaring Dylan with narrowed eyes.

"Badly! Stay away from dumb asses Lett. Bye, talk to you tomorrow.", Samantha hung up.

Lett stared at Dylan with a pissed glance, after which I broke the silence.

"Ms. Walter this is the security head Jayce.", I then turned to him and said, "So Jayce and Elliot, you both would do the needy. Get in touch with Ms. Reed. Ms. Walter will assist you guys in that.", I ordered my men, to which only Jayce nodded.

"Sorry Sir, but actually I needed a half day today, to take my wife for the ultrasound. It's her last month.", Elliot interjected.

"Oh, no problem. You just tell me all the technical details of the product and then you are free to leave. It won't take much time.", Scarlett said with a smile.

"Thankyou Ma'am. I'll just bring the files of the prototype.", Elliot said and went out of the room.

"Lett, why are all your friends so violent? Samantha, Amy, all belong to a similar category." Dylan beefed about, like a child.

"May I first ask, why you pull out acts to earn my friends' curses.", She deadpanned looking at Dylan, who shamelessly smiled.

"Okay, Lett. Tell me once you get the location. I should leave now.", Smith said. Finally, this man is leaving.

"Me too. I've got work.", Dylan said. Look who's saying.

"As if we pleaded you to stay.", I said.

"Nice way of thanking, I see. You're welcome Aaron." Dylan left with Smith.

Looking at Scarlett, I said coldly, "Pray that your hacker friend gets us to the thief, that is in case if it exists."

"She definitely will.", she challenged.

Our gaze locked for a minute. The traces of that day's ire still persist, sparkling in her grey eyes. I tried to find my lost brave but innocent Lett deep in them, but it never seemed to resurface. The truth is that I lost her forever.

I broke our eye contact, returned to my cabin and sat on my big black seat in the dark surrounding of my room.

I opened a report file from the production unit and tried to read it but those grey eyes didn't let me concentrate. They kept popping in front of me frequently.

Why did she do it to me? I loved her with all my heart. Yet, she left me for the worst. I remember how she left me for Jacob.

Flashback

Today I'm so excited, it's a special day for me. I'm waiting for my gift and like every year Lett would surely surprise me, this time too.

It's been four years since I first met her. Every moment spent with her was special. I'm a little sad because we finally graduated today.

However, I'll never let her go away. I want few years more to settle, but I know she won't deny as she too is more inclined to her career, just like me. I feel so lucky to have found her.

After the convocation, while roaming around the campus in black, for the last time, I saw a rose in the garden and thought to pluck it for her. It's so similar to my Lett. Pretty with petals and dangerous with thorns, both at the same time.

"I hope you're fine.", a voice said from behind me.

"Hey Riley. Yes, I am. You look low-spirited?", I asked the sullen looking girl. I like her, just next to Scarlett.

She is a great friend and my best friend's girlfriend. She always helped me in assignments and I treat her like my sister.

"Jacob betrayed me.", she replied without hesitating.

Jacob left her?

"That dipshit! How could he? I'm sorry Riley, I'll talk to him...", I said but she cut in.

"I'm sorry for you too Aaron.", she said through tears.

"What do you mean Riley?" I'm so addled.

"He cheated on me with Scarlett." She said and the rose in my hand dropped.

What did she say? My Lett... No, it's impossible. Lett could never do that to me.

"W...What are you saying? That's not... You are possibly mistaken."

"Okay then, come with me. Jacob called me to bid farewell. Join me to see the truth for yourself."

I could just nod. No words could explain the pain I'm feeling now.

I followed Riley to the poolside where we found Scarlett and Jacob standing hand in hand. I was shocked, hurt and shattered.

"Aaron you?", Scarlett was startled to see me, her eyes wide in shock.

"Aaron we...", Jacob tried to say something probably in their defense but stopped as Scarlett pulled his hand.

"Aaron, we love each. We are dating since last two months. I'm sorry you got to know it like this. And Riley, I'm sorry for you too. I don't deserve your forgiveness but could only beg for it."

Her words were more venomous than venom itself. She played with my feelings all this while?

"Jacob, won't you say something?", Riley asked him, her voice cracking in between.

"I'm sorry Riley. We were not made for each other maybe. All the time we spent with each other was a beautiful part of my life. But now I just couldn't. I... I'm sorry. Goodbye.", Jacob said with no tears.

I considered him my best friend. Now I can understand how Caesar might've felt, as I too befriended a Brutus.

"Goodbye Jacob.", Riley said and walked away with her face flooding with tears, till she was no more visible. The tearless faces of two figures in front of me just added to the fury in my heart.

"Jacob. I never thought my best friend could be a backstabber... And Scarlett,... you are even worst.", I yelled with tears welling my eyes. My rage seemed to have no limits.

"Aaron, just listen to me, it's...", Jacob tried to say but Scarlett interrupted.

"Jacob, please leave us alone. I want to talk to him.", she ordered. He raised his eyebrows in a question which she responded by nodding. After thinking a bit, he left.

"Aaron, there are so many people here, let's talk somewhere else.", she asked.

"No Scarlett, not at all. I don't want to listen anything. I've never seen more selfish woman than you."

"Aaron, please. Just for once, listen to me first.", she pleaded.

"I don't want any more of your lies. You are nothing more than a spoiled rich heir who's getting to enjoy her inherited life. You play with whatever you get your hands on. Trusting a betrayer like you was the biggest mistake of my life and I will never repeat it again." I spoke my heart out.

"Aaron, is this what you truly think of me? Even after spending four years together, you think this low of me? Just hear me for once.", she had the expression similar to mine, pure agony and rage. I saw a tear escaping her eye.

"Stop acting innocent Scarlett Walter. I wonder how long would Jacob take to see the selfish woman in you. What would you earn in life with such a character? You were just lucky to be enrolled in this university, in Stanford. Or wait, maybe you made it here through you father's influence.", I said whatever crossed my mind at the moment.

"I am here because of my efforts.", she stated coldly, blazing with a fire in her eyes.

"Is using family's money and power considered an effort these days?", I hissed.

"Enough Aaron Anderson. I wish I had never met you in my life."

"I too feel the same. I never want to see you, ever again in my life. It's over now."

"Yes...", she glared me, "It's over for always. Thankyou, for showing your true face."

"Thank you too for your deception.", I snapped back.

"Hope to never see you again.", she said and walked away on her way and I on mine, opposite to her.

That was the last time I saw that angelic face, soiled with deception and trickery.

After that evening, the grief never vanished.

My heart never stopped burning!

Hey Guys!

If you liked Samantha, then let me tell you she is a character from my other story.

To read Samantha's story check out my other book Clash of Prides.

Do tell me if you liked this chapter and don't forget to vote :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.6K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...
678 21 17
"I'm better than you even when I'm drunk." He drunkenly walked over to me and between my legs, so close that our noses almost touched, "No you cheat...
21.7K 749 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...
544K 27.3K 61
#80 in HATRED This is the Sequel to The Heart of Mr.Billionaire... If you haven't read the first story, then this will be confusing a bit. So, plea...