The Pack

By uptowniall

(heterosexual/werewolf/one direction) fanfic between a boy named Zayn Malik, His pack, and an average girl na... More

The Pack
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
is seriously honestly so sorry
Chapter 20 (The End)

Chapter 3

4.1K 113 3
By uptowniall

My eyes fluttered open, I smiled gripping the sheet over me. I felt so awake and refreshed, until I remembered where I was and the situation I was in.

My nose picked up a terrible scent, I cringed, and then I realized that smell was me. I gagged. I almost didn’t want to go downstairs smelling like this.

My stomach got the better of me and I climbed out of bed and made my way down the stairs. I could hear clanking of dishes in the sink as a silently padded my way into the kitchen. I saw Zayn standing over the stove, and Liam over the sink. They were the only two awake.

“What time is it?” I asked silently, still standing in the doorway,

Both of the boys heads flipped to me, “Oh India you’re awake!” Zayn smiled,

“It’s about nine,” Liam replied, giving a little smile and looking back towards the sink,

“Want pancakes?” Zayn asked, lifting his spatula,

“Sure,” I smiled, “Can I call the police station I want to know if they’ve heard from my dad?”

“Of course,” Zayn said seriously, putting down his spatula and walking towards me, “I’ll show you to the phone,”

I was surprised when he grabbed my hand, guiding me out of the kitchen. He let go too soon when we were halfway across the living room, “It’s in the office, through that door and on the desk… oh you’ll see it, good luck,” He smiled before making his way back towards the kitchen.

Zayn was a weird person, when I first met him I remembered how serious and unkind he looked; now he was all smiles. Strange to think how that was just a day ago.

I made my way to the desk, sitting at an old swivel chair. I picked up the phone, catching a breath before I dialed.

Moments later the police station picked up, “Hello police department how may I help you,” a woman answered. I was smart enough to call the actual station, instead of 911, I didn’t want them panicking.

“I’m India Roberts, My dad and I were out taking photographs before we got separated and… I-” I paused, not really sure how to even explain, “I don’t know where he is or if… if he’s still out there,”

I swallowed, trying to fight back the tears. I missed my dad; I just wanted him to be okay. Somewhere in the pit of my stomach I felt like he would be… but there was still that thought.

“Yes hello India where are you now,” The woman said,

“Oh I’m fine, a guy found me… took me in just… please help me,” I replied

“Yes of course, please explain your father, name, appearance, what he was wearing, everything,” The woman replied,

I tried to recall the night that felt like so long ago, I shot back all the information I remembered, starting with basics.

“Well his name is Chris Edward Roberts and he’s 46, short brown buzz cut but he was wearing a navy blue ski cap and a red and black flannel jacket, with a grey sweater under. Boots and everything, We’re from Colorado but we’re here taking pictures for a magazine,” I rambled on,

I was going to continue before the nameless operator behind the phone replied, “India, I’m pretty sure we found your father,”

I smiled widely, my heart started beating fast, I replied quickly and excitedly, “Great when do I get to see him where is he, is he there can I talk to him?” I shot off every question I could think of,

“No, India, I don’t think you understand. Are you sitting?” She replied,

Suddenly everything hit me like a freight train that was on fire, going twice its speed. I was in shock; I stared blankly at the plain wood wall in front of me.

I could hear the woman still speaking through the phone, “India, are you there?”

Her voice sounded so distant, it was then I realized I had dropped the phone. Silent tears streamed down my face as I leaned down and picked it up.

“So,” I replied into the phone, still not understanding completely.

“Would you like to come down to the morgue and see him, one last time,” The woman said sadly,

I nodded until I realized I was speaking through the phone, and she couldn’t hear me. “Yes” I choked out, “I’ll probably be over sometime today,” I said barely above a murmur,

“Anytime, I’ll be seeing you,” she said, also quietly, as she hung up the phone.

I sighed, I sat in the chair for a moment before dialing my home.

It only rang three times before I heard my mother on the other end answer,

“Hello?” she asked curiously, obviously not knowing the caller ID

“Mommy,” I said quietly, almost childlike.

I could hear her choke, in seconds she was sobbing,

“Baby you’re okay, where are you?” She asked through tears,

“A guy, and his friends they found me… they, helped me,” I said, I was sobbing now too. It was so great to hear her voice,

“I want you to come home,” she said seriously,

“I want to come home too mom,”

She quickly switched subjects, it was obvious I was coming home, “So, your dad,” she said silently,

All I could reply was a “Uh huh”

We talked for a little while longer before we said our good-byes and ‘I love yous’

I exited the room and made my way to the kitchen, a plate of pancakes was sitting on the table. Both Liam and Zayn were sitting. When Zayn saw me he quickly stood up, walking towards me,

“India?” He asked inquisitively,

“I’m not hungry anymore,” I said, wiping half dry tears off my face. I didn’t even care about what I looked like around these semi-strangers.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into a tight hug. The action felt strange, but I didn’t even care, I needed the comfort. I wrapped my hands around him as I nuzzled my face into his shoulder. It was kind of weird how close we were, standing in the middle of the kitchen. I barely even knew him.

But the hug felt really right, I didn’t want it to end. I started crying into his t-shirt. He picked me up then, almost like he was taking a toddler to their bed for a nap.

I still clung onto him, wrapping my legs around his waist. He tightened his hold around me as he started walking, before I knew it I was placed on the warm fluffy couch. I let go of him then.

By this point my tears were under control, I wiped my face. He sat next to me on the couch. I pulled my feet up. We took a silent moment, just looking at each other.

“Zayn, where are your parents,”

He looked shocked at my question, he didn’t answer for a moment, “um they’re, well they aren’t around anymore,”

“Not around anymore?” I repeated confusedly.

“They’re dead,” He replied,

My lips just made an ‘O’ shape as I looked down, “I’m sorry,”

“No, India it was so long ago, all that matters right now is you, are we going to go down to the morgue?”

I noticed how he said ‘we’ instead of ‘you’ which meant he really did want to be there for me, I don’t think he realized though. So I smiled.

He raised an eyebrow,

We can” I replied, “But can I take a shower?”

“Of course, let me show you whe-” he began to say before I cut him off,

“No its fine, I know where it is,”

~

I hopped in the shower, making sure the door was locked before I stripped my clothes off. I didn’t know what to do with them so I balled them up on the floor.

I tried to shower as quickly as possible, I felt so much better with my hair washed.

After I got out I realized I didn’t have any clothes. I wrung out my hair before wrapping a towel around my body and awkwardly stepped out of the bathroom.

By now everyone was awake; I spotted Louisa and Harry cuddling on the couch.

Louisa looked up at me and smiled, “I have clothes you can wear India, come on,” she said as he walked down the long hall.

She handed me a simple sweatshirt, pair of jeans, and socks. I was surprised when they fit perfectly. I exited the room and thanked her.

Zayn looked me up and down, “you ready?”

I nodded as I slipped on my boots.

~~~~~~

A/N sooo i think this is kind of a longer chapter. it was semi exciting but definitely important for the story. i just want to keep writing but i was afraid i'd write all night so i have to stop now!!!

I kinda want to rename this story.... does anyone have any suggestions??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266 104 35
Florence Walker, after losing her dad, she is hit with a shock and is adamant about finding the truth behind her father's suspicious death, and won't...
161K 3.9K 70
I don't own Naruto or any other characters. All of it belongs to Kishimoto-San Credit to them:https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11172567/1/
69.6K 823 5
Heyo my derpy derps Welcome to a merome smut.. Yes I'm doing this one because I'm bored and you guys seemed to of liked the skylox smut,so ima make d...
213 16 1
so...hey?...uh..so ya these are my reveal....