Knight

By Parqcxcm_hoe

[MAFIA FICTION] ___________ "Look what we have here.. " He spoke, smirking, in his... More

Author's Note|•
◌◎STORY'S STYLE◎◌
Chapter -One
Chapter -Two
Chapter -Three
Chapter -Four
Chapter -Five
Chapter- Six
Chapter- Seven
Chapter- Eight
Chapter- Nine
Chapter- Ten
Chapter- Eleven
Chapter- Twelve
Chapter- Thirteen
Chapter- Fourteen
Chapter- Fifteen
Chapter- Sixteen
Chapter- Seventeen
Chapter- Eighteen
Chapter- Twenty
Chapter- Twenty one
Chapter- Twenty Two
Chapter- Twenty Three
Chapter- Twenty Four
Chapter- Twenty Five
Chapter- Twenty Six
Chapter- Twenty Seven.
Chapter- Twenty Eight
Chapter- Twenty Nine
Chapter- Thirty
Chapter- Thirty One
Chapter- Thirty Two
Chapter- Thirty Three
Chapter- Thirty Four
Chapter- Thirty Five
Chapter- Thirty Six
Chapter- Thirty Seven
Chapter- Thirty Eight
Chapter- Thirty Nine
Chapter- Forty
Chapter- Forty One
Chapter- Forty Two
Chapter- Forty Three
Chapter- Forty Four
Chapter- Forty Five
Chapter- Forty Six
Chapter- Forty Seven
Chapter- Forty Eight

Chapter- Nineteen

47.1K 1.1K 305
By Parqcxcm_hoe

ROSLYN'S POV:

Stupid! Idiot! Dumb! Disgrace! Every possible word that describes foolishness. Why did you say that Roslyn? I ruined everything between Alonzo and me.

I buried my face in my hand, rethinking everything I said few hours earlier. He was worried and came here for a reason but instead of asking him, I assumed everything and hurt him. My body is under so much unrest, what will I do now?

I sighed, looking around in Weston's room as he came back from the washroom. He has a mark on his nose that Alonzo gave him, missing his jaw. I was so scared to see Weston collapse and all that blood gush out of his nose that I lost my mind, yelling out wrong things.

He came close and sat down next to me. I faced him, my face holding regret and sadness.

“I'm so sorry. It's all because of me” I apologized, lowering my head.

“Please Roslyn, this has nothing to do with you. Don't feel sorry for anything” he held me by my shoulder and I looked up at him. My mind was hazed with questions, so many questions. What's wrong between him and Alonzo? Why both of them avoid talking about each other? I have to get my answers before I get myself into a new problem.

I took his hand in mine and inhaled sharply, asking him,

“Weston, what's wrong between you and Alonzo? Why nobody in that house likes you? Is there something I don't know or you're hiding”

His eyes began shifting away, troubled, looking for a resting place. He hesitated, making clear impression of the fact that there's something hidden from me. I waited for him to reply, patiently while he sighed and spoke,

“I don't think I should be telling you this but if you insist... ” he paused, preparing himself for the reveal.

“I used to work for Knights in their illegal side of business. But I left their group two years ago, thinking I'll be able to start a new life for myself and it did happen. I had a peaceful life and everything was on track, until I got in trouble with them again when they began suspecting me for working with rivals on security. Believe me Roslyn, I never had any connections with their rivals, intentionally. I never knew they were secretly using me to plan death of Alonzo's parents. After all that, Alonzo thinks I'm here to harm you.”

My eyes widened and I withdrew my hand from his. I couldn't believe my ears. This guy whom I thought to be a normal person like me is a criminal! And not just any criminal, he's the reason behind Alonzo's parents' death! Shivers ran down my spine, making me stand abruptly.

“Roslyn, believe me. I didn't do that on a purpose. I was tricked to do that. I'll never hurt you. ” he stood up, coming close to me.

I froze in my place. How can I be so stubborn to not see clear signs that everyone was giving me about him. I hurt Alonzo for him, I went against everyone because I thought they were being mean to a simple guy for no reason. But I was wrong, so wrong. He's the bad guy here and just because I supported him, I'm bad too. What Alonzo would have felt when I said all those things to him this whole time. So bad Roslyn, you're so bad.

My head began experiencing a panging pain growing inside. I can't take any decisions but I know the person who's standing in front of me is wrong. I can't stand him for another moment.

Walking towards Rabbit Downey Jr's. cage, I picked it up with him inside and took my purse off the bed. I can't believe this was how all this was going to end.

“Roslyn, please don't leave like this. I don't want to loose a friend. Please, I would never hurt you” he held my wrist, standing between me and the door.

“I don't want to talk to you. You hid this all from me this whole time while I thought you were the right person all this time. I went against everyone for this friendship of yours.” I mocked his word and slid my wrist out of his grip, grabbing the knob and opened the door.

“Roslyn, try to understand-”

I stepped out, slamming the door back. He got out behind me, following me all the way in the hallway till I got inside the elevator, closing its entrance.

The elevator began going down and I collapsed on the floor, frustrated with myself. I never thought I'll hurt Alonzo this way when he was thinking only about me. I'm so evil, never tried to ask him, reason with him just built a wall between me and him just because he's the ‘bad guy’. I'm so useless, can't even keep a single person happy. I ruin everything.

The doors opened and I was greeted by the sight of two of Alonzo's bodyguards. They pointed me towards the car that was standing on the way. I picked up myself off the ground, feeling like a rubbish. I can't help but feel the pain and weight of guilt growing on my chest.

•••

I stood in front of the building's entrance and hesitated to step in. I don't think I can face anyone after knowing everything. My stomach ached along with my head. I can't go anywhere else. I don't have enough money. It's such an unfortunate day of my life.

I stepped forward, getting inside the  building, towards the elevator. I'll talk to Alonzo and apologize even though whatever I said isn't something to be forgiven, but I'll not give up till he forgives me.

My heart kept getting heavy with the time it took to reach the floor. My guts shifted, making me clutch my stomach tightly.

With the ding of elevator, the doors opened, exposing me to the air of the the familiar place. Please help me God, I want to apologize and accept I was wrong. I hope he'll forgive me.

Walking towards the door, I opened the door with a click and closed it behind me, quietly. Nobody was out there in the living room and I was disappointed to see this. It's night time, everyone's probably asleep. I advanced little forward and saw Alonzo's door shut close, unlike any other time. He's sleeping, I don't think I should disturb him.

I tip toed upstairs, thinking about how I'll sort things, how I'll apologize.

Finally, back inside my room and door locked. I placed RDJ back in his box and threw myself on the bed, stressing out. How will I face him tomorrow? Ugh.. I don't know. I feel like punching myself and then crying or disappearing forever.

I grabbed my phone that was on the bed and dialled uncle's number with my weak hands. I waited impatiently for him to pick up even though it's night and he's probably sleeping. On the very last ring, he picked up and I began ranting, on verge of crying,

“Uncle, it's all over. I'm so dumb. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm so sorry for disturbing you though. I don't know what I'll do now. I don't see any way left. I ruined everything. ”

“Wow! Calm down! Who's dis.. Oh Roz! You are awake? What's wrong? ” he spoke in his sleepy voice, yawning while coughing.

“Uncle, Alonzo.. Weston. -” I paused, preparing myself for explaining what I have to say.

“What happened with them? ”

I inhaled sharply and began telling him everything from what happened with Weston to what Weston told me. I couldn't help but drown in the ocean of guilt and misery. He stayed calm and heard me explain while I had to pause to collect myself and continue. I never thought I'll be encountering such dark secrets of this place, of these people.

“I'm so bad. I hurt him. I can never look in his eyes again..” I buried my face in the blanket, listening to heart beat clearly audible in my ears.

“Pearl, I always taught you to believe your heart, your soul because anything can be polluted, whether your thoughts, your mind, your intentions but your soul will never lie to you. You did what you thought was right at that time because your heart was unaware of the corrupt. Now that you know what you have done, it's natural to feel guilt but there's nothing a genuine apology can't solve. Just go and explain the man whole situation, he'll understand. ”

I really wish he does. If I was in his place, I would be mad too if someone would act like a stubborn bitch, doing what she pleases and no respect for others.

“I will. Thank you so much uncle " I felt relieved, talking to him always helps.

“I'll call again when everything's okay. Good night! ”

“Good night”

I hung up. Placing  my phone on the other side of the bed. I stared up at the ceiling, battling with myself. Okay, so it shouldn't be difficult. I'll go there and tell him everything I came to know and then if he understands, we're good. But what if doesn't? I'll have spend my whole age in regret.

I jumped out of bed, standing up. I need some water and sleep. Enough stressing for today. I'll do everything to make him forgive me and for taht I need energy.

I lifted the jug to find it's empty. It's okay, I'll go down stairs, everyone is asleep anyways.

I sprinted downstairs, straight towards the kitchen and began refilling the jug. I ran my eyes around to check if anyone's coming and continued to fill up the container. I kept tapping my legs on the floor endlessly while waiting patiently.

Suddenly I felt an itchy feeling on my back and I ignored it scratching a bit. But moments later, I felt like something is crawling up on my back. I slid my had behind and slapped whatever was on there. OH MY GOD!! There was huge bug lying dead, slapped on the floor while I screamed, crying with goosebumps.

“EWW~ THAT WAS ON MY BACK” I twisted and threw the jar at it, jumping around in ugly and uneven goosebumps arising in my body. I touched this, I TOUCHED THIS.

“AAAHHH~ THIS WAS CRAWLING ON MY BACK!! ”

“What's it! ” Alonzo ran out of his room, inspecting around while I was on the kitchen counter, screaming and jumping since it was still flapping it's wings. I swear I'll abandon this place if it can fly.

He found me on the counter, jumping, scared and rushed towards me.

“What are you doing up there? ” he asked and I jumped in his arms, holding his bare body tightly.

“A bug big..I mean a big bug, there, it was crawling on my back. It's so ugly and ughhh... ” I explained dramatically, tightening my legs on his waist as I remembered the moment I touched it.

He embraced me, holding me firmly and stepped forward to see whatever it is. I screamed, almost deafening him.

“It can fly, don't go there”

“Relax. You killed it already. ” he peeked through and I relaxed. My soul was about to check out. Why all these things happen one after another with no pause?

I loosened my grip on him, trying to stand back on my feet but his strong arms still held my thighs in them. I faced him in those emerald pool of sparkle. He sure wasn't sleeping, his body is tensed and sweaty, I could tell.

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up. ” I mumbled, trying not to look at him but knew he didn't take his eyes off me. He didn't say anything, just quietly looking at me, his eyes trailing over my skin like it could be felt.

“I- I have something to say. I want to apologize for what I said today. I wasn't aware of the truth. ” I opened up about the topic, making his expressions harden as he placed me back on the counter. He turned around but I interrupted his steps with my voice,

“Please hear me out. I didn't know Weston was behind so many things. I didn't know he was the reason behind your parents' death. I would  have never said those things to you. I would never hurt you” I spoke while he stood still for a moment and then began advancing towards his room.

I jumped down and rushed behind him, following him.

“I'm sorry. I know I did a bad thing, I'll never talk to anyone like this. I never knew what Weston did. ” I followed him behind, reciting those words. He got inside his room and looked back at me.

“Sorry.” I whispered, lowering my head. It felt the same way when Theo won't talk to me and was angry with me. I don't like making people unhappy, because of my actions and right now this is what is happening.

I sighed, deciding to give up as he's equally stubborn as me and I'm beginning to feel like I am troubling him. Suddenly, he pulled me in, and snapped shut the door in a blink of an eye. I squeaked as he pinned me on the door between his tall self and the cold wood behind me. I crumbled my body, facing down in the divine smell of his body overtaking the air once again.

He placed his leg on the side of me, blocking my way and grabbed my arms, lifting them up, pinning then against the door, over my head. My body was under his, pressed against one another's. He's so cold, unlike other times. I couldn't dare to look up and face him while I'm in this condition.

“Look at me” he demanded, his voice making my impulses go crazy as I felt them vibrating through my body.

Lifting my eyes slowly, I made my way from his jaw to his glistened lips and then his glittering eyes. I could feel the air getting dense with his breathe hitting my neck. His one hand held my arms up while his other one slid all the way up my legs to my thighs. My warm skin on his cold one felt like ice melting, slowly spreading relief and shivers as they traced up. I wanted him to say something, to end this silence in this position, to do something but not stand there, making me feel more stupid.

“You want me to forgive you? ” he asked in his raspy voice ringing in my body, tracing his finger on my arm.

“Yes~” I whispered in suppressed tone.

“I will, only if.. ” he paused admiring me with a flicker of spark in his eyes.

“If? ”

“Only if you do what I tell you to” he stated his subjective condition. His face lit up with a spark giving me a hint of his demand. I gulped, continuing,

“Do I have to do those things-” I paused, blushing heavily at thoughts of it. He chuckled at my actions, knowing what I meant and came nearer to my face.

“Not yet Blossom. But maybe soon. ” he teased me and I was a red ball of shyness, glowing and getting warm.

“T-Then what do I have to do? ”

“I don't want to you to go out with anyone anymore. You'll stay away from these weird guys, they're not good for you” he demanded with a little concerned look on his face. I didn't quite like the fact of not going out but decided to keep that big mouth of mine aside for a moment and behave well.

“Okay.” I agreed without any argument. He rose his eyebrows, his eyes turning soft as if amused with something.

“I'm going to miss my rebellious blossom. ” he hinted, smirking. I won't let you because you can't boss me around anywhere, my time will come too.

We were still in that position that wasn't helping but rising the heat between us. He released his grip on my hand while his eyes never let go of my sight. I glanced up at him and spoke, almost whispering,

“Why you don't want me to go out with anyone? ” I felt like I knew the answer somewhere but still, I asked, wanting to hear from him. He keeps setting rules for me without telling me reason behind it and I end up doing something that I shouldn't.

“Because I don't” he replied. Yeah, relevant much.. I frowned, not letting him put this topic off once again. I know his tricks.

“You won't tell me? Then you expect me to act good? Not happening” I looked away, crossing my arms between us.

“I want your safety. I don't want you to repeat what happened today, when there's no going back.. ” he seemed serious, unlike other times. He was concerned.. for me.. It felt so out if his character, he can never care less about what others doing with their lives, but he always thinks about me when I myself give up. I couldn't keep quiet, I felt a sudden urge and asked him,

“Why would you care about me? ”

He gave a quick glance on my face, his lips turning into a smirk as his eyes were fixed on my lips. He bit his lower lips, never looking away and inhaled, softly whispering back,

“Because, I -”

*Knock Knock*

He was interrupted rudely by an impatient knock on the door that made me shiver in fright and part from him. I stood away from him while he, irritated, opened the door.

“Boss, I hope I didn't wake you up.” Ty's voice came from the other side of the door.

“What's important? ” Alonzo huffed, running his hand through his hairs.

“Work at the warehouse is almost done, probably will take a couple of days more. I scheduled your day on the weekend so you can attend that Layla's party or whatever that is. ” he informed. Layla's party? I think it's that party whole internet is going crazy about, her birthday party.

“Alonzo, where's Roslyn? ” another voice that was of Dylan, chimed in while I was still standing behind the door, listening all this.

“She's back. ” he answered, glancing at me from side of his eyes.

“Thank god! I've warned all guards like you told me to. She'll not be leaving this place till it's any one of us with her. Nobody else will be allowed around the property. ” Dylan explained. Men in this house are for sure planning something.

“My stomach hurts so bad. ” Kai's voice echoed in the living room. Are they all coming back from somewhere? It's so late though. That's why this whole place was so quiet and calm, unlike now.

“Hey there handsome. How's that little secret of yours? I believe she's snoring in her room” Kai began with his nonsense once again.

Alonzo began closing the door on his face when he held it, apologizing.

“Alright, I was just playing. I have to ask you about what I should with that invitation for family gathering? They asked you to bring her, will you? ” he asked him questions that were quite attention grabbing. What he means by gathering? Alonzo didn't tell me anything. Where am I asked to be?

══════════o*☠︎*o══════════════════════••••••••════════════

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶
⌜ •   °    +   °   •   ⌝
All you gotta do to support me:

Share
Comment
Vote
Follow, if you feel I'm worth it.

⌞ °   •    +   •   °   ⌟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 23 48
My body was pressed against his hard slack and colliding underneath the agonizing tension, he lowered his mouth to mine and his tongue darted to run...
1M 27.2K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
758K 17.9K 51
"SSSSHHHHH... What did I say, you are here to listen, so let me complete. Your family's torture is not what I want. I want you, and now listen what I...
630K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...