•𝐄𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞•...

By Midnightales_

[FEATURED BOOK] ❝Destiny is not something to play with darling, you need to stay away from me.❞ His hot brea... More

Copyright - 저작권
Prologue - 프롤로그
1- 일 장
2 - 이 장
3 - 삼 장
4 - 사 장
5 - 오 장
6 - 육 장
7 - 칠 장
8 - 팔 장
9 - 구 장
10 - 십 장
11 - 십일 장
12 - 십이 장
13 - 십삼 장
14 - 십사 장
15 - 십오 장
16 - 십육 장
17 - 십찰 장
18 - 십팔 장
19 - 십구 장
20 - 이십 장
21- 이십일 장
22 - 이십이 장
23 - 이십삼 장
24 - 이십사 장
25 - 이십오 장
26 - 이십육 장
27 - 이십찰 장
28 - 이십팔 장
29 - 이십구 장
30 - 삼십 장
31 - 삼십일 장
32 - 삼십이 장
33 - 삼십삼 장
34 - 삼십사 장
35 - 삼십오 장
36 - 삼십육 장
37 - 삼십찰 장
38 - 삼십팔 장
39 - 삼십구 장
40 - 사십 장
41 -사십일 장
42 - 사십이 장
44 - 사십사 장
45 - 사십오 장
46 - 사십육 장
47 - 사십찰 장
48 - 사십팔 장
49 - 사십구 장
50 - 오십 장
51 - 오십일 장
52 - 오심이 장
53 - 오심삼 장
54 - 옵심사 장
55 - 오심오 장
56 - 오심육 장
57 - 오심찰 장
58 - 오심팔 장
59 - 오심구 장
60 - 육십 장
61 - 육일 장
62 - 육이 장
63 - 육삼 장
64 - 육사 장
65 - 육오 장
66 - 육육 장
67 - 육칠 장
68 - 육팔 장

43 - 사십삼 장

220 23 100
By Midnightales_

(Forty-third chapter)

The rental shop had almost every type of bicycle available for rent and Sowon almost squealed in happiness when she noticed a cruiser bike which was perfect for her comfort.

She checked the rent, her face dropping in horror because as good as the bike was the price. It costed more than she could afford and decided to leave it.

"Sowon did you choose your bike?"

"Yeah, this one."

She pointed at the cheapest one available, pretending like she was not sad that her favourite bike was too costly for her to even rent for an hour.

Namjoon stepped up to the cashier when everyone announced their choices and sizes of the bike. Sowon immediately grabbed his arm, stopping him from doing the payment.

"Let me pay, you already paid for the food."

"But-"

"No buts. I can't let you pay for everything like this."

Sowon glanced outside the shop to see her parents and Haneul waiting for them. Then she fixed her eyes on Namjoon with determination but he only rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry Sowon, I promised to pay for today so I'll do it."

"That will only hurt my pride Namjoon."

Namjoon raised a brow, "do you even have the money?"

His question caught Sowon off guard and she heard the cashier snickering behind them. Her cheeks began to turn red and she felt humiliated.

"Of course I do. Now move aside, let me pay."

"Yeah right. For your information, each bike rental cost more than your allowance."

"I don't get an allowance."

"Oh, so you are poorer than I thought. Jobless and no more allowance, how you manage it?"

The cashier snickered again but when Sowon shot him a dirty glare, he faked it into a cough. Then she glared at Namjoon, stomping her foot.

"You don't have to expose me like that and I do have money saved in my account, excuse you."

Namjoon rolled his eyes again.

"So let me save that money and little pride of yours." Namjoon pushed her aside and said to the cashier, "I'll pay for these please."

Sowon decided to give up as she knew how stubborn Namjoon could be. Glaring at his head, she waited for him to finish their transaction as he listed their names and bike models for rent.

"And how many hours would you like to use?" The cashier asked.

"Can't I just buy them?"

"Um no sir. We only rent the bikes."

"I'll buy them for a huge sum of money-"

Before Namjoon could finish, Sowon kicked his shin and pulled him back.

"You don't have to show off your wealth here. Just pay for the rent, why do you want to buy them?"

"It's a hassle to return them."

The cashier looked like he was still confused and Sowon sighed, looking at Namjoon again.

"We can return them later. Now go pay."

Namjoon frowned but obliged, turning to the cashier boy.

"Can I rent them for the whole night?"

"W-Whole night?"

Both the boy and Sowon asked in shock. Was he planning to camp here the night or what? Namjoon only nodded and fished out his card, handing it to the shocked boy.

"Um sir, are you sure?"

"Yes."

Upon hearing the answer, the boy quickly swiped the card and Sowon only sighed in defeat. Namjoon was a man of wonder and he never feared using money carelessly.

Won't he go broke one day?

"Here is the receipt. I hope you enjoy your time."

Namjoon took the paper along with his card before nodding at the boy who walked them outside and unlocked the locks to hand them over.

Everyone received their bicycles and Sowon was still questioning what Namjoon had in his mind to rent the bikes for such a long time since it's hardly afternoon.

"Here you go, miss."

"Thank-" Sowon glanced at the bike, eyes widening before she spoke, "wait this is not what I asked for."

"Your husband paid for this bike already."

Sowon choked on her saliva for the second time today, wildly staring at the boy. Did they look like a couple?

"He is not my husband, just friend."

They were hardly friends, husband was too advanced to even imagine.

The boy shrugged with a mischievous smile and walked into his shop, leaving Sowon to her thoughts. How could someone think she and Namjoon were already married?

"Sowon, are you ready?"

Haneul approached her and noticed the expensive bike, "whoa. That's a good choice you have."

Sowon only nodded, her eyes glued on Namjoon's back as she watched him teach his parents about the cycle and their safety tricks.

Since all of them except her mother knew how to use the cycle, they didn't need the boy to explain the process. Namjoon was enough indeed.

"And you pull this to ring the bell."

Mrs Han nodded, pulling the bell before chuckling excitedly.

After learning how to cycle independently with training wheels and constant encouragement from Namjoon, Mrs Han showed she was a quick learner and could cycle alone now.

"We can cycle through this avenue and head to the Mapo bridge," Namjoon explained.

"Great, shall we go then?" Sowon's father asked excitedly.

Everyone nodded, settling on their bikes. Mr and Mrs Han were given safety helmets and knee pads in case they fell and Sowon giggled to herself because both her parents looked like small kids.

Sowon was more than comfortable in her bike as they began to paddle together. At first, they began slowly, waiting for Mrs Han to join since she was struggling to paddle for long.

"Sowon how do you feel?"

Haneul asked from her left side.

"I could ride for the whole day."

"Then care for a race?"

Haneul challenged with a smirk and it made Sowon think about the offer before she brushed it off.

"Maybe next time. We need to go slow for mom's sake."

"I am still surprised at your behaviour. You never did this before."

Sowon laughed at the joke but didn't say anything more. Behind her, she could hear her mother curse every few minutes whenever she became tired.

Gradually all of them successfully paddled along the road, stopping at the tourist spot because her parents were tired. But Sowon was not and neither was Namjoon.

"I can't cycle any longer, it's really hard."

"I agree auntie. I am so tired now ugh."

Both Mrs Han and Haneul collapsed on the resting bench near a tree and Sowon shook her head because she knew they were not habited doing such activity for long.

Even her father sat down, parking his cycle near the tree.

"I am not tired yet." She whined.

"Go ahead and cycle more, we'll be resting here." Haneul waved her off and Sowon noticed her best friend sweating.

"Are you sure?"

"We feel burn out so yes and come back soon."

Sowon felt somewhat sad that they were exhausted but she didn't want to give up the chance. She felt someone nudge her cycle and she turned to see Namjoon still seated on his bike.

"Let's go."

"You're coming too?" She asked in surprise.

"You sound upset," Namjoon commented.

"Not upset, just confused."

He shrugged and began riding his bike ahead, leaving Sowon to let out a small breath of scoff before following him and soon they were cycling together in silence, side by side.

The trees were not withered, small and green leaves growing and making them look frail. Sowon enjoyed the soft breeze brushing her hair aside, casting her thoughts aside.

"You didn't have to rent this for me you know."

"Well, you were ogling at it like a lost puppy so I could not help it."

"You spend money too carelessly, not that I mind," Sowon remarked.

"And you complain too much, not that I mind."

She could not help but smile, feeling content as they rode the bikes side by side. She noticed that hardly any people were cycling because it was a working day, giving them more chances to be secluded together.

They paddled further into distant silence, both enjoying each other's company and she noticed how far they had come. Namjoon broke the silence.

"Hey Sowon, let's head back."

"Already?"

"Do you want to ride with me more?"

"Pfft, you wish."

Though he was teasing her, Sowon could not lie that she enjoyed being with him even in silence. Namjoon was just like the air around, silent but always there for her.

And what fun is there without a little breeze teasing around?

But even the calm air could brew a heavy storm and Sowon wished she was prepared for what blow he would bring in her life.

Soon they reached the tourist park where her parents were resting but she was surprised when no one was resting on the benches. Even their bikes were gone and Sowon was confused for a moment.

"Did they leave already?"

"I bet they are goofing around."

Sowon halted her bike, swiping up her phone before shooting a quick text to Haneul.

Sowon
Hey where are you? Namjoon and I are already here.

As quick as she sent the text, she received the answer.

Haneul
ㅡSorry, your parents wanted to look around so we went on a small tour nearby. We'll probably meet up for lunch in half an hour so don't worry.

Sowon sighed as she read the text, wondering where her parent's enthusiasm disappeared which they showed to spend time with her. Instead, they went with Haneul. The irony.

Her phone dinged with another text.

Haneul
ㅡDon't waste this chance and have fun with Namjoon ;)

Sowon felt her cheeks burn and she quickly send an angry emoji as a reply before shutting her phone off. Then she understood why her parents suddenly wanted to take a tour around.

They expected her to get closer to him and spend more time together. She shook her head. They even lived together so they always saw each other.

"What's with that expression?"

"I thought this was a family outing but they left to give us more time together. Haneul said they'll meet us half an hour later."

Sowon humourlessly chuckled and Namjoon raised a brow in her direction. He didn't understand if the girl was sarcastic or going crazy with rage.

"Do you hate spending time with me that much?"

"No, but I am sick of them always trying to set me up like this. Am I not enough to assure them?"

Namjoon was quiet for a moment. Then he got off his bike, parked it near the river railing. Sowon did the same, somehow wishing her parents didn't have to always sacrifice for her this way.

"I don't understand Sowon but I am sure they think it's the best. Don't be discouraged."

Sowon sighed, "I don't even know what to do now. How should I show that I am trying on my part too?"

"What did they tell you?"

Sowon chewed her lip, "to have fun with you."

"Then let's do it."

Sowon looked up, "huh?"

"If you want to show that you are trying, have fun with me. They'll naturally notice it and stop trying."

Namjoon held out a hand and though Sowon was confused, she took it and he grinned. Pulling her along, Namjoon took her to the railing over which the deep blue Han river was seen.

He pulled away his hand and Sowon distracted herself with the beautiful view laid in front of her. The river was calm and collected, seldom moving against the rocks below. A wide blue stretch of the river reached the further distance where tall buildings and places looked like small dominoes, stacked up randomly.

"It's mesmerising."

Namjoon glanced at her and smiled, "just like you."

Sowon felt her stomach lurch with butterflies and promptly ignored it like she never heard him compliment her. Was he joking? Or did Namjoon really think Sowon was pretty?

"Places like this always helps to clear out mind."

Sowon chuckled, "you speak like you always visit such places."

"I do."

Surprised, she looked over at him but all traces of mischief and fun was gone. Instead there stood a melancholic Namjoon, features washed with a sombre expression.

It was rare to see him both serious and downcast like that, it made her wonder why. So she asked.

"Why?"

"Life is never easy for anyone Sowon be it rich or poor."

His words carried more weight and the emotions felt like he was carrying the burden of the world. Sowon swallowed. What should she do to distract him? Nothing entered her mind except one thing.

Silence.

So they stood there together, admiring the view as well as comforting one another in silence. Namjoon turned to look at her with a smile.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Being here."

Sowon looked away, "it's nothing."

Kim Namjoon was truly an enigma. He could be the brightest and most cheerful person then go have the most intimidating and powerful or somber and silent aura.

Each day she learnt something new about him and it fascinated her. Like a child learning about the world, Sowon was intrigued by learning more about him. He was a mystery of unsolved puzzle and she wanted to be the one to unravel it, to find the missing pieces and complete his world.

But the question was; would Sowon be able to do it?

She glanced at him and noticed how firm his body was, leaning on the railing. The sun shone above his head, brilliantly highlighting the platinum waves that cascaded over his forehead.

His honey skin was kissed brightly by the sun, his lips pulled up into a small smile while his eyes were closed. Those dangerous and inviting dimples seen on his cheeks made it all better.

"Namjoon let's take a picture."

Sowon walked up to the large area where the words 'I SEOUL YOU' was built, urging Namjoon to pose in front of the large word blocks. Namjoon sighed before obliging, taking up a simple pose.

Grabbing her phone, Sowon clicked Namjoon's picture a few times and saved them before showing it to him.

"I don't look good."

"Don't worry, you look great."

When Namjoon smirked, Sowon cleared her throat, "I mean they look great, the pictures, yeah."

Thankfully another voice interrupted their talk.

"Hey!"

An excited Haneul appeared along with Sowon's parents beside her. She flashed a bright smile and Sowon noticed her parents looked quite happy too.

At that moment, Sowon's stomach growled and she knew her every derived from sugar was depleting. She heard a soft chuckle from someone and before she realised, Namjoon had already announced her favourite words.

"Alright onto the third activity, let's get some lunch."

A/N: Don't forget to drop your thoughts for the chapter! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 6.5K 61
🐥🐰 : Pure Fiction 🖤 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : Jimin gasps as he's manhandled into a bridal positio...
163K 6.5K 60
"I can't look at you," his voice trembled with a painful vulnerability, "And not remember the sweet betrayal, Y/N," "I am sorry for betraying you, Ju...
409K 15.6K 30
While he kissed to take your breath away and burn your heart with his sinful lips over your gleaming body, while he made your skin electricity with h...
438K 12.2K 40
"Jungkook, I'm warning you...Don't dare to touch me...! " You half yelled at him. His smirkfull but handsome face right an inch toward you as his ho...