Revenge Run | ✓

By MoonKnightess

Revenge is all both are set out for! Hate is all that drives them! Scarlett Walter isn't a regular corporate... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
1. Startling Start
2. Start of Revenge
3. A Friend and a Lunch
4. Fun but no Fun
5. Combat
6. Home or no Home
7. Tables Turned
9. Blackmail
10. Fazed
11. Fated vicinity
12. A Plea
13. An Accusation
14. The Past
15. The Investigation
16. Bitter Memories
17. Birthday?
18. Cold Rage
19. Planning Next Move
20. Murderous
21. Unwell
22. Execution
23. Live Action Drama
24. Answers and Answers
25. Mixed Reality
26. Media
27. Rise of Power
28. Past Unravelled
29. Propose
30. Old Friends
31. Shattered
32. Planning
33. Second Chance
34. Liars all around
35. Saviour
36. For Exercise!
37. Symphony
38. Happiness
39. I Can't help
40. Word Play
41. Trust Me
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Epilogue

8. Dinner

2.5K 179 47
By MoonKnightess

AARON

After everything, what the hell is that girl doing in my house?

Since morning I've been doing every possible thing to make her pay for insulting me last night.

At first, I asked my property dealer to buy the apartment where she lived. Her landlord turned out to be an old lady who is equally sick as her.

My dealer offered her thrice the amount for that building, but she refused saying she will not sell it at any cost as it is rented by a girl whose is equivalent to her daughter.

Typical caring old woman from classics!

At last, we contacted that woman's son, and as predicted the greedy bastard emotionally blackmailed her mother into selling it.

I gave her time until 8 to collect her things, for some fun, although I knew she'll be roofless by night. At the same time, despite today being Saturday, I called her for work to keep her occupied. I also made sure that she could not make it to there before time.

Everything went perfect, and at the end here I'm standing to find her in the comfort of my own house? That turned out to be totally opposite of what I wanted. Rachael has developed a habit of spoiling my plans.

I could've thrown her things out of the apartment, but I wasn't able to. Although I hate her, but the old feelings in my heart don't let me do half of the worst things I imagine to do to her.

It is either hate or love... but yet the hate and old love constantly fight in me, and I want the hate to win. She means nothing to me now. She is the worst a woman can be.

I'm disgusted at myself for falling soft and weak. I need to ruin her before she destroys me again. She deserves hate. Intense hate... that's all.

I HATE HER!

Today is just as worst as a day could be. First my favourite car was found punctured, I don't know how and I had to wait at the office till 9. Not that I hate it, but today I had to complete reviewing an analytics file I left at home.

And then I reached here only to meet another bad news. Terrible!

Consuming all the hard feelings with a breath, I stepped down to the dining room, to find my mother introducing her to my father.

I walked to them and took the seat next to mom that happened to be the one in front of Scarlett.

"You know Dad, Scarlett is currently working with Aaron for the launch of MR glasses, as the project marketing head.", Rachael said.

"So you are the one who gave a brilliant presentation yesterday. I heard from a board member, that you were excellent.", my father praised her. He's always at a loss of words only when it comes to commending my works.

"Oh, that's so nice of you to say that Mr. Anderson.", Scarlett smiled.

"Rachael told me that some dolt ousted you from your dwelling.", Mom said. Why do I feel offended?

"Um... Yes. I'm so sorry to trouble you all. I'll make some arrangements tomorrow itself.", Scarlett said. Oh, why not leave now, at the current moment itself.

"No dear. I'm not letting you go anywhere, until I'm assured that you've found a safe and pleasant place to live in.", Mom said.

Why is she so emotional?

"If she wants to leave tomorrow, why are you forcing her to stay Mom?", I asked.

"Manners young man!", mom coldly glared me. She is the true boss of our house and the most intimidating person, at least for me.

If she's angry with you, then your breakfast, lunch, dinner are gonna be awesome with diet food, salad, extra-sweet cakes, extra-spicy lasagna and what not, that too even when chefs cook in this house.

She has her own ways and it's better to be on her good side.

"Useless telling a mannerless young man honey.", Dad jibed.

"She stays here and that's final. Do you have any problem with it?", Mom said or rather scolded.

"No Mom.", I had to agree though my brain is yelling 'Yes I have a big bloody problem'.

"You better not.", she said, "And Scarlett, darling I'm sorry you would have to tolerate this rude man around. Just ignore him."

"Oh no no. You are so sweet. Thank you so much.", Scarlett pulled out the good girl drama. I'm hating their amiability.

"Would you like to tell something about the meeting with Mr. Salvatore today?", Dad asked.

"It went well.", I said silently eating, not wanting to go into the details.

"Someone told me otherwise."

Shit! he knows it.

"He is your friend.", I said closing my eyes.

"His brother is."

Yes, more than half of the city's rich old hags are his friends.

"Why ask me if you know already.", I snapped.

"I can't believe you asked him to fire his own son."

"Even before Mr. Salvatore could introduce us, he was jotting down something and also brought wrong files. How had I distinguished him from an incompetent secretary?", I put forth my justifications.

"And that's why you said him, You're fired and I hope Mr. Salvatore won't mind it because I can't tolerate unprofessional employees."

I noticed Scarlett stealthily grinning, from the corner of my eyes.

"Aren't your own employees enough that you've started firing people's sons.", Rachael chuckled.

"Tell me you apologized to him.",  Dad desperately stared me.

"It wasn't my fault.", I snapped.

"Are you seeing this lad honey? I've gotten tired of his cockiness.", Dad sneered.

"It's a father son matter. I'd prefer to keep away.", Mom replied.

Mom is great!

"Scarlett dear please ignore this. And if my son troubles you, do tell me. I know better how to deal with sadists.", Mom smiled to her.

Okay, I take back my words.

#####

I somehow survived the dinner, with my family acting as if she is their own daughter and I'm some foreign enemy that invaded their lands.

The talks were mostly centered around her best moments and my most embarrassing ones. And they say of gender equality? This is pure injustice to men!

They all, especially my devil of a sister, enjoyed making fun of my arrogance, my behavior, my love for bitter gourd and my hate for pudding, since I got my coat ruined by a child with it, at a business party.

I literally swallowed the food, to finish my dinner as soon as possible and came back to my room.

I switched on my laptop and began working. Work is the best escape from deplorable reality, considering my current situation.

After two hours, I decided to take a break. The rain had halted, so I walked up to the terrace, to find peace in the cool weather. Frankly speaking, all of it is lost since the day she re-entered my life.

My mind wandered to today's happenings and the girl I hate.

Mom openly offered her to stay as long as she wants and I can't stand her for even a minute. Should I let her stay in her apartment so that she goes away from here?

No way! I won't give up that easily. Considering her big ego, she won't stay here more than a day or two. After that, I can have my peace back, maybe.

When I say her ego is big, I mean it. On our Fresher's party, she rejected ten boys straight who asked her out for dance. How do I know? Well, I was noticing her all the while, as she looked so alluring in her red dress.

I was her friend and a project-mate so she agreed at once when I asked. That was when we shared first dance. The best dance of my life.

That moment was... No! She is invading my thoughts again. I should remember how she betrayed me, she left me. She made me what I am.

Just the thing I don't know is... Why? Why she changed in a blink. After five years, still I wonder why she did it.

Spending few minutes in silence and tranquility, I moved back to my room to find the door ajar. I remember closing it properly. What's wrong?

I entered inside and looked around for anything wrong, but everything looked fine... except one.

Where's my laptop?

Hey Guys!

Just curious, how many of you read on laptop?

My eyes prefer to use mobile app screen, for reading at least😁

Don't forget to hit that star down there if you liked the update :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 79.9K 51
"Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I stared at him in disbelief. "What more things...
14K 390 55
He is wealthy and she is poor, As children, he would always bully and mock her in front of her friends and schoolmates because she was fat, a nerd a...
22K 749 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...
248K 1.9K 6
Alison Smith escaped her oppressive past, leaving behind a home that felt like a dungeon. In the City of Light-New York City-Alison sought refuge, lo...