"A MATCH MADE IN SHADOW" {Ka...

By Bread_dealer

*! ART ON THE COVER IS NOT MINE! * Before there was a little girl, a little girl that got abandoned long ago... More

πŸ–€Prologe πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 1 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 2 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 3 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 4 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 5 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 6 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 7 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 8 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 9 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 10 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 11 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 12 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 13πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 14 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 16 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 17 πŸ–€
πŸ–€ Chapter 18 πŸ–€
πŸ’™ THE LEFT PATH (PART 1)πŸ’™
πŸ’™ THE LEFT PATH (Part 2) πŸ’™
πŸ’™ THE LEFT PATH ( FINAL PART) πŸ’™
πŸ’™ Epilogue πŸ’™
❣️ THE RIGHT PATH (PART 1)❣️
❣️ THE RIGHT PATH (Part 2) ❣️
❣️THE RIGHT PATH (FINAL PART)❣️
❣️ Epilogue ❣️

πŸ–€ Chapter 15πŸ–€

971 63 9
By Bread_dealer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.

.

.

.

Silent

That was the world in her mind. All there was is the evil yet calm silence..

It was that same fermiliar darkness that surrounded her. That fearful void. That fermiliar emptyness... she knew it too well.
And yet, part of her mind couldn't remember from where... Why was it fermiliar?

Everytime she asked herself -"Where am I? " it would appear she was nowhere. A place which at the same time wasn't even a place.

With all her strength and will power she managed to open her two sealed eyes. But even with them now able to see, there was nothing in front of her...

Darkness, everywhere...

Never understanding why that was she took in a breath as she forced to walk forward into the void of her mind. Her body felt frozen yet warm. Why was that?

Yet the moment she took that same first step she heard a fermiliar voice call out to her..

"(Y/N)..."

"K-kayn?.. Is that you? "

No answer was reserved from the voice. Only silence.

"Please come out. I can't see you in the dark. "

Staring into the darkness she saw nothing. Yet her ears could capture the sound of movement, clothes shifting. He was hiding in the shadows.

"Kayn... Please come out. I want to see you. "

Yet again, nothing but the silence was heard in that moment. (Y/N) could hear her own breathing in that moment. Until the voice spoke again, in a much darker tone:

"...It was all your fault... "

In that moment she saw him. Stepping out of the shadows he stared at her... the look of hatred painted his face. Confusion struck her. What was he saying? What was her fault? Her heart ached in that moment. Those cold eyes looking at her with such hate..

"You did it. If it wasn't for you, I would have won.. "

"..Won what..? "

There was no answer to her question. There never was. No matter how many times she tried... she never got it. It was like she wasn't meant to know. What does he mean? What needs to be won? Did she stopped him from something?

".... it's your fault, it's your fault, it's your fault-"

A sudden force made him stop. (Y/N) swallowed her fears and gave Kayn her most warm and reassuring embrace, tears threatening to come out of her eyes. Not being able to be look at the hatred in his eyes she decided to give her most genuine type of love, the most truthful and kind embrace. And the most sorrowful apology she could muster in that very moment.

"Kayn..I....Im sorry. Y-you might not want to tell me what I have done to cause you pain. But...but you know I never mean to, I would never wish you pain.You know I won't and I can't. I love you and that won't change! "

No response was heard from Kayn. Her heart beat quickened the more she waited for anything. Any response. And yet... nothing. Silence. Did she said the wrong thing? Was it wrong to say those things? Did it anger him more?

Questions and worries filled her mind. Those same worries worsened the moment she finally heard something come from Kayn. A sound, finally!
And yet... the low and dark chuckles didn't calm her in the slightest.

It made her fear him...

Not even a few seconds later did those slight chuckles escalate into a laugh. She felt his hands embrace her back. It felt... wrong. Something was wrong. She tried to let go and break away. But it was impossible. His grip was too strong. It didn't allow her to move..

Soon the laughing twisted itself into a much more maniacal and sadistic laugh. His voice... It was all wrong. Everything about it was wrong. It wasn't his anymore, there was something demonic behind it. And then it hit her.

This was not Kayn...

.... it was no human....

The hands on her back gripped her so tight it hurt her. (Y/N) felt herself bleed from that unhumanly strong grip, keeping her in place. Tears started to spill from her eyes as she heard that so fermiliar voice speak to her.

"~Oh ,it was all thanks to you,(Y/N).~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shooting up from her bed, (Y/N) looked around frantically around her. Fearing that this horrible voice would be there again. Her heart was beating in pure fear as she felt cold sweat cover her forehead. Questions began to arise in her mind as she held her face in her hands.

"*grunt*..(Y/N) ? "

Jumping from the sudden voice she looked down next to her. Panic began to arise in her when she saw who was up until now peacefully sleeping next to her.

"K-KAYN?! "

"Shh! Quiet down, will you? "

(Y/N) fully ignored Kayn's comment as she felt her face become a brand new color.

"W-why are you here?! "

"What do you mean? "

"I mean: Why are you in my bed?!"

"First: that is my bed, and that is my room. Second: you fell asleep on it yesterday. What was I supposed to do, kick you out? "

"Really?.. "

"You don't remember? "

".... "

"Of course you don't. "

Kayn then let out a sigh as he now had to explain such simple situation.

"*sigh* Yesterday while you were busy looking around in my room and touching things you probably shouldn't, I went outside for just a bit. The moment I came back though, I saw you knocked out on my pillow. "

(Y/N) then calmed down after that statement. Setting back down on the bed, she enjoyed how comfortable it actually was. Kayn looked at her and sighed to himself.

"Will you tell me why you had to shake the whole bed with your waking up? "

"Oh.. that... sorry! "

"Another one? "

(Y/N) just silently nodded as she remembered the dream. She did not understood. What was that? What did it meant? What did she did wrong?

"Do you want to talk about it? "

She just looked down in that moment. Taking in a deep breath.

"It actually is not that special.. Although, you were there. "

Kayn raised an eyebrow in intrest as he now was way more curious than before.

"But... Something was wrong. You kept saying it was my fault. You looked at me with such hate in your eyes... I didn't even knew what I did.."

Kayn placed a reassuring hand on the woman's shoulder. He gently held her cheek as he told her in his stern yet calm voice.

"(Y/N) listen to me. "

"There is nothing in this world that can make me hate you. Even if you do the worst thing in existence, I will still not be able to hate you. "

A smile formed on her face.

"Really? "

"Stop asking stupid questions and get up already I need to get ready and you as well."

"Alright, alright. "

And just then a creak of a door sounded trough the room, scaring both of them. But the worries soon disappeared when they saw they very, very fermiliar face of Nakuri.
Kayn, glaring at him with full anger barked:

"Have you ever heard of knocking?! "

"~Oops, did I interrupt something? ~" -he said in a teasingly manner.

"Oh, no nothing. What is it? " -said much more politely, (Y/N).

"Ah nothing. Just came to tell Kayn that Zed would like to have a word with him. I am guessing it's about a mission, but I really have no idea. "

"Is that so? Then I suppose I should hurry up then. "

After a few minutes every body went in their separate ways as Kayn went to talk with Zed while (Y/N) was basically having an internation.

"~Sooo,what were you two doing in there, hmmm? "

"Nothing."

"That means something"

"I will hit you.. "

"No you won't. "

Not even a second later you could the faint sound of:

"OUCH! THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR! "

"OH, REALLY?! "

_______________________________________

The rest of the day went by as per usual. (Y/N) forgot about her nightmare, mostly.
While in the meantime, Kayn got his new assigned mission that he had to take up on. It included a lot of traveling so sleep definitely would have been needed.

Kayn couldn't help but be worried about (Y/N) . Not about her safety since he believed she was inedeed a good fighter. No. It was purely about how worried she tends to get about him. Of course he was an amazing fighter, and she knew it. He still, never understood why that was. But he came to acceptance of that fact.

At this time Kayn was just calmly making his way to his room, already prepared to rest as he listened to the peacefull silence...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Will there be carnage? ~Oh there better be. ~"

"Do you ever just shut up, Rhaast? "

"For you? Never. "

"I hate you... "

"~I'm glad. ~"

Kayn was about to go into his room but the moment he was about to walk in he heard the sound of loud footsteps stumbling and then followed by a large thump.

The moment he turned around he was not even surprised in the slightest that no other than his dear (Y/N) crashed face down on the floor.

"Oh, hi (Y/N). "

"*grunt* Hi Kayn. "

"Why the rushing? "

"Oh, uh, I just wanted to ask you before you went to bed what did Zed told you. You know, I was just curious. "

"*sigh* I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Well I got assigned a new mission. I will be traveling a bit and would probably be missing for a few days. "

"Oh. And when is that? "

"Tomorrow."

"What?! Already? "

"Yes."

"*sigh* I hate when you leave. "

"I will be back, as always. Nothing will change. I never fail, you know that. "

"Yes, I will still miss you. "

"Now, now let's get to our rooms, I'm tired and I want to sleep. "

"Yes, yes of course. Sorry. "

"It's fine, don't worry. "

_______________________________________

The next morning came. And just as usual Kayn got up and got himself ready as the sun shined down on him. He definitely preferred the dark.
Rhaast, as always was complaining about being wrapped in cloth but Kayn didn't care.

Everything was set until Kayn saw something that wasn't quite there before. As he got closer to inspect it he saw it was a somewhat of a tiny bag. He took a glance at the inside to find it was filled with different backed goods. Surprise was written on his face along with confusion. That was until he noticed the letter placed next to it.

Opening it he read the following:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you have a safe trip! I made a tiny present for you since I want to show how much I appreciate you. I hope you like them, they were made with lots of love! <3

P.S - You better come back or I will find you and I will kill you.

Love : (Y/N) <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayn's face then had an unsurprised expression with a hint of red appearing on his face. Sighing in annoyance he mumbled a low:

"*sigh* Damnit I love you. "

"Are you done? " -Rhaast asked in an annoyed voice

Kayn fully ignored him as he took his present and walked out..

______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N) :I am sorry for the delay I promise this chapter is not just a waste of time the story is progressing, bare with me for a bit.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 152K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
29K 197 6
feel free to use my script as inspiration! however please refrain from copying my whole exact script. a/n: 08/09/22 will no longer be answering shift...
599K 51K 31
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
9.3K 307 11
(First name) (Last name) is a very shy but bubbly girl, she was a young and small angel that everyone was in love with. One day, her dad got caught i...