Before They Were Bulletproof...

By Gasai-

Before they were bulletproof they were just youths trying to make their way through to debut. Jia, that's you... More

Introduction// Disclaimer
Intro: Moving into your new place
1. Humble Beginnings
2. Charismatic
3. Library
4. Studio
5. BBQ
6. Night Market Confessions
7. Picnic Writing
8. Karaoke
9. Convini Confessions
10. Can You Rap?
11. Street Dance
12. Snug Nights In
13. Did I Cross The Line?
15: Just A Night Of Dance
16. Don't Judge Me
17. Worries
18. It Hurts My Feelings
19. Lullaby
20. Champagne Call
21. Flustered
22. You'd Be The Sweetest Boyfriend
23. Small World
24. Reflection
25. Chaos
26. It's Done. I'm Done
27. Please, Don't Leave
28. Reluctant
29. Writing Our Own Story
30. Tingles
31. Promise
32. Smutty Christmas Sope
33. Plum Blossoms
34. What are you looking for?
35. Cold
36. Dealer
37. Haze
38. Memories
39. Past Midnight
40. Criminal History
41. The Waltz
42. Reckless
43. 24K Gold
44. No More Dream
45. Countdown
46. Debut
47. Contract
48. Mutually Beneficial
49. Disbelief
50. Coincidence
51. Orientation
52. Hide And Seek
53. Sunday's aren't fun days
54. Onigiri
55. Pretty As A Petal
56. Downpour
57. Three's a charm
58. On Repeat
59. Cold Blooded
60. Hands Of Time
61. Living A Lie
62. Leave it to me
63. Doll
64. Perfect
65. War Of The Heart
66. Always With Me
67. Don't forget
Epilogue

14. Ice Cream

416 20 0
By Gasai-

Friday

Jia: Jin~ We still on for today?
Jin: Of course, there's this new place I've been wanting to check out. I'll send u the address.

Jia: Okie, see ya at 2~

I breezed through my morning, usually taking Fridays to catch up on assignments. As soon as that was all done I started getting ready for my little date with Jin. I decided on wearing a cute black pleated skirt with some over the knee socks. I was going for something cute but still warm seeing as the weather was cooling down. Last nights rain and the events that followed are still fresh on my mind. Even though I'd been thinking about it I hadn't come to a definitive answer.

Lately, it seemed like I was getting myself more into the thick of things without meaning to. What had started as innocent friendships were somehow progressing into more and it wasn't just with Joon...

Thinking about it hurt my head. Maybe it would be better to ignore it for now. Avoidance tended to be my style and it worked for the most part. With this being my conclusion I let my worries subside and focused more on leaving my place and heading out to meet up with Jin.

It had been a while since I'd seen him and I missed him. His bubbly personality always seemed to cheer me up, he was always so much fun to be around. The new place he wanted to check out wasn't far, most things around my apartment were all in close vicinity. It was one of the perks of living in the city.

The ice cream shop was on a street that was adjacent to a small park. But, it wasn't just any park. It was the one Jin and I had run off to the last time we went out together when we suddenly needed to escape from his stalker.

I pulled my scarf up to try and protect myself from the cool breeze as I waited in front of the store. I watched absentmindedly from the sidewalk as people walked past. Suddenly I felt a presence from behind and my vision went blank as a pair of hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who~" A familiar voice spoke from right behind me.

"Jin~" I hummed happily before quickly turning around and throwing my arms around him.

"Hey!" He tried to wiggle out of my hold at first but a moment later he gave in and just pat me on the head. "What if it wasn't me and you ended up hugging some weirdo stranger" he laughed.

"But it was you! So.." I giggled back. I let him go only for him to wrap his arm around my shoulder and pull me into him.

"Okay, so, apparently, this place is packing some top-notch stuff" He explained as we made our way into the cute shop. We both decided on getting two scoops each of different flavours so that we would have more options to try. Afterwards, we went over to the park across the road and sat down together at a picnic table so we could eat our ice cream.

"I missed you" I hummed.

"Stop being so cute" Jin feigned annoyance but couldn't hold it long. "I missed you too," He sighed, breaking into a meek smile.

"Mmmmm. Have you been that busy?" I questioned. He did look more tired than usual. It made me wonder what he's been doing recently.

"Yeah. Things have been non-stop. I got put into an Idol group." He explained. Jin had another spoon of his ice cream before switching our cups over.

"Oh... Wait I remember you telling me that you couldn't sing or dance?" I asked, now trying the new flavour in front of me without question.

"Yeah right. I was open-minded at first, thought It was still a good opportunity and that I could just learn how to sing and dance anyway." Jin started to explain. Still managing to make facial expressions between conversations as he tastes the flavours I had.

"But, because I've been trying to catch up I feel like it's all I do these days. I'm trying to practise hard. The other members of my group are already talented in different ways. I don't want to let them down, and I don't want to let myself down either". I stuck the stick back into the ice cream and leaned forward.

"I know you can do it. I'll be here cheering you on! I know, there isn't much else I can do but, just know I believe in you 110 percent. If it's really what you want keep fighting for it and I'm sure your efforts will prove fruitful. I just know it!". Jin's jaw went slack and he looked a bit shocked at my sudden enthusiasm. But he regained himself quickly.

"Sheesh. There's no way I can feel sad about it now. Come here, you." Jin pinched my cheek playfully before ruffling up my hair, he looked at me fondly. It made me falter shyly inside slightly. When he focused on me with that particular look. Like I was important to him.

"Anyways, enough about me, what's been happening with you?" His gaze on me softened. I crossed my legs and pushed my hair off my shoulder to kind of straighten up a bit.

"Oh, that. Well..." I hesitate. Should I tell him what's been going on with me? Had Jin become someone I could show my vulnerabilities to?

"Well?" Jin hummed curiously, I guess it was time to open up. Here goes nothing.

"Recently, my parents were having some money troubles. So... I kind of had to get a job at a hostess club." I couldn't believe I'd just admitted that out loud. I quickly rambled on, feeling like I needed to explain myself a little more in case he thought poorly of my life choices.

"I know it sounds kinda bad! But.. it isn't really that bad... And, I need the money" I finally concurred. There was a small moments pause before Jin responded.

"If it's what you need to do and it's what you think is best then trust yourself" He spoke confidently and his words gave me an instant feeling of relief and reassurance.

"Thanks, I appreciate it" My words were soft. Suddenly a cheeky grin graced his handsome features. "Which club is it? I can come to support you".

"What nooo I couldn't" I exclaimed. Feeling way too bad about Jin coming there for me but he rebutted instantly.

"Shh. I don't care if you want me to or not I'm coming. Can't let any other guys win you over before I do" he smirked confidently. He seemed fairly adamant and if it's really what he wanted then there was probably no point trying to change his mind.

"Well, if you really wanna... it's Club All Black. But I only just started so I probably won't get added to the cast for a week or so, depending on how fast I pick up training" I contemplated aloud.

"Jia fighting" Jin declared. It was so wholehearted. It almost came off comically but by now I knew he absolutely meant it.

"Thanks, Jin". We both finished off our sweet treats and then Jin had to head back to practise. By the time I got home, it was around 3:30 pm and I had to get ready for my shift at 5 pm.

When I got there Yoona my manager explained that tonight I'd be on 'Help' duty which meant that I'd drink at the table along with some other lower-ranking girls as a filler or better known as the 'Help' to the higher-ranked girl. It was as the name suggested.

She showed me to the dressing room and introduced me to one of the stylists. I started to get my hair and makeup done. The stylist put me into a cute dress. Then, I was told which tables I needed to rotate between. Pouring drinks for clients wasn't a problem because I'd already been shown how to do it during my previous shift.

The night went by smoothly, for the most part, I just watched the other girls and when I was spoken to by clients I was agreeable and kind. I did have to drink my fair share throughout the night but I felt fine by the end of my shift and it was to be expected.

For most of the night, I'd been placed at a girl named Luna's table. She was ranked 3rd at the moment. She had long dark brown hair and was pretty. She was also really nice to me all night and helped me quite a bit. I could see why she was popular too, she was really cute but also held an elegance about her. Along with having a lovely personality, it made sense why guys were drawn to her.

After my shift finished it was 10 pm. I got changed back into my clothes and left the club. I was feeling kind of hungry, seeing as I'd drank a bit maybe getting something to eat before I went home wasn't a bad idea.

I remembered seeing a noodle shop that looked pretty tasty at some point and decided to go there and get something to take home. As I turned the corner I noticed a familiar face. It was... Yoongi. But, I had to do a double-take because he was sitting on a scooter wearing a delivery outfit and I was just totally not expecting to see him like this. I stopped in my tracks for a second and then quickly turned around and went back the way I came.

Maybe it was better that I pretend I didn't see him and that I avoided being seen by him right now too. I stopped at the convenience store on my way home instead and got some bread.

I ate and got ready for bed. I lay there for a while in the warmth of my sheets as my mind ticked over my day.

I'd finally worked up the courage to confide in someone about my problems.. I felt a little bit better about it as soon as I'd done it too. I was lucky to have met Jin. He was supportive and kind. And he always knew how to make light of an otherwise stressful situation. My mind then drifted to the image of Yoongi in that delivery outfit. Honestly, I was still shocked, it definitely would have been perceived as an embarrassing part-time job.. I didn't regret avoiding the situation. It would have saved us both face if he didn't notice me there.

I was pulled from my thoughts at the light ding of my message tone. I reached over and opened it to see it was a message from Tae.

Tae: Hey bestie, you still awake?
Jia: Yeaaa, I just got into bed ☺️

Tae: Cute, can I get your opinion on something?
Jia: Sure, what's up?
Tae: I was practising singing something, do you think it sounds okay?
Tae: *voice recording 1:43*

I clicked play and listened to his deep soothing voice singing to a song I didn't know. It was giving me tingles.

Jia: Tae, I could listen to your voice all night
Tae: 😳 Really?
Jia: Really, whoever your girlfriend is gonna be in the future is gonna be one hell of a lucky girl 🥺

Tae: haha, you don't have to be my girlfriend for me to sing to you ya kno
Jia: 🥰 If you want my opinion I think you sound amazing~
Tae: Thanks 🙏🏻
Jia: It's okie, anytime 😌

Tae: You gonna sleep soon?
Jia: yea probably, your singing is putting me to sleep 🥺☁️✨
Tae: 😉 Okay, Nitey nite bestie 💜
Jia: Night Tae Tae💜☺️

I put my phone back on my bedside table and closed my eyes, Tae's voice still playing in my head. Eventually, I drifted off into sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 199 26
No one gets past The Bangtan Wall. They are the most handsome shield of protection, and they're yours. This is not your run-of-the-mill stereotype ma...
284K 8K 27
Y/N is your normal school girl, small group of friends, normal family, good grades. But the thing that gets her down the most is her 'Personal Bully'...
50.6K 2.2K 42
This was my first story for BTS. It holds a special place for me. It got me through some rough times I was going through. A girl moves to Korea to be...
272K 15.2K 68
Cover Graphics by: @_jinniecutie "I'm not going to say that I will take a bullet for you because that's too cliche," he said while gazing deeply in h...