The Uprising

Oleh xxAleshaxB

In the dystopian society of Orion, the island faces a massive political war. The instability of Orion's polit... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35

CHAPTER 7

91 16 1
Oleh xxAleshaxB

•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•★•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•◌•

I was angry. No, I am angry was would imply that I wasn't angry anymore. I have spent the last three days in the hospital. Kayla is still the doctor assigned to me, which worsens the matter. Every time she shows her face, which is very often, a sense of irritation and extreme anger came over me, due to her involvement in my recent predicaments.

I pitied her nephew, the whole thing wasn't her fault . If it had been my mother or family in that situation; I would have done anything in my power to save them. Even sedate someone. However, that still didn't erase the fact that she was involved and my life was possible on the line.

My mother didn't even suspect something was off when she visited earlier this morning. How could she have known? I was only missing for a few hours. It wasn't like I could tell her. I couldn't tell anyone. I was confused, alone, and angry. All I do is lay here and be nothing but angry. It was almost as if nothing had happened, but the constant guilt on the doctor's face reminds me of it. I also earn new bruises and scrapes in my attempt to escape. They were painful reminders.

"I need your help," Kayla says when she places the food tray on the small desk next to me. "Please, Jemima."

"What? Do you want someone else to sedate?" I spit out with as much venom as possible. I didn't want to show her any form kindness. I could have died, and she would have covered it up. "Or maybe you want me to keep my mouth shut so that you don't lose your job."

"I care about my job but my nephew comes first. I'm responsible for him, and I still don't know where they are holding him," her voice made me want to believe her. She was trying her best to hold herself together.

Then it dawns on me that this woman wasn't malicious. I find the strength to forgive her, and I did at that moment. The people who took her nephew were the ones I should be angry with.

"I can't help anyone, if I could then I would help," I tell Kayla truthfully. "You should try the police."

"You have met these people. They are way too organized. The police will not find him. They may not even know who these people are."

"If the police can't help, then how will I help? They have guns, and you know the location where they held me. What more information do you need?"

"They aren't keeping him there. He's in some warehouse just outside of Bay City. We can get him out without anyone seeing us if we go there together. If the police got involved in this. They would kill him," I could tell from the seriousness of her voice that she was indeed serious. This woman was asking me to assist her on a suicide mission.

"Are you crazy?"

I pull myself up, leaning my back against the wall so that I could analyze how she would react. To my dismay, she had a nonchalant expression. Oh my lord, this whole island has gone insane.

"I know I met you only a few days ago, but you need serious help if you think I could do that."

"If it was someone in your family, what would you do? Wouldn't you do something completely insane to help them?"

I definitely would but this. Those people are dangerous, and I didn't even have to be kidnapped by them to know that. Hell, everybody was dangerous these days. I want to help her. At the same time, I didn't want to die or risk getting myself abducted again, even if it was just for a few hours.

She looks at me with teary eyes. She was helpless and alone, I was her last hope, the only one who knew the situation.

I'm going to regret this later.

"Alright, I will help," I agree reluctantly. "One sign of danger, and I'm leaving you." she nods in agreement. 

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

A little while later, she goes to the front desk and clears my name so that I could be discharged from the hospital. I was feeling much better. The pain was gone, and I regained my original weight.

The drive to the warehouse was done in uncomfortable silence. Neither of us could guess what we will discover, and I felt idiotic for going through this plan. I wouldn't even call it a plan. It couldn't be easy to walk into a warehouse owned by a gang and come out with a hostage—I'm sorry,  a secret anti-government organization.

I stare into the almost dark sky. I miss being outside. Three days confined to a bed can do that to you. The air smelt like fumes , but it was still relaxing to breathe it in. It made me feel lucky to be alive. I always wonder why the people of this country didn't put aside their differences and come together to rebuild the damage that was done by the series of explosions.

Hell would have to freeze over before anyone chooses unity on the island. It was every man for himself. If you can't stand alone, that's on you. If you work hard enough to get by in life, people will find a way to steal or ruin it. It's an unfair and cruel society. Our leaders work poorly. This means a lot of citizens get away with literal murder.

A crumbling political system. That's what the newspapers called it. The day President Howard Johnson was assassinated, the whole country was in a state of shock. The person or individuals who committed the heinous act was never captured. You would think the police would be effective, but they are too busy breaking the laws themselves to care about fixing them or catching criminals.

Kayla parks the car a few yards away from the warehouse then turns off the engine. My body was filled with terror and excitement, which must be the adrenaline. I don't see how Kayla convinced me to come here.

Maybe turning back was a good idea. No running seems better. Yes, run and never look back—strangely, my mind didn't agree with me. The curious side of my personality wants answers. Answers as to why I was kidnapped or protected. My journey here wasn't entirely because I wanted to help. Sure, that was a part of the reason but the need to know something, literally any piece of information that could just shed some light on the situation, pushes me to be here.

"You can turn back if you want." She offers. From the looks of it she doesn't want to go in alone

"I'm not turning back. I have already gotten this far."

With that, we crouch low and sneak through the tall iron gates. The place was eerie. At one point, a scream nearly left my mouth when a mongoose ran across my shoe. The warehouse lights were on. I don't know why, but something feels off.

This was too easy. There should be someone at the gate. Either some creepy guy in a mask or one wearing that symbol they cherish dearly. I have been with these people long enough to know they always had heavily armed guards around them. If this were to be their warehouse; I would suspect they would do the same.

When we get to the building, Kayla peers through the dusty window on the right. I went to the one on the left and did the same. There wasn't much to see. The inside was littered with large cardboard boxes. On the left side of the room was a fleet of stairs leading to possibly the storage room. That was it for the most part. I sense someone approaching us from behind; I Ignore the feeling when a group of men enters the room from the stairs.

The sound of something clicking brings my attention to the presence behind me. My head turns towards the sound,  a man was a gun at my temple. I let out a blood-chilling scream, alerting Kayla and the people inside.

"Do that again and I'll pull the trigger," He threatens. I raise my hands to show that I have surrendered, and Kayla did the same. The man had the familiar symbol on his vest. He points the gun at the door for a second, then back at me. I figured that he wants us to go inside. We both comply.

Chills runs down my spine when I feel everyone's eyes staring at me. Kayla, on the other hand, seems genuinely shocked. Her eyes bulge as she scans a man who appears flabbergasted.

"Jordon! why are you dressed like that? Is that a gun in your hand?!" She was referring to his combat suit, which had the Tri-circle's symbol. All the men in the room had identical clothing. With the same strange symbol—such a simple thing but holds a powerful meaning.

"Kayla," He starts, but she wouldn't have it.

"Are you working with them? They kidnapped you. They force me to put someone's life in danger."

"I wasn't kidnapped. It was my idea to get you assigned to Jemima so that Daniel could take her without any problems. I was the one that suggested that he use me to get you to cooperate. I was going to tell you."

What did he say?!

The room went silent. Kayla storms over to him. Everyone's eyes were glued on the pair. Nobody wants to miss what would happen next. She raises her hand and swiftly slaps him. It echoed through the room. From where I was, I could tell it hurt.

"I could have lost everything!"

"I'm sorry," He was sorry, but she was upset. I was upset. If I had the chance, I would have slapped him too.

"We are leaving!" She declares sternly.

"I'm not going anywhere."

I feel bad for Kayla. She was ready to put herself in danger for this ungrateful man, and I was prepared to help her. All this time he was one of them.

A fair-skinned woman with long wavy brown hair walks down the stairs dressed in an elegant suit. She carries herself with grace and poise. Once her heels touch the last step, her voice travels through the entire room.

"What's going on here?" the makeup made her face appear smooth and spotless. She looks like a doll.

"I think this is Jordon's aunt, Azim," One of the men informs her.

"Azim?" I question. She smiles at me and then titles her head.

"You must be Jemima." She walks over to us with poise. "Azim is a title of leadership in our organization. You have already met with Daniel, I presume?"

"I did, who are you?"

"You will learn in due time Jemi," she turns to Kayla. "Kayla, right?"

Kayla folds her hands across her chest and raised an eyebrow at . "Are you aware that my nephew is only nineteen? Why would you allow him to be here? Involved in something so criminal."

"I'm well aware of his age, and I'm not holding him hostage. It's his choice."

Suddenly the windows shatter, and bullets floods the room. One of the men that were standing near Jordan drops onto the floor. Then a few others follow. Jordon takes
me by my arm, pulling me to the back door . I barely had any time to react.

"You two need to leave," He finally says once we were outside.

"Come with us. Please don't go back there." Kayla begs him with teary eyes.

At the same time, Azim comes out holding up one of the men who had been shot. "Jordon, go with them and take Dash with you," Jordon takes hold of the man and supports his frame. "Don't go back to the hospital. It's under attack."

Under attack?

My head was already spinning. What would have happened if we hadn't left?

Azim turns to me with a reassuring look. Despite the commotion happening around us and the fact that we had just met—I trust her. "Jordon will keep you safe like he always do. I know this isn't very clear, but you must believe we are trying to protect you. Okay?"

"Okay."

She whispers something to Jordon and goes back inside.

We abandon Kayla's car and take one of the multitudes of black minivans in the garage. I was placed next to Dash, who was unconscious. Jordon was our driver, and Kayla was next to him fuming about how careless he was. He takes the back gate, then speeds off down the street.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

43 2 1
'Death never stops surprising you.' A sentiment Aria knows all too well. Her world on its surface is perfect. A completely enclosed ecosystem protect...
57.4K 1.6K 63
In a world full of darkness love has no place nor no strength of survival. A Girl with a dark past and A ruthless mafia boss; two worlds come crashin...
63 19 7
Sixteen-year-old Mackenzie is heading off to Collation, society's training program to prepare teens for the real world before assigning them to a pro...
399 53 26
'This world is sick. And we are nothing more than mere symptoms.' Over four centuries ago the sun set - and never rose again, plunging the world into...