CHAPTER 4

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

When I step outside the room, a modern-styled living room decorated with a large blue sofa, a small chandelier hanging from the ceiling, the floors had a red carpet stretching over them. Thick grey curtains hung over the window in the room, almost making the room dark. I wasn't prepared for the sight before me; I was expecting something dark and evil, a place that screams: you have been kidnapped, and you should probably make a run for your life.

"And she's frozen." He voices commanding my attention.

"Uh, where am I?"

"St. Maris."

"That's very accurate."

"You're welcome." He says sarcastically.

He walks off in the direction of a door; before his hands turn the knob, he stops and looks back at me. "Tae and Jason will look after you while I'm gone. Don't worry, they won't hurt you, trust me," That was something I couldn't quite do.

"I don't trust you! You kidnapped me! And now you're leaving me at the hands of more kidnappers," I angrily yell, pointing a finger in his direction. I didn't care what he said I'm planning an escape. I will not die at the hands of some creepy guy in a mask.

"We aren't kidnappers, we are murders. If I wanted you dead, you would be dead and your body would be left in the middle of a road." He says calmly, all I could was stand there in utter shock.

Did he just say that? Did he just say he's a killer?

How that was supposed to make me feel any better? He practically just confesses to me that he murders people. I feel my head spinning wildly and my chest tightening. I tried to calm myself down, but I couldn't. I had to stay focused. I had to get out. I trembled as I drag myself across the room to the door. Why did I think he would leave it open? Of course, he wasn't that stupid.

"Why don't you try the windows" A voice blooms in the room, and I swiftly turn to face a man, standing with his arms crossing. Almost similar to Daniel's rigid and firm. His chocolate brown eyes meet with my dull ones, waiting for my next move. The annoyance was written all over his face, I had a feeling I wasn't going to like this guy.

He tore his eyes away from me and goes over to the sofa. The sound of the door opening made me jump away from it. Two men march in, wearing uniforms that resemble the ones soldiers would wear. Except it was fully black, and the vest had three white circles interconnecting. Two circles overlap at the bottom and one stands at the top, locking with the ones below it. I find myself wanting to know the meaning of it. It seems symbolic.

They stand at each side of the door with their arms placed neatly in front of them and their feet the same distance apart. I get the feeling that they were guarding the door. They act as if they are frozen, and anyone who didn't see them coming in could easily have mistaken them for statues.

"Tie her up," He orders mindlessly scrolling through his phone.

In less than a minute I was tied to a wooden chair. A part of me wishes that Daniel hadn't left me. I didn't know him at all, but I don't think he would do this if he was here. Honestly speaking, all his actions seem to be directed at saving my life. Who knows, maybe the hospital is under attack or something. Maybe that's why he took me here. He did risk his life to save me.