CHAPTER 19

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇

The hospital hallways were eerily empty. There's a sign at the front desk. 'STORM APPROACHING. EVACUATE TO ST. MARIS'S MEMORIAL HOSPITAL.

Dash had it coming, he failed to mention any of this. After two bus rides and a mile of walking, this was my reward. A crash came from somewhere down the hall, and my feet moves towards the sound. The lab doors were unlocked, and a painful groan echoed through the room. "Stay still!" I hear Kayla's voice say and I open the door. "Greet you're here!" she exclaims.

In front of her lies Jason, my eyes assessed him, his nose twisted at an odd angle, bloody and broken. Tae and Dash holds him while Kayla equipped herself with gloves. She gets a small gauze and applied it to his nose, each step he curse profanities and threatens to murder everyone, mostly Dash. "How did this happen?".

"Dash and Tae got into a fight Jason tried to stop them," Kayla answers irritated with the three.

"Why were you two fighting?"

"Yeah, why were you two fighting?" Kayla repeats the question.

"Personal reasons," Tae responds and Jason's face darkens, he was a second away from erupting.

"They were fighting over a girl that doesn't even like them!" Jason publicizes. "This is what I end up with," he point to his nose, "When you two are around me," he catch his breath then continues, "I don't want to see you two for the rest of the day and if I hear one word about Amelia I will kill you both, report back to Daniel," he commands. They both nod, walking out the room like soldiers, rigid and obedient.

I didn't even know he could have done that. "How did you do that?". He gives me a puzzled look. "Are you their leader?".

"One of."

"I'm going to get you some painkillers stay here," Kayla announced, handing a small compact mirror to Jason the left the room.

"Jason"

"What?" He asked more focuse on the mirror.

"Can you tell me about the Seraphims?"

His eyes connected with mine instantly. A slightly shocked expression laced his features. "How did you know about that?"

"Azim told me, the female one or should I say Dr Redford."

"Of course she did," he sighs.

"Why didn't you tell me about it that night at the church?"

"Didn't think to mention it," he pauses. "Where is Jordon?".

"How should I know?"

"He's assigned to you, don't you notice him following you around?"

"No."

"What do you want to know about the Seraphim?" He pats the space next to him and I quickly take a seat.

"Everything," I told him.

"They are ranked second to the Azims, they can give orders to anyone in the Three Rings. The Seraphims are protectors but unlike other members, they aren't allowed to kill. That is the only rule to being a Seraphim."