๐Œ๐‘. ๐๐„๐‘๐…๐„๐‚๐“๐‹๐˜ ๐…๐ˆ...

By anywayidc

"๐™ž'๐™ข ๐™—๐™š๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™  ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™จ๐™จ๐™š๐™จ" "๐™˜๏ฟฝ... More

(0)
(i) let's begin
(ii) high
(iii) wizard
(iv) nostalgic
(v) upgrade
(vi) invitation
(vii) greetings
(viii) nice
(ix) twin
(x) silence
(xi) stan twt
(xii) bye
(xiii) sugar daddy
(xiv) midori
(xv) ecstasy
(xvi) dare
(xvii) greatest
(xviii) familiar
(xix) attention
(xx) drained
(xxi) limit
(xxii) mediocre
(xxiii) help
(xxiv) emo
(xxv) motivation
(xxvi) happy
(xxvii) iconic
(xxix) abysmal
(xxx) deja vu
(xxxi) setters
(xxxii) suspense
(xxxiii) MVP
(xxxiv) drunk
(xxxv) peak
(xxxvi) onigiri

(xxviii) akio

16.6K 842 1.7K
By anywayidc

before we begin with today's chapter, i have something very important to bring to everyone's notice.

(@/tsumeboshii on twitter)

that's all. ok now let's proceed.

"NIIYAMA HAS WON"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS"

"this serve happens to be the specialty of the tri-wielder, miya atsumu and he's here to see it right now! is this a coincidence?"

"very few pro players manage to do this serve well."

"oh my god can these commentators stop yelling so much", shina, who was sitting in the row right behind them, groaned.

"i don't think anyone else in this tournament is capable of doing this. a high schooler pulling this off is insane!!"

"i agree!! this is why l/n y/n is my favourite. she consistently manages to surprise us."

"her teammates seem just as shocked as the rest of us!!"

"when.. when did she..", riko seemed to be at a loss for words

"when you were whining about not being able to catch up to her, she was going further ahead", nene said plainly.

she was surprised too. surprised of just how hard
y/n would work to get what she wanted. that kind of dedication was something she would probably never have.

the first years were already running to knock y/n over with a bear hug.

"HOW COULD YOU HIDE THIS?!?!"

"I LOVE YOU Y/N SENPAI JUST MARRY ME AT THIS POINT"

y/n laughed, feeling too exhilarated to say anything.

she had been practising this serve ever since atsumu suggested it to her that day when she cried in front of him. it was easier for her to learn rather than a float serve.

now that atsumu was in the public eye, it was not possible for her to greet him like she wanted to. so she just gave him a short nod before walking off court.

once the high of the win died down, the actual exhaustion from playing the match hit her.

this match was the only one they had to play today, so she had the rest of the day to recuperate and rest.

"has anyone seen my jacket?", y/n asked, looking inside her bag and around where they were sitting.

the replies from the girls were unhelpful murmurs, since everyone seemed just as tired as her. so she got away from the team was to look for it as they proceeded up into the stands to watch the other matches.

"great serve, y/n", the voice that greeted her was enough to ruin her day, "must've taken a lot of practice huh"

the girl tilted her head as she looked at where it came from. hirose akio. karasuno's setter.

and also her ex boyfriend.

who looks like:

(yes natsuya supremacy)

akio was great at what he did. people knew him since middle school, which was when she first met him.

they were good friends. they practised together often.

he was the first rival she ever had.

but there was a distinct difference between them.

things came easy to akio. he did everything so smoothly. so effortlessly.

he could put in half the effort that y/n did and still be better than her. it really stung sometimes. but then again, could she blame him for something he was born with?

they went to different high schools. each the best for volleyball in the prefecture. but they still kept in touch.

somewhere between all the trash talk, and arguments about who was better, and the endless brags when one appeared on tv or got called for an interview, they just fell for each other.

he asked her out at the start of their second year. she gained a hot, genius boyfriend and envious looks from the many girls that swooned over him.

he gained a confident menace of a girlfriend and warnings from nene about how he should never hurt her if he values his life.

akio hadn't ever noticed that the difference between y/n and him was so drastic. he slowly began to see what he hadn't seen before.

he hadn't ever noticed how she always stayed back after practice was done for the day. he never had to deal with stuff like that.

it was a simple case of difference in talent. and he used to admire y/n anyway. but since he started seeing her, he respected her so much more.

he just had to go fuck it up, didn't he?

since she trained so much more than him, they didn't meet as often as he'd like them to. he felt neglected in many ways when she didn't respond to his calls and texts.

it still doesn't excuse what he did. it never will. and he knows that.

"thanks", y/n forced a smile as she looked at him and then walked ahead.

ever since he hurt her, she had cut him off. she ignored him whenever they crossed paths and blocked him on social media.

the news of them breaking up had spread like wildfire. people in every miyagi school knew about it.  some were even tweeting about it for like, a week.

it had been over a year now.

she used to overwork a lot back then. it hurt, y'know. she thought they just fit. they were great together. it was the perfect story, wasn't it? why couldn't it have just worked out?

why did she have to deal with walking in on him kissing another girl? why did he have to tell her it was her fault he did it?

because she was negligent. because she didn't see him enough. because she was too focused on volleyball to notice him.

even back then, she had a habit of blaming everything on herself.

"y/n, i tried doing that serve so many times", akio continued, "and i couldn't score off of it even once. it's really impressive."

"akio you don't practice enough", was all she said as she walked away, "you could probably do it pretty easily if you tried-"

"hey", he held onto her wrist and she stopped in her tracks. "do you have a minute?"

y/n sighed, pulling her arm so he would let go of her.

"make it quick"

"another chance, i want another chance"

"are you fucking kidding-"

"i'm sorry", she looked up at him as soon as he said the words, "i'm so sorry. i don't know how to-"

"you can't be serious"

"no no listen to me", akio pleaded, and she could hear the sincerity in his words, "everything that went wrong was my fault. i'm sorry for ever saying otherwise. i'm sorry for hurting you i'm just... i really... i regret how i made you feel.."

if he had told her these words weeks after it all ended, she would have broken down right before his eyes.

but now, she was so unaffected. so surprisingly unbothered by him. because she had simply moved on.

"i forgive you. but i have a boyfriend."

there were so many things he wanted to say, but he had no right so he just nodded. seeing her play today made him finally realise that while he may be may be more talented he would never match up to her.

"come on, are you just saying that as an excuse?"

y/n was about to respond when she felt someone drape a jacket over her shoulders, adjusting it so that it wouldn't fall off.

oh right, the jacket she was looking for. and more importantly, the person who was standing behind her.

she did not even have to look behind to see who it was. what the fuck was he even doing here?

"i think you dropped this", he whispered, and a chill ran up her spine

akio could not believe what he was seeing. the one setter he idolised more than anyone.

"miya-san, i'm a big fan", he held out his hand

but atsumu seemed irritated by the boy, and he hesitated. y/n, who had long forgotten about akio's likes and dislikes wanted to laugh at the irony of everything. she nudged atsumu, who sighed.

begrudgingly, he shook hands with him.

"thank you, what's your name?", he asked

"hirose akio, i've been trying to do your hybrid serve lately", he replied, looking almost starstruck, "i'm a setter too"

"that's cool.", tsumu smiled insincerely, before looking at y/n, "that was a great serve"

"thanks tsu- miya senpai", she stuttered, internally wanting to slap him cause he seemed to be enjoying her struggle

"wait you know her?", akio looked at atsumu and then at y/n

"i definitely more than know her."

"of course i know her", he smiled, "she appeared on the cover of volleyball monthly last month, didn't she?"

"we fucked in a hotel room after that interview"

"y/n, one date?", akio asked, and she could already feel her boyfriend get annoyed

"no i'm really tired, honestly. and as i told you-"

"come on, we haven't caught up in a long time", he pleaded, "and-"

"she said no", atsumu looked annoyed, which made akio confused

"i'm really sorry miya-san, but this doesn't concern you", akio shrugged before looking at y/n again, "do you wanna go with me or not?"

y/n was hardly even listening to akio at this point because she was scared about how atsumu was going to react so she instinctively held onto his arm.

"it does concern me actually", atsumu said, glaring at him

"tsumu-", she was about to drag him away when he blurted it out

"she's my girlfriend"

"she is?", the voice that interrupted the heated conversation was a female one.

and the moment y/n heard it, she knew things were about to get a hundred times messier.

atsumu looked at the source of the voice, realising he messed up.

"akamine"

˜"*°•.˜"*°•.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

angst next chapter?👀

vote if you liked this oneeee!! sorry i'm a bit late

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.6K 47
Suzume grew up playing volleyball with her brother. She was right-handed, but after being so inspired by her brother, she was determined to make her...
325K 13.3K 30
โ๐ˆ ๐†๐Ž๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐”!โž ยฐโ™ก. โ‹„เฆ“ โคฟ๐€๐“๐’๐”๐Œ๐” ยฐโ™กโ‹„. ใ€ด those were the words that started this mess. atsumu miya, a famous setter at your school has found o...
210K 8.1K 99
แด€ แด›แด€สŸสŸ แดกแด€สŸสŸ สŸแดแดแดs ษชษดา“ส€แดษดแด› แดา“ แดแด‡ ส™สŸแดแด„แด‹ษชษดษข แดส แด ษชแด‡แดก แดา“ แด›สœแด‡ แดแด›สœแด‡ส€ sษชแด…แด‡. แด›สœแด‡ แด ษชแด‡แดก า“ส€แดแด แด›สœแด‡ แด›แดแด˜, ษชs sแดแดแด‡แด›สœษชษดษข แด›สœแด€แด› ษช สœแด€แด… ษขษชแด แด‡ษด แดœแด˜ แดษด sแด‡แด‡ษชษดษข แด‡แด แด‡ส€ แด€ษขแด€ษชษด. "๐ƒ...
464K 31.5K 92
miya atsumu ร— fem!reader โ€ƒ((sakusa kiyoomi ร— fem!oc)) ONGOING // uniAU โ€ƒ((text/scriptfic format)) โ€ƒa fic about being uncertain about wanting a real r...