The Getaway

By Laurennn102332

Living with boys is hectic enough, but 6 of them? Wow. Poor little Violet Hansen has a lot cut out for her, b... More

Introduction
CHARACTERS
CH. 1 Where It All Begins
CH. 2 The Interrogation
CH. 3 Intervention? Fuck that.
CH. 4 Authority
CH. 5 Rules
Introducing the Sanders
CH. 6 Don't Tell
CH. 7 Innuendos
CH. 8 You Think So Little of Me
CH. 9 You Don't Want To See This
CH. 10 Bruised and Battered
CH. 11 Red Handed
CH. 12 The Night Is Young
CH. 13 Are You Even Legal?
CH. 14 Double Trouble in Phi Kappa Alpha
CH. 15 A Storm Is Brewing
CH. 16 Welcome to the Shit Show (PART 1.)
CH. 17 Welcome to the Shit Show (PART 2.)
CH. 18 The Morning Of
CH. 19 My Worst Behavior
CH. 20 Hot and Bothered
CH. 21 The Purple Bra
CH. 22 The Player Gets Played
BATON ACADEMY CAST
CH. 23 Just Another Fuck Boy
CH. 24 Sweet Tooth
CH. 25 Discussions
CH. 26 Is It Too Late To Apologize?
CH. 27 Expecting Calls
CH. 28 Guilt and Cupcakes
CH. 29 Code Blue (PART 1.)
CH. 30 Code Blue (PART 2.)
CH. 31 Isolation
CH. 32 Old Habits
CH. 33 Once I Was 7 Years Old
CH. 34 Contraband Club
CH. 35 Hazy Kisses
CH. 36 Crossed
CH. 37 Honesty
CH. 38 Another Day
CH. 39 What Happens In the Cafeteria, Probably Won't Stay In the Cafeteria
CH. 40 There's a First Time For Everything
CH. 41 Family Feud
CH. 42 Dirty Little Secret
CH. 43 Game Plan
CH. 44 Stuck In My Head
CH. 45 Strictly Friends
CH. 46 And, We All Fall Down...
CH. 47 Stay
CH. 48 Cruel
CH. 49 Tutoring (PART 1.)

CH. 50 Tutoring (PART 2.)

13.1K 306 537
By Laurennn102332

By the end of the week, my grade in math was already up to a B.

Spencer and I met up everyday after school, heading over to Kustard Kones to study for an hour or two.

He bought my ice cream every time.

It was sweet, but I figured it was to make up for the fact he disobeyed my orders on Scotty and had him tag along almost every, single time.

That's right. Everyday after school, Austin and Scotty made an appearance.

Sometimes, they didn't even order ice cream. They would just roll in, act as if it were a coincidence that Spencer and I were there, and then sit down with us.

By Friday, things between us felt natural— Even with Scotty.

"Okay," I began, drawing a box around my answer, "It's 72, right?" I asked, looking up at Spencer.

Spencer grinned down at my paper, shifting it over to himself.

His eyes flickered back and forth, "Yes ma'am," he said, letting out a low whistle. His eyes darted back to mine, "You're getting better at this."

I gave a smile, grabbing my paper, "All thanks to you."

Spencer wrapped an arm around my shoulders, shaking me back and forth, "Nah, nah. Give yourself some credit, Violet. You're the one who put in the work. I just simply pushed you in the right direction."

I turned my head to him, "Well, thank you. I needed a little push," I admitted.

Spencer squeezed my shoulders in a side hug, "I'm happy to help," He smirked.

Just then, the bell chimed to the parlor and I looked up with a grin, knowing who it would be.

Spencer and I both watched as Austin and Scotty walked in for the 5th time this week.

Austin drug a hand through his floppy hair, sweeping it perfectly to the side as he placed a backwards hat on his head.

Scotty tucked his hands into his pockets, shoulders setting back with ease— he pursed his lips, those adorable dimples on display for everyone to ogle at.

The Sophomore Boys had a type of swagger to them.

Even in those supposed-to-be dorky Baton Academy uniforms, they looked like Greek gods.

From the way they walked, to the way they talked.

It was in everything they did. They were just... well, cool.

It was no shock their looks played a large role in their popularity. Not to mention their goofy and charismatic personalities.

Austin and Scotty's eyes met mine, and I shot up a hand to wave.

Scotty raised a hand in return, his eyes then floating over to Spencer's arm around me.

Scotty's eyes narrowed, and I immediately felt Spencer's arm lift off of me.

I tried to hide the smile that spread across my face.

From how Scotty reacted to the way his friends treated me, I was getting the impression that he was more territorial than I had originally thought.

It was funny, though.

We weren't dating. In fact, Scotty was the one who hadn't wanted to.

We vowed to stick to friends.

But, now that I look at it— it didn't seem that friends to him excluded some other benefits.

... If ya know what I mean.

He wanted to touch, hold, and feel me. But at the same time, was too afraid to make me his. He still proceeded to stake his claim, not allowing anyone else to place a hand on me.

Seemed like jealousy to me.

Scotty waltzed up to us, eying Spencer in a way that only the two of them understood.

And, without words, Spencer stood from his seat and sat himself in another.

I gave a cheeky grin at their interaction, looking up at Scotty with amused eyes as he now sat beside me in Spencer's previous spot.

Scotty shot a grin right back at me, "What's up?" he asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulders just as Spencer had.

I jokingly rolled my eyes, shaking my head and looking to Austin as he took a seat on the other side of me.

"Hello again, sweetheart," Austin smirked, leaning forward on the table.

I gave a laugh, "Hello, Austin," I sang out.

Scotty gripped my shoulders, "So, you say hello to him, but not to me?" He asked, turning his face so that he could look at me.

I smiled back at Scotty, noticing the proximity of his face and trying not to enjoy the jealousy in his eyes, "Yeah," I giggled.

Scotty playfully narrowed his eyes at me, and we shared a look.

Those devilish brown eyes of his were just mocking me.

"Well, Scotty-boy," Austin began, making me look away from Scotty. He shot a wink at us, "Maybe she just likes me more," He suggested.

I laughed at Austin, watching the way Scotty glared at him.

I then smirked over at Scotty, "Yeah," I quipped, looking him up and down, "Maybe I do."

Was I rocking the boat? Yes.

Was I enjoying it? Also yes.

Scotty shot back a challenging smirk, "Oh, is that so?"

I gave a nod.

"See!" Austin shouted interrupting our flirtatious moment yet again as he smiled over at me, "She does like me more. Must be my pearly whites that get her goin," He joked, pointing to his oh-so perfect teeth.

Spencer gave a roll of his eyes, leaning back in his chair as he crossed his arms behind his head, "Stop flirtin' with the poor girl, Austin. Leave her for Scotty."

Austin laughed loudly, "Spency, I'm not flirting, silly goose," He sighed, now looking over to me, "Im just being extra friendly with someone who is extra pretty."

A blush crept to my cheeks, but I fought against it as I now spoke up for myself, "First off, I'm not to be 'left for' any man," I replied sassily, "Second off, you're definitely flirting."

Austin put his hands under his chin, grinning up at me like a kid, "Okay, maybe I am," He admitted.

A puff of a laugh left my nose and I felt Scotty tense up beneath me.

Oh, the sweet smell of jealousy.

I could get used to this.

"Austin, quit it," Scotty instructed with a scowl.

"What!" Austin boomed with laughter, his eyes wide as he looked between the two of us, "I'm just playing, she knows that."

I pursed my lips, looking between the other two boys as we shared a look of skepticism.

Austin tilted his head at me, "Right?"

I gave a slow nod back, "Right..."

Austin waved his hands around, "See! If she were into me she woulda had her panties around her ankles by now."

Scotty's face hardened, and Spencer held back a chuckle.

Austin was pushing Scotty— it was more than obvious.

But, I guess that's what best friends did. Austin liked to tease.

Too bad Scotty couldn't take a joke. Not when it came to me, at least.

I scoffed at Austin, "You, sir, have a very dirty mind."

Austin tapped a finger on his chin, "Having a dirty mind makes ordinary conversations much more interesting," He sighed out, "And, usually, makes the ladies much more wet—"

My eyes went wide.

"—Austin, that's enough buddy," Spencer immediately interrupted, noticing the way Scotty's nose flared in anger.

"Oh, c'mon!" Austin groaned with a roll of his eyes, "Don't be a prude. I'm just having fun."

Spencer gave him a look, "Well, go have your fun elsewhere."

I suppressed my laugh, turning to look at Scotty who was all-too fed up with Austin.

His chest rose and fell at a quick pace, his eyebrows drawn together as he scowled.

"It's fine," I whispered to Scotty, looking at his eyes that were burning a glare into Austin's face.

"Mhm," Scotty hummed in return, paying no mind to me.

"Please!" Austin groaned, looking over to me, "She's a dirty girl, I can tell. My sweet-talk doesn't bother her."

I pressed my lips together, embarrassment all over my face.

Spencer shook his head at Austin, a pointed look in his eyes, "Are you kidding me? The girl is way too innocent. Keep your corrupted mind away from her," He instructed sternly.

Austin snorted a laugh, "Keep your good-hearted morals away from me, Spency. I know a naughty girl when I see one," He said, forcing a growl up from his throat as he eyed me playfully, "There's always a wild side to an innocent face."

I shook my head, opting out of a response.

I knew this was Austin's sense of humor, but I could tell the joke was far from funny.

"—Ain't no way she's a virgin," Austin continued, now wiggling his eyebrows at me, "Scotty-boy over here knows," He sang, now making a face at Scotty, "We all saw you two sneak off that night The Contraband Club met up."

At this, Scotty absolutely lost it. "Don't bring that up," He sneered defensively.

I pressed my lips into a thin line, my face automatically dropping.

Of course they all assumed we had sex.

Who wouldn't?

But, little did Austin know, that night was anything but sexy.

And, honestly... it was flat out terrifying— For the both of us.

It was a sweet moment that turned so bitter in a mere matter of seconds.

Just the memory of it caused me to go weak in the knees.

"So, we're just supposed to pretend like the two of you didn't fuck?" Austin laughed senselessly, not noticing the discomfort written across Scotty and I's faces.

Silence stilled, and Spencer looked cautiously between the two of us.

He was observant. Spencer could tell that night hadn't ended well. I saw it in his warning eyes.

Austin snorted a laugh, "Oh, what? You're both so quiet now, but I sure as hell heard y'all that night," He said, raising his eyebrows up in a teasing manner, "And, who could ever forget those cute little moans of yours, Violet."

I swallowed hard, looking down at the ground in utter disbelief.

I hadn't realized people heard.

Scotty stiffened, his eyes looking off into the distance.

The room was thick with tension.

Austin stared us down, analyzing our expressions.

It was written all over our faces.

We hadn't done anything that night.

Because of you, my conscious sneered, because you freaked out.

My mind flashed back to Nathan and I's fight this past weekend— his words ringing violently within my ears.

'He doesn't know you can't be intimate with him because of Matteo'.

I cleared my throat, attempting to rid this memory and break from my daze.

Austin's eyes widened as he looked between the two of us in shock, his brain finally piecing the story together.

His lips parted, "Wait— Wha— you didn't...?"

Scotty now shot his eyes up, burning a look into Austin that made him freeze mid-sentence.

"Oh shit—" Austin gasped, slapping a hand over his mouth. He then looked to me, "You're not a virgin, are y—"

Immediately, Spencer stood from his seat, flinging his body on top of Austin's and effectively silencing him.

Spencer shot me a sorry look.

Austin squirmed beneath him, struggling to breath under his weight, "You're—you're crushing my spleen," Austin cried.

Spencer glared down at Austin, "Shut up, you don't even know where your spleen is."

Spencer then stood, pulling Austin along with him and shoving him towards the doors.

Spencer looked back at me, "We're gonna go outside for a walk. Clear this man's head from all the fog," He said as he ran off after Austin who was already hunched over himself in belly-aching laughter.

And, just like that, Scotty and I were left alone for the second time this week.

I pursed my lips, looking over at him awkwardly.

Scotty pulled his bottom lip in between his teeth, "I fucking hate Austin sometimes," He sighed out.

"Yeah," I said, giving a short laugh.

I was trying to make light of the situation, but I could tell the events of The Contraband Club were heavy on his mind.

Scotty stirred in his seat, now removing his arm from my chair and placing his hands on the table. He stacked his thumbs on top of each other, chewing on his inner-cheek.

He then gave a nervous sigh, looking up at me from under his bangs, "Is it true?" He whispered hesitantly, "...That you're a virgin?"

I inhaled deeply, looking off.

I didn't wanna answer.

Of course I knew Scotty wasn't a virgin, none of The Sophomore Boys were. I'd be stupid to think otherwise.

That fact of the matter was that me being a virgin was just embarrassing. Within the realm of Baton Academy, sex ran rampant. The way it worked here was different. Rather than sticking out for having sex, you stuck out if you didn't.

I looked at my homework sprawled across the table, "Yeah," I mumbled, staring down at the numbers and wishing I was anywhere but here, "It's true."

Scotty frowned and he now turned so that our eyes could meet each other's.

I forced mine up to his, having trouble sustaining our eye-contact.

He shook his head, his normally playful eyes now cold and serious.

"Why didn't you tell me that?" He bit, a slight anger to his voice.

I blinked in surprise, shifting uncomfortably within my seat.

I mean, we weren't really close enough for me to be able to bring it up.

We were hook-up buddies who caught feeling a little too quick.

Did he honestly expect me to just blurt it out?

"Why is it a problem?" I shot back defensively, a sneer now making it's way to my face.

I studied his stoic demeanor, feeling uneasy.

I shook my head back and forth, disbelief heavy in my voice, "Would it have made a difference if you wanted to do stuff with me or not?"

Scotty's eyes narrowed at me as a scowl formed on his face, "Uh, yes," He shot back, glaring at me, "It would've made all the difference."

I felt a pang to my chest.

I hadn't realized he cared— Never thought it would've changed the way he felt about me.

My stomach felt queasy as I stared at Scotty, watching as his chest rose and fell with speed.

I fought the knot forming in my throat, "So you only want someone whose experienced?" I hissed.

Scotty's eyes now widened, and an embarrassed smile made its way to his face.

I shot him a pained glare, being confused by his misplaced grin.

He shouldn't be smiling.

"Violet," he started slowly, fighting a grin as his dimples appeared, "That's not what I meant."

I stared silently, waiting for him to explain.

He laughed lightly— awkwardly, almost.

He then brought his eyes back to mine, staring right into my soul, "What I mean, is that it would make all the difference because you don't deserve to lose your virginity on a couch. Let alone in my basement when we're both high as shit and around a bunch of other people that are over in the next room."

My jaw practically dropped to the ground.

Well shit, I didn't see that one coming.

I fought the urge not to smack myself upside the head.

I really had assumed the worst, I should've known better. Scotty really was such a good guy.

Heat rushed to my cheeks and I immediately lowered my head in embarrassment.

My conscious giggled profusely, Oh my god, you're a fucking idiot, she mocked.

Scotty laughed at me, sticking a finger under my chin so that he could see my eyes once more, "No need to be shy now," He quipped, his playful demeanor coming back out to play.

He gave a smirk, "If I'd known you were a virgin, I would've never tried to do stuff that night," He said, voice soft as honey.

The blush on my face could be seen for miles, and Scotty didn't hide the fact that he loved it.

He took his finger out from under my chin, now rubbing over my pink cheeks with his thumb, "But, hey. I'm flattered you wanted to lose it to me," He teased, his smirk widening.

I gave a shy laugh, pushing his hands away from my face, "Oh, shut up!" I wailed, "Don't go thinking you're special."

My conscious fought an eye roll, We both know fucking special he is to you, she bickered.

Oh god, brain. Shut up.

Scotty laughed along with me, moving his hands back to my face despite my efforts to push him away.

His dimples dented far into his cheeks as he grinned, "Come here," He chuckled.

I tried to shake my face from his grip, but he held me still.

He moved in close.

Too close.

My breath hitched as Scotty and I's noses touched.

What was he doing?

He rubbed his thumb over my cheek again, smiling as he spoke, "I'm glad you wanted it to be me," He whispered.

My eyes widened.

A shiver ran down my spine as Scotty began to inch further in.

And, surprisingly, I let him.

His lips brushed up against mine as his hands cupped my cheeks.

He then hesitated, stopping just before our lips connected.

I could tell he was waiting for a sign.

Something that would tell him I wanted this just as much as he did.

I knew he had wanted to kiss me that first day he came into Kustard Kones with Austin.

I wasn't stupid, I saw the way he eyed my lips. Saw the way his eyes couldn't stop staring no matter how hard he tried.

It's not like I didn't want to kiss him— hell, I dreamed about it, fantasized about it.

I just knew it was wrong. Knew I was making a huge mistake because Scotty and I were forbidden.

And, I would ruin everything in the end just as I did last time.

I told him countless times I was bad news. I told him, I told him, I told him— could the boy not fucking listen?

My heart beat loud within my ears, anxiety consuming my decision making abilities.

I shouldn't do this.

I'd hurt him. I knew I would.

He was still wounded from our last encounter.

If he dove back in, I just know he'd get invested and not be prepared for the storm.

The second my trauma comes knocking, I'd push him away.

I took in a shaky sigh, tilting my head slightly to the side so that our lips weren't as close, "Scotty," I warned, pressing my lips into a frown, "We shouldn't."

My mind flashed with memories, thinking back to how Spencer told me how much I had hurt Scotty.

'Poor Scotty-boy took it harsh. Seemed like you broke the babies heart.'

My stomach churned guiltily as I stared into Scotty's big, brown puppy-dog eyes.

I couldn't do this to him again.

Scotty groaned in protest, nudging his nose up against my cheek, "But, I want to," He whispered.

God, why did he have to make this so fucking hard?

I inhaled shakily, "You told me your heart couldn't handle a relationship of any sort," I whispered back, remembering how he was the one to call us off, "And, it's better that way. You don't need someone like me."

Scotty twisted his lips around, "I know what I said. I just..." he took a pause, looking into my eyes, "I thought I could stay away but, I don't think I can. I don't want to stop myself."

I don't want to stop myself either.

I gave a slight shake of my head attempting to keep myself sane, "We both know this isn't smart. We agreed we shouldn't pursue anything."

Scotty moved in closer so that his nose touched mine once more, "Violet, please," he begged.

Resist the urge, My conscious instructed.

I chewed on my bottom lip, "This isn't what friends do."

Scotty moved his lips over to my cheek, placing a single kiss on it as he mumbled out a response, "I know."

I fought the shiver that ran through my entire body.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I swallowed hard, "This will ruin everything we're trying to prevent," I whispered, feeling my stomach drop. I looked up into his eyes, "I can't let myself ruin you. You don't deserve this, it'll just make things worse."

Scotty bit his bottom lip, "I don't give a fuck.  Ruin me for all I care."

I looked warningly into his eyes.

I didn't trust myself not to break him.

Hell, that day in the car he made it clear he didn't trust me either.

Why was it now that he was wanting to get himself roped up into my mess?

He'd only end up hurt.

Scotty moved in closer, "If you don't want to kiss me, I won't kiss you," He whispered, leaning towards my lips, "But, if you don't tell me otherwise, I'm not going to stop."

His lips brushed mine again, and my breath hitched within my throat, "I know you don't want to hurt me," He hummed, "But I'm gonna take the risk."

I took him a sharp breath, "You're making a mistake."

Scotty pulled my face in closer to his, ignoring my statement.

I could feel his warm breath fan the side of my neck, "Just one word and I'll stop," He echoed, "One."

I didn't speak, allowing him to move closer.

My mind was screaming at me to say no.

But, my heart was greedy— and she ran the show.

Scotty licked his lips, stopping for just a second incase I had any last-minute decision changes.

When I didn't speak, he finally went in, tilting his head down to meet mine and engulfing me in a kiss.

The second our lips touched, it felt like a shock of electricity.

It always did.

Anytime we kissed, there was a spark.

But, this spark was different. Scotty and I hadn't kissed in so long.

I didn't know how badly I had wanted this—How badly I needed it.

My body burned— regret, lust, and love all rising up within my chest.

I knew this was wrong— God, how I knew all too well that I wasn't aloud to do this. How I knew he'd just end up ruined.

But, it felt too good. He was the only one I could be like this with. The only one I'd let kiss me, touch me, hold me.

As my initial shock of the situation wore off, I moved in closer to him, raising a single hand to grip the back of his hair.

Scotty immediately reached a hand down to my thigh, squeezing it lightly in the palm of his hand as he kissed me hard.

His lips were torturous.

He wanted to punish me, make me feel all that we had between the two of us.

I inhaled deeply, the feeling of his hand on my thigh making me want to lose my sanity right then and there.

God, he smelled so sweet.

Just like strawberries. My favorite fruit.

Yet, this time, as I remembered my favorite fruit, I didn't feel sick like I did Monday morning when I was forced to come down and eat breakfast.

I didn't fight it. Didn't resent the taste on my lips. In fact, I fucking loved it.

Scotty hummed, and I could feel the smile on his lips as he pressed his chest up against mine.

He knew I would cave.

God, I fucking hate that he knew.

I mean, I didn't actually hate it. I just hated how well he could read me. To him, I was an open book. Most found it hard to crack me, but for him— it was a cake walk.

Between that blonde floppy hair, big brown eyes, and show-stopping dimples, he knew I couldn't resist.

And, he was right. No matter what my brothers had to say about Scotty— I would ignore all of it for him.

Too bad all my problems would creep up to bite me in the ass sooner or later.

Scotty should've stayed far away from me.

My hand fisted in his blonde locks, remembering the way I had done this many times before.

It felt like déjà vu.

I thought back to all the times we had kissed.

I had selfishly used him to fuel my addiction— to ease my mind and forget.

The car.

The basement.

The hallways in school.

And now, the ice cream parlor.

Scotty then squeezed hard on my thigh, licking at my lower lip as if to ask for entrance.

My lips parted, and he took no time at all to slip his tongue into my mouth, brushing ever-so softly up against mine.

He rubbed his thumb up and down my cheek as he deepened the kiss.

We were making out. Slowly. Passionately.

My stomach erupted in butterflies, and it was more than obvious I was completely and utterly fucked.

I'd use up every last breath this boy had to give.

It's not like I wanted to cause him pain. I just knew it was inevitable.

Scotty McNeal would be the death of me. And, I'd drag him down along to the grave.

He bit my bottom lip gently, pulling it out for a split-second before resuming our hot and heavy kiss.

He dove back in with his tongue, making me well-aware of who was in charge.

And, I didn't mind. I wasn't normally submissive, but for him? God.

I twirled my fingers in the back of his hair, sighing lightly as Scotty kissed me senseless.

His hands roamed up my thighs, kneading the skin of my inner leg.

I fought the urge to moan.

He knew how to kiss. Hell, he was the best kisser I'd ever had.

It made hurting him that much more painful.

He was all sorts of passionate— his entire body moving with purpose. Not a single movement wasn't precise; Calculated to make me putty in his hands.

He was self-destructive, that's for sure. I warned him about me. About how I might push him away. How I would hurt him in the end.

Yet, he didn't care. Or, maybe it was that he had just misplaced trust in me— believed I was capable of much more than I really was.

Maybe he thought he could be the exception.

After a few more seconds, Scotty slowly pulled away, peppering my lips with smaller kisses as he did.

When we finally separated, I opened my eyes to find him staring right back at me— the biggest smirk possible placed upon his oh-so kissable lips.

Silence stilled between us, and I could tell from the look in his eyes he was ready to put himself on the line for me.

It's like he wanted to get hurt.

My face flushed and I coughed awkwardly, "You kiss all your friends like that?" I joked, breaking our silence as I gave him a shy grin.

Scotty scoffed a laugh, smirking over at me and leaning back in his seat, "Only the pretty ones."

I shook my head lightly, "Oh, Scotty," I sighed, "Like I said... you're dangerous."

Scotty crossed his arms over his chest, flexing his muscles as he did so, "Maybe. But, you and I both know you like danger," He remarked devilishly, sending me a wink.

I narrowed my eyes, "How would you know that?"

Scotty pressed his lips into a smile, "Because you wouldn't have let me kiss you if you didn't. You would've sent me away. Yet, you've chosen to play."

He wasn't wrong.

I laughed defensively, raising my hands in the air, "Actually, I think you're the one who craves danger," I retorted, "You know what you're getting into, yet you've chosen to ignore my warnings."

He beamed at me, showing off his pearly-whites, "Ya know, Violet," He sighed, "I guess we're both dangerous. We make for a pretty lethal combo."

A skeptical smile appeared on my lips, "What happens when I hurt you?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

Scotty shrugged, "Well, you hurt me. Simple."

I twisted my lips to the side, "I don't know if I can do that to you. Nor, want to."

Scotty got a devilish look in his eyes, "Why not? I'm giving you permission."

I narrowed my eyes, "You're too pure, Scotty. I don't want to hurt you."

Scotty pursed his lips, staring me dead in the eye, "Logically speaking, you're the one whose 'too pure', little miss virgin," he mocked.

I gawked at Scotty, a gasp coming from my lips, "Oh, shut up," I hissed as I released a puff of a laugh.

Scotty smirked, "Sorry, sorry. Too soon?" He quipped.

I rolled my eyes, fighting the smile that pulled on the corners of my lips.

Scotty gave a light laugh, shuffling a hand through his hair as he looked at me, "Well, regardless, I'm a big boy. I can handle a little hurting," He said, raising his eyebrows pointedly.

I narrowed my eyes at him, skepticism heavy in my tone, "A few weeks ago when we talked, you weren't ready to take that risk. Wanna explain what changed?"

Scotty gave a slight roll of his eyes, slumping back in his chair.

He shook his head lightly, "You're different," He took a pause, searching over my face with analyzing eyes, "And, I'm not trying to say that in a cheesy-romantic type way like every guy does. I'm being genuine."

I soft smile came to my lips, and I moved my eyes to the floor, "I know," I mumbled.

"Good," Scotty breathed, "Because, I really like you. And, yeah— the risk of pursuing this may be greater than the reward, but I like a chase. That's what's changed. I grew a pair and decided to go after what I want."

I pressed my lips into a thin line, "You know... it's not that I don't like you too," I admitted shakily, "Things are just complicated."

Scotty bobbed his head in understanding, "I realize. But, I don't wanna leave. Not this time."

I gave a long sigh.

I pulled my bottom lip in between my teeth, "What if I push you away?" I muttered.

I wanted to tell him about Matteo.

Desperately.

It would make everything that much easier. It would provide an explanation as to why I'm like this and why I'm hesitant to be with him.

I wanted to explain all the reasons why a relationship, or sex, or any type of that matter was hard for me.

But, talking about Matteo meant so much more than just mentioning the assault.

It meant the gang, the backstory, Ian.

It meant talking about everything— Lucas, the strip-club, Los Oscuros.

And, our family had a code. Only a few select people were aloud to know, and when they did— they vowed to secrecy.

I knew my brothers would never allow me to tell Scotty. Hell, I didn't even know if I should. Wanting to was one thing, but actually doing it was another. How could I possibly explain everything?

Scotty cleared his throat, causing me to snap my attention back to him.

He reached out a hand to grab mine, "Then you push me away, I guess.  I won't let you do it easily though. I'll try my hardest, but what would be helpful to our entire situation is if we didn't let other people know" He said, giving me a knowing look, "It gets difficult when other people are involved."

I knew who he was referring to.

His friends.

Cameron.

My brothers— specifically Flynn.

I licked my lips, now looking directly into his eyes, "So, does that mean we're gonna keep kissing in secret?" I quipped.

Scotty grinned, "Well, that's what I was planning on."

I gave a playful grin back, debating if I should take him up on his offer.

But, before I could fully think through our predicament, the door to the parlor chimed Spencer and Austin strolled back in.

Scotty shifted his body away, making himself look completely uninterested.

"Hey..." Spencer started cautiously as he reached our table.

He looked back at Austin who metaphorically had his tail between his legs, eyes lowered to the ground shamefully.

Spencer then looked back at me, raising up his eyebrows, "Someone wants to talk to you," He stated, now looking back at Austin and motioning for him to come forward.

Austin shuffled closer to me, looking at Spencer with a glare.

I glanced over at Scotty, the two of us sharing a look.

Austin then cleared his throat, looking back at Spencer as he spoke, "I'd like to apologize for my—" he stopped short, making eyes at Spencer that showed he forgot his monologue.

Spencer rolled his eyes, mouthing a word to him.

Austin then snapped his eyes back to mine,   "—My bad behavior," He finished, giving me a closed-mouth smile.

I giggled under my breath, shaking my head at Austin, "You're forgiven," I laughed.

Austin immediately slumped down in his previous spot, sighing loudly, "Thank god!" He cried, flailing his arms outward, "That was fucking hard."

Spencer pursed his lips at Austin, taking a seat across from me. He folded one leg over the other, clasping his hands in his lap, "Sorry that took a while. We were working on manners," He grinned sheepishly, "As you can tell, we still have a lot to do," He said, eying Austin.

I gave a laugh as I rolled my eyes.

"—Anyways," Spencer continued, "Let's lighten the mood. Whose excited for homecoming?" He beamed.

Mental-sigh.

My brothers had been chatting about homecoming nonstop. It seemed as if I was the only person at Baton Academy dreading the annual celebration.

I didn't have time to worry about finding dresses, gossip about who was taking who, or decide what color to paint my nails.

It was sad. I wanted to experience that joy, but nothing was colorful anymore.

I looked to Scotty, nothing was colorful except for him.

But, I couldn't even go with Scotty.

I'd have to watch him ask another girl to the dance. As for me— I'd probably just end up at home, crying in my bedroom.

"Violet?" A voice broke me from my thoughts.

I craned my head to find Austin staring back at me.

I rose my eyebrows, "What?"

Austin smirked, "I asked you a question."

"Oh," I sighed out, "Mind repeating it?"

Austin shook his head, laughing as he did so, "I asked who you thought you'd end up going with."

I gave a shrug of my shoulders, "No clue. I don't think anyone will ask me, to be honest."

Austin's eyes widened and he slapped a hand down on the table, "Are you kidding me! Men would line the streets to get a chance with you," he exclaimed.

Spencer shot him a look, "But, she should go with Scotty, of course," He corrected.

"Oh," Austin muttered, "Right."

Scotty and I both looked at each other, simultaneously speaking.

"No," We rushed out.

Austin blinked in surprise, his eyes darting between the two of us.

Spencer frowned, flinging himself back into his chair with a whine, "Why not!"

I opened my mouth to respond, but Scotty beat me to it.

He quickly shook his head, "Not gonna happen. Did you forget or something? Her family hates me. Especially a certain someone we're friends with," Scotty said, referring to Flynn.

Austin's lips parted in realization, "Oh yeah, him," He said as if he had forgotten Flynn altogether.

I glared at Austin, "Flynn is your best friend, don't tell me you actually forgot about him."

Austin gave a shy grin, "I'm just kidding," He giggled out.

I shook my head lightly, taking in a deep breath.

"Anyways..." I started, looking down to play with my fingers, "I don't even want to go to a boring school dance."

The room silenced and curious eyes shot my way.

I looked around, my eyebrows now drawing together from all the weird looks I was getting.

Austin finally broke the silence as he tilted his head at me, "Dance?" He asked.

Confusion was evident in his eyes.

I looked to the rest of the boys, whose eyes held the same confused looks.

Why were they all looking at me funny?

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Yeah...? Homecoming is usually a school dance, is it not?"

At this, Spencer snorted a laugh, "Ah, freshman... Your kind are hilarious."

I narrowed my eyes, "Huh?"

Austin leaned forward on the table, giving me a smirk, "What he means is that at Baton Academy, we do homecoming a little different."

I pressed my lips into a thin line, "Go on."

Austin rubbed his hands together, his eyes glowing in excitement, "Nobody goes to the school dance, it's fucking lame. Usually, what we do instead is have a senior throw a huge homecoming bash," He rushed out.

No dance? I've never heard of that before.

My lips parted and I nodded my head in realization, "Ah, so you guys just throw a huge party and call it homecoming?"

Austin nodded, "Yep, it's amazing. Everyone gets super fucked up and we all listen to live music."

"Oh, nice. Sounds fun," I smiled.

Except the getting 'super fucked up' part...

I hadn't had the best experiences with alcohol or drugs of any sort.

Spencer grinned in agreement, "Sure is. And, this year Scotty-boy and his band are our live music," He said as he reached over to pat Scotty on the back.

Scotty gave a shy smile, shaking his head at his friends with a laugh.

I turned my eyes to Scotty,  "How come you never mentioned that to me? I'll be excited to see you play if I even end up going," I said with a chuckle.

He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, I didn't think about it I guess."

"Hm," Austin hummed, "Well, he told everyone else."

Spencer shot a warning look at Austin, "Manners," He reprimanded.

My eyes narrowed at Scotty and he pressed his lips into a thin line.

Why hadn't he told me he was playing? Or the fact that homecoming wasn't even homecoming at all?

Austin cleared his throat, "Uh. Anyways!" He shouted, now turning to look at me with an awkward smile, "Why do you seem skeptical about going? You gotta come, it's the party of the year."

I broke my grueling eyes away from Scotty, deciding to let him off the hook for now. I gave a shrug to Austin, tucking my lips in, "I mean, I probably won't know the senior who is throwing it," I said with a sigh, "I'm not like you guys who know everybody. I don't think I'll even get invited," I admitted.

Spencer gave a chuckle, looking between the other boys who laughed under their breath.

I narrowed my eyes, "Why are you guys laughing?"

Spencer gave a slight raise of his eyebrows, "It's just funny."

I shook my head, "What is?"

"The fact that you think you won't get invited," He laughed.

I waved my hands around, "Well, yeah. It's not like I know many seniors besides my brother, Kade, and his friend Nathan," I said.

Spencer looked over to Austin and they shared a look. Austin then looked me up and down, "It doesn't matter if you know any seniors or not. You're one of us now. Of course you'll get invited, sweetheart."

You're one of us now.

I tried to ignore the way that sentence made me feel.

The Sophomore Boys always had a way of making people feel like they belonged. And, god knows belonging was something I desperately needed.

I cleared my throat, starting up conversation again, "But, how do you know for sure?" I asked with a shake of my head.

Scotty now gave a chuckle, glancing over and shooting me a wink. He folded his hands on top of the table, giving me a knowing smirk, "We know for sure because you're already friends with the senior who is throwing the party," He mused.

Our eyes locked and those brown orbs of his searched mine.

I was already friends with the senior throwing it?

One side of Scotty's lip twitched up in a smirk as he tilted his chin upwards, waiting for my brain to turn gears and catch onto who this senior was.

After a few solid seconds, my lips parted and I looked between the three of them in shock.

"Quinn?"

They nodded simultaneously.

My eyes widened, "Oh, wow. Okay," I replied in a lighter voice.

Austin scrunched his nose up at me playfully, "Yep! So, you're obviously going," He said knowingly.

I twisted my lips around, "What do I even wear?"

I hadn't even thought about it.

What color dress would compliment my skin?

What type of shoe would be the best to dance in?

What nail shape was best fitting for a non-homecoming-homecoming?

Austin huffed a laugh, "A cocktail dress, duh."

Okay, cocktail dress. At least I have that part down.

I looked between the three boys, "You guys will all be wearing suits?" I asked.

Austin laughed again, "Sweetheart, do you seriously not know what to wear to a homecoming?"

Well, not really.

I scoffed at Austin, reaching over to shove his shoulder, "Hey, you guys are having a rager in someone's living room— I wouldn't be surprised if you just threw on jeans and a t-shit and called it a day. So, excuse me if I didn't assume you'd wear typical homecoming attire to a house party," I retorted with a laugh.

Spencer snorted a laugh at my response, looking over at Austin.

"Well," Spencer began with a chuckle, "Just wear something hot," He quipped, throwing a wink over at me.

I shook my head with a laugh, looking over to Scotty who gave me a look that said he seconded Spencer's suggestion.

"—And short," Austin added on with a cheeky smile, "Gotta be short."

Spencer glared over at Austin, "Manners, Austin. How many times do I have to tell you," he groaned.

Austin's mouth fell open and he pointed an accusing finger at Spencer, "What! So you can request for Violet to wear a 'hot' dress but I can't ask for a short one?" He cried out in protest.

Spencer gave him a stern look, "Yes, because unlike you, I'm not a predator."

Austin put a hand on his chest, gasping as he did so, "Who! Me? Never."

Scotty and I turned to look at each other, shaking our heads with laughter.

"Austin, buddy. Don't lie to yourself now," Scotty said with a sigh.

Austin rolled his eyes as he slumped back into his seat, "Oh, please," He grumbled, "Don't even pretend like you two are saints," He said as he eyed Scotty and Spencer, "I know you're both just as horny as I am."

Spencer and Scotty both went silent, their cheeks turning pink.

I laughed under my breath, tucking my lips into my mouth as I studied the boy's embarrassment.

Spencer stared over at Austin with a pestered look, "Well, that's their cue to leave. You two ready to head out?" He asked, looking between Scotty and Austin.

Austin gaped at Spencer, puffing out his bottom lip, "You asking us to leave, Spency?"

Scotty rolled his eyes at Austin.

He then pulled himself out of his chair, glaring down at Austin whose eyes showed just how clueless he was, "You, Austin," Scotty hugged out, "Spencer's asking you to leave. I just happen to be stuck riding with you," He said with a shake of his head as motioned for Austin to stand.

Scotty shot me a discrete wink, and I hid the smile that washed across my face.

Austin sat firm, his arms crossed over his chest like a child.

"I'm not leaving," Austin declared.

Spencer and Scotty both shot Austin stern looks as if he were a disobedient child that refused his parent's orders.

Austin popped a challenging eyebrow.

"Austin..." Scotty growled from under his breath, "My dad won't be happy if I'm home too late."

"Ugh," Austin groaned from his seat, "But, I'm having so much fun talking to our new, sexy, best friend," He said as he stuck his hands underneath his chin, grinning over at me.

Not the time, Austin.

Scotty rounded the table to where Austin sat before yanking hard on the collar of his uniform.

My eyes filled with some twisted type of excitement.

Seeing Scotty be dominant was a new look, and it sure as hell wasn't a bad one.

Austin immediately rose from his seat, smirking at Scotty who still had a hold on him, "Chill, chill," Austin laughed.

Scotty clenched his teeth before shoving Austin off towards the front door, "We're gonna work on your manners some more," Scotty growled under his breath as he shooed his friend off.

I pressed my lips into a thin line, hiding my giddy smile.

My eyes traced Scotty's scowl, attempting to ignore how hot he looked when he was upset.

Again... that darn twisted excitement.

Spencer gave a huff of his laugh before saluting Scotty, "Bye bye, Scotty-boy. See you at the game tonight."

Game?

My ogling of Scotty came to a halt and I looked to Spencer, realizing what game he had meant.

There was another football game of West's I was supposed to be at tonight.

— Cue the eye-roll.

Scotty gave Spencer a thumbs up, "See you there, Spency," He called before walking out the parlor's front door.

As soon as the two boys exited, Spencer looked over at me with a smirk, "Will you be joining us at the game as well? I can drive you if you'd like," He started, leaning forward on the table.

I gave a reluctant sigh, leaning back in my seat to distance myself from him, "I don't know, Spencer. Probably not."

I couldn't go to the game. The Sophomore Boys would expect me to sit with them. And them, meant Scotty. Scotty whom I was supposed to stay away from— Scotty whom I just made out with.

My stomach churned, thinking back to only minutes ago when Scotty's lips were on mine— so soft yet so torturous.

Spencer gave an irritated huff, "I bet if Scotty had asked you, you'd be jumping at the opportunity to say yes," He complained.

I rolled my eyes, "Not true."

Spencer gave a taunting smirk, "Is too. You never want to do anything unless he's involved."

I narrowed my eyes, "Negative. I actually told you I wanted to stay away from Scotty. Us hanging out is merely because of you and your sneaky antics," I remarked.

Spencer pursed his lips, "Touché."

I gave a nod of my head, now looking down at my homework and picking up my pencil to start on another problem.

After a couple minutes of silence, I felt Spencer place his hand on top of mine while I was writing.

I flinched, looking up at him from beneath my hair.

I slowly pulled my hand back from his, narrowing my eyes in question, "What are you doing?" I asked, giving an awkward laugh.

Spencer's eyes flickered from mine, to my drawn back hand.

He then narrowed his eyes to match mine, leaning forward.

I leaned backwards, mirroring his stance the opposite.

Did he not understand the concept of personal space?

Sure, I liked Spencer. But, not at this close of proximity.

Spencer tilted his head to the side, leaning back into his chair with an unknown look in his eyes.

He stared at me— my eyes, my hands, the way my breath had picked up from how close he got.

What the hell was he doing? Studying me?

I cleared my throat awkwardly and Spencer licked his lips.

Finally, he spoke.

"Have you told him?"

Silence.

I scrunched my nose up, staring Spencer down with a sneer, "What?" I hissed in annoyance.

What kind of question was that?

First, he poked in my personal bubble, now he had the audacity to ask some dumb shit?

'Have you told him?'

Who was him? What hadn't I told?

Spencer twisted his lips around, an incredible amount of hesitancy in his actions. He looked deep into my eyes, "Scotty," He muttered in despair, "Does he know?"

His face contorted in a newfound sadness, and I was now completely lost.

Scotty was the 'him', but why was Spencer so serious?

He looked like someone had just ripped his heart out.

I shook my head lightly, "...Know what?" I replied, annoyed with this game of secrets.

Spencer's eyes searched my face, his lips falling into a frown, "Know about you," He muttered, "About what happened to you."

I tried to fight the way my eyes widened, stifling a cough and immediately putting my guard up.

He couldn't be talking about... could he?

I felt my blood run cold at this possibility.

I decided playing dumb was my best option.

There was no way he could know. So, I might as well not tell him what he could possibly have no idea about.

I gave a fake laugh, "What happened to me?" I joked, my eyes immediately dropping to stare at my papers.

Focus on your homework.

Appear normal.

My heart was pounding in my chest, making my body heat incline and sweat start to form under my arms.

He doesn't know.

He couldn't know.

I tried to convince myself of this, knowing if I didn't, I would lose my sanity right in the middle of the parlor.

While I couldn't see Spencer with my head down, I could basically feel the sorrow in his body language. Sense the way he shifted uncomfortably in his seat before he spoke, "Violet," He muttered, "You flinch when I touch you."

My heart dropped even further than I thought it possibly could.

There was a knowing tone to his timid words.

My throat formed a knot within itself, aching painfully.

"You don't like when guys get close," Spencer continued in a whisper, "At first I didn't think much of it, but now I think I understand why."

It felt like there was static in my ears, muffling out my conversation with Spencer.

He knows.

Oh my god, he knows.

Spencer gave a deep sigh, "I know what happened to you. Don't make me say it out loud," He echoed.

I could sense he was trying to be sincere, but my guard was already up and all caution was being thrown to the wind.

I couldn't keep my calm or let him in. I wouldn't. My mind was now on high alert and I had to protect myself.

I had to.

Instantly, I rose my eyes back to his, a deathly glare within them, "You don't know shit, Spencer," I hissed through clenched teeth.

I could hear the thump of my heart pounding within my ears.

Spencer stared back like a deer caught in headlights.

I could tell he hadn't anticipated my malice tone.

Neither had I.

My head felt hazy and suddenly the room began to spin, rushing with dreadful assumptions.

Someone had to have said something.

Who could've told him? Had Flynn said something?

Protect yourself, my conscious screamed, desperate not to let our secret slip.

My bottom lip quivered and I clenched my jaw to stop myself from appearing weak.

I mustered up my voice, "Who the fuck even gave you an idea like that? Nothing happened," I declared, staring him down as my chest rose and fell too fast for my liking.

Spencer leaned back into his chair cautiously, eyes flickering back and forth with speed as he took in my angry expression.

My body felt hot. Too hot. I felt like I was going to explode. Ruin everything in my path.

Spencer's silence held out, his eyes still wide and filled with shock.

I gave him a grimace, demanding him to speak, "Who," I growled.

My voice broke as I forced out the words, "Who gave you that fucking idea."

Spencer swallowed nervously, his mouth immediately opening at my order, "N-nobody," He stuttered out.

I clenched my teeth.

Liar.

He's a fucking liar.

Somebody had to have said something. Somebody had to have clued him in.

There's no other way he could've caught on.

Was it Nathan? Was it Flynn?

Who the fuck would've said something?

My head pounded with a newfound headache, and I realized I was about to lose my cool.

My fingers were trembling, and that sick, familiar feeling in the back of my throat began to suck my air up like a vacuum.

I couldn't fucking breath.

I looked down to gather my papers in a rush.

I had to get the fuck out of here.

"You don't know what the fuck you're talking about," I seethed as I shoveled my homework back into my bag.

I felt nauseated, scrambling to gather my papers and get away from Spencer as soon as I possibly could.

"I won't tell anyone," Spencer rushed out in defense.

I let out an angry huff, trying to ignore the way tears began to burn in my eyes, "Yeah, because there's nothing to say," I growled, standing from my seat and flinging my bag over my shoulder, "Nothing fucking happened."

"Wait— where are you going?" Spencer asked, now standing from his seat and giving me a nervous look.

I started towards the door, "Home."

It took everything in me not to release a sob.

It felt like my walls were crashing down from all around me.

This was my escape, God, The Sophomore Boys weren't supposed to know— they were never supposed to know.

Did this mean Scotty knew too?

Hell, I didn't even know what all Spencer knew.

This was a mistake. Spencer. Scotty. Austin.

Being friends with them was a big fucking mistake.

I reached for the door handle, and instantly, an arm was thrown out against it, stopping me from leaving.

My eyes snapped up to meet Spencer's.

My body alerted from the way his arm was trapping me— From how close he was.

His big, brown orbs stared into mine and it took everything in me not to scream.

Wrong fucking move, Spencer.

"Let me drive you home," Spencer tried to reason, worry etched all across his face. 

My chest began to jolt as I forced myself to hold back a storm of emotions.

I couldn't have him see me like this.

I had to get out.

I blinked away my forming tears, "Spencer, move," I whispered, attempting not to let my voice break.

I needed to leave.

Now.

I needed to run— I needed to go home— I needed to get into my bed where I could release all of these emotions.

"I'm not gonna let you walk home, please— please just let me drive you," Spencer begged, leaning down to my height so that he could see my face.

I instantly looked away, fighting the anger within me, "I said, move," I hissed, trying to push through his body.

Air slipped from my lungs, wheezing in and out of me.

Spencer stayed put, his face filled with caution, "Violet, please. I didn't mean for this to upset you, can we just talk about it?"

He placed a hand on my shoulder, attempting to console me with his touch.

Little did he know, that only made it that much worse.

I didn't want to explode.

I didn't want to scare away the only people who seemed to want to be friends.

But, the terror within me took over and I couldn't stop it.

"Move, Spencer!" I screamed just as a tear escaped my eye, "Just fucking move!"

Spencer's eyes grew and he immediately stepped to the side, allowing me to push through the parlor door and run outside.

I took off in a sprint, rounding the corner of the ice cream shop and starting down the street.

"Violet!" I heard Spencer call after me, but I didn't stop.

I ran until Kustard Kones was out of sight and I was on my path home.

A sob wrecked through my body, and I brought a hand up to my hair— roughly tugging at it.

What the hell was wrong with me?

I began to hyperventilate, the air within my lungs seeming to disappear with every breath I took.

I couldn't breath, couldn't think, couldn't function.

I knew what this was. I knew it was another panic attack, those of which I had been having more frequently than I'd care to admit.

But this one, this one was filled with rage. Burning resent— towards myself, towards Spencer, towards everyone who knew about my dirty little secret. Everyone who knew I had been touched without my consent. That I wasn't capable of fending off the big bad wolf. That I couldn't protect myself against a man named Matteo who was my oldest brother's right hand man. And my god, my oldest brother... Lucas, my god, Lucas.

I stumbled through streets until I reached my house, practically heaving myself up the driveway— gasping as I fought to breath.

Lucas didn't believe me.

Lucas called me a liar. He slapped me. Hurt me. Ruined me. Hell, he fucking left me.

The driveway was empty— all of my brother's cars nowhere in sight. They were most likely up at the school— preparing to watch the football game The Sophomore Boys were talking about.

My body filled with a slight relief, glad nobody was around to witness me crumble.

I got inside, throwing open the front door and dragging myself to the stairs.

My thoughts ran wild, taking my sanity along with them.

I should've never asked for Spencer's help.

I should've known that people would start figuring out. That people would start talking about me and my strange behavior.

I should've fucking known.

I gripped the railing tight, using all my force to pull my shaking body along with me.

I hiccuped against my tears, each step I took causing my body to quiver.

This panic attack had to be the worst.

It was everything rolled into one, a fluid moment in which everything in my life seemed to fail.

How could Spencer's few words cause my world to crumble? How weak could I possibly fucking get?

Everything about my assault took over my life.

From the way my blood pressure increased when Spencer touched me, to how quickly my mood changed when he revealed he knew...

I was a fucking freak show. It made me hate myself even more than I ever knew I could.

Spencer was only trying to be my friend.

But, god. This part of my life just wouldn't allow it. No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't work— I knew it wouldn't.

When I reached my bedroom, I threw my door open, not bothering to close it behind me.

Another sob lurched through my lips, and I brought a hand to my lips, crying into it.

Nobody should ever feel this way. I hated feeling this way.

It was like nothing in my life was right.

The only person who even remotely felt right was Scotty. And yet, Matteo had stolen that joy away from me as well.

While our kiss today was sweet, I knew deep down that if his hands ever ventured south, all hell would break lose— even if I didn't want it to.

I wanted Scotty to touch me, I wanted to enjoy all he had to offer. But, I wouldn't be able to do that because the shackles of my past chained me much tighter than I ever thought they would.

I dug my nails into my palms at this thought.

Would I ever be able to enjoy sex?

My mind raced with questions I wished to have the answer to.

Would I ever feel comfortable around another man besides Scotty?

I unclenched my fists, now looking down to see crescent-like indentions in my palms.

Rage filled my bones.

I wanted to hurt someone.

Break something.

Scream my lungs out.

I took a deep, ragged, breath.

I had to release this anger somehow.

Any way I could, I didn't care what the cost would be.

I just couldn't feel this way anymore.

I refused to.

My cries only increased as I took off towards my bathroom.

I stormed in, throwing the door open with all my might. It banged violently against the wall, but I couldn't even hear the noise because of how loud my sobs were.

I stumbled in, leaning over my sink as I tried to control my breathing.

Everything was moving so fast.

I couldn't breath— god, I couldn't fucking breath.

I rocked back and forth, keeping my head low as I fought to inhale.

Why weren't my lungs working? Why weren't they fucking working?

Tears poured down my cheeks, one after the other.

Slowly, I raised my head, making eye contact with the girl in the mirror.

She looked horrible.

Her hazel eyes were a hazy red, cheeks raw and splotchy from crying.

Her brown hair hung loosely around her face, framing everything I hated about her oh-so perfectly.

As I stared back at myself, I hardly recognized who I had become.

What happened to the girl I used to be?

A grimace spread across my lips as I stared into this girl's empty soul.

I almost hated her more than she hated me.

She was a fucking coward. A weak little girl who let her whole life get ruined by a man.

Men, my conscious corrected, multiple men ruined you and you let them do it.

I swallowed hard, desperately trying to regain my access to air.

Lucas.

He ruined my life the second he left. He willingly got up and left his family behind.

What would have happened if he never left?

Would life be like this? So cruel and unkind?

What the hell happened to my big brother... The one who attacked me with kisses, or chased me around on the playground?

Where was he when I needed him the most?

Matteo.

He took control of my life only a few months ago. He made it seem too easy. Like I just allowed him to steal from me. But god, I tried. I tried, I tired so hard. But my best still wasn't good enough, and he took something from me, something so valuable.

He took my sense of self.

My trust in the world.

My happiness. And, my big brother let him do it. My big brother chose not to believe me even when he saw my suffering.

They ruined my life.

The girl in the mirror had black streaks of mascara running down her face, a resentful look within her eyes.

She hated what I did to her— What I allowed others to do to us.

I glared at her, loathing everything she had to offer. And, she glared right back.

She heaved for a breath, gasps exploding from her mouth as she fought for life.

Suddenly, the girl's lips parted, and she stared right into me.

Her nose scrunched up, nails digging into the flesh of her palms once again.

And then, she screamed.

My ears began to ring as she let it rip through her throat— My throat.

She wanted me to know how much she hated me; screaming so loud that it made my ears ring.

It was a scream of anger.

Resentment.

Disdain.

Her hands found their way to the counter top, and before I knew it, I was swiping everything off— making it clatter on the floor beneath me.

She hated me, god she fucking hated me.

Objects began to break as everything fell; one after the other, after the other. The crashes only meshed with my screams, making it evolve into pure and utter chaos.

I was destroying everything in my path. But yet, it still didn't feel like it was enough. The girl was still there, staring at me with all the hatred in the world.

I couldn't bare her image.

Couldn't bare to look her in the eye.

I wanted to hurt her.

The world began to move in slow motion.

Without another thought, I raised my fist.

I had to get rid of her. Some way. Any way.

I watched as the girl's face turned horrified, realizing what I was about to do.

But, I wouldn't stop myself.

I refused to be rational. The girl in the mirror had to be destroyed. I wouldn't let her image torture me any longer.

Reeling back my elbow, I looked at the girl one last time— her eyes wide and worried.

Time stopped.

She gave me a warning look, begging me to stop.

But, I had no remorse. I wanted to destroy her.

I gave her one last grimace just as I slammed my fist into the mirror as hard as I could.

Immediately, the sound of glass shattering echoed throughout the whole house.

Shards flew everywhere— the sink, the floor, my hair.

The girl was gone.

I could finally breath again.

Air filled my lungs as I stared forward, my chest heaving in shock.

The mirror was gone and so was the girl.

Completely, and utterly, obliterated.

I looked down at my hand, a burning sensation taking place in my knuckles.

Blood was pouring from newfound gashes— running down my hand and coating my entire arm in a bright red.

Holy shit.

The sight of blood made my rationality return.

The gash in my knuckles was deep— way too deep.

I sniffled against my tears, looking around the glass at my feet.

Blood dripped on the floor, covering the white tiles.

This was bad. This was so, so bad.

I swallowed a sob, rushing to my cabinet where I kept towels.

My heart rate doubled as grabbed a clothe, wrapping my hand up as tight as possible.

"Oh, god," I choked out as I put pressure on my hand, attempting to stop the bleeding.

Blood seeped through the towel, soaking the white material in a dark red just as it had the floor.

Oh my god, what had I done?

I looked around the room frantically, my chest pounding so hard it hurt to breath.

My floors were bloodied— mirror smashed and destroyed as the remaining shards coated the entirety of the bathroom.

I immediately crouched down to the floor, trying to pick up the mess around me.

What did I do?

The glass stung my fingers, but the pain I was experiencing was nothing compared to the feeling deep within my gut.

I cried loudly, overwhelmed by all the damage I had done.

Why did I do that? What had I done?

Suddenly, something sounded from downstairs.

My eyes went wide, and I stopped everything I was doing.

I held my breath, anxiety now irking my bones.

My ears honed in on the noise, attempting to pinpoint the source.

Someone had just opened the front door.

My stomach churned as I listened close.

Someone was walking up the stairs.

I swallowed hard, my throat forming a tight knot within itself.

Someone just entered the hallway.

I snapped back into motion, increasing my speed as I rapidly tried to clean the floor.

Nobody could see this, nobody could see me.

Not like this— God, not like this.

My eyes darted up to mirror that used to hang above me, the middle of it completely empty.

Tears poured down my face and I looked back to the mess in front of me, bloodied hand and all. My belongings that I had flung off the counter were either completely broken or damaged. And there I was, sitting on the floor as my world fell apart, surrounded by a mess that only I created.

It was too much— it was all too much.

Footsteps pounded down the hallway, entering my bedroom. Now, the only barrier between me and the perpetrator was the bathroom door.

I shoveled everything that I could into my small trash can, crying profusely as I did so.

The footsteps approached with speed and the door to my bathroom was then thrown wide open, sounding with a bang.

My tear-filled eyes snapped up, coming into immediate view of bright blue orbs.

My chest shook violently.

Kade.

His lips parted in shock as he locked sight of me on the floor.

His eyes flickered from the shards of glass to my splotchy face, "Oh my god, Violet," He gasped, now fully entering the bathroom, "What the fuck did you do!?" He shouted.

He then looked down to my hands, noticing the bloodied towel wrapped around my fist.

"Oh my god," He muttered, staring at the mess around me, "Oh my god, what did you do," He repeated, disbelief heavy in his tone.

I wrapped the towel tighter around my hand, "I-I swear it was an accident," I sobbed, keeping my head low and concentrated on controlling my bleeding.

Kade's eyes widened in horror as he saw the puddles of blood on the ground.

He took another step closer, glass crunching beneath his feet, "You punching your mirror was an accident?" He replied, mouth gaping, "You're bleeding Violet, oh— holy shit."

"It's fine, Kade!" I cried, ignoring his presence and continuing to clean up the glass, "I'm fine!"

He was in shock, face whitening as he made his way over to me.

His eyes were wide and filled with fear, "No, no, this is anything but fine— oh, god," He muttered to himself. He then quickly crouched down beside me, grabbing hold of my hurt hand, "What did you do!" He wailed.

I snatched my hand back from him as tears poured down my face, "I don't need your help," I hissed, quickly shooting up to my feet, "Get out of here!" I screamed, taking a step away from him.

Kade's mouth fell open and he looked around my bathroom in shock, "You destroyed everything in here, what— what the hell were you thinking!?" He screamed, placing his worried eyes back on mine, "What the fuck happened!?"

I shook my head with force, crying uncontrollably, "Nothing!" I boomed, "Just get out, I'll clean it up!"

"I'm not worried about the mess, I'm worried why the hell you would do something like this!" Kade screamed back at me, "I came home to get you for the game and I walk in to this? What happened Violet, please just tell me what the fuck happened," He pleaded.

I continued to shake my head, cowering as my cries refused to halt.

I held my hand close to me, applying pressure in hopes it would stop the bleeding.

I couldn't speak. I couldn't do anything.

I just wanted him to leave me alone.

Somebody seeing me like this was ten times worse than going through it alone.

"Violet, please," Kade hissed, taking a step closer to me, "At least let me look at your hand, please I can tell you're really hurt."

"Kade, get out!" I shouted in response, attempting to back further away from him.

But, my back hit the wall behind me and I realized I had no more space left to run.

Kade progressed towards me, crowding my personal space.

"Stop!" I yelled as I pressed myself into the wall, "Please!" I sobbed, "I— I need you to leave!"

Kade refused to listen, approaching me until he was only a mere foot away from my face.

He reached to grab my arm again and I yanked it back to myself as quickly as I could, "What don't you understand! Get the fuck out!" I shouted, pointing to my bathroom door with a shaky hand.

Kade shoved my finger away from his face, "No!" He declared, a dark look flaming within his eyes, "I can't just 'get out' when you're like this! Look at yourself!" He yelled back at me, now forcing my arm into his hold.

I cried out in pain as he gripped my arm tight, unwrapping the towel and throwing it to the side.

I pulled my arm away with force, holding back a whimper of pain as his nails accidentally scratched my uncovered skin.

Kade glared at me, attempting to reach forward yet again.

But, this time, I used all my weight to lean forward, throwing my arms out and pushing hard against Kade's chest, "Leave!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I catapulted him backwards, "Why can't you just leave me alone like you used to! Why can't you just ignore me and go back to acting like I don't exist!" I bellowed, "I don't want your help, get the fuck out of my room and go back to being the brother I hated!"

Kade fell back, his body leaning into the sink as he reached to grip it for support.

His eyes then snapped back to mine, a look of complete and utter appall within them.

My chest heaved, rising and falling with rage.

The only thing to be heard were my sniffles, and I forced them away as much as I could.

I looked down at his shirt, seeing I had stained it with my blood from when I pushed him.

And then, it hit me.

I was pushing away yet another person who only attempted to care.

What was I doing?

Kade and I were in a stare-off, bitter silence consuming us.

His face then broke out into a grimace, eyes clouding with tears. He shook his head slowly, "I am not the enemy," He grit.

I peered back at him, hair sticking to my wet face.

I could see the betrayal in his eyes as he looked at me, "Do not treat me as such."

My bottom lip began to quiver, and I clenched my eyes shut with shame.

He wasn't the enemy.

What the hell was I doing?

What had I said?

Could I do anything fucking right?

A sob left my lips, but Kade remained at the distance I instilled.

He took a deep breath as he looked around the bathroom, "I get if you're upset with Lance, or Chase, or whatever this is about," He whispered, "But, me? Don't you dare push me away," He hissed, giving me a firm shake of his head, "Don't you dare say that shit to me."

Silence consumed us and my heart ached painfully.

"—I know you hated me," Kade whispered as his eyebrows drew together, "I was a dick, I can admit that. But, don't discredit everything I've worked so hard for."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, dropping my eyes to the bloodied floor.

Kade took a slow step towards me, the glass crinkling beneath his feet to tell me he was moving.

"I know I wasn't always there for you," He admitted, inching closer, "I get that you may not trust me as much— I wasn't the best brother. But, I'm trying. I'm desperately trying to be here for you."

I slumped against the wall, putting my head in my hands.

I inhaled deeply, my eyes filling with tears of embarrassment.

I knew Kade only wanted to care. I was ruining the only chance I had at someone being there for me.

He wasn't the same as he was when we were younger— or even a few months ago.

It was wrong of me to use that against him when he had done so much to clear his name.

Kade stared me down as I cried, his eyes welling with remorse, "I understand that you've been going through a lot," He husked, "But, you can't keep doing this. You have to communicate with me or else I won't know how to help you."

"I— I'm sorry..." I let out a muffled cry, hiding my face within my bloodied palms, "I'm just— just so used to being alone."

"I know," Kade said quietly, "But, you don't have to be anymore."

I slid my back down the wall until I landed on the floor.

I buried my head further in my hands, sobbing uncontrollably.

Kade crouched down beside me, reaching a hand out again and grabbing my arm this time with a gentler approach, "Please," He begged, "Let me help you."

Slowly, he pulled my injured hand down from my face, revealing my teary eyes.

We interlocked sight, and his lips pressed into a thin, sorrow-filled line.

My eyes were filled with pain that he couldn't understand— That I wouldn't let him understand.

He brought my arm close to him, inspecting the cuts across my knuckles.

He rubbed over my gashes, not caring that my blood dirtied his hands.

"Here," He whispered, "Will you let me clean this up?"

My sobs made my body quiver uncontrollably, but I managed to nod my head.

Kade gave a heavy sigh, rising to his feet once again and leaving the bathroom for a split second.

He returned with a handful of gauze and a bottle of something.

He said nothing as he sank down to floor, pulling his knees up to his chest and leaning forward to grab my hand.

He was hesitant with his movements, and I was reluctant to let him see my wounds.

I didn't want to show him what I had done to myself. The pain I caused and didn't feel guilty about.

I was glad I destroyed her.

The room was silent as he wet the gauze with the liquid and gently dabbed at my cuts.

I let out a hiss, my knuckles burning from the sensation.

"I know," Kade mumbled, "It sucks, but I don't want this to get infected."

He was careful not to make any sudden movements, tending to me as softly as he could.

He cleaned my wounds until the blood was gone and all that remained were scratches.

Kade released a deep sigh, throwing my bloodied gauze into the trash and then looking around the bathroom to pick up the last bits of glass on the floor.

Once he was done, we remained in silence, sitting on the ground together.

His eyes wandered the room as my crying continued— taking in the entirety of the damage I had done. They then floated over to mine, staring into my broken soul.

My body shook as I tried to withhold my cries, jolting slightly with every little breath.

He stared longingly, taking in my appearance.

"This isn't about Lance or Chase, is it," He said knowingly.

I raised my newly cleaned hand to wipe tears from my eyes, giving a shake of my head in response.

Kade scooted over to me, slowly reaching out a hand to place on my knee.

He used his thumb to draw a slow circle, "What happened...?" He whispered.

I clamped my eyes shut as another wave of tears rolled in.

I bowed my head, hanging it low as my sobs of frustration filled the bathroom once more.

So much, Kade. So much.

Kade stayed silent, his thumb only continuing it's comforting movements to let me know he was here for me.

"I— I just can't do this anymore, Kade."

I felt my heart clench.

"I— I just—" I stuttered through my sobs, attempting to choke out my words, "One minute I was doing my homework with Spencer, then the next I was screaming at him because— because he fucking knows," I cried, shaking my head back and forth.

Kade attempted to look at me, but I kept my head lowered and eyes shut.

"Vi, what does he know?" Kade asked lightly, releasing a deep breath of air.

I bit down hard on my bottom lip, my head still shaking back and forth.

My cries increased and Kade shifted closer to me, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling my body into his.

He rocked me in his hold, squeezing me as tight as he could.

"About me," I whispered so quietly I wasn't sure if he had heard, "He knows someone— someone—" My words stuck like glue to my throat, refusing to come out.

"Shh," Kade cooed, pressing his face into my hair, "Shh, you don't have to say it."

I buried my head into his chest, crying uncontrollably. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing myself as far into him as I possibly could.

"Just tell me what Spencer said," He ushered me to try and speak, "How did this happen?"

My heart filled heavily as I realized I couldn't mention what Spencer said because it was really all about whether Scotty knew or not.

I didn't want to lie, but I also didn't want Kade to know about Scotty. I couldn't bare to have yet another thing taken from me.

"He said he knew— that he knew everything," I forced out through my sobs, keeping the storyline short.

I pressed my nose into Kade's neck, inhaling his cologne and attempting to drown out the guilt.

After all, it wasn't completely untrue.

I tried to control my breathing as I spoke, but my words came out in short huffs— my cries overtaking most of my sentences.

"I— I don't know how he knew. I tried to deny it, but he could tell— he could definitely tell," I cried into Kade, thinking back to how I reacted when he called me out.

Spencer definitely knew. And if he didn't, my reaction only further confirmed his suspicions.

"...That's why you decided to destroy your mirror?" Kade asked, rubbing a hand up and down my back.

I clenched my jaw tight, my body shaking without my consent, "Kade," I sobbed, pulling away from him so that he could see my face— See how much I was hurting; Feel my pain.

I took in my bottom lip, biting down as hard as I could, "I don't even recognize my face."

Kade looked at me, his lips pressing into a thin line.

I shook my head slowly, "I couldn't bare looking at myself anymore," I whispered, glancing down at my wounded knuckles, "At her."

"I hate my life," I husked, looking around the bathroom at everything I had ruined.

"I don't want this," I looked back into Kade's eyes, tears rolling down my cheeks and landing in his lap.

"I want to eat ice cream with my friends after school," I whispered, my eyebrows pulling together in desire, "I want to complain about homework and tests. I want to get my first boyfriend," I brought a hand up to wipe my eyes, "I want a normal life, not this. Anything but this."

Kade shook his head, unable to console me with words.

But, we both knew there wasn't really anything he could say.

He couldn't take away the pain even if he wanted to.

"...This house, even," I croaked, looking up at Kade, "It— it just doesn't feel like home."

Kade gave a sad nod, "I know," he mumbled, sliding a hand into my hair and twirling his fingers within it, "It doesn't feel like home to me either."

I leaned into him once more, pushing my nose into his chest and burying my face away, "No, Kade," I whimpered, "You don't get it."

He held on tighter.

"What don't I get?" He asked.

I wanted to hide in his comfort.

Never show my face again.

I wasn't sure if he would hate me for what I would say next.

But, I didn't want to hide how I felt anymore.

"You don't get it because without Lucas here, I feel like this home isn't complete," I admitted, "Some twisted part of me misses him. So, so much."

Memories began to flood my mind.

Lucas gave me his sweatshirt when I was a little girl despite all of my brothers wanting it. Out of everyone, he chose me.

His phone password was my birthday.

My throat began to throb.

He left you, My conscious screamed at me, flushing out every good memory I had, he hit you. He hit you, and he wasn't sorry until he got caught. He wanted to hurt you, She reminded me in an angry sneer.

"— It makes me sick to my stomach that I could ever feel this way," I sobbed, "He ruined me— Ruined this family. But yet, I still miss my big brother and I want him back."

My conscious was angry. She knew better than I did when it came to Lucas.

But, I couldn't help but feel this way. I couldn't help but miss Lucas.

The little girl inside of me desperately wished to have her oldest brother back.

Kade rocked us back and forth, "I miss my big brother too," He whispered, pressing a kiss into my forehead.

I cried into him, my sobs muffling against his shirt.

"I just want it to hurt less, Kade. Please make it hurt less," I begged.

He rubbed my back as sobs filled the whole house, practically shaking the walls from how loud I was.

"I wish I could, neonata," He whimpered against me.

"I— I just don't get it," I hiccuped out, "He didn't believe me, h— he— oh, god he thinks I'm a liar."

My eyes clamped shut and I felt that it was impossible to open them.

"I believe you," Kade whispered, putting a hand through my hair and pulling me further into him, "I believe you."

Sobs racked my body and I began to tremble within Kade's hold.

"But— but, he didn't," I cried out.

My throat suddenly contracted, and it felt like my world was coming down all over again.

And there was that fucking feeling.

I couldn't breath.

I shook my head rapidly as I fought for a breath, "He didn't believe me, he wouldn't listen to me," I panted.

Air escaped my lungs faster than than I could replenish it— turning me into a heaving mess.

"Hey, hey," Kade hushed, pushing my body away from him so he could look at me, "Take a deep breath, you need to calm down," He instructed with caring eyes.

I attempted to inhale, but it came out in a sputtered gasp.

"I— I can't," I choked out.

He didn't believe me.

He didn't trust me.

He never would, God he never would.

"Look at me," Kade said firmly, grabbing my face within his hands and peering into my eyes, "Look at me, Vi. I believe you."

Tears fogged my vision and I found it hard to concentrate on Kade.

I was suffocating.

Drowning.

Dying.

"Get a hold of your breath," Kade said gently, "You need to focus on breathing first, Vi."

I gasped for a breath, yet no air came to relieve me.

"He hates me," I forced out as my chest rose and fell with speed, "They all do— they all fucking do."

Kade's thumbs began to move against my cheeks and he held my face firm, "Breath," He repeated with stern eyes, "You need to get a hold of your emotions, neonata. I need you to listen to me."

"He didn't believe me," I repeated, my mind going haywire with a train of thoughts.

He chose Matteo.

Over his little sister. His only sister.

He chose the enemy.

He is the enemy.

And yet, I still fucking miss him.

So, incredibly pathetic.

Even Lance. He cares more about the enemy than he does me. He cares more about the gang and the family legacy than he does his little sister who was sexually assaulted. Who was grieving. Who acted out because of everything that happened to her but he was too fucking blind to see it.

He's selfish just like Lucas. He's just like Lucas.

"—Everyone hates me. They think it's all my fault," I cried out, gazing into Kade's eyes with mine of despair, "Lance thinks I sabotaged him. Lucas thinks I betrayed him. They hate me so much," I gave a rough shake of my head, "But— but, they don't even realize I hate myself far more than any of them every could."

"Vi, breath," Kade pleaded, his eyes wide as he moved his hands to my shoulders, "Look at me. You need to breath or else you will hyperventilate. Please, Vi," He said, biting deep into his inner-cheeks, "Nobody hates you. Nobody hates you."

Lies, My conscious retorted, It's all fucking lies. Kade would hate you too if he knew about you and Nathan, She hissed.

I brought my hands to my hair, gripping tight as my shuttered breaths overtook me entirely.

God, god please make this stop.

"Breath with me, Vi," Kade said sternly, mimicking a breathing pattern and demanding I follow him.

I attempted to, God I attempted to.

I clamped my eyes shut, tears pouring down my face as I felt that I would never get a deep breath ever again.

Kade rubbed my shoulders, "Breath," He cooed, continuing to take breaths with me, "I believe you. I always will."

It seemed like forever by the time my body finally returned ownership to me.

Kade was eventually able to soothe me— the only sounds left in the bathroom being me maintaining my breathing patterns.

Kade rubbed my shoulders, rocking the two of us back and forth as my body slumped against him.

There were no more tears left to give.

No sobs, no screams.

Nothing.

I had never had two panic attacks in one day.

Let alone had one in front of a brother. I was typically able to conceal that darkness from them but now, Kade had gotten a glimpse into what I had really been dealing with.

We didn't speak to each other, the quiet doing all the talking there was to give.

Finally, I forced words from my lips.

"Don't tell," I whispered, "You can't tell."

Kade took in a deep breath, his rocking movements suddenly stopping.

"You cant," I repeated, turning around shakily in his hold to look into those blue eyes.

Kade licked his lips, eyes darting down to the floor.

"Please... I don't want them to know."

"—To know it's bad again?" Kade husked, eyes still planted firmly on the floor, "To know that you're destroying yourself piece by piece?"

He then looked to me, a resenting glare within his eyes.

We were in a stare-off, bitter silence consuming us.

His eyes told me all I needed to know.

He was going to tell them.

"I can't have them worrying," I sniffled out, "They can't know about this," I begged, looking to the broken mirror.

"—This," Kade spoke up, grabbing my wrist and bringing my knuckles to his eyes.

He gazed back at me, "You're hurting yourself. This is going way too far."

It had already gone way too far.

"—Do they even have any idea?" Kade whispered, tears welling in his eyes, "That this is how you live with yourself? That nothing really ever changed since we found out?"

My fingers trembled and I tried to focus more on my breathing.

"Do they?" Kade demanded an answer.

I hung my head low.

One. One person knows.

"Do they?" Kade repeated, his voice sterner.

I remained mute, thoughts consuming me.

One person.

He knew.

He knows.

"Violet," Kade's voice cut through the silence.

He glared into the side of my face, eyes commanding me to speak.

"West," I finally forced out.

I cleared my throat as a tear rolled down the bridge of my nose, "He knows," I admitted in a hoarse whisper.

Kade's body went stiff and he craned his head to see my face.

My body shook shamefully.

"West...?" He echoed after a minute or so.

I clenched my jaw, hearing anger within Kade's voice.

"—West knew and he didn't say anything?" Kade asked, eyes narrowing at me.

I took a deep breath, glancing down at the leftover gashes on my knuckles.

I gave a nod.

Kade let out an angry sigh, shifting around on the floor to get up on his feet.

"How long has he known?" He muttered, glaring down at me.

I peered up at him, tears running down my face, "Kade," I begged, "Please— please don't tell them."

"How long?" Kade asked again, his tone cold as ice.

I gave a slow shake of my head, forcing the words from my lips, "When the others first found out about Matteo," I whispered.

"Violet, oh my god—" He put his hands into his hair, pacing the bathroom, "That was months ago," He hissed.

"He didn't say anything for that fucking long?" Kade rasped angrily to himself.

"Please, Kade," I pleaded, "I asked him not to. Please don't say anything."

"No, no, it doesn't matter that you asked him not to. He chose not to tell the rest of us about you. He's just let you go on like this without giving us the slightest bit of insight," Kade rushed out angrily.

Kade looked down at me, lips pressed into a frown, "I need to tell them," He husked with a shake of his head, "I have to do what West couldn't— what he should've done a long fucking time ago."

A cry left my lips and my eyes pleaded with Kade's, "Please," I repeated.

Kade looked away from me now, staring at the bathroom door, "I love you, but I'm not going to let you keep destroying yourself. I'm gonna stay with you until they get home, but when they do— we're both going to tell them."

Kade then cut his eyes back to mine, "—And I'm going to have a discussion with West. He should know better than to hide this information. He should've told us the second he found out."

My heart throbbed and I stared at Kade without words to offer.

Kade gave a shake of his head, "Don't you be mad at me. This is something I have to do. We both know it is. This isn't a matter of keeping secrets. This is your life."

I said nothing, my eyes glued to the floor.

"I'm sorry, I really am," He muttered, "But, I love you so much that I don't even care about you being mad over this. I care more about your overall well-being more than I do your anger."

I took in a deep breath, "I know."

Kade stepped forward, reaching out a hand for me to grab, "C'mon..." He whispered, "You need to get out of this room."

I sniffled, looking at his hand in front of my eyes.

I was still upset.

I understood his motives, but just because I understood didn't mean it wasn't a hard pill to swallow.

"I wanna stay here," I whispered, "Alone."

Kade released a long sigh, "I can't let you out of my sight after this, you know that," He mumbled.

I remained silent, keeping myself planted right where I was.

"Please," Kade said in a gentler tone, taking another step closer to me, "Let's go watch a movie, Vi. I can't let you stay in here alone."

His words resonated deep, and slowly, I reached out my hand to meet his.

He grabbed hold of me, helping me to stand.

My body slumped into his and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pressing a kiss into my temple as we started downstairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 7.8K 43
she is a innocent girl who has always lived a simple happy life with her loving mother and stepfather-which she doesn't know is her stepfather. ...
380K 8.8K 24
She was just a girl who wanted to know about her real family. He was just a boy who stay in his bestfriend's house more than his own foster parents'...
29.5K 699 23
Alessia is a 14 year old girl, her whole life she has been protecting her little brother, but one day their mother gets killed and they have to live...
1.9M 46.4K 42
Evanna Valentino's life took a turn for the worst when she found her mother's dead body in the living room. She then found out she had six, stinking...