Indigo//X-Men daughter story

By Ccat1605

Erik Lehnsherr always raised Estelle to be proud of who she was. To believe that she was the brightest star i... More

✨Before you read✨
[1] Sometimes you just have to wait for fate to make its move
[2] Fate controls who walks into your life, but you decide who you let stay
[3] Fate is what transfers you from what you are to what you wanna be
[4] Fate only takes you so far, in the end it's up to you to make it happen
[5] We are spinning our own fates, good or evil, never to be undone
[6] Fate brings people together no matter how far apart they may be
[7] You often meet your fate on the road you take to avoid it
[8] Never let fear decide your fate
[9] Maybe fate is choices, not chance
[10] Can you change your fate?
[11] Fate lies not with the stars but within ourselves
✨Intermission✨
[12] There's a reason people like you and I find each other, maybe it's fate
[13] Fate loves the fearless
[14] There's nowhere you can go that isn't where fate meant for you to be
[16] Fate can't make you a monster, but your actions can
[17] Fated to find you

[15] Fate doesn't ask what you want, fate knows what's best, even if you don't

634 18 8
By Ccat1605

As I walk down the halls, I just can't shake the feeling that something is...off. No, it's not the perfectly painted walls or the newly scrubbed floors, it's me. Something inside of myself just seems to be utterly out of place. It's like when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and the moment you peel open your eyes you can already tell the day is going to end horribly. The worst part of it all though, is that no matter how hard I try, no matter how much I concentrate, I still can't seem to pinpoint what exactly is the matter with me. So to sum that all up, either I'm being far more pessimistic than usual, or this is the moment that everything goes completely and utterly wrong. For the sake of everyone around me, all I can do is hope it's just option one.

Jean got up early this morning. I think she said something about turning in a paper? To be honest, I wasn't really paying her much mind. If anything at all, I was trying my hardest to block her out entirely. I'm not mad at Jean, she's my roommate, my friend. Today though, something about her is like a terrible beacon of what's to come. Maybe we're both radiating our suspicions? If that's the case, then this entire situation would have to be a whole lot more real then I would like. So in the end I just come to the solution I seem to have been coming to a lot lately. Out of sight, out of mind. I know, it does nothing at all to help my predicament. But if I know anything, it's that when bad things are searching me out, they always tend to catch me. So if I can escape them for even just a day, then I'll take that choice, everytime.

So to make a long story short, this morning I walk alone to class. Well, up until this very moment at least, when I begin to hear loud footsteps echoing down the halls, coming my way.

My instinct almost immediately open up my mouth to call out to the stranger, but luckily before I can pull off that stupid move my head kicks in and I shut up real fast. After all, no one typically walks this way. You see, about nine months ago I found a seemingly untouched hallway, one that acted as a perfect short cut from my room to the main area of the school. Seeing as this is a huge mansion that was inhabited by only two men for several years, it didn't exactly strike me as odd that there would be undiscovered corridors. What does put me on edge is the sound of someone else coming through. I mean, the only entrance points to this hall are pretty well hidden and the only two people I ever showed this place to are Jean, who is already in class and...

"Estelle?"

I jump at the sound of my own name and instantly tilt my head, shoving the unknown person into the wall.

"Who is it?" I question to no response. "Hey, who-"

My voice falters as I turn around only to see a human sized hole in the wall. I look down to my hands and then back up to the wreckage. I couldn't have done that...Sure, in the past I've pulled off pretty impressive feats but on a normal day I can only just lift a few people, maybe hovor them above the air for a few minutes. To throw someone with that much force...Well it just doesn't seem possible. People don't just wake up immensely stronger. You have to train and learn and study. To be fair though, I'm not just a regular person and as much as I hate to admit it, something like this has happened before. Last year, right before Charles and Hank showed up and whatever life I had was uprooted. Only days before I realized my dad had been lying to me my entire life. Barley one week before he went on live television and ruined whatever trust I could have had in him. So if it's happening again now, if history is repeating itself once again...

I shake my head and wash those thoughts away. That was all in the past, all in a story that's already been told. There's no point in dwelling on it, especially not right now, when there is a semi alarming possibility that I just killed someone.

My feet forse me forward until I walk through the hall and find myself standing in an old and dusty looking room.

"Ow," I hear someone groan to the right.

As I turn my eyes over to him, a frown finds my face.

"Oh, it's just you." I exclaim.

He sits up slowly and slightly adjusts his glasses. "Just me? What, you were just waiting for an opportunity to throw me through a solid wall?"

I lean down slightly and offer out a hand. "No Scott, but I probably would feel a whole lot worse right now if I accidentally hurled some innocent little kid into another room."

We both stand still for a moment, my hand just sitting out in the wind. I nearly yank it back and just continue on my way. After all, he seems unharmed and if he chooses not to forgive me then it's not as if I'd care. Before I can make a move though, his hand clasps against mine and he begins to stand.

For some strange reason, the heat of his hand in mine really sticks out to me. It's almost like a warm fire burning in an ice cold forest. For a moment, it feels like my problems have whisked away and all I see is light. But just like any fire, the realization of it's imminent danger and destruction comes quickly and the moment he's fully on his feet, I turn away.

"Wait, where are you going?" He calls, causing me to send him a glance.

"Um, to class." I state. "I know you just hit your head, but this is a school."

To my surprise, he laughs a little at that. Almost as if I was making some kind of joke.

"I meant where are you going in such a hurry? I thought maybe...I don't know, we could talk?" He suggests, walking to my side.

I just sigh and continue down the hall. "We talked yesterday, right?"

"Well yeah but-"

"So we got all of the talking out of the way," I say. "Now you can go off and hang out with people you actually wanna hang out with."

He furrows his brow at that. "What if I want to hang out with you?"

I'm caught slightly off guard by that and my eyes can't help from widening. My shock only lasts for a moment though. It only takes me a few seconds to see past his words, I don't even have to use my abilities to see through the lie.

"Okay, whatever you say, Scotty." I smirk. "You know, you don't have to be nice to me anymore. I helped you out and now you don't need me. I get it. For both of our sakes though, you should probably stop pretending like that isn't all we were to each other."

He frowns and stops in his tracks. It's pathetic really, the way he acts like what I said hurt him, as if it wasn't all true. Hates a strong word that I tend to use in the incorrect context. Something I really do hate though is facades. Maybe that's why I don't enjoy television very much. After all, it is just a bunch of people lying on a screen in front of thousands of people. I've gotta admit though, Scotts a pretty good actor. If I didn't know any better, I might even say my words saddened him...fortunately though, this isn't my first time being tricked.

He eventually takes a breath. "I don't know if you're just having a bad day or something but stop taking out whatever it is on me. I thought you said you wanted to be my friend."

"Things change..." I mutter.

Scott scoffs. "Alright, whatever. Just know that if anyones acting differently, it's you. So if you shake this all off later, I'll still be available to talk."

With that he just walks off, leaving a pit to form in my stomach. I can't worry about all of this today though. It's stupid, and a lie. I know I'm right about our situation, I know I am...So then why do I still feel so lost?

💙💙💙

As math ends, I find myself staring out of a window, watching the sky to waste the time in between periods. I guess I've always been fantasized with the ether above our heads. I enjoy it more at night though. When the sun has gone to sleep and I can be alone with the stars.

"How was class?"

I turn my head and give a small smile. "Hey Charles...it was okay."

"Just okay?" He light heartingly questions.

"It was great, wonderful. A truly inspiring lesson." I state, my voice practically dripping with sarcasm.

He nods his head. "Alright, I get it. I just wanted to say goodbye before Alex and I leave."

"Leave?" I question. "Where are you going?"

Charles takes a breath. "The other night, after you and Jeans...episode, Hank took me down to cerebro."

I just shake my head. "Why? You said what we saw was nothing, just a dream."

"It was," he quickly explains. "Hank had a theory though that whatever you two saw might have been triggered by an energy surge he picked up on his meters. I looked into it and-"

"Charles, I need you to be honest with me. Is something...wrong?" I hesitantly ask.

"Oh no, Estelle. Everything is quite alright. The tremor was most likely nothing concerning us." He says in a comforting tone

My voice falters. "I-I know, it's just that...I don't know."

A look of concern fills his eyes as he places a hand on my shoulder. "Estelle, is everything alright? You can talk to me, I promise."

"I...after that night, I've been starting to feel different." I start.

"Different?"

I sigh. "Stronger, unusually stronger. That voice I heard, it kept telling me I had to do something. Maybe that's why this is happening, because whoever it is wants me to-"

"Estelle." Charles stops me and for the first time I notice that the window pain in front of me has begun to shake. "Calm yourself. It was just a dream."

I hold my breath for a moment and the shaking stops. "Yeah...it was...just a dream."

He watches me for a moment, seeming to be unconvinced by my statement.

"Maybe I should have Alex go alone." Charles says. "I could always just talk to her later-"

"Her?" I question before thinking things through. "Charles, I'm fine. Whatever you need to go do...wait, what exactly are you gonna do again?"

"Alex and I are going to have a word with someone who was at the sight of the disturbance. A girl I used to know." He explains, a soft tone to his voice.

I grin. "A girl?"

"A woman," he corrects himself. "A woman who I very briefly worked with in the past."

"And this woman, were you and her..."

He shakes his head. "No, we didn't...Well I will admit there were some romantic moments we shared but-"

"Okay, this is a really awkward thing to ask but," I trail off. "This woman-"

"Moira MacTaggert," he says.

"Yeah, Moria. She doesn't happen to be...my mom?" I ask.

Charles's eyes instantly widen. "No! I-I didn't even know her then."

"Okay, okay," I say. "You just don't seem to have had very many flames going so-"

"I had many flames," Charles instantly seems to regret his words. "I mean...your mother was most likely someone I met while at university in England-"

A smile comes to my face. "Wait, so I'm like, full on british?"

"I suppose so," he states.

"That's so crazy," I laugh. "I've never even been there."

Charles seems to smile now too. "Well, unless that's where you were born."

A realization hits me. "Wait, so am I even a legal U.S. citizen?"

"I mean," Charles thinks for a moment. "I suppose it's not very clear if Erik went through the ordinary route of adoption so...maybe not?"

I shake my head and turn to look back out the window. "Sometimes...I don't know, it just really hits me that my whole life was kinda a lie."

"Estelle," Charles sighs. "I know that Erik is very complicated but one thing I'm sure of about him is that everything he did for you was what he thought was right."

I stare off into the distance, processing his words. "Maybe...it's not like it really matters anymore."

Charles bites the inside of his cheek. "I suppose not. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon. Are you sure you'll be alright while I'm gone?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." I say...lying through my teeth.

💙💙💙

I let my fork go swimming inside of my soup as I finally realize I no longer have an appetite.

"Are you alright, Elle?" Jean asks from my side. "You've barely touched your lunch."

My eyes float up to her and I let out a groan. "Yeah...I just have a headache."

She watches me for a moment, seeming to debate whether or not she should bring something up.

Ultimately she opens her mouth. "Elle, we both know that a headache isn't just an inconvenience for us."

"Jean," I sigh. "I really am fine, I swear. I probably just stayed up too late last night."

She purses her lips. "Yeah, but it's not like that's anything new. You never sleep."

"That's not true." I argue.

"Oh come on, Elle!" She says, "three hours a night, half of the week is not enough to function. I swear, if I didn't know any better I'd say your mutation is getting around sleep deprivation."

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "That's funny, Jean. Really funny. Has anybody ever told you that you're hilarious?"

Jean just frowns at that. "I'm worried about you, Estelle. Don't try to push me away like you always do."

I stare at her and my chest starts to burn, almost as if something is inside of my blood, something that's trying to escape.

"I'm not arguing with you again, Jean." I say, shaking my head. "Just leave me alone."

"But-"

"I'm not kidding around, okay?"

With that she seems to understand. As she grabs her tray and walks away, I can't help but feel a sadness ripping away at my heart. Maybe Jean is right, maybe she's been right all along. Maybe I do just push people away. I know the reasons I have behind my actions are valid but...am I really destined to be alone?

The worst part of this all is that she really did seem concerned. Jean knows somethings wrong just as well as I do. She has to feel it in the air. Still, that raises the question, why is it only seeming to affect me? Perhaps I'm just not dealing with it as well as her?

I'm torn out of my thoughts by the sound of others. Her interior voice barges into my head like a cannonball, except for the fact that this inconvenience is a lot more annoying and a lot less dangerous.

I whirl around in my seat to face her, just as she's reaching out her arm to tap me on the back. "What do you want, Jubilee?"

The girl in question looks taken aback for a moment before she plasters on her innocent looking smile.

"Sorry to bother you," she starts. "It's just that I heard you and Jean fighting and I thought that-"

"That you'd bud into my business like you always do?" I question in a harsh voice.

Her smile falters. "N-no, I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Sure you did." I say with an anger induced smile. "Because you're just so nice, and so perfect."

"Estelle, I didn't mean to make you more upset-"

"Well you pretty much failed at that, didnt you?" I question, stepping out of my seat. "Must be a first."

"Estelle-"

I scoff. "I see right through you, Jubilee. Right through your nice hair, and your nice makeup, and your pretty smile. I know your darkest secret because I dont have the stupid lugery of just beleiving that your a perfect person!"

"Estelle!"

"Well I hate to break it to you but you're not! And you know what the funny part is? The reason why you really get on my nerves? Because no matter how bad you are, no matter how terrible, I could never be jealous of the attention you get! Because you know what? I'm a thousand times worse!"

As the last word rushes past my lips I hear a loud shattering sound. As if every window in the country has just broken all at once, sending an echo so loud through the sound barrier that my eardrums nearly burst. A thick wind clouds my vision and within seconds I feel panic begin to set in.

I've done this, I lost control and now everyone has to pay for my mistake. My breathing quickens as the fog whips against my face, making me feel like I'm inside of a hurricane and my body is forcefully being ripped in two. Screams ripple out of me but I know no one will come to my aid, no one can. I'm alone, I'm truly alone.

Despite everything else, the most terrifying sight doesn't appear for what could be hours, minutes, seconds. Right in front of me I see a rip...No, a tear. It's small, maybe only the size of a paper clip. But still, it's there, right in front of my eyes. A place where the reality of our world seems to literally be splitting apart.

The more scared I get, the larger it grows, and the more it rips, the more frightened I get. Before I know it the whole is large, large enough to fit a person anyways. Chairs start flying by and to my utter horror I'm forced to stand and watch as they each incinerat into pure dust, evry itam drifting away into nothingness.

A loud voice suddenly pounds against my skull, nearly breaking it apart. "You have to do it! You have to do it!"

"No..." I cry, my voice only managing a whisper.

The voice just continues on though. "You have to do it! You have to-"

"NO!" I scream so loudly that my own words send me toppling back.

With a loud crash I fall against a wall, pain throbbing through my bones. As I brace myself for the end though...all I hear is silence.

My eyes slowly peek open to see the dining hall back to somewhat normal conditions. The tables are overturned and the kids are frazzled but...the tear is gone, along with everything else it entailed.

I make the mistake of letting in the others thoughts, only for a moment.

'Did Estelle do that?'

'She's crazy!'

'God, she belongs in a psycward!'

'-in a prison!'

'-locked up-'

'-gone-'

I grab my head in pure agony, tears rushing down my face. Before I can even concentrate enough to tell what I'm doing, I'm on my feet running away. I don't care where, all I do know is that they're right. I can't stay here. I never belonged in this place...especially not now.

💙💙💙

I sit on the ledge of the roof, staring off into the horizon. I don't know how long I've been up here, the sun does seem to be darkening though, slightly. My hands just won't stop buzzing with energy. Almost as if they're getting ready for round two.

Am I a coward? I've never really thought of myself in that light. I know what I need to do though, to keep everyone else safe. I can't stay here anymore, not like this. Charles told me I'd gain control, he told me I was getting better. It was foolish of me to trust him. He was probably just trying to be nice, supportive. After all, how could you ever be certain about anything when it comes to me? I'm not a typical mutant, whatever was done to me...I'm different now. That much is glaringly clear. So maybe I'll never be safe. Maybe I'll be this stories end. I mean, that's what those voices are telling me, isn't it? I have to do it...I have to destroy the world.

My eyes drift back to the drop below me and I sway my feet, letting them gadge the drop. It's insanely large. No one without a specific healing mutation would be able to survive a fall. I was never scared of that before, falling was never a thought...

"Hey, Estelle."

I tense up and whirl around in an instant, locking eyes with the boy in front of me.

"S-Scott?"

He smiles slightly and takes a seat next to me. "That is my name."

"You shouldn't be here," I murmur. "It's not safe. I-I could..."

"What? Hurt me?" He questions.

I shake my head. "Yes, Scott. I could hurt you, that's why you have to go. Right now!"

"Sorry, Estelle but you're gonna have to try a little harder than that if you want to get rid of me." He says blatantly.

"Huh?"

He sends me a look. "Well you already threw me through a solid wall earlier. I'm still here though, aren't I?"

I take in his words for a moment, letting them sink in.

"Why?" I finally ask. "Why do you care about me?"

He shrugs. "You're my friend. I've only known you for a few days and you're already the coolest person I've ever met."

"I'm not cool, Scott." I say in a hard voice. "I'm dangerous, and uncontrollable, and...a freak."

Scott pauses at that but doesn't turn away from my face. He just stares into my eyes, his red lenses glinting in the sunlight.

"You're not a freak, Estelle." He says, letting his lips slightly curve upward. "Despite what people say, being better doesn't make you bad. It just makes them feel weak."

I watch him for a moment and time seems to still. My mouth opens and closes silently as if I'm one of those stupid fish in the sea. A feeling washes over me and covers up the one I've been feeling all day. It's something new, something raw. Something that I can't seem to find the right word for. It's like my stomach is doing a somersault and my face is caught on fire. On paper that all sounds so horrible, but in reality...it's kind of nice.

Eventually I shake my head and the transe I was under seems to somewhat dile down.

A nervous laugh leaves my lips. "You stole my line."

"It was a good one," he states.

I play with my hands in my lap, my palms seeming to somewhat sweat. That's odd, it's not even too hot out today.

"How'd you find me?" I question, trying to get back on topic.

He looks around. "I just kinda figured you'd be up here. It is your spot."

"My spot?" I raise a brow.

He smiles slightly and turns back towards me. "Yeah, your spot...or I mean, I don't know, maybe it could be our spot?"

With that something seems to click in my reflexes and I stand straight up, staring down at him with wide eyes.

"N-no," I mutter. "This can't be our spot because there's no our. To have an our you have to have an us. And to have an us we'd have to be friends."

He deadpans. "We are friends."

"Says who?" I argue.

"Says me, and actually, says you. Yesterday." He states as if it should be obvious.

I bite my lip. "I just don't get you."

"You don't get me?" He repeats my words, standing at my side.

"No, I don't." I say, "why would you want to be my friend?"

He sighs. "Because your funny, and smart, and confident-"

"So what?" I question. "You saw what I did down there. I nearly killed you, nearly killed everybody. You'd have to be crazy to want to be my friend after that."

"Well," he thinks, "I never said I was completely sain."

We stand still for a moment and let the wind mess around with our hair. I want to run off again. I want to leave. But for some reason...my feet just won't move.

"Fine," I finally exhale, taking my hesitance as some kind of sign. "Maybe we are friends, maybe."

He frowns. "Come on, Estelle. Give me a break."

"Whatever," I breath out. "We can be...friends. Just don't go changing your mind, okay? I get it, people leave all the time. I'm just...I'm sick of being left behind, alright? So if you suddenly change your mind and don't want to hang out with me anymore, at least give me a thirty days notice."

He laughs a little and before I can help it I'm laughing too. Maybe I can trust Scott...then again, is that really the problem here. Or all along, has it been the fear of having to let him trust me?

💙💙💙

The white paper beneath me crinkles as I slightly fidget from where I now sit, on a table in Hanks lab/infirmary. After talking with Scott, he walked down here with me. I didn't even have to ask him too...he just did. It was slightly odd. I guess I'm just not used to being so easily forgiven. If that's even what just happened. Honestly, the longer I stay in silence, the louder my conflicting thoughts become. On one hand it's, I don't know, kinda nice I guess. Having someone behind me, without the underlying fear of having our trust be broken. It's been a while since I've had someone who could make me feel that way...secure. On the other hand though, I just can't stop thinking about how he shouldn't be so supportive of me, not now. Not when everything about me seems to be rotting away, turning into something darker.

Needless to say, I let out a sigh of relief when Hank walks back into the room.

"So what's wrong with me?" I question immediately, a semi unwanted grim tone to my voice.

He furrows his brow and almost seems to be hiding his paperwork against his chest. "Estelle, there's nothing wrong with you."

I let out an exasperated laugh and shake my head. "Dont lie to me, Hank."

"I'm not lying-"

I put a finger to my forehead. "Yes, you are...don't make me find out whatever it is myself."

He frowns. "Estelle, before I tell you anything, I need you to know that it's not as bad as it sounds."

A rock seems to drop into my chest. 'Not as bad as it sounds,' that's not reassuring in the slightest.

"Hank," I take a breath. "I can feel it. Whatever it is...it's growing. I'm losing control."

"Estelle-"

I interrupt him, "no. Don't try and weave some story about me getting better. I'm clearly not 'getting better.'"

"You are," he attempts to reassure me. "You are, it's just that..."

"That I'm right," my voice comes out shaky. "I'm getting more powerful, I'm losing control...just like before."

Hank bites his lip, "you can control it, Estelle."

A single thought runs through my head.

"Liar," I mutter.

The room becomes quiet once more. It's almost as if neither of us dare to speak. Like the slightest noise could cause an avalanche and end with everything that's been built falling apart...maybe it could.

I try to level out my voice. "I thought the headband would help. I...You know, it's funny actually. I actually thought all the bad stuff was behind us."

"You can talk to me," Hank says. "You can tell me if anything has been different. If you think something could have set this off-"

I blurt, "my dream. Or well, Jeans dream too."

He opens his mouth as if he wants to stop this topic from being discussed, like he wants to tell me it was nothing but in an instant he seems to change his mind. "What did you see? What did you hear?"

💙💙💙

By the time I get back to my room and start my homework, the sky outside is already pitch black and the moon is saying hello. Jean's currently on her own bed, finishing up her history paper. Neither of us have talked yet. I just...I was harsh with her earlier and then...you know. I desperately want to dig around in her head, figure out how she feels about it all. In the end I know that's easier said than done. Sneaking into Jean's head undetected is a feat on it's own. She's pretty guarded.

Instead, I finish up my math work and focus intently. 'Hey, Jean.'

She turns at the sound of my voice in her head. I've opted to only brush the surface level. There's no point in going any deeper.

'Hi, Elle.'

"I'm..." My voice gets caught in my throat and I suddenly regret speaking aloud. "I'm sorry."

She nods her head. "I know."

"I took out my own problems on you, you didn't deserve that."

Jean just nods her head once again. "I know."

"So...I'm sorry."

"Yep," she replies.

Finally I drop my notebook. "Can you just talk to me, Jean?"

"I am talking to you."

"In full sentences, please?" I ask.

Shockingly, a small smile breaks out onto her face. "I'm just messing with you, Elle. I get it. You wanted to be alone. You could feel the disaster coming."

"You know," I slightly grin too, "you're the first person to actually acknowledge how terrible what happened at lunch was."

She turns towards me, a more serious look taking her over. "Yeah, what did happen?"

"I..." I shuffle under her stare. "I don't really know."

She sends me an acknowledging look and starts packing up her school work. "So, anything else happen today?"

I note her attempt at changing the topic, but ultimately decide to just go along with it.

"Not really," I shrug. "I talked to Scott again, I guess we're cool now."

Jean smiles. "Wait, you actually gave him a second chance?"

"Eh," I say. "More like I realized the first chance hadn't really been used up yet."

"Elle...I feel like we can tell eachother things, secrets, right?"

I knit my brows. "Um, I guess."

"I think I," a grin breaks out across her face. "I think I like Scott."

"Yeah, you made that pretty obvious last night." I say, casurally.

She sighs. "No, I mean, I think I have a...crush on him."

My eyes slightly widen at that and my pencil slips out of my hand.

"Oh."

She levitates my pencil back to my grip. "He's just so nice...We hung out again today."

"When?" I question.

She seems to think it over. "Maybe an hour ago? Why?"

"No reason," I spit out. "Just...are you sure?"

"Pretty sure," she smiles.

I just shake my head. "You've only known him for a few days, h-how could you..."

"I know this is going to sound totally cheesy but," she shrugs, "it was kinda like love at first sight."

I groan. "Oh come on, there's no way that can actually be a thing."

She points to me. "That's what I thought too but...I guess I was wrong."

"So, you're in love with Scott?" The words taste like acid on my tongue.

I'm not sure why, but that sentence just sounds...wrong.

"Yep," she says, lying down at the edge of my bed. "What about you, Elle? I feel like we never talk like this. Do you have a crush on anyone?"

I think over her words, letting them sink into my skin. "I-I don't think I've ever been in love."

"Not even with..." Jean turns to me mischievously. "Timothee Brant?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Who?"

A surprised look takes on Jean. "That kid who always tries to pay for your lunch."

"Food here is free."

"Yeah, but he doesn't know that," she says.

I shake my head. "He's an idiot."

"He's cute."

"Then why don't you go and date him?" I question.

She lifts her hands into the air and sits up. "Fine, whatever. So, now that we're both done with our homework, you wanna go watch some tv in Mr. Mccoys secret television room?"

"You haven't told anyone else about that, have you?" I ask, thinking back to when Hank first showed it to me.

It was last year, back when we were still trying to change the future.

"My lips are sealed," she promises. "But I did hear that The Parent Trap is playing at seven."

"The what?"

She says, "you know the movie with the two blonde girls who cut their hair and...You've really never seen The Parent Trap?

I shrug. "TV's not really my thing."

"What? TV-" She cuts herself off. "You know what, we're gonna have this conversation later. Wanna come watch it with me or not?"

"We could read?" I suggest.

"Or we could watch The Parent Trap."

I bite my lip, "or we could listen to music?"

"Or we could watch The Parent Trap."

Finally I give in and come to my feet. "Fine, but this better be good."

💙💙💙

I shift under my covers as a cold breeze comes through my bedroom window. After we watched The Parent Trap, which was surprisingly interesting, Jean practically forced me to try and get some sleep. I want to stay up, I want to do anything to avoid closing my eyes but unfortunately my body seems to have other plans.

Before I know it, exhaustion grabs a hold of me with it's destructive hands and the world fades to black. A whisper seems to fill my ears though, almost as if someone is trying to talk to me. Maybe Jeans still up? The whisper doesn't sound like her though. It sounds...freakily familiar.

I try to reach for the words, to grasp what is being said. Slowly, moment by moment, the whisper becomes clearer. All up until I feel a shiver run down my spine.

'You have to do it.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3K 27
COMPLETED 🔐 Charles Xavier (young) x reader, a story beginning in the movie timeline of first class and continue. "He gave you a family, he showed y...
28.6K 1.1K 40
"Mutation is the key to our evolution. The process is slow, normally taking thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forw...
188K 4.8K 26
Evelyn Lensherr is the sister of Erik Lensherr. Like him, she has an amazing mutant ability. As children, they were tortured and experimented on by t...
77.8K 1.8K 83
Layla Pierce has been anything but normal, and ever since the tragic accident with her family, she has made sure to stay in the background. That is u...