Redemption * On Hold *

Katherine101 द्वारा

What if you were at the end of the line ? What if you were barely hanging onto life by a thread . What if you... अधिक

Redemption
Copyright
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 3

157 7 2
Katherine101 द्वारा

* Anne *

I guess I'd taken a nap because I woke up to my mother calling my name and Pooka licking my hand . I got up with a groan and slid down the stairs . 

" What ? " I asked , crossing my arms as I walked into the kitchen and froze seeing Kendal and James . 

" Have you met Kendal and James ? " my mother asked as if it was nothing .

I cleared my throat and nodded . 

" Mmmhmm . What are they doing here anyways ? Last time I checked , they lived across the street . " I said , leaning in the doorway .

My mother shot me a glare . 

" I appologize for Annie . She can be ... difficult . " my mother said.

I pushed passed them and grabbed a glass of apple juice .

" I think she's rather interesting . " James said , giving me a small smile.

I gave him an " Oh really ? " look and rolled my eyes , walking back to my place int he doorway .

" I invited Kendal and James over for diner . " my mother said .

My jaw dropped .

" Seriously ? "

" Yeah , I think it'd be a good idea to get to know our new nieghboors ." my mother said .

Kendal chuckled .

" Mrs.Barrett , we actually have one more roomate . " he said .

My mother's smile only widened .

" The more the merrier . Isn't that right, Anne ? " she said , glancing over at me .

" Even better . " I said sarcastically .

" Wonderful ! Thank you for inviting us into your lovely home . " James smiled even wider .

" Lovely as in better then yours ." I muttered ,walking out of the room . 

" Where are you going ?! " my mother called after me .

" Will's ! " I called over my shoulder with a roll my eyes .

She sighed . 

" Be back before diner ! " she called .

I nodded . 

" I don't have a choice , remember  ?! " I said , walking out the door .

I hadn't realized that Pooka had gotten out and had run out across the street . I gasped as I saw a car coming fast around the corner and knew that Pooka probably wouldn't make it . I started running towards him, not really knowing what I was going to be able to do about it . Just before the car hit Pooka , I saw someone dart out in front of the car and grab my dog , jogging safely with him to the other side of the road . The car saw that the cul-de-sac was a dead end and when they went to turn around , I ran up to thier car . 

" Who the hell do you think you are?! What do you think you were doing , huh ?! This is a nieghboorhood , not a speedway ! " I yelled at them . 

 The guys in the front rolled down the window and looked me over . 

" Hey , baby . " the one driving said, looking me over .

I shot him a death glare .

" Excuse you , you pigheaded nancy-boy hair gel wearing ass , I asked you a question .  This is a development ! Get the hell out . " I hissed .

He looked me over once again . 

" The only type of development I see hear is ----- " he was cut off by someone clearing thier throat .

" That's really no way to talk to a lady . " said the flawless velvety voice .

I turned around to see the guy that had saved my puppy and he was the most handsome man I'd ever seen . I'd never seen anyone look like that before . There was something about him that intrigued me .

" Look , honey , why don't you climb in the backseat . " they said , ignoring the guy .

I shook my head . 

" Hell no ! " I said , taking a step closer to the other guy .

" Suit yourself . " he winked and threw his cigarette at my feet , before beeping his horn really loudly , driving off..

I stuck up my middle finger at them and then turned around , clearing my throat at the guy , looking down a little embarressed as he handed me Pooka .

" Thanks . " I said , looking down .

" No problem . " he said politely .

We both stood there for a moment in silence looking at eachother and then he extended his hand to me .

"Alek Aristov . And you are ? " he asked politely .

" Annie . Annie Barrett. " I said , shaking his hand . 

He gave me a small smile .

" And where would a beautiful girl like you be heading off to ?" he asked curiously .

I smiled in return. 

" I was heading down to the water. " I said , scratching the back of my head .

He looked amused .

" That narrows it down . " he muttered sarcastically .

I didn't know why , but  was drawn for him and I felt like I wanted to be with him.

" Uh , yeah. Lot of water around here . " I said , rolling my eyes .

" I wouldn't know . " he said .

" Not from here ? Well.... you could always come with me . " I offered , raising an eyebrow .

He smiled .

" I couldn't intrude . " he said .

I shrugged .

" No intrusion unless you think of it as ruining my date with my dog . " I said , sarcastically .

He laughed and nodded.

" Sure . "

I smiled.

" Great . We can take my car . Come on . " I said , leading him and my dog over to my car .

We got in my old mustang and I hit the radio , causing " Disturbia " to come on . I pulled out of my driveway and got onto the road leading through town and down to a friend of the family's house on the water . We kept our canoe there and even though Will had a big boat , I liked the peacefulness of our canoe better.  Will also worked crazy hours so he was hardly ever home . 

" What are we doing here ? " Alek said with a smile tugging on the corner of his lips .

I rolled my eyes .

" Canoeing . " I said , leading him and Pooka to the end of the peer where I grabbed the canoe easily and slid it into the water .

I jumped in carlessly and easily .

" Come on , boo . " I said , using Pooka's nickname .

He yipped and jumped in easily , taking a seat at my feet .Alek looked surprised but chuckled and got in .

" I like the quiet better then the roar of the motor . " I said , grabbing the ore as I started to row us away from the peer  , yet still staying pretty shallow . 

" Me too. So , how often do you come here ? " he asked, trying to make conversation .

I laughed . 

" Well , it's summer , so I come here alot . I do have to warn you , there are killer crabs in these waters . "

He looked confused .

" Like ... real crabs ? " he asked , laughing.

I nodded .

" You've obviously never been to Maryland before . " I said , shaking my head .

I then smirked and reached my hand into the water, feeling around on the bottom of the shallow floor until I found something hard and stiff . I grabbed it and pulled up a crab , holding it up for Alek to see as proof .His jaw dropped , but he quickly regained compure and cleared his throat . I tossed the crab back in the water and crossed my arms , leaning back in the canoe looking at him with an amused smile on my face . 

" You know , I've never really had a tour like this before . "he said .

I laughed .

" Really ? I do this sort of thing all the time . " I said .

He chuckled .

" Come on. " I said , sliding off my tank top so that I was in my  bikkinni top and bottoms .

I'd been planning on going canoeing since I woke up , but I fell asleep so I really didn't have time to change my swim suit .Alek looked at me like I was crazy .

" You just showed me a killer crab . " he  said , chuckling .

I shook my  head . 

" They won't bother you if you're careful . Come on . Don't be chicken . They LOVE chicken . " I said winking .

He rolled his eyes and slid off his shirt and his pants so that he was in his boxers and got into the water with me , leaving Pooka yipping in the canoe . I was surprised just how toned and muscular he was , but I tried not to stare . This is the first day of the rest of my life .

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...