Project: Alternative

By Cennonn

Worlds were designed to make traveling between them impossible. While there might be occasional accidents whe... More

Prologue: Project Proposal
Chapter 1: Daily life of a Moderator (Jun)
Chapter 2: Daily life of an agent (Eru)
Chapter 3: Emergency (Jun)
Chapter 4: In an unknown place while wearing my pajamas (Eru)
Chapter 5: An agent in another world is still an agent (Eru)
Chapter 6: It's out of my jurisdiction, but oh well (Jun)
Chapter 7: It's hero time (Jun)
Chapter 9: I'm a servant now. Great, right? (Eru)
Chapter 10: An unfamiliar familiar enemy (Eru)
Chapter 11: The cyan-colored Coder (Eru).
Chapter 12: On our way to Rizuru Village (Jun)
Chapter 13: Reuniting with a friend is always nice (Jun)
Chapter 14: Waking up at dawn will sometimes lead to trouble (Jun)
Chapter 15: Warning (Jun)
Chapter 16: The one who commands Reality (Eru)
Chapter 17: Confronting for answers (Eru)
Chapter 18: Training to prepare (Eru)
Chapter 19: Time to plan (Eru)
Chapter 20: The occupied city, Krusmond (Eru)
Chapter 21: Time for a riot (Jun)
Chapter 22: My first solo infiltration (Eru)
Chapter 23: The difference between me and them (Jun)
Year-End Special Announcement!!!
Year-End Special: A Project of Generations from Unnatural Worlds
Chapter 24: What am I? (Eru)
Epilogue: Resolution of the occupied city.

Chapter 8: A good Coder is a fair Coder (Jun)

255 17 27
By Cennonn

I knocked on the door of Suisei's room. My heart was actually beating fast right now as it dawned on me what I did last night.

First and foremost, I ripped off an anime character's line when I saved her from the wolves. After that, I messed up my greeting by saying "Hillo." What the hell was "Hillo" supposed to be? Why did I switch to saying "Hello" when I was in the middle of saying "Hi?"

There was also the fact that I carried her for almost 30 minutes as we soared through the sky. She was holding me so tightly that I could barely focus. If I wasn't explaining how Reality worked with Coders, I would've been flustered as hell.

And how come I explained my life as a Coder to her? Should I also explain it to the other people who got transported? It would be unfair if only Suisei got an explanation while the others would be left in the dark.

It's not like there was a rule that the existence of Coders should be kept a secret. I mean... Even if someone would find out about my abilities and the truth of the world, would you even believe that someone? Eru had a hard time believing that Reality could be broken down into codes even if he saw me use my Coder abilities. What were the chances that a person would believe such a tale if they didn't see me?

But a good Coder was a fair one. Those were one of the lessons back in the Academy when I was still Fledgling. A Coder should view everything and anything in a fair manner. For example, a Coder shouldn't make a creature's life easier just because he likes them. He shouldn't play favorites.

I knocked on Suisei's door once again. Was she still asleep? Poor girl, she must be really tired from yesterday. I still shuddered at the thought of what would've happened if I was a minute late. What about the other people who got transported? Would they survive?

"Come in", Suisei's voice said and I opened the door.

"G-Good morning. How was your rest?" I asked.

"It was fine. I had a weird dream."

"That's normal. You got sent into another world and just found out about Coders. Your dreams are bound to become weird."

I gave her a bag.

"What's this?" she asked.

"Some clothes I bought for you while you were sleeping. We're going to stock up on supplies before we leave this town. I'll give you money for you to buy.... your necessary clothing and stuff", I answered.

I left her room to give her privacy as she changed. When she said she was done, I entered it once more.

Suisei was cute today too. I bought her a blue long-sleeved shirt with a black coat while her brown pants and boots made her look sort of cool. She would definitely rock in any outfit even if my fashion sense were wacky.

"It fits perfectly. How did you know my sizes?" she asked.

"O-Oh? That? I-I just have good eyes. That's all", I answered.

The truth was: when I edited her codes, I accidentally found out about her sizes. It was not like I did it on purpose. It was an honest accident. Also, I just happen to have photographic memory. It's one of the perks of being a Coder.

"Do I look weird?" she asked as she twirled around,

No. You look too perfect! Allow me to preserve this image in my mind! Can you do the twirl again? Let me get my camera and record you!

"You're fine. Quite cute too", I said.

"Thank you", she smiled at me.

If you would tell me that one day, I made my idol smile because of a compliment, I would just laugh and then upgrade your codes since you tried to cheer me up. I never thought that the day when I would interact with Suisei would come.

"Let's eat. We can't start the day with an empty stomach", I told her and we headed to the first floor of the inn.

Our breakfast was simple, which was bread and eggs. Milk was also served. Thanks to magic, the milk was cold like how I wanted it. I wonder how Suisei thought of her meal. Was she disappointed that there was no rice?

We ate in silence... This was bad. I had to entertain her... But how? I wasn't exactly a talker and we had nothing in common.

"How many people were sent to this world?" she asked.

"We got eight more people to save. It's lucky that I requested the Admin to find you first. If I didn't, you wouldn't be here", I answered.

"Requested the Admin to find me first?"

"Oh. When I found out that you were among the people that got sent, I asked the Admin to prioritize looking for you."

"You specifically asked for the Admin to look for me?"

Oh crap... That sounded really creepy.

"I-I'm a really huge fan and I didn't want to think that you were helplessly out there. I know it's sort of bad to favor one person over another since I am a Coder but I will gladly break my ideals for you", I said.

And that was great. I even made myself sound creepier. Good job, Jun.

"Why me? I'm nobody special", she asked.

"That's right. Your codes are exactly like a normal human's. You don't have any special abilities and I could name better singers than you... But what matters is that you saved my life. An existence that is not special and completely average managed to save a Coder's life", I answered.

"I saved you?"

"That's a story for another time. Now let's go and buy some supplies."

While Suisei was shopping for clothes and other necessary things, I stocked up on food and other necessities. Mithra's bag was really convenient. Another code it had was that it would "freeze" the time of the stored object. For example, I could store an ice cube in it and when I take it out ten hours later, it would still be frozen. Although it only worked on non living creatures. If I store a living creature in Mithra's bag, it would age normally.

I went outside and was heading to the store where I left Suisei.

"Please let go", a woman's voice said.

My vision went red as I saw two men were pulling Suisei. Before I knew it, I used a magic known as Force Push and knocked them away.

"Inazuma-kun?" Suisei asked as I stepped in front of her.

"Bastard... Don't you know who I am?" the man asked.

"A dead man", I answered as a magic circle appeared above me. A beam of white light shot from it and grazed the man's cheek.

"Saber Light... That's good magic and you did it chantless. But it's not enough", the other man said and unsheathed his sword.

"You got guts for picking on the Silver Duo. We are A-class adventurers! You have no chance against us!" the man with the bleeding cheek also unsheathed his sword.

They were grinning. I could hear the voices of the crowd as they placed bets on who would win. It didn't matter if the people thought that I wouldn't win. What mattered right now was that they harassed Suisei. I'll engrave fear on their souls.

The crowd turned silent as the faces of the two men turned pale. Countless magic circles appeared all around us and made a dome surrounding the two men. I could understand why they were afraid.

Saber Light was a B-class magic. It would shoot out a beam of light that had the same penetrating power as a bullet if not stronger. It could even go through thick mithril armors, which was really tough. The most that an average mage could use was around 2 or 3 Saber Lights at once. It was the first time that they saw a dome filled with Saber Lights.

All the Saber Lights shot at once and lightly grazed the two men. I made sure to flex that I could kill them anytime I wanted by having the Saber Lights barely miss them.

Blood flowed from the light cuts all over their bodies. The knees of the two men buckled and they immediately bowed with their heads touching the ground.

"W-We're sorry!" they said.

"I thought I told you. You guys are dead men", the magic circles glowed as I placed even more power in the Saber Lights.

"Wait!" a voice shouted.

I looked at the source and saw a silver-haired woman.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill these two trash," I said.

"They already surrendered. According to the laws, death by duels is only acceptable as long as the other doesn't surrender. The moment they do, it's no longer a duel and it will become a crime", she answered.

"They attempted to harm Suisei. Do you think I care about the law? If there's someone who would even dare to harm her, whether you are a hundred or a thousand, come at me with the resolve to die", I said.

The two men shrieked as the magic circles began to glow. One even wet himself. The silver-haired woman drew her mace and was about to attack me but I summoned more magic circles in front of her.

"Jun! Don't kill them", Suisei told me.

"Ok then", I said and the magic circles disappeared.

The silver-haired woman looked confused.

"Are you really the same guy from earlier?" she asked.

"Did you see me leave?" I asked back.

"No... It's just that you were oozing with killing intent but after that blue-haired girl's words, it just vanished."

"Suisei doesn't want me to kill so I won't. Is that too hard to understand?"

"N-No... It's... Never mind."

I looked at the two men and they fainted from fear. Pathetic.

A beeping sound entered my mind as a violet screen appeared.

[Korone Inugami ID found. Location: Rizuru Village]

Ah... I forgot that Koro-san was also sent to this world.

###

A/N: I'll be taking a short break now that Jun's part is over. It's because I am getting busy with a collab project called Hololive: Project Convergence. I'll be back soon enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 133 29
Two Girls One New World More Boys One Destiny Two paths to take Two girls, forced to save a world not of their own. Their lives already seemed diffi...
44.9K 572 30
this a multi-cross platform gf scenarios of hololive both original and EN and vshojo and some of your other favorite streamer gals so come and see ho...
1.5K 42 5
"I will do anything to protect them. Even if I have to kill." A high schooler was on his way to school with his friend, but SIKE MY BOY GOT HIT BY TH...
23 0 3
This is just for an idea or new fanfic story that I'll come up with and planned to publish. An Concept Works in Fanfiction. WARNING - Some of the fan...