Before You

By kj200427

#1 in indian on 25th Dec, 2022. #3 in bollywood on 10th Feb, 2023. Previously titled, 'The Medical Hostel.' T... More

p r e l u d e
r e v i e w s
c h a r a c t e r s : ♀
c h a r a c t e r s : β™‚
a e s t h e t i c s
00 | The Xavier's Medical Institute
02 | Friends to Enemies
03 | The Deadly Face-Off
04 | Lovers to Best Friends
05 | Stuck with the Bad Boy
06 | The Runaway Bride
07 | Massive Group Fight
08 | The Group Cleaning
09 | A Rejected Demand
10 | First Day at the Hospital
11 | Curious Asses
12 | It's Show Time
13 | The Food Fued
14 | The Unexpected Kiss
15 | The Late Night Drama
16 | The Sleeping Beauty
17 | Traumatic Experiences
18 | Detention, Here we come
19 | Arjun Singh vs Vedika Kaur
20 | Messing with the Brothers
21 | Pathetic Group Laughter
22 | Big Happy Family
23 | Midnight Conversations
24 | Getting Cold Feet
25 | The Fashion Show
26 | Broken Friendships
27 | A Little Field Trip
28 | The Street Fighting
29 | Late Night Breakdowns
30 | Cafeteria Catfight
31 | Rules & Demands
32 | Just Another Day
33 | The Precious Present
34 | The Mass Tutoring
35 | The Best Friend Code
36 | Airport Diaries
37 | The Singh-Gupta Household
38 | Mr. & Mrs. Singh
39 | A Lie to Yourself
40 | Pretty but Cold
41 | Astrological Superstitions
42 | Tipsy Truths and Tangled Ties
43 | Familiar but Unwanted
44 | Vedika, save Him a Dance
45 | The Dinner Party
46 | Love on the Rocks and Mocks

01 | Entering the Hell-hole

1.2K 54 10
By kj200427

'XAVIER'S MEDICAL HOSTEL', read the big board on top of the hostel building.

I gape at the hostel in front of me. It was nothing like one. It was fully covered in glass and with its ravishing exterior, it looked like a luxurious five-star resort.

This college was probably for the spoilt, rich spoon-fed kids who got admission through their dad's money. But I didn't care. People who studied here, always became well-known doctors. Though I would prefer going to a normal medical college, my dad wanted me to go here, so here I was.

I come from a family of doctors. My grandfather, my dad, my mom, are all doctors. So this was pretty much what I was expected to do also.

Follow the legacy.

No, I wasn't pressurised into taking medical. But, I had no other plans, so medical it was.

Last two years had been very hectic, studying and all, but it had been worth it because I had gotten admission in one of the best medical universities of India.

Dad had been very proud of me. No one in our family had cleared those medical exams in such a short span of time. I was happy that he was happy. Yes, I was that altruistic nerd who loved her parents way too much and always did what they wanted me to. But they too, cared about my opinions. So it was pretty much a win-win.

It was almost 4pm when I stepped into the hostel for the first time ever, struggling with my bag and two suitcases, praying silently that I would make some decent friends, though it seemed pretty impossible with my shy, introverted personality. I didn't want to be bullied like I had been in my previous college but luck was never going to be on my side and I knew it.

I looked around to see that the whole hall, which was supposed to be the ground floor was bigger than my entire previous college. The hall was filled with leather couches here and there and it was filled with the buzzing voices of students who were scattered everywhere. There was a big reception with a lady standing behind the counter who was probably supposed to help clueless students like me. I walk upto her and smile.

"Hey. How can I help you?" She asks politely.

"I'm a new student here," I reply.

As soon as I say that, she looks down at her computer and begins typing something before looking back at me. "Sure thing. Can you help me with your name?"

"Kavya Patel."

"Okay, please take a seat," She points to one of the couches placed against the wall, near the reception. "I'll be back in a while."

After she leaves, I sit down quietly not wanting to draw any attention. I get a few stares from people around me but I eventually look down not wanting to socialise.

I sigh, resting my head back against the wall, I allow my eyes to flutter shut. I didn't get any sleep at all on the plane ride because of a man two rows in front, snoring who sounded like his respiratory system was failing.

Just as I was on the verge of a peaceful nap, a voice startles me, "Kavya Patel."

My eyes burst open as I bolt to my feet in fright. It was the receptionist. I sigh before she hands me a folder and says, "This is for you." I take the folder from her.

"Inside you'll find everything you need. Your class timetable, your dorm details, keys, the college and hospital map and there is a menu for the college dining hall in there. Dinner is served at seven in the hostel dining hall. Make sure to enter the hostel premises before eight in the evening or you won't be allowed in," She states in an authoritative tone.

"And yes, the hostel premises is divided into two parts, the boys hostel on the right and and girls hostel on the left," she concludes.

I nod and bend down, picking up my bag and pulling the straps onto my shoulders. I pick up the handle of my suitcase.

"Welcome to Xavier's medical college, Kavya. If you need any help, I'll always be here at the reception. You may go and settle down in your dorm now. Good luck."

I nod and smile at her and move towards the left of the reception where I'm assuming the girls hostel must be. I head to the series of staircase which probably leads to the second floor.

"Beware of the vicious creatures of this college," the receptionist yells from behind me and I turn and throw her a shocking glare.

Vicious creatures? Just great. I was already starting to regret coming here.

I take the elevator and press the button for the first floor. When it stops, I walk out with all the baggage into a huge hall. I look around to only see females. Probably guys were banned from coming here.

I opened my folder to see which room I was in.

Room no. 306. This meant I was on the third floor. I walk back into the elevator to go to the third floor. On reaching the third floor, I move out of the elevator struggling with my bags. I walked past a few girls who are standing in groups and circles chattering and laughing.

I reach my room, hoping that I would have a nice roommate who would probably be, a little friendly. I use my key which was in the folder to unlock the door.

As I step into the room, I see a girl standing on top of a stool trying to hang the ferry lights on the wall. She turns around to look at me and the corner of her mouth slides upwards into a huge smile and she jumps from the stool dropping the ferry lights from her hand in excitement and runs towards me engulfing me in a big hug.

"Oh my God! Oh my god! Finally! Finally someone to tak to," she squeals. I hug her back still a little shook by her immediate gesture.

"I'm Divya. You're roommate. And you must be Kavya? Please tell me you're Kavya."

I assuringly nodded giving her a smile.

"Oh my god, yes. I was waiting for you since morning."

"When did you come?" I ask, dragging my luggage inside the room with her help.

"Around 7 in the morning. But that doesn't matter. I'm a new student here, too. I've explored this entire place since morning and I gotta warn you about some people here. You look like a nerd."

Wow, she was quite observant, gotta give her that.

"Warn me? About what?" I wriggle my eyebrows.

"Look, everyone here is either a jerk or a bitch. You cannot trust anyone here. Stay away from them or they'll make your life hell."

"And who are these people?" I ask in curiosity. Honestly, I liked how everyone was warning me about everything.

"They are—", she was cut off by someone yelling in the hallway.

We gave each other curious looks and got up to go outside and see what was happening.

Girls from other rooms had also come out to see the girl that was yelling and running around.

"What's wrong, Jumana?", Divya inquired the girl who had yelled.

"You guys! There is a fight! Again! Let's go see," She yells, running across the hallway while all the other girls follow her, hurriedly. What was so endearing about a fight?

Divya took my hand dragging me to the hallway where the other girls were going. The hallway was big and you could see the entire girls hostel.

"Who fought, Jumana?", a girl asked her while we were walking to wherever the girl named Jumana was taking us.

"Zivah and Vedika."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.4K 3.5K 52
Only in the novels and movies it looks good when your best friend and sibling date each other but in real life it turn out to be a complete mess. Thi...
56.4K 3.5K 26
Reyansh Malhotra is the no nonsense multibillionaire and the most coldest mafia leader the country has known. From chopping off heads to firing bulle...
18.9K 1.4K 46
Fiza woke up smiling. Last night had been everything she had dreamt it would be. She had lost her virginity to her best friend. Now her boyfriend, ho...
233K 10.7K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...