Stolen ✔

By taintedciel_

Michael Russo is the most powerful, feared man in the world. With a deep hatred for the Russians and Mexicans... More

Authors Note :)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7- Authors Note :) help hehe
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50- Authors Note

Chapter 43

279 5 0
By taintedciel_

Michael's POV:

"I'm gonna marry her." I firmly put down my second shot on the office table. 

Everyone gathered at my house because I wanted to tell them this, but I didn't know how to. So, I did what everyone fucking does when they're nervous but don't know how to say something. 

Drink.

Lucas throws his head back and lets out a laugh through his teeth. "Hopefully soon." 

As of now, only he knows. I don't know how to tell the others.

Cora's on my fucking mind 24/7 and there is nothing I can do about it. I can't seem to complain because I love it so much. She's helped me through the toughest fucking times of my life and for that I'd tell her 'I love you" until she can't take more.

I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "Lucas, I'm. gonna marry her." I repeat. "I got the ring."

His eyes widen and he stands up, putting his hands on my shoulders, realizing what I said. "Oh fucking shit, you were for real." 

I try to hide my smile by biting down my tongue, already imagining her walking down the aisle with that gorgeous smile of hers.

He shakes me out of my thoughts, the bright smile still on his face. "When are you proposing?" 

"Tonight." I finally give in a smile and he cheers me on, howling like a fucking wild animal. 

"Who said who's getting married." Alex's voice makes our heads turn towards the door. His face is peeking through the door

of course he has to come.

I try to make his arrival a positive thing as that's what Cora would've wanted. "Michael's proposing to Cora tonight." He raises his glass of whiskey, signalling Alex to come over. 

"No fucking way." Alex stops moving. "Please tell me your serious." He walks closer, slowly. His voice gets tighter as he takes his steps. "You shouldn't joke about this type of shit." 

"He's not joking you dipshit. He already bought the ring." Lucas smiles, looking like a proud dad.

"I FUCKING LOVE YOU!" He runs and his arms wrap around me as I freeze. My lips painfully twitch into a smile, giving off the fakest laugh and an abnormal pat on his back.

He lets go and I resist the urge to sniff my clothes to make sure they don't smell bad. 

"What's the plan." He walks over to the cabinet to pour himself a drink.

I take a deep breath in and get lost in tangling myself into telling these soon to be real fantasies.

--------------------

Cora's POV:

"Michael, where are you taking me?" I whisper, letting out a quiet laugh as I examine the box in front of me. 

On it, there's a note that reads: 

For you my darling ~ 7pm, don't be late.

I smile to myself and carefully open the box. Inside, lies a dark burgundy silk dress and gold jewelry. 

Okay, now where is he actually taking me?

I run my hands over the soft material for a few moments before snapping out of my daze.

Without asking anymore questions to myself, I take a quick, steamy shower and slip on the dress. It hugs me around my waist and hips and flows low until my ankles with a slit on the side.

I look fucking hot.

I finish my makeup and my reach for the necklaces. The skin on my fingers turns cold as I grip gold and look at myself in the mirror.

My hands find their way to my neck to brush the hair to the side, but I still struggle to get it on.

"Need help, amore?" I jump at the sudden appearance of Michael leaning against the doorframe in the mirror. 

"Oh shit, is it already 7?" I groan, letting my head fall back.

He steps forward. "Not yet." A soft smile appears on his face.

Someone seems to be in a good mood today.

He takes the necklace from me and turns my body, facing the mirror before putting slowly putting it on. 

A few moments go by and I close my eyes at the feeling of his warm lips on my neck. Snaking my hand to the back of his neck, I melt into the feeling.

My body turns around with my forehead now touching his. "I love you."

He connects our lips and butterflies erupt in my stomach. I feel so safe with him. I feel at home with him. "I love you, Cora."

"Let's get the fuck out of here now." He tilts my chin up and I let out a quiet laugh.

We make our way to the car, hand in hand and he takes off into nowhere. 

I look out the window, examining my life and where I have been to be put in this exact place. Beside a man who treats me so beautifully. 

I smile to myself.

After about 30 minutes of driving, his voice snaps me out of my daze. "We're here, love."

The door to the car opens and I feel myself lightly stretch from all the sitting in the car. I look up to see miles and miles of trees.

huh?

"Michael, where are we?" I hug one of his arms. It's kinda chilly out.

"Just trust." He smiles, draping his jacket over me. 

Our feet step on the moist grass as he holds my hand, leading me into the dense forest. The quiet hum of the wind and our footsteps fill the atmosphere.

The setting sun casts golden hues on the trees and dirt ground and for a while, it feels as though I'm in a movie.

After a couple minutes of looking at the ground while walking to make sure I don't trip, I feel Michael stop.

I stop in my trance as well and look up. My eyes widen and mouth falls open as I take in the view in front of me.

A huge waterfall and crystal blue water lies in front. Rocks trail around it and animals play together. The golden sun casts a couple beams in the area, making it look as if it is straight out of a painting.

I get so lost in admiring the view, I don't notice Michael behind me. 

I turn around to see him bending down on one knee, opening a velvet box. The one beam of sun cuts through his eye and speaks the colours of young spring.

Tears fill my eyes and everything becomes blurry as I realise what's about to happen.

"Cora motherfucking Evans. I love you and I forever will. Even after I take my final breath." His lips are tight, and his voice, firm.

"Will you marry me?" A glint of hope sparks in his eyes

My head starts to feel light and I can't seem to speak. I let out a sob and nod my head aggressively and the smile on his face erupts so bright. 

You guessed it, the one with the dimples. 

I jump into his arms as he gets up and kiss him ever so passionately. Once, twice, three times, all over his face.

yes.

"Yes." I sigh, sniffling through my nose

His hand snakes around my waist and holds me tight after finally letting myself down.

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful." I gasp. It was exactly what I've wanted. Nothing to extraordinary.

It was an emerald, crystal ring which fit beautifully on my finger after he had put it on.

I look at it. I look at it deep. I get lost in the green just as his eyes. "I love you too, Michael." I prop up on my toes, grabbing his face, before kissing his lips. "I love you so much."

The rest of the evening, we spent sitting near the waterfall as the sun slowly set, revealing the glowing night sky. His head on my lap as I stroke his hair, carefully listening to the quiet buzz of nature.

"Do they know?" I smile, lightly tugging at his hair.

"Oh yeah, they know." He smiles, running his hand up and down my arm.

I know it must've been hard for Michael to tell them. All his life, he's suppressed his emotions and I wish I was there from the begging to tell him that everything in the end would be okay.

***

-Dhruvi Parmar

Friday November 5th, 2021 @11:23 pm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

486K 9.1K 45
BOOK 1 Aaron Russo - Don of the Russo mafia. "To kill or be killed" He had many women in his life but the one thing he didn't do was love or relation...
22.6M 791K 66
Book Two in the I Am Not A Prostitute series. Warning: Mature Audiences Only!! -Strong Sexual Content -R-rated language -Adult situation #1 in Fict...
182K 7.8K 33
"You're not going anywhere, Clara. You're not running away from this." Everything I felt for him, everything that could ruin me, raged to rip apart a...
409K 5.6K 58
The failure to put trust into a stranger's words and a simple act of judgement became the catalyst for a tragic night. Arabella's pleasant life becom...