Manan - Hold My Hand

By aanchal_89

Manik Malhotra, CEO of Malhotra Groups, He is a private person and likes to have his own space. He has a few... More

"Introduction"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter 44

9.9K 833 182
By aanchal_89

Nandini was all packed and ready to leave.

Mukti had a book event that she had to attend and can't miss so she came over in the morning and helped her pack and said goodbye.

Navya had a special episode today on the radio with some celebrity that she couldn't shift so she wasn't coming to the airport as well.

"Nandu, you ready? Cabir is here.", Navya called for her and she yelled back before coming out pulling her luggage with her.

Cabir went and helped her.

"So many bags Cutie. How are you going to handle all of it alone?", Cabir asked as he pulled all the three bags outside.

" One is the designer outfits for all the events and the makeup. The second one has some shoes and some of the outfits for the collection and the third one had outfits for our Dehradun trip. I will be leaving from there only.", She explained and he nodded.

Navya was all ready to leave to her office after bidding Nandini bye.

" So when are we leaving?", Cabir asked as he glanced at the time and it was close to 5.

" Let Manik come and then we all will leave.", Nandini said as she looked at her phone.

" Okay. I will give him a call.", Cabir said and she nodded as she hugged Navya.

"Take care of yourself.", Navya said and Nandini nodded.

"I will miss you.", Nandini whispered to her.

"Me too. Don't worry we will video call and watch you live on the tv.", Navya said thinking of the surprise planned for her and Nandini nodded.

" Manik's not picking up the call.", Cabir said them.

" Maybe he's driving.", Navya reasoned and Cabir nodded.

Nandini frowned a little knowing he always put his phone on speaker to talk when he is driving and that was not the case here.

She quickly typed him a message seeing they were running out of time.

" Cutie. I think we should get going. Maybe he got stuck somewhere. It's already 15 minutes past 5. There's a traffic jam outside. You will get late.", Cabir asked her and she looked back at her message that was yet to be seen.

" 10 more minutes and then we can leave.", She requested and Cabir nods.

They talked for a while. Nandini's eyes drifting to her phone and the door every once in a while.

" I think we should leave now. Manik will call you later explaining. I am sure it must have been something important for him to not be here or inform anyone about his absence.", Cabir said her and she gave a slight nod knowing they can't wait for more.

Cabir smiled at her before taking her bags outside.

"He promised.", Nandini said Navya feeling hurt and disappointed at his absence.

"I am sure he is feeling worse for not being able to make it. Talk to him later.", Navya assured her and she nodded as they walked outside with the last bag.

Cabir helped put it in the car and they greeted Navya goodbye before leaving.

Nandini was silent looking outside as Cabir moved the car slowly being stuck in the traffic.

"Cutie you know him. If he couldn't have made it he would have told beforehand. Maybe he got an emergency to attend.", Cabir said cursing Manik for not responding to calls even.

" I know. ", She whispered.

" C'mon don't be like this with me. You can get angry at him when you see him.", Cabir said trying to cheer her up.

" Sorry.", She said and put on a smile as she made conversation with him.

" I got you a gift. You are going to love it. ", Cabir said excitedly and she looked at him curiously.

"What did you get? Why do I have a feeling it's something bad?", She asked him suspiciously and he gave her a pout.

"No you are actually gonna love it.", Cabir assured her and she nodded giving in.

She played the music and they jammed talking about their favorites before they finally reached the airport.

Cabir looked at the airport and saw Manik pacing looking down at his shoes.

"Manik?", Cabir said surprised and Nandini turned to him before looking ahead and saw him standing there looking down.

"Go on. I will park the car and come.", Cabir said to her with a smile and she gave him a grateful smile before getting out of the car and walking towards him.

Manik looked up and gave her a small smile as she hugged him coming closer.

Manik tried to explain but she cut him off.

"I am glad you are here now. Thank you.", She said and kissed his cheek before hugging him again.

He relaxed hugging her closer.

"What's wrong?", She asked immediately as she pulled back and looked at him.

He just shakes his head and gave her the flowers he got.

"Are you okay?", She asked worried as she put her hand on his cheek.

"I am sorry. I know I promised I will drive you but something came up. I came to the airport directly to see you off.", Manik explained and she nodded still looking at him.

" It's fine but will you tell me what's wrong?", She asked and he nodded finally.

" Later.", he whispered and she nodded.

Manik saw Cabir coming with the luggage and went to help him.

" Happy now?", Cabir asked her in a whisper and she blushed and nodded.

"Just tell him already and get it over with. He is dumb enough to see it himself.", Cabir told her making her blush harder and elbow him.

"Let's go.", Manik said and they walked inside the waiting room.

"Where are the two bodyguards of yours?", Manik asked her looking around.

"They are inside already. I will call them to help me when it's time and they aren't my bodyguards.", She told him and he nodded with a mock smile.

"The company car will pick you guys up. If there's any problem give me a call.", Manik told her and she nodded.

" Do you have everything with you?", Manik asked again and she nodded.

" The address of the hotel? Designs?", He went on further and she looked at Cabir who was laughing at her expense.

" Manik I checked. She has everything. Don't grill her more.", Cabir helped her out and Nandini nodded.

" Fine. Take care of yourself and keep your phone near you all the time. I don't want a call telling you are lost somewhere in the city.", Manik said to her strictly.

" I will be 26 in 3 days. I think I can take care of myself just fine.", Nandini replied but still nodded in understanding.

It was almost 8 and Cabir looked at both of them.

" I think you should get inside now.", Manik told her and she nods as she went forward and gave a hug to Cabir beside her.

" Have fun and don't miss me much.", He said as he hugged her and kissed her head.

She nodded smiling.

" Do you want me to look away so you can give him a goodbye kiss or would you like to rub it in my face?", Cabir teased and she blushed and pushed him away.

" Geez, I was kidding. Take care of yourself.", He said and she nodded kissing his cheek and pulling back.

She looked at Manik who smiled at her and hugged her.

" You will be fine. Don't get scared and focus only on the competition. You have Aditya and Nikhil with you. Don't feel like you are alone also you can always call me or video call me. Okay? ", Manik said and she nodded.

" Here. ", Manik said putting his hand inside his pocket and taking out a small box.

" A gift for you.", he said to her and she took it before looking at him surprised.

"Tell me later if you liked it.", he said and she nodded making him smile.

"It's getting late now. Go.", Manik said and she nodded not wanting to leave.

She hugged him again and he let out a small laugh before holding her close.

"Take care of yourself and keep calling me. I will miss you.", She said and he smiled.

"Bye.", She said pulling back a little and kissing his cheek.

"Bye.", Manik said to her and she nodded as she took the trolley from Cabir and waved at both of them as she walked inside.

Cabir turned to Manik when she was out of sight.

"Where were you? Why was your phone on silent?", Cabir asked him immediately knowing something was wrong.

"Chairman called.", Manik said and Cabir frowned as they walked back.

"What did he want from you now?", he asked with hatred spilling from his voice.

"The usual. The jerk was angrier than always. They both had a lot of arguments. At the last, the chairman threatened the same old thing. Get your act together or he will give the chairman position to someone else.", Manik said in brief to him.

" Asshole. You know I hate the chairman more than I hate the jerk Shravan.", Cabir told him and Manik smirked letting him know he shares the same feeling.

" So what are you going to do?", Cabir asked him worried a little.

" Nothing. I will wait. If he starts messing with me and my work again, I don't care what the chairman wants. I will reply and get back to him.", Manik said and Cabir just nods.

" Let's go. I don't want to talk about them more.", Manik said to him and he nods in understanding.

" So when are we leaving for hyeres?", Cabir asked him and Manik smiled.

"The meeting got forwarded I see.", He said with an arrogant smirk.

"Yeah, it's on Monday morning. I don't know how you did it but thanks.", Cabir said and Manik nodded.

" I planned to leave Tuesday morning. We can get settled properly and celebrate her birthday the next day.", Manik told him his plan and Cabir nodded agreeing to it.

" Okay great. I will start packing tomorrow. ", Cabir told him, and Manik nod as he runs his hand through his beard.

"And shave your beard before leaving. It has grown.", Cabir said making a face.

"Nah I am keeping it for a while.", Manik said with a ghost smile as he recalled Nandini's reaction to his beard.

"You never liked keeping a beard.", Cabir asked him confused.

"I am trying a new look.", he answered before going near his car.

"Weird. I will see you tomorrow.", Cabir said and Manik nodded waving at him before getting in his car.

The next day they gathered around to plan the trip and make sure everything is good to go.

Everyone was quite excited. Manik finished his last meeting on Monday and drove back home as he packed his bags.

He got a call from Nandini and smiled before sitting and accepting the call.

"Hello.", He said smiling at her and she grinned back.

" What were you doing?", She asked him and he smiled as he glanced over the open luggage and clothes everywhere.

"Nothing. Tell me about you? Enjoying your time there. The last time I talked, you were busy getting some materials and designs.", Manik asked her as he recalled what she was doing when he called yesterday.

"Yeah we were asked to choose any materials we can get and they even offered help. You know I did a good thing to bring Aditya and Nikhil. They are a great help but it kinda sucks not knowing the native language. Would have been nice to interact with them properly and get familiar with everyone. There are so many people from so many places. It's like a big reunion or gala sort of a thing. Today we have this dinner party to get to know everyone. I was just finding myself a dress.", Nandini told him excited as she moved around a bit and he chuckled at her excitement.

"Woah and here I was worried you will have a hard time there. Seems like you are enjoying yourself so much and don't miss me at all.", Manik teased with a sad pout and she frowned a little guilty now.

"I mean... It's not like... I do miss you.", She shuttered trying to explain and he laughs making her frown.

"Stop joking around like this. I really miss you here. We have a week to complete our work and designs, but I had done it before so all I have to do was pass the designs, instruct them, and watch them make it. I can get a free day or two to roam around and explore the city, but I don't feel like going with Nikhil and Aditya. I miss you and others and wish we could go around and see the city if you guys were here. The weather here is cold already and It seems like there can be snowfall too sometime soon. I want to watch snowfall with you. It's one of the things on my bucket list. ", Nandini told him as she looked outside the room's window and Manik hides a smile.

"Now don't get sad thinking about all of it. Maybe we can watch snowfall in Dehradun. Now go get dressed for dinner and socialize with everyone. If you are going solo with Nikhil in the future you need to have connections and investments. This is a great opportunity.", Manik reminded her and she nodded moving around before picking up a dress and showing him.

"What do you think? Good for the first impression?", Nandini asked him holding a sage green dress in front of the mirror.

"Looks good. Try it once.", He asked her and she smiled as she kept the phone aside and picked the dress, and went inside to get changed.

It was a single strapped square neck dress till her ankle with a slit till her knees. The dress was a good fit highlighting her curves.

"What do you think?", She asked him as she runs her hand down her dress.

He nodded in confirmation.

"You look mature and professional. It will put a good first impression on them. I think I like this color on you.", Manik complimented and she thanked him.

She took out a four-inch white heel and put it on before taking her white purse and putting a few things in it.

She put the phone beside the dresser as she worked on putting on makeup.

Manik watched her before asking her questions on what she was applying and why.

She picked up different shades of lipstick and wondered what to put on.

She settled for the nude with a little gloss and Manik made a face.

"I don't like the gloss. Put the other one you usually do when we go out here.", Manik asked her and she smiled rolling her eyes.

"You mean matte?", She asked amused and he nodded.

"I think this looks good too. Why don't you like it?", She asked him curiously.

"I don't know it looks weird. Also, your lips are shining so much", He said and she chuckles.

"I will probably eat half of it by the time I leave and you won't be able to tell if I have put it on or not.", Nandini assured him as she removed her earrings.

"You will eat it?", He asked horrified at the thought.

"Manik relax. Tell me does this look good?", She asked as she moved her hair behind her ears and he nodded seeing the small studs in her ear.

She put on a simple necklace and smiled picking up her phone.

"What do you think? Will you be impressed if you see me at an event and would talk to me?", She asked him and he rolled his eyes.

"Why do you want them to talk to you and get impressed by your looks. Don't get too familiar with all of them. Keep it to business and work. Be around your bodyguards and don't drink much. Even if it's an official event you don't know what can happen. I don't want you to entertain their lame flirting. You are no more single.", Manik said her strictly getting a little jealous and possessive.

"Wow, so many instructions. I don't know how I am going to follow them all. Maybe you should have come and kept an eye on me.", Nandini told him sarcastically and he nodded.

"If you don't behave properly. Maybe I will come and keep an eye on you.", Manik said her seriously and she laughed taking it as a joke.

"Okay Okay, I will behave well. I will send you a message after I am done with the event. Take some rest and have your dinner.", Nandini reminded him, and he nodded.

"You too. Have fun.", Manik said with a smile before waving his hand at her and hanging up.

Manik put his phone down and went back to packing.

They have a flight early morning at 6 as it takes around 11 hours to reach and France is 3 hours ahead. They will be there by lunchtime in the afternoon.

He closed his luggage and laughed when Oscar jumped and sat on the luggage.

"I can't take you, buddy. Maybe if you be a good boy and don't scare my little girlfriend then we can do something.", Manik told him as he pets his head and picked his luggage putting it aside.

"I will give you food and then we can watch your favorite movie. I won't be seeing you for a week. I hope someday we can take you on a date out together.", Manik said whistling him to follow as he goes to the kitchen and they settled for a dog's show to watch.

Manik picked everyone up early in the morning as they drove to the airport.

"Cabir put on some music.", Mukti asked him slapping his arms as he sat on the front seat.

"No I am good.", He murmured and tried to close his eyes again.

Mukti kept poking his arms.

"What's wrong with him? He is more annoyed than usual today.", Mukti asked turning to Navya.

" Didn't sleep well last night.", Navya whispered to her with a small blush.

Mukti giggled as she poked him again amused irritating him. Manik shakes his head at the two of them.

"I am not in the mood. Tell me why the hell are we leaving so early. We could have left after an hour or two.", Cabir snapped slapping her arms away.

Navya giggled along with Mukti at his lack of sleep.

"I need some good coffee. I miss Cutie. She always made me tasty coffee.", Cabir said glaring at the girls in the backseat.

"I will buy you some coffee. Don't spoil their mood. They are excited.", Manik told him as he put on some music.

Navya thanked him and Cabir rolled his eyes as he leaned on the window.

They reached the private airport and Manik drove to the lane for his jet and got out of the car stretching his arms as he opened the door for the girls at the back and knocked on Cabir's window.

Few people came to help with the luggage greeting Manik and he gave them a nod.

Mukti wrapped her arms around her.

"It's cold, " she said, looking at Navya who nodded and wrapped her arms around her too.

"We will get inside in some time.", Manik said as they watched the staff put the luggage inside.

"Why are we not getting inside yet. It's fucking cold and I need some coffee to process.", Cabir said as he shivered a little, and Manik frowned as he picked his phone and typed a message.

"In 5 minutes.", Manik replied and Cabir was about to ask again impatient when another car drove in and stopped by their side.

"Missed me?.", Ishaan asked as he got down from the car.

"Hey", They said in chaos confused at his arrival.

"You coming with us?", Mukti asked narrowing her eyes at him.

"Yes, It's Nandini's birthday. Manik invited me personally I couldn't deny to him. A week vacation would do me good too.", Ishaan shrugged as the staff took his luggage as well.

"More like you forced yourself.", Manik muttered under his breath a little annoyed.

"Oh now I know what favor he owed you.", Cabir said with a smirk and Manik rolled his eyes.

"Weren't you cold? Let's go inside.", Manik said as he started walking ahead.

"Wait for us.", Cabir yelled as they all followed him inside.

Cabir and Navya took a seat together while Manik took a window seat on the left and Mukti took the window seat at the back wanting to write in peace.

Ishaan walked in and looked around before taking a seat beside Manik.

"You couldn't find any other empty seats around?", Manik asked him sarcastically and Ishaan smirked.

"Oh, I did. I just thought to give you company since Nandini isn't here.", Ishaan teased and Manik glared at him before looking around.

"Why don't you just yell and tell everyone about us.", Manik asked him in a whisper sarcasm dripping from his words.

"Won't you love that?", Ishaan asked and Manik ignored him looking outside.

The flight took off and Manik looked at Ishaan smug face.

"You were more tolerable to be around when you didn't know.", Manik commented glaring at him irritated.

"And you were too when you were her friend.", Ishaan commented back with a smirk.

"I just don't understand why do you have a problem with me. I didn't steal your girl or something. We were friends way before you two even met. You guys never dated or anything as such. She was just friends with you. It was not like you were in love with her or something. You clearly had a thing with your friend Sia if I am not wrong about her name.", Manik snapped finally a little curious and having enough of his teasing for days now.

"I don't have a problem with you. It feels nice to be able to mess with the guy because of whom you were rejected. Even if we never dated and she was being friends with me doesn't mean I didn't like her. She is interesting.", Ishaan stopped explaining when Manik glared at him.

Ishaan chuckled raising his hand in surrender.

"I am not trying anything with her anymore. I respect her feelings. Don't go all green on me. We are just friends. Like you said yes I had a thing going on with Sia. Before you think I was two-timing Nandini, let's say she knew it before me that I am not over Sia yet. By the way, how do you know this? I don't think Nandini would have talked to you about it.", Ishaan explained and asked him as he picked the magazine to read.

"In the beach when I called you to get Sia when she was drunk. She said some things and I figured it out.", Manik answered and Ishaan nodded.

"So, Can I now be in peace?", Manik asked him hopefully.

"Nope. You are fun to tease.", Ishaan answered making Manik roll his eyes.

"I have another thing I have been wanting to ask you.", Manik said as he closed the magazine he was reading and looked at him.

Ishaan gave a nod gesturing him to continue.

"How do you know that jerk?", Manik asked not wanting to even take his name.

"The only jerk I know is Shravan. I know him from high school.", Ishaan said and Manik's eyes darkened a little.

"You were friends with him then.", He asked with a blank face keeping his emotions inside and Ishaan shakes his head immediately.

"Nah I didn't like the people he used to hang out with. We knew each other through Sia. She was friends with him and I had to go along with him for her sake but after I came back home from abroad I have been keeping my distance for good. I never liked him, he has always been good to me but I still feel like there's something wrong with him. ", Ishaan said him honestly and Manik relaxed a little.

 "What's up with the questions?", Ishaan asked him a little suspicious.

"Just making sure you can be trusted.", Manik replied and Ishaan looking at him wide-eyed.

"Seriously? After all this you still have doubts?", Ishaan asked offended.

"Of course I do. You are friends with him. How do I believe you are not planning something with him to harm me or Nandini.", Manik said to him flatly and Ishaan turned to him.

"I can't believe you. At least give me some credit why would I ever join hands with that jerk. I hated him and still do. And Nandini is my friend I wouldn't ever try to harm her. I am not so sure about you now.", Ishaan said seriously and Manik nodded seeing the sincerity in his eyes.

"Fine, I was just messing with you. I just wanted to know your equation with him. Maybe we can trust you.", Manik confessed and Ishaan smiled hearing him like a kid when he gets candy.

"If you don't mind me asking is he too much of a trouble to you. I have been hearing rumors about the Malhotra groups and the internal cold war between the two CEOs, You don't want me to get started with the media articles. They are quite rubbish even the titles are not creative. ", Ishaan asked him a little concerned.

"I thought the media would be experienced enough to write some quirky creative articles by now and would have been happy to get some more spice on their favourite topic.", Manik said amused as he looked at him.

"Oh trust me they are having a blast. Haven't you read anything yet?", Ishaan asked surprised.

"I will when the PR thinks necessary. I have been keeping myself away from the media and rumors. Learning from Nandini, to be honest.", Manik said with a smile as he remembers her.

"She really likes to keep herself away from all of this. It still amazes me how she doesn't know a thing about me or the reel me that is portrayed by the media. I can be myself and talk freely with her about anything. That was one of the things why I was interested in her.", Ishaan said smirking watching the ghost smile on Manik's face, and wondered if Nandini knows how he feels for her.

"That's what I feel. I can be honest and take my time with her. I don't have to worry if she will misunderstand me from the media articles or know my complete life history before I even get to know her properly.", Manik said with a proud smile on his face, and Ishaan couldn't help himself but take a picture to show it to Nandini later. She was going to thank him.

"She still doesn't know about you and Shravan or the company?", Ishaan asked him already having an idea what his answer is.

"Not yet. I mean I told her about my relation with him but the rest I am thinking to talk about it with her soon. I can't keep testing her patience.", Manik said him and Ishaan chuckled.

"What's going on with you? Sorted everything with Sia already?", Manik asked him curiously and Ishaan frowned a little before putting on a smile.

"Look at us bonding and sharing secrets. Nandini would be so proud. I can already see us becoming best friends.", Ishaan joked making Manik laugh a little at his attempt to change the conversation.

"I don't think Cabir and Mukti would approve of us being best friends. We can be friends though.", Manik added joking as he gestured towards Cabir who was sleeping on Navya's shoulder, and her watching some movie.

They looked back at Mukti who was wearing her spectacles and writing on her laptop.

"I can imagine Cabir reaction. Have seen him around in the meetings when he is all formal and strict but I can't imagine Mukti being angry. Look at her. She is so cute.", Ishaan said as he watched her and smirked.

"You haven't met her properly yet. You won't think she's cute once you know her. Hot? probably yes. Cute? no.", Manik said making a face imagining Mukti as cute. She has always been annoying to him. He has seen her being all hot and sexy with the guys when they would go to clubs but Cute never.

"I don't believe you. Yes she is hot too but she is mostly cute.", Ishaan said as he tilted his head to look at her properly.

Manik frowned a little and glared at him.

"What?", Ishaan asked with a shrug.

"Nothing.", Manik replied shaking his thoughts and getting back to his magazine.

Ishaan stood up and Manik looked at him confused.

"I will go and talk with her. Get to know her a bit too seeing I know all of you.", Ishaan said to him with a smirk.

"She is working. Don't disturb her.", Manik said with a small glare.

"I am sure she won't mind my company. Also, you are boring to hang out with after a while. I pity Nandini.", Ishaan joked and Manik glared making him walk back towards Mukti immediately before he could yell at him.     

Ishaan took a seat beside her and she looked up at him surprised.

She glanced at the side and felt Manik glaring at them.

"Why is Manik glaring?", She asked confused turning to him.

"We were just talking and he is a little upset.", Ishaan said with a smirk and she frowned.

"Did you tell him...", She asked in a whisper and he smiled moving closer to her.

"About our secret? Don't worry princess it's safe with me.", Ishaan said with a charming smile and she rolled her eyes pushing him away, and went back to her laptop.

Ishaan read a few lines of her book before turning to her wide-eyed.

He cleared his throat and she looked at him annoyed.

"What are you writing?", He asked pointing to her laptop.

"Erotica.", She answered before looking back at the screen but he starts coughing hearing her being so straightforward with it.

She passed him the bottle and he took some water before staring at her.

"I am a part-time writer. Recently I have started to write erotic romance.", She replied and he nodded trying to take the information in.

"You know you took it worse than Nandini did.",Mukti commented and he frowned.

" I am just surprised. Didn't take you as one to write erotica. I can imagine you writing romance and comedy but that was unexpected.",Ishaan clarified himself and she just smirked and focused on her book.

She was a little stuck and was rereading the chapter again and again to move forward.

Ishaan sat silently his eyes on the laptop as he read it curious and interested.

He was surprised at how detailed and descriptive it was. He was not a reader but he could literally see the images and the character playing infront of his head as he read through the chapter.

"Wow. It's nice.",He said as he looked at her getting a little uncomfortable reading it further.

"Thanks.",She replied as she narrowed her eyes at the last line and shut the laptop a little frustrated.

"Woah.",He asked raising his eyebrow.

"I just can't write ahead of it. ",Mukti explained her actions.

"Am I being a distraction? I mean I have heard people say I am distracting to be around.",Ishaan asked with a smirk and she turned and gave him an once over.

" Really? You are okay but not that okay to distract me.",Mukti said with a smirk as she put her laptop inside her bag and looked for her airpods.

"You hurt me princess.",Ishaan said dramatically putting his hand on his chest.

"I can see why Manik don't like you around.",Mukti comments finally finding her airpods.

"We have become friends infact best friends. He isn't yet ready to make it official to everyone.",Ishaan said with a chuckle as he glanced at Manik's direction.

" Keep dreaming.",Mukti comments letting out a small laugh not believing a word he said.

" Oh please. I am the best to be around. Manik loves my company. Ask Nandini she would tell you what a sweetheart I am.",Ishaan said her narrowing his eyes at her.

She frowned thinking about him still interested in Nandini and getting in middle of Manik and her.

"I don't need to. Now if you please, I need to rest.",Mukti said him with a fake smile getting irritated with him.

"Don't mind me princess. You can put your head on me too.",Ishaan replied teasing her patting his shoulders.

"Now don't be so desperate baby. I know I am hot but you are really not my type.",Mukti sassed back putting her airpods in her ears.

"I am everyone's type. You just don't know it yet.",Ishaan replied in a whisper leaning a little closer to her.

She just stared at him with raised eyebrows before looking outside the window ignoring him.

Ishaan put on a movie and watched it sipping his wine.

He was halfway through the movie when he felt a weight on his shoulders and turned around seeing Mukti sleeping on him.

He smirked watching her.

" Desperate huh?",he said to himself and chuckled clicking a selfie to show her as a proof later.

He continued with his movie ignoring her soft snores in his shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 24.9K 51
A Mafia love story featuring Manik and Nandini. Manik Malhotra who is a dangerous mafia who does not think twice before killing anyone, his paths cro...
657K 30.2K 69
MANAN LOVE IN FASHION HOUSE - totally different concept with a MaNan feel in it... Hope you will like it...Please do share your comments will lov...
865K 38.9K 36
Manik Malhotra is famous industrialist, perfect man, perfect son, perfect husband of swathi. A pure angry arrogant and very particular in office. As...
51.2K 3.8K 21
Nandini Is a Rich yet hottest girl who has a large business to handle after her family. She is bold yet selfish girl. Manik is a new to his job of be...