To Grandma's House

By julyndav

Xael Thunder Wolf has had enough of living in the city. She yearns for the quiet life she remembers when livi... More

Procrastination = Walking*
quick note
The Road at Night*
First Day at Home*
The New Cook*
Mom, We Killed Dinner!*
Home Cooked Meal*
The Run*
Details Details Details*
Prepping the Lodge*
Pow Wow ~ Arrival*
Powwow ~ Time for Dancing*
Powwow ~ Triggered*
That was a Bad One*
Sweat Lodge Begins*
The Truth About Xael*
Combat, Loss & Pain*
Back from the Lodge*
Adam & Xael*
The Nightmare Continues*
New Day ~ New Start*
Visiting the Ex-Boss*
My Brothers in Arms*
The Birds, The Bees & Omegas #1*
The Birds & The Bees & Omegas #2*
Things are Getting Serious*
Tuesday - Thursday*
Friday #1*
Friday #2*
Out for a Run*
The Alpha's Approval*
Medic!*
We Need to Talk...*
Weaklings*
Mother of Destruction*
Abdul Omar Khalid*
Time for Lodge*
Mates for Life {m}*
Alpha, Mate, Protector & Lover*
Insatiable Truth*
Awkward Conversation*
My Timid Omega*
I Could Have Lost You*
Future Plans*
Let's go Shopping
Mom & The Guys
Father-in-Law
Mother-in-law
Our New Place??
Serious Alpha vs. Playful Omega
Downtime
Surprises!!
To Grandma's House...
She's so Special
Like a Faerytale
A Time to Relax...
Closure
Just a quick note!
Making Plans
Letting Go of the Past #1
Letting Go of the Past #2
Feeding the Masses
Unbelievable
The Showdown...?
Boring but Needed Errands
Making Plans #2
The Work of Spirit
Getting Settled
Getting Settled #2
Lost in the Woods
A Long Day
Friday - The Visit
Friday - I Told You...
Hard work is done
Growing Up
author's note(#742)
Momma
The BBQ ~ #1
The BBQ #2
Lots to do!
Super Sized ~ *edited
Mr. Clean was Here
Clingy
Ears & Tail
Great Grammy
Now What??
Things Change
Answers #1
Answers #2
Holy Sh!t, Wait, What?
Back at Grandma's House
Changes
WTF!
Rest of the Week
Good Grief
**SNAP!!**
Back with Her Alpha
Staying Distracted
Staying Distracted #2
Little Boys Cry for Wolves
Everyone's Getting Settled
Give Me Your Hand
People Change
Surprise Dad!
Grandparents
Conversations
Everyone knows
Healing & Understanding
Momma's Hurting
Beau
Alpha Time to Bond
Finally Resting
Baby 1-2-3 & W-F
Danetta LeTray Montgomery
Adam is Done
Tender Loving Care
+1
Downtime & Planning
Coming Together
Welcome #2 - Learning the Ropes
Swaddled with Tiny Ears
Getting Settled
As Time Passes
Grandma's House

Welcome

715 55 49
By julyndav

The week that the Pups were about to arrive, Adam was on edge the entire time. Every whimper or sound coming from the bedroom where Xael was resting, he was there in seconds to check on her.

The Elders had to laugh at him. Here was the intimidating Great Alpha and he was behaving like a nervous mother hen where his Mate was concerned. Even though Alphas were protective of their Omegas during their pregnancies, Adam was over the top and they just let him be that way. Occasionally at night, Adam would catch Xael healing him in turn. All he had to do was gently snarl at her and she stopped, but not before giving him a quick kiss and a giggle.

During that time, everyone noticed the presence of the Wild Ones just beyond the tree line. Great Grams was the first to say something as she had been out early one morning doing her sunrise prayers when she thought she caught a glimpse of her beloved Taza down the sweat lodge trail.

Adam had gotten so protective that the rest of the guys stayed away for now. Ms. Emma, who had stopped at the diner one morning with the other Elders to give the soon to be parents some space, let the guys know it was all natural.  Adam as a first time dad would relax after the Pups arrived, Xael still wasn't out of the woods just yet.

The Elder Shado had finally made it out to Grandma's house. He had planned on being out there for a few weeks and wanted to make sure things were taken care of at home and work. Adam had been back in the bedroom with Xael when he got there and had linked his dad that he would be out in a bit. Once Xael had settled down, Adam went out to his dad and gave him a hug then he needed to go out for some hunting.

His dad decided to join him, it had been years since the two of them shifted and hunted together but it had also been years since the two of them were on tribal land together and had the time to do so. Adam and his dad got a couple of rabbits for dinner which Grandma Ella and Emma said they would cook. Making it to the back deck, the father and son shifted back to human form and rinsed off in the outdoor shower. The chill air felt good on their wet skin. Dressed in sweats and tshirt, Adam carried the game into the house and placed the cleaned rabbit carcasses in the sink.

Dinner was rabbit stew, mashed potatoes and green beans. Adam had helped Xael to the table to eat but she only ate a small portion of the potatoes and turned her nose up at the rabbit. She was definitely getting close to delivering; her not wanting food was a sure sign. The Elders gathered in the living room while Adam's dad went to the back deck for some father son time where he started a small fire in the fire pit. Tank and Dozer were sprawled out in the living room getting plenty of belly rubs. Adam wanted to check on Xael briefly after she had gone to lay down during dinner. She was still zonked out and had kicked the blankets off of her. The Alpha covered her with just the sheet and gave her a quick nuzzle. Heading to the back deck, Adam grabbed a couple of beers from the fridge for him and his dad.

Without saying anything, Adam took a seat next to his dad and handed him the ice cold beer. Neither spoke as they popped the tops and took a healthy chug. After a few moments of silence, The Elder Shado finally spoke.

"I'm proud of you son."

"Hm, thanks dad, I surprise myself sometimes.  Never thought I'd be at this point in my life.  An Omega about to have twins, me being a sheriff, not living in the city, my own home; thanks to you."

"Of course, of course." The elder Shado took a minute before continuing. "I heard from Sharon."

"I'm not surprised."

"Yeah. She is definitely not the person I mated."

"She didn't hassle you did she?"

"No, she tired believe me. So how long the Council give you off from work?"

"I've been off a while. They gave me another month after the birth for bonding with the Pups."

"Nice! Most Alphas only take a couple of weeks. It's good they gave you a decent amount of time off."

"Yeah, I'll just be glad when they get here and Xael is doing better. It's really taking a lot out of her."

"That's why twins are so rare, one Pup is a lot but two...man."

"You staying for the births right?"

"Are you kidding me?! I aint missing it for anything!"

"Thanks dad, I'm glad you and Great Grams are here."

"Love you Adam."

"Love you too dad."

"Mn. Now get back in there to your Omega, she needs you."

The two hugged and headed inside. Adam walked into the living room and called the pups to go out for the night. Back inside, Adam bid everyone good night and joined a still sleeping Xael.

With so many people now at the house, it was peacefully quite. Xael had been asleep for almost a solid two days. Opening her eyes, she desperately needed to go to the bathroom, her large belly getting in the way as she moved.

"Adam."

"Huh!! I'm up! Is it time? Are the babies coming? What's going on?!"

"Relax hon." Xael placed a gentle hand on his arm as his breathing slowed. "I need you to help me to the bathroom."

"Oh god... you scared me to death." Adam was careful as he got out the bed and helped Xael to the bathroom. Once inside, she was fine to walk on her own. Finished and opening the door, Xael wanted to sit up for a bit. Gently lowering her to the edge of the bed, Adam could see she was in pain. "What's going on babe."

Xael was rubbing her stomach and wincing. "Mn, help me walk for a bit." Sitting had not been such a good idea for her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, take me to the front deck."

"The front deck?!"

"Yes!"

"Xael?"

"Move Alpha." Xael was serious as she shot Adam her red eyes.

Without saying anything, Adam held onto her and helped her walk into the living room. The pups moved around them and ran to the front door as if they knew what was going on. Anxiously Tank and Dozer pranced around the door. Glancing at the clock on the mantel, Adam saw it was 3 in the morning. Opening the front door, Xael just stood there and took a deep breath of the crisp night air. Putting one foot out onto the deck boards, Xael winced again.

"Xael?"

"I'm fine dear, it's just a contraction."

"A CONTRACTION?!? YOU'RE IN LABOR??!!!"

"Yeah, now take me to the edge of the deck like I asked!"

"OH HELL NO! YOU ARE GOING BACK INSIDE!!"

Xael snarled at her Alpha and he returned her gesture with a snarl of his own but she was adamant about her request.

"Please..."

"Fine, but back inside you go and I'm getting the Grannies!"

"Mn."

Walking towards the edge of the deck, Xael stopped and took a deep breath; she wasn't going any further than that. She held onto Adam firmly and threw her head back; letting out a deep and resounding howl. The little pups joined in also and that woke the entire household. Xael didn't have to wait long before the Wild Ones came running out the tree line. Those that made it to the yard first, howled. Grandpa Charles threw the RV door open, his eyes red thinking something was terribly wrong and the others were rushing to the door.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!??!!"

Skylar was NOT happy as his Alpha adrenaline was going full blast.

"XAEL'S IN LABOR!!"

"BABIES!!? THE BABIES ARE COMING! THE BABIES ARE COMING!" Grandma Emma threw her arms up in the air and ran back inside to prepare while Great Granny just cracked up, almost double over with laughter.

"Well get your asses inside!" All the Alphas had turned into chickens with their heads cut off.

"Everyone chill the hell out!! They ain't coming out this second, I'm just having contractions!"

"Contractions? That's labor babe!!"

"Shut up and help me walk, Alpha!"

Adam helped Xael back inside, but refused to let her go. He held firmly onto her arm and waist. "Where do you want to go?"

"Just around the living room."

"Adam, take her around once then to the bedroom room. Xael dear I need to check how far along you are?" Great Grammy already had her sleeves rolled up ready for business. Grandma Ella was now inside and in the kitchen getting coffee going and Grandma Emma was lighting some sage.

Lap one done and Adam guided Xael into the bedroom where she laid onto the bed. Great Grams kicked Adam out and shut the door.

"How are you feeling deary?!"

"Actually not too bad considering I'm about to push two full term babies out my vagina."

"Hahaha!! Good! I'll try to be as gentle as I can."

"Mn."

Great Grams went into the bathroom to wash up and began the exam. Xael wasn't embarrassed at all to be examined by the Elder and it was over before she knew it.

"Well, this may be a long labor my dear."

"I figured as much from what you've told me."

"Mn. Don't worry, we're all here for you and your Alpha will be stuck to you like glue no doubt!"

"I know. Thank you, I'm so grateful to have all my Grandma's here with me."

"And we are happy to be here dear!! Now! Let's get your Alpha in here and get you on your feet! Walking will help you but don't over do it."

"Okay." Another contraction and Xael's ears unexpectedly popped out, she just sighed and didn't care that much. Great Grams chuckled and let her know it was just another natural part of her giving birth as a hybrid.

Door to the bedroom opening, Adam was already there.

"She's fine dearheart. Now, help her walk around, it will help with the labor!"

Adam was instantly at Xael's side. Standing, he finally noticed how big she had gotten. Her hips were wide and her breasts heavy with milk but she was still absolutely gorgeous to him. Xael gave him a warm smile as Adam embraced her, kissing her on the temple. They two didn't need to say anything as he took up his position next to her and helped her out into the living room. Walking around, Xael noticed the sage had been replaced with the wonderful aroma of sweetgrass. Xael, who had a hair in a bun, took it down. The tresses flowing down her back and almost to her waist.

With Xael doing her laps, everyone else seemed to have a job to do and got right to it. The Alphas went outside and noticed the wolves lying peacefully off to the sides, Tank and Dozer were either playing or loving on their wolf parents. Xael linked the Elder Alphas to let them know it was okay and that they were there for the birth. Grandma's Ella and Emma were in the bedroom preparing the space and had moved the bed off to the side. There was an old metal hook hanging from the ceiling and the ladies placed a long leather strap through it with the help of a foot stool. There were hospital grade pads on the floor area and other items off to the side.

There were some wide, belt like sashes, another thing of sweet grass, a piece of something that looked like carved bone, more padding and other times. Adam caught glimpses of this as he walked past the room. The Grandpas were all outside tasked with digging two holes under one of the trees. They all knew what they were for and it didn't take them long to get the holes dug. Gunner and Moose, although familiar with Skylar, kept their distance from the two legged Alphas.

After 6 laps around the living room, Xael was having a seat and drinking some special herbal tea. The Grandma's had everything ready for the upcoming births. Xael would give birth squatting; using the leather straps hanging from the ceiling for support. Great Grams had already told Adam that he wasn't allowed in the room during the birth but that once a Pup was born, they would be brought out for him to cut the umbilical cord. Great Grams was old, old school and still held onto certain traditions.

After the births and once Xael was taken care of, he would be allowed in the room where instinct would keep him next to her and his Pups for a day or two. Xael wanted to walk more so Adam obliged and was very attentive to her. Her body sensing the arrival of babies, her breasts began to leak a little which Great Grams let her know was a good sign. That meant she had a healthy flow of milk.

6 more laps and Xael wanted to lay down as the contractions had slowed for now. Adam stayed in the room with her for about an hour, providing his Omega with some much needed healing and closeness. Once he was sure that she was resting peacefully, he came out into the living room and to the kitchen when he had smelled food being prepared. Adam would eat quickly then head back in to be with his Mate.

"She resting?"

"Yes sir?"

Grandpa Charles just nodded and went back to his coffee. Adam looked around for the pups, closing his eyes, he sensed them outside with the other Pack. That was fine with him and the furry boys probably needed some time with their wolf parents; after the birth the furry little ones would probably never see Wild ones again. Done eating, Adam went to be with Xael.

Laying down behind her, his hand rested on her stomach thinking she was asleep but Xael placed her hand over his.

"Mn, I thought you were resting babe."

"I am."

"How you doing?"

"Better with you here. Where are the boys?"

"Out with their dads."

"Nice. You know after this we'll probably never see the others again." Xael's voice was a little shaky.

"You want to go out and see your boys?"

"...no. I said goodbye to them once."

"I understand. You want to walk around some more?"

"No, will you just lay here with me for a bit?"

"Of course, you don't have to ask me that kitten."

"Hmm, will you call the others to come out here."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. The Pups will need to meet all their Uncles and Aunties."

"I will when it's time."

Xael had already dozed off again. Adam got comfortable and gave Xael more of his healing energy for the night.

Morning, Xael woke Adam up bright and early as she was now in distress and knew it was now time. Getting up, Adam almost tripped over Dozer who was sprawled out on his side of the bed on the floor. Skylar must have let them in at some point during the night. The nervous Alpha made a beeline for Great Grams room and didn't even bother to knock. It didn't matter as she was already up, her drum and a small, worn leather pouch in hand.

"Grandson, let's bring those babies of yours into this world, mn!?"

Adam gave her a worried smile.

"There, there. Your Omega is strong, she'll make it through the deliveries."

"Thanks Grams."

"Now, go get the others and you Alphas get the hell outta the house!"

"Yes ma'am."

Adam knocked on Ms. Emma's and Skylar's door then headed outside to the RV, but not before stopping one last time to his Mate. Foreheads together, Adam put both hands on Xael's face and tenderly kissed her forehead.

"You link me if things get bad, understand?"

"I understand Alpha."

With a heavy sigh, Adam headed outside for the other Grandmother. Great Grams (GG) would only allow Adam to enter the birthing room if Xael was in serious trouble. Walking outside Ja'an, now in human form, was walking towards him dressed in a simple linen dress.

"Ja'an." Had bowed to her slightly.

"Congratulations Great Alpha, you are close to holding your babies."

"Thank you. I know Xael would love it if you were there for the birth."

"Mn. I already linked her. Don't worry, your Omega will be just fine. There's a lot of loving, strong female energy in that room with her."

"Thank you Ja'an."

Adam went to get Grandma Ella and the birthing circle would be complete. Adam walked around the side of the house to the back deck and started up a fire for the others. It didn't take long and they were being shoved out the door.

"Have a seat." Adam tried not to laugh.

Skylar handed Adam his phone.

"How was she?"

"Walking around, Ja'an was helping her."

"Mn."

Not too long after the others came out, Ms. Ella was there with a thermos of coffee and cups. "Breakfast will be out in a bit."

"How's Xael?"

"She's walking those babies into the world young Alpha. We'll let you know when the babies are actually coming."

Adam's dad patted him on the shoulder. "You're worse than me son, just settle. Your Omega will be fine, if she runs into trouble one of them will come and get you."

Inside, Xael was doing more laps around the living to help with the strong contractions and the Pups drop further down. Ja'an was strong enough that she could support Xael while she walked around. What Xael really needed right now was Adam massaging her lower back.

"Gram?"

"You need your Alpha huh?"

"Yeah, my back is killing me."

"Mn."

Ja'an linked Adam and he came rushing through the door. Emma and Ella were making an early breakfast and Great Grams was on the front deck doing prayers.

"Adam, Xael needs you to massage her back."

"Okay."

Xael just looked at him and he could tell she was in severe pain. Walking back in, Great Grams gave him a thumbs up and put her drum down.

"Adam, you take such good care of Omega!" Patting him on the shoulder she headed into the kitchen for coffee also.

Xael squatted onto the low ottoman in front of her Grandma Emma's chair with her back towards Adam. Resting her head on the cushion of the chair, Adam sat on the floor and began massaging her lower back and hips. Xael's purring started up.

"Thanks hon."

"Of course babe, how you doing?"

"It's rough, not even gonna lie."

"I got you baby."

"I know Alpha."

Adam massaged the pain away for almost thirty minutes, the two of them sharing nuzzles and kisses. Breakfast was ready but Adam was too focused on his Omega to be worried about it. Adam helped Xael do more laps and Grandma Ella brought her a small cup of herbal tea. After the Grandmothers ate, things started to ramp up and the contractions were coming fast and strong. Adam was pushed back outside to the fire pit. He figured now would be a good time to call the others. Before each call ended, Adam let the guys know that the wolves were back and to just ignore them, if they could carpool the better. Dentin and Kai were the first ones there since they practically lived down the street. The diner and police station closed so that everyone could be there. With cars pulling into the drive, Skylar and the Elder Shado went up front to stop the Alphas from going inside. There were already plenty of chairs set up outside around the fire pit for them. Skylar had been told that Vicki and Ester were needed to help with meals and the births so they were directed inside surprising the two women that they were now part of the birthing circle.

Sitting outside, Adam would occasionally close his eyes and link his Mate. She was still holding up and was almost to the point that she could start pushing. The first scream of pain startled him.

With his head in his hands, Adam had all his attention focused on his Omega, encouraging her the entire time. The Alphas on the back deck just let Adam be. After 15 minutes of screaming and yells to 'push', a cry was heard and Adam was at attention. A few minutes later, Ja'an was at the door with something in her arms and Adam was there as well.

"Congratulations Great Alpha, here's your first Pup." The human form Spirit Wolf carefully transferred the small, warm bundle into his arms. Adam couldn't help but shed a tear as he breathed in his newborn Pups scent, nuzzling the little one, the Alpha gave a soft growl and the baby started making the cutest sounds. Instead of cutting the umbilical, Adam extended his canines out and swiftly bit it. More screams and yells were heard and Ja'an returned inside.

Adam, holding onto the tiny creature as if his life depended on it, presented him to the rest of his Pack. The Alphas all gathered round and howled, the wolves out front joined in to welcome the new addition. Before the howls ended, Ja'an was at the door again.

"Great Alpha, here's your other son, both healthy Pups!"

Now with his arms full, Adam threw his head back and let out a joyous howl. The entire area was filled with the wondrous sound as all wolves present joined in. The babies, who began crying at all the noise, had stopped crying and managed to open their eyes, both trained on their new Poppa.

With happy tears, Adam nuzzled into both of them. Each of the Alphas present, walked up to the newborns and touched foreheads with them, cementing them as part of their Pack. Around the side of the house, came the Great and majestic Spirit Wolf Alpha. Everyone, including Adam kneeled in his presence. Adam remained in his position as the Great Wolf approached, touching his nose to the newborn's foreheads. He too gave a mighty howl and another round started.

Before all the others, the Spirit Wolves shifted briefly into their human forms. Those that weren't Wolfen, had a hard time keeping it together.  They were all dressed in light linen smocks to cover their nude bodies.

"Congratulations Great Alpha. You will be a fine father and Pack leader; teach your Pups well and never let them forget where they come from."

"I Promise."

Ja'an came out to join her Mate. She stopped and kissed the newborns on the forehead.

"Go to your Mate, she needs you now. Know that we will always be watching...all of you. Even you humans; you're part of a loving and powerful Pack now."

Ted and James were speechless as were some of the young Alphas. Babies safely delivered and their momma doing fine. The Wild ones departed down the sweat lodge Trail. Taza hung around and gave one more howl, letting Great Grams know he was there and always would be.

Going inside, Adam carried his newborn sons into the bedroom and to their momma who was now resting in bed. The room had been cleaned and the last remnants of sweetgrass was dying down. Xael now had her ears and tail out after the stress her body had just gone through. Propped up with pillows behind her back, Adam sat next to her on the bed and handed her one of their Pups. Xael immediately began to purr and nuzzled into him, soft cooing sounds coming from both of the babies. Xael just had a robe on and there was a wide sash wrapped around her still full belly. The Grandma's all got quick hugs and left the new parents alone to bond with their newborns.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

495K 21.9K 31
(HIGHEST RANK FOR ROMANCE #171) (HIGHEST RANK FOR BWWM #4) Ava is a seventeen year old girl just trying to take care of her five year old brother Tre...
155K 5.6K 27
I had been waiting for over 200 years. I wanted the one thing everyone got, but not everyone kept. I would keep it though. It would never leave my si...
104K 855 5
๐‚๐€๐’๐“๐‹๐„๐’ ๐‚๐‘๐”๐Œ๐๐‹๐ˆ๐๐† โ› ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ โœ oscar piastri x fem!oc social media...
37.6K 1.2K 34
Running from his dark legacy, River finds himself caught in the midst of a werewolf rivalry bleeding into the human world; a low fantasy enemies to l...