The Bargain with the Billiona...

Od Himitsunosakka

She is Dominique Garcia a freelance animator by day and a band vocalist at night. Two months ago, she was a s... Viac

Chapter 1- Bargain
Chapter 2- Music
Chapter 3- Best friends
Chapter 4- Second meeting
Chapter 5- Curiosity
Chapter 6- Fate
Chapter 7- Challenge
Chapter 8- Revenge
Chapter 9- Drunk
Chapter 10- Car
Chapter 11- Visitors
Chapter 12-Jealousy
Chapter 13-Surprises
Chapter 14- Set up
Chapter 15- Scandal
Chapter 16- Escape
Chapter 17- Press Conference
Chapter 18- Mask
Chapter 19 -Concert
Chapter 20- Proposal
Chapter 21 -Cowards
Chapter 22- Family
Chapter 24- Promise
Chapter 25- Injuries
Chapter 26- Bride
Chapter 27- Wedding
Chapter 28- Fake
Chapter 29- Honeymoon
Chapter 30 - Misunderstanding
Chapter 31 - Confession
Chapter 32 - Beginning
Chapter 33 - Daughter

Chapter 23 -Memories

6.7K 230 5
Od Himitsunosakka

“Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us.” ~ Oscar Wilde

Dominique’s POV

No familiar pictures hanging on the wall. No electric guitar above the headboard. No drum set in the corner. Obviously, it’s not my room. Where am I?

I got up from the bed and put my sneakers on that were carefully placed in a corner. The room is beige and white. The elegance can be compared to top notch five star hotel suites. The space is huge. Whoever owns this room is minimalist and wants big space to move around. There are plaques and trophies on display.

The room itself is screaming money but what really caught my attention is the picture on the wall that seems out of place. It was old. It’s a picture of group of boys beaming at the camera behind a tent. They’re wearing Boy Scout uniforms. Some of them look very familiar.

Now I remember. They’re the bullies in elementary school where I used to attend. I should remember because I’m one of their victims. They’re my mortal enemies especially the leader. I can’t remember his full name. I’m busy avoiding him at that time. But everyone in school called him Third.

Yeah, that’s him, the crazy little bad boy who promised to marry me when I turn thirty.

I smiled at the thought.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

“Hey, transferee what’s your name?” He suddenly sprouted in the hallway blocking me. I stepped aside and ignored him but he followed me and blocked my way again. “Hey, I’m talking to you.” His gang suddenly showed up beside him to make sure I was cornered.

“By the way, I’m Third. Not first, not second, but Third. Remember that okay?” He offered his hand for a handshake but I didn’t accept it.

“I’m not asking.” I muttered sharply but I’m sure my voice was barely audible. He’s so intimidating standing so proud and tall in front of me with his boyish grin. He’s really tall for a fifth grader and he’s undeniably cute no doubt about that. As a matter of fact, every girl in school who already knew the meaning of crush has that for him and I’m not an exception. But that’s my deepest secret and I’ll die if someone knows specially him.

“Then, I’m telling you.” Without warning, he snatched my ID. “So, you’re Dominique Red Garcia. Nice name.” He then pinned my ID back to my tie. “Nice meeting you, Red.”

“Don’t call me Red. It’s Dominique.” I said irritably but tried to suppress my voice in order to not get too much attention.

He just smiled at me showing his perfect set of teeth. “You’re Red for me. Not white, not blue, but Red.” He then laughed after that and before we got too much attention from other students, I decided to turn my back on him.

But he reached out for my hair and snatched my ponytail.

From that day on, he called me Red no matter how I insisted not to.

And he always snatched my ponytail for unknown reason.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Oh, shit! I’m supposed to be in the garden now having dinner with his family not reminiscing stupid memories. But he didn’t wake me up.

Maybe he’s ashamed of being seen with me. Maybe he prefers to be seen with Red. Yeah, the one and only Red in his life – his fiancée number two, Abigail Red.

Maybe I should stay here in the room until they finished their dinner or I’ll just elope secretly and go back to Manila.

And then what? Forget the fake Leandro Valderama? That’s impossible.

That’s really possible. I’ve done it with Raymond. I can do it again this time with Leandro.

Now I’m debating with my own brain.

What should I do?

Without further thinking I descended the stairs with no particular place to go to and with no solid plan to pursue.

All I’m thinking about now is that no matter how fake Leandro is, he helped me a lot before when I’m crazy about Raymond. He never left me on my own even when the scandal broke. He fought for me in front of the press, millions of people and even his family. He stood up for me many times already without really asking something in return.

And I couldn’t just turn my back on him, not when I know he needs me on this fight plus the fact that we have a deal and I consented on that deal.

Fake or not, we are in it together.

Fake or not, we are to finish it together.

I just hope by the end of the deal, I will not find myself fighting alone. I hope he’ll stand by my side till the end and doesn’t back out just like what Raymond did.

So, that’s it, I’m facing them after all.

I passed different huge doors leading to I don’t know where. I stopped when I spotted a specific room, which more like a music room with a grand piano in the center. It’s like what Demon has in his villa. The one that we played together when we we’re teenagers.

I smiled at the thought of Demon. He’s the one who taught me how to play piano. He showed me his tricks. Back then after his parents died, it’s only me, him and music.

He spent most of his time in the music room playing sad songs on the piano. Most of the time, when I caught him crying he always got away with phrase it’s because of the piano.

But I know him better than anyone else. It’s because he misses his parents. I never pointed that out. I just agreed with him. Yes, it’s because of the piano.

I played several keys and I can’t help myself not to play more. I sat on the stool and started playing.

And then I started crying.

Their busy with dinner and no one will notice or if anyone hears and sees me crying, I’ll just use Demon’s favorite phrase, it’s because of the piano.

No one will know for sure that it’s because of Leandro.

Even Leandro will think it’s because of Raymond.

When I’m in the middle of the song, I felt eyes watching me intently. My fingers suddenly stopped tapping on the keys. When I turned my head towards the door, I saw him, Leandro together with his family looking at me with their wondering eyes.

I abruptly stood up clutching my fingers together. I looked like a kid caught cheating on exam. I can’t find my voice to apologize but somehow I managed to in between my stuttering.

Then Leandro came to my rescue again. He hugged me close to him with so much concern on his face. Here I go again, crying in his arms like a baby. He kissed my forehead and looked at me tenderly before drying my tears with his fingers.

Maybe for him it’s fake, but somehow it feels real to me. I’ll just pretend it’s real. That he loves me for real.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

“What did you say?” I almost shouted at him that caught the attention of some of his relatives. We feigned a smile reassuring them that everything is fine when the truth is it’s definitely not and not even close to that.

Everyone is assuming I’m pregnant. What the hell? I just slept for like minutes and then suddenly I’m pregnant?

That explains the sudden mood change of his family. They’re thinking I’m carrying Leandro’s baby.

Genie, relax okay.”

“You should tell that to yourself. You’re so tense.” I snapped at him and then I looked around checking if someone heard. Good thing, no one did. Everyone was busy with their own business. I couldn’t see even the shadow of his Red.

Yes, I’m so bitter that even balsam apple will run in shame. Don’t blame me. I’m so jealous, jealous of his Red. Who wouldn’t be when she’s so stunning and I’m so – never mind, just forget it.

“It’s because I’m afraid of your reaction.”

“So it’s my fault now?” I muttered gritting my teeth.

His lips twitched a little controlling his smile while his hand ran through his hair making it more tousled than it already was. He looks so cute even if he’s frustrated and doesn’t seem to find his words.

He sighed deeply in resignation. “Just eat, okay. We’ll talk about it later.”

“Then stop talking to me. How can I eat if you’re keeping my mouth open?”

He suddenly laughed with that. The kind of laugh that Leandro does that made my heart flip. “Then stop responding.”

“So, you’ll win?” I shook my head in defiance. “No way.”

“Or maybe you want me to do something about that smart mouth of yours.” It didn’t escape my notice that his eyes are looking at me with amusement.

“Like what?” Actually, I should just shut my mouth because from the looks of him, he’s starting to be naughty.

He leaned forward and whispered. “Like for example putting my tongue in it.”

That’s what I’m talking about. I feel my cheeks tinted with my most abhorred color now, Red as red as tomatoes. I know I’m blushing furiously.

He looked at me with stupid grin on his handsome face. “You’re so adorable when you blush.” And then he leaned forward again but not to whisper something naughty but to kiss me on the forehead.

Why on earth he’s so irritating one second and so sweet the next? I can’t find a way to stay angry with him for long.

And why he’s wearing casual now? He looks good on suits but I preferred him this way wearing his long sleeve flannel and torn jeans. So manly.

“Delicious right?” He asked teasingly when he noticed me gawking at him. He’s smiling with his eyes.

I don’t know if he’s talking about the food or him, but maybe the latter so I never commented and played safe.

I looked down on my plate pretending to be busy eating but the truth is I’m trying so hard not to smile and much more giggle. This is the naughty Leandro Valderama and I don’t know how to deal with this side of him.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

I was just behind him, just several steps away but he didn’t notice me. He’s busy talking to Red. It is as if their laughing with their own private jokes. I felt frustrated again and my heart ached seeing them together. They really look good together. Maybe he’s family is right after all. Red is the right woman for him. Before he turned his head and noticed me, I hastily left the gazebo.

I avoided him like a plague throughout the entire dinner party. Good thing Demon called me and kept me busy. They always have perfect timing. I’m not surprise at all that they followed me here. They always do that anyway. And they brought my favorite jacket to get away with it. They’re all tyrants but sweet ones.

When I met them beside the giant gate, Chev hugged me tightly to him without warning. “Merry Christmas, Dom.”

Carl did the same thing. He hugged me and kissed me on the head. “Merry Christmas, Nique.”

And then Demon kissed me on the forehead just like he always does whenever he’s lonely. “Merry Christmas, Nik-nik.”

Something is really off here.

After a little talk and a little drama, they left me with smiles not quite reaching their eyes. I got even more confused.

What’s wrong with those three?

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Those ponytails on the abstract painting look very familiar. Yes, they really are familiar because they’re mine.

After a minute of contemplating, I asked Hyacinth about the painting and she said their mom made it but the ponytails are from his brother. What does that mean?

“Actually, mom created it as a reminder of my promise to a certain girl before.” Leandro butted in behind me, just inches apart, really close to make all my senses alive. I can smell his cologne combined with his natural scent.

He’s looking at the painting and I’m looking at him appalled. I can’t find my words for seconds. I tried to open my mouth but nothing came out from it.

He’s Third. Leandro Cliff Valderama is the crazy little boy whom I met in the past. Not only met. He’s my enemy, but ironically my protector at the same time.

“You…You’re Third?” I managed to ask him between stuttering.

He smiled widely in my direction with relief evident on his face.

“Yeah, not first, not second, but Third.” He chuckled with amusement. “And you’re Red?”

“Yeah, not white, not blue, but Red.” I replied with the same amusement.

We laughed together softly after that totally ignoring Hyacinth who was looking at both of us confused.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

2.1K 45 34
She loves staying bundled up at home, and so does he. She loves physical touch, and so does he. She loves football, and so does he. She loves playing...
200K 5.8K 20
"You know you want me." He smirked seductively from across the room. "I know you want me, I know you care. Just shout whenever and I'll be there."...
589K 17.9K 37
"Cornelia, let's make a deal. You will be my fake girlfriend for 3 months. And I will pay you 30 million dollars for your service, how is that?" "I r...
1.2M 40.2K 65
"What if your not so one nightstand turns out to be your new boss ?" ❤ STARTED : 9th DECEMBER 2020 FINISHED: 14th FEBRUARY...