young & alive | yang jungwon

By ursotubular

"do you actually hate jungwon? i'm starting to believe you don't." the two have been bickering back and forth... More

intro
chapter 1.
chapter 2.
chapter 3.
chapter 4.
chapter 5.
chapter 7.
chapter 8.
chapter 9.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.
chapter 31.
chapter 32.
readers qna!
chapter 33.
chapter 34.
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37.
chapter 38.
chapter 39.
chapter 40.
chapter 41.
end! + behind the scenes book

chapter 6.

8.1K 356 199
By ursotubular

jake and eunji finally arrived at the ice rink on time, much quicker than if she rode her bike. the girl got out and thanked the guy before he drove off.

it didn't take long before she spotted a few familiar faces. "hey sunghoon!" she waved over and

she came closer and greeted every person one by one until she froze on a familiar face. "you're kidding me."

"following me around aren't you?"

the boy smirked at her angry face while she wanted to do anything in her power to wipe his smile off.

"anyways!" sunghoon awkwardly broke the tension. "now that eun's here, let's get our skates?"

in a matter of 10 minutes, eunji quickly learned the hard way that putting on ice skates is the world's most difficult thing. the shoes were so tight and had to be, making it a pain to shove her feet into.

"here, i got you," the experienced skater ran to his friend's side. he kneeled down and held the shoe for her as she shoved her foot in.

hana noticed the way sunghoon rushed over to the girl and gave her a sad look in her direction.

"let's go!" jungwon excitedly declared, noticing hana's disappointed pout. the four waddled through the ice entrance and held onto the wall for dear life.

————————— <3 —————————

"eun, you good? are you sure you're doing okay?"

sunghoon couldn't help but laugh at his friend's failed attempts at skating. she kept bending over and had a hard time finding a sense of balance.

"i'm alright i got this! i swear!" she shouted from further down the rink. the boy shook his head and skated over to her, letting her hold onto him for support.

hana skated by, trying to show off in front of sunghoon, only to be ignored by the busy boy.
she rolled her eyes and went back to jungwon to skate with him instead.

"jungwon, i heard that eunji and sunghoon are dating."

"really?" he was shocked, not gonna lie, but he was even more surprised that eunji managed to pull someone before he did.

"but i thought he invited you here to spend more time with you? you do realize he only invited eunji so i wouldn't have to third wheel alone?"

"yeah, it should make sense right? but i heard from mina that they're dating and she's in their class. plus did you see them earlier? he kept calling her cute nicknames."

hana sounded deflated and a sense of defeat, knowing that another girl got to sunghoon before she could.

"apparently they were staring at each other and he played with her hair," hana began. "and i heard he even asked if her if she was free to hang out!"

even though hana was telling him all this stuff, it went in one ear and out the other.

he was more focused on the fact that someone actually found interest in eunji. how could anyone deal with someone that annoying?

by the time he snapped out of it, she was still going. "i know you guys aren't like the closest closest but could you ask eunji if it's true? i really hope it's just a rumor."

jungwon sighed and nodded before hana gave him a quick hug as a thanks. he would do anything for his best friend, even if it included talking to the girl.

after a little while eunji finally got the hang of it and sunghoon let go, skating back to the group.

hana used this opportunity to skate up and talk to the older boy, something she was looking forward to all day.

jungwon, offended at how easily he was ditched, had no other choice but to go up to the girl.

eunji was still close to the side walls trying to practice going long distance when the older boy walked up.

"eunji? you okay?" even he found it a little funny that she looked like she was about to fall on her face every time she took a step.

"why does everyone keep asking me that!? am i really that bad?"

eunji was naturally competitive and practically falling in front of the person she competed with the most, was not one of her desires.

the boy coughed, sliding a slight "maybe" into his response. the pair quickly came to a consensus that it was a good time to take a break from the ice and sit down at one of the nearby benches.

"by the way, if anyone sees us next to each other in public, it's gonna hurt my ego reaaaal bad," eunji threatened.

her and jungwon's feuds were known past their small group of friends, but reached the entire school. it made sense though as the two were never quiet about their hatred for one another.

"okay okay! acting as if i want to be seen next to you either?" the girl shoved him further down the bench, only for the boy to slide back closer.

"so uh i was wondering if you were dating anyone?" the boy gulped, wondering if she would possibly take his words the wrong way.

"am i hearing that yang jungwon is curious? if you have a crush on me, you can just tell me," she teased. "i don't bite."

she took both of his hands and intertwined their fingers, squeezing his hands. after a few seconds, she let go, laughing at the now flushed face boy. "no! no way! not what i meant! are you insane?"

"i was just joking! i promise i would never swoop down that low to date you." the poor boy was still thrown off from the sudden skinship and didn't know what to say.

"what? you've never felt the touch of a girl before? jeez, when i heard people say that, i thought they were just kidding..."

to jungwon's surprise, eunji had never held hands with a boy either, and he was her first. something about it felt relaxing, but she quickly shook off the feeling.

she didn't know if it was the boy himself or just the feeling of holding hands, and she would never in a million years go with the first option.

but of course after making fun of jungwon, she was never going tell him all that.

"ANYWAYS," jungwon scoffed, pretending he didn't just hear what the girl said about him. "i heard from someone that you're dating sunghoon? kinda weird he invited hana then."

now it was eunji's turn to be throw off. "you're kidding right?" the boy shook his head. "me? dating sunghoon? no way, we are just friends."

eunji's eyes went wide when she remembered that jungwon apparently heard the rumor from someone. "who told you this?"

"don't tell her or else she will absolutely kill me, but i heard from hana and hana heard from mina."

eunji only faintly remembered who mina was, but she thought she remembered seeing her somewhere during her schedule.

"and apparently he ruffled your hair? and you guys were quote on quote 'staring at each other.'"

the girl choked on her saliva, gagging at the thought of people thinking she was dating her best friend.

"oh and i was gonna ask you about this earlier, but apparently he asked you if you were free to hang out?"

"jungwon? he was literally talking about today, dumbass." now it was eunji's time to get revenge, messing with the boy next to her's hair.

jungwon finally connected the dots and realized it was a huge misunderstanding. "so to be sure, you're not dating sunghoon right?"

"yes, definitely not." she reassured. the two figured they talked long enough before they would be spotted in public and went back to the other pair.

...

jungwon and eunji both spotted the other two finally on speaking terms again and took a sigh of relief.

hana and sunghoon were the sole reasons they were there, and they definitely did not want it to be awkward any longer.

"so i'm guessing you two sorted everything out?"

hana nodded and explained, "it was a whole misunderstanding, he confirmed that it was just a rumor."

"so you guys a thing yet?" he smirked at the girl. jungwon knew his friend all to well to figure out that she was too scared to make a move.

"no no no! moving to fast there won. i don't even know if he likes me back!" jungwon gave a 'you are so blind' look at the dense girl then moved his gaze to sunghoon only to catch him staring at her.

"don't worry i got you."

finally the yang jungwon wingman business was back in the game. but no business man can do all the work alone right?

"eunji, can you come here? i have an idea."

— a/n
longer chapter to make up for the last one!

and oh my god eunji is so bolddd i could never be like her i wanna hold someone's hand

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 9.4K 64
โ˜†โ˜† โ€žHyeona, we can't fucking do this!", he lowered his head to not lose his temper. โ€žNo one will know.". I calmed him by placing one hand on his che...
167K 6.7K 34
Jake couldn't have imagined debuting with someone who seemed so perfect and talented. He also knew that even if he did, he could never be in a relati...
119K 6.2K 23
They are the bad boys of Seoul International High School. The thing is that they hate each other for some reason. "-Look I don't wanna be a jerk to y...
198K 7.9K 29
It all started when the girl lend the crying boy her umbrella on a rainy day, who knew she had the ability to fix his broken heart? - enemies to love...