My Husband With Scolar Syndro...

By jenniertyuiop

Jennie Kim lived for twenty-six years before she knew that she had a sudden genetic disease. There was no med... More

1. Rebirth
2. Proposal
3. Marriage
4. You're feeling sad
5. Suspected ex-wife
6. We wait for them to agree
7. Loving her
8. Give Me your picture
9. You're my window
10. Cute
11. Sit Together
12. Don't Hate Me
13. First day living together
14. To promise
15. Present
16. You're Absolutely Dazzling
17. Headphones
18. Salary
19. You're More Beautiful Than Books
20. Handing Over Salary Card
21. Not At All Uncomfortable
22. Lisa very good
23. An Unexpected Popular Advertisement
24. Sudden Clap of Thunder
25. First Kiss
26. Flirty
27. Returning Home
28. Insufficient Strength
29. Jigsaw Puzzle
30. How Much Is In The Salary Card?
31. Cup of Happiness
32. Go Back to Work and Support a Wife
33. To Give Out Wedding Candies
34. Another Onset
35. Has Nothing to do with Virtue or Responsibility
36. Coaxing Wife
37. Pleasant Surprise
38. Skipping Work
39. A Gift For Victory
40. Wedding House
41. Irresistible Itch
42. Don't Want to Scare Her
43. Thunderstorm, Want to Kiss You
44. Angry
45. Run Away
46. I'll Pick You Up From Work
47. What Are You Afraid Of?
48. I've Already Liked Her From A Long Time Ago
49. Contradiction
50. Sleep With Me
51. Jennie Likes Me
52. Make You Better
53. Cares About Family
54. Valentine's Gift ( 1 )
55. Valentine's Gift ( 2 )
56. Valentine's Gift ( 3 )
57. First Night At The New Home
58. Signs Of Genetic Disease
59. Lose Control
60. Growing Up
61. I've Been to Your School
62. Change
63. Complete Couple
64. Sweet Worries
65. At a Loss
66. Bought It All
67. Ji Eun Disease
68. No Cure
69. If I'm Sick Too
70. No Need to Understand Sadness
71. You Promised
72. Do You Have Abdominal Muscles?
73. Have a Baby
74. Faint
75. I'm Not Afraid
77. Finale
Extra - First Meeting
Extra - Leo Manoban
New Book
New Book

76. Disease

9.6K 350 40
By jenniertyuiop

After living in the Manoban family home for a week and confirming there was no problem with her heath, the two moved back to their home. Although the Manoban family can reach out and be involved, but as the old saying goes, someone's gold or silver nest isn't as good as their own grass nest. As soon as she entered the door, Jennie felt that her two-bedroom and one living room house was much more comfortable than the Manoban family's villa.

Slumped on the sofa, holding a pillow in her arms, Jennie sighed comfortably, "It's better to have a small home for the both of us."

"No, for three people," Lisa corrected.

"Yes, for three people." Jennie touched her belly and apologized. "I'm sorry baby, mom almost forgot you."

After apologizing, Jennie looked up at Lisa and found that she was in the kitchen again. she put away the pots and pans from the counter to their original place along with the soil, salt, soy sauce and vinegar.

This is another episode of OCD.

Jennie couldn't help but smile. Sometimes she thinks that OCD can also be very good. People with OCD will clean the rooms very consciously. Since they moved out, except for cooking, almost all the other housework was carried out by Lisa. And Lisa also had a great advantage with that too. No matter how messy their home was, she never complains, but quietly reorganizes.

After half an hour of cleaning up, Lisa finished, so Jennie beckoned her over. Lisa didn't even have time to take a sip of water and walked over.

"All sweaty, did I make the house very messy?" Jennie asked.

"A little." Lisa nodded honestly.

"Do you despise me?" Jennie raised her eyebrows. The mess was when she picked out her clothes that day, so the closet was a little disorderly.

"No." Lisa shook her head hurriedly and explained, "It's just a little bit messier than usual."

"What can we do about that later?" Jennie deliberately scared Lisa, "When our baby is born, this family will be a hundred times more disorderly than it is now. And little children, how will you teach the disobedient child?"

Lisa imagined this scene, and after a while, her brows began to twist quietly.

"Would you hate the child because of this?" After the baby was born, Jennie wanted to personally raise her own child. She wants to give her child a complete family of three while she's still healthy. But after having a child, life will become very messy. If Lisa can't tolerate it, she will consider returning to the Manoban family home.

After reaching a tacit agreement with Lisa, Jennie has no desire to forcible changing some of Lisa's so-called shortcomings. She just wanted their family to be happy together.

"No!" Lisa replied rather firmly.

"So confident ah?" Jennie was a little surprised.

"En!" Lisa looked at Jennie and said very seriously, "When you were a child, you always threw things around and I didn't hate you."

So naturally, I won't hate our children.

"Where have I?" Jennie firmly refused to admit it. She was very clever when she was a child.

"Have." Lisa gave an example. "Every time you read in the study, you would mess up the bookshelves."

"Didn't I put the books back ah?" When she was a child, she often went to Lisa's house to read books, but after reading them, she would make sure to put them back.

"But... you put it back in the wrong order." In Lisa's eyes, the order wasn't right, so it was messy.

"..." Jennie stared at Lisa and asked, "You remember this thing for so long, you say, did you feel angry at that time?"

"No, I just have good memory."

Jennie was teased by Lisa's honest answer. After laughing for a while, she held Lisa's hand and gently pressed it against her stomach. She solemnly asked, "Promise me that you'll be nice to him/her."

”Em.” Lisa's palm didn't dare to move, because there was a new life growing from within.

=

Jennie doesn't know if other people feel this way while they're pregnant. She can clearly feel that her body's nutrients were absorbed little by little by the child. She suddenly became a glutton. When the child was three months old, her hunger tripled and she inexplicably likes to eat sweets. Her stomach will become crazy hungry after almost less than two hours from her previous meal.

But every time the obstetric examination is done, the doctor gives the conclusion that her metabolism is very high during pregnancy, and pregnant women need to provide sufficient nutrition to the fetus, so it's normal to feel lethargic, hungry and eat sweet food. Even Mother Kim comforted her daughter that it was better to eat more than to have morning sickness. However, Jennie always felt wrong, because she ate so much, but her stomach was smaller than other pregnant women in the same month, and her weight didn't significantly increase.

The doctor also felt strange about this, but after all the examinations, everything was concluded to be normal.

Unable to find the reason for her abnormality, Jennie let herself relax and take care of the baby. Until the child was almost seven months old, that day, Lisa had just sent her to the studio's door when the familiar feeling of dizziness suddenly appeared, pulling her into the darkness.

When she woke up again, it was six days later, she was lying in a private ward. Beside her face was a haggard Lisa.

"Jennie." When Jennie moved, Lisa noticed. she immediately leaned over to Jennie.

"Lisa ..." Jennie wanted to sit up, but once her hand moved, Lisa held it down.

"Don't move, there's an infusion bag connected to the back of your hand."

"What about the child?" Jennie laid down again.

"The child is fine." Lisa held Jennie's hand and gently placed it on her swollen abdomen, making her feel the child's presence.

Jennie suddenly breathed a sigh of relief, the child is fine , then asked: "How long have I slept?"

"Six days." Lisa replied.

"Six days? Am I sick?"

At the moment when she fainted, Jennie's heart was already feeling a little faint, this kind of dizziness wasn't normal. She felt alive initially, then suddenly without any warning, her whole body was emptied of its strength.

”Em.” Lisa didn't hide it.

"Same illness as my cousin?" Jennie wanted to confirm.

"It's the same, but different."

Lisa's answer made Jennie a little confused: "What's the same and different?"

"I'll call Professor Park." Lisa raised her hand and pressed the button on the bedside. Although she listened to Professor Park's explanation, she couldn't explain it himself.

After a while, there was a rush of footsteps in the corridor. Professor Park, with three young doctors and several nurses, ran into the ward.

"You did wake up." Professor Park saw the awakened Jennie, her face a little excited, but she didn't rush to talk to Jennie, instead she quickly checked all the instruments in the ward.

"Professor, everything is normal." A young doctor wearing glasses reported to Professor Park after discussing with the others.

"Okay, then continue the treatment according to the plan we agreed on before."

After Professor Park commanded, the three doctors who came in with her left one after another. At last, it was only Professor Park that was left in the ward.

"Professor Park, do I have the same illness as my cousin?" Jennie was already sitting halfway up with Lisa's help at this time.

"Originally." Professor Park said.

"What do you mean by 'originally'?" Jennie was stunned, "Isn't it a genetic disease? Why did I suddenly faint?"

"I will explain it to you slowly." Professor Park knows that that M Group will support her research because of the patient in front of him, so she patiently explained, "The genes in your body does carry the same illness as your cousin, but according to the data we collected and combined with the analysis of existing medical records, we found that the onset of this genetic disease is 60% concentrated on people between 22 to 30 years old. The vast majority of those were women who have had children under 25."

"What does it mean?" Jennie asked, "Is my illness related to pregnancy?"

"Yes, when a woman is pregnant, her body cells will accelerate aging. From pregnancy to childbirth, the mother's cells will age about 2-5 years. In short, because you're pregnant, it accelerates the cell's aging process and stimulates the genetic disease genes in your body in advance." Professor Park explained.

"Then... what about my child?"

Jennie, who had already been psychologically prepared, wasn't afraid of getting sick again. She was afraid of having her onset early because there would be no way for her child to come into this world smoothly.

"First, don't get too excited," Professor Park placated. "Although you also have this genetic disease, but you and your cousin's situation are different."

"Don't be afraid." Lisa patted the back of Jennie's hand gently.

Jennie glanced at Lisa, inexplicably relieved.

"What's the difference between me and my cousin?" Jennie asked.

"Your disease gene is mutated." Professor Park explained, "In short, it's a gene mutation."

"How is this possible?"

Gene mutation? This is simply impossible. She hasn't been exposed to any radioactive substances. How could she have genetic mutation for no reason?

"Of course, it's not that exaggerated. I just told you a more vivid and easy to understand word." Professor Park said, "I have done research on genetic diseases for nearly thirty years, and sudden genetic disease is the most difficult to treat. Because there is no warning before having an onset, at present, the disease can only be prevented in medicine and can't be treated."

"For example, this genetic disease in your body, I usually recommend that families carrying this gene to give birth to boys in the next generation. If it's a girl, there's a risk of an onset after the age of 22. There's almost no way to treat it except for changing your genes."

"Changing genes is easier said than done. In fact, it's almost impossible to achieve. Not to mention that it isn't allowed in medicine, even if it is allowed, it's difficult to implement changing the gene and a specific part of the gene."

The more Professor Park said, the more mysterious it sounded, and the more confused Jennie was: "You just said that my disease gene has mutated, how was it mutated?"

"It's the jade bracelet on your hand." Professor Park's reasoning caused Jennie to be shocked again.

"Jade bracelet?" Jennie subconsciously looked at her left hand. The green jade bracelet was still worn on her hand.

"Jade is actually a kind of ore. Since ancient times, jade has been used to support people, but everyone only knows that jade support people, but there are many opinions on how it supports them. There's a saying that because jade is a type of ore, it will release a type of radiation that is beneficial to the human body. This radiation is similar to radioactive substances, but it's gentler and less noticeable, so it can unknowingly nourish the human body."

Professor Park continued, "It's like two peas in a pod, you have a similar gene that I detected in your cousin, but your cells' response during onset is quite different from your cousin. Your diseased gene is mutated, making it impossible to complete the last step of the onset. That's to say, although you are ill, your genes won't completely break down, which won't cause rapid organ failure in your body."

"Then I... is my disease cured?" Jennie felt like she was dreaming.

"No." Professor Park said, "Although your diseased gene has mutated, it isn't cured. It's still in a state of being at-risk, once the onset is complete, you will still die."

"Then, what's the matter with me?" Jennie was confused.

"You're at risk and can die at any time until you find a way to completely restoring the diseased genes, but it's also possible that the genes in your body has been maintained in this strange balance."

"With this balance, can I live a normal life?"

"There will be some sequelae, you will have anemia, dizziness, and even faint in the long-term."

Professor Park continued, "But as long as the disease gene doesn't completely break out, you won't be in danger. But... you don't have to worry too much, because the disease gene in your body can't completely activate. The disease genes in your cells are constantly multiplying and repeating the onset process, but under the condition that your own cells are constantly regenerating. Give us some time, I believe, we will very quickly find a way to inhibit the disease."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
17.9K 1K 30
when you accidentally chat your crush "Sorry? I'm not the person you thought you were...." Wattpad cover by : @orphanmeat
2K 122 3
Setting: The Philippines In an unexpected twist of fate, Hanni and Minji find themselves traveling back to the bustling era of the 1870s after the lu...
1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...