Confide in Fear | DARYL DIXON...

By A-TWDSPN-Love

BOOK 1 OF 3 ••••IN PROCESS OF EDITING•••• As Alexandra is filled with fear, she finds and joins a headstrong... More

EDITING + note
CONFIDE IN FEAR (1/3)
1. Lost
2. Found
3. Flinch
4. Welcomed
5. On The Run
6. Working Things Out
7. Hopefully
8. Infected
10. Another Run, Another Trouble
11. Late Night
12. In That Head of Yours
13. Too Far Gone
14. Without You
15. The Road Ahead
16. Still Here
17. Terminus
18. No Sanctuary
19. Getting Out
20. United
21. Church
22. I Got You
23. Missing
24. Church Killings
25. Rick
26. Alive
27- Gone
28- The Road Again
29- Stranger
30- Long (part 1&2)
SEQUEL: Confide in Hope
Update! New cover!
IMPORTANT: editing

9. Council

10.3K 229 38
By A-TWDSPN-Love

Alex's *POV*

"You ready to shoot?" Daryl asked, while standing in the entrance of my cell. I finished putting my hair up, and turned to Daryl. "Yeah, oh and hopefully get my hands on that crossbow of yours?" I smirked, hoping he would teach me that too.

"In your dreams, woman." He snickered, while I rolled my eyes and laughed. Surprisingly he started to laugh a little. Our laughing "party" got cut short when Rick bursted into my cell.

"Daryl, come on. I need you." Rick said, "You can come too." He added.

"Hey, if this is a council meeting, I'm not in the council so, I'll stay here." I said.

"I'm not in it either- with Sasha sick, we could need you, but seriously, come on." Rick said. We began following Rick, into a different cellblock, and outside. We saw Tyreese and Carol standing there. Rick went up closer to Tyreese as he said something. Me and Daryl went near Carol and stood by her.

"You found em like this?" Rick asked Tyreese. We stood at the burnt, still smoking, two bodies on the floor. "I came to see Karen...and I saw the blood on the floor- then I smelled them."

"Oh my god." I whispered to Daryl, while rubbing my face with my hand in disbelief, and keeping my hand over my mouth. "Tyreese..."

"Somebody dragged them out here, and set them on fire!" Tyreese angrily almost yelled. "They killed them and set them on fire!" Quickly, Tyreese got into Ricks face, then Rick backed up quickly. Daryl also quickly came up behind Tyreese. "You're a cop. You find out who did this and bring them to me." Daryl was still hesitantly waiting to do something to Tyreese. "You understand?! You bring em to me!"

"Man, we'll find out who- ." Daryl got cut off my Tyreese. I saw him grab his arm and then pushing Daryl away. Rick and Tyreese stared at each other while he was still huffing and puffing. "I need to say it again?" He angrily said.

"No, no." Rick said. "I know what you're feeling, I've been there. You saw me there. It's dangerous-"

"Karen didn't deserve this." Tyreese cut Rick off. I stood there, still in disbelief. "David didn't deserve it." Tyreese got into Ricks face again. "Nobody does!"

"Alright man," Daryl put his hand on Tyreese's arm and pulled him. "Let's-" Tyreese quickly turned around and pushed up Daryl against the bars.

"Daryl!" I yelled, heading over to help out, but Daryl putting his hand up to say stop. "We're on the same side man." Daryl said.

"Hey look," Rick butted in. "I know what you're going through..." I stopped listening and began to walk away, and leave because I couldn't handle this. I hate people fighting and I hate seeing people in pain. Quickly, I tuned around hearing Tyreese scream at Rick while Carol screamed, "Stop!"

I saw Tyreese punch Rick down to the floor and punching him again. "Guys!" I screamed. Rick stood up and Daryl held Tyreese back. Rick's face started to bleed, and then Rick punching Tyreese into the face, while Daryl took a big leap back. Rick began punching and kicking Tyreese as he was on the floor, groaning and beginning to cry.

"Rick." Daryl said warningly. "Stop!"

"Let go of me!" Rick yelled to Daryl.

"Rick!" I yelled out.

"Let go of me!" Rick yelled again. Rick shoved Daryl off of him, and he walked backwards towards me. I took Daryl's wrist and made him come stand next to me, to help calm down, even though he was sort of calm before.

"C'mon, let's go." I said to Daryl, as I saw Carol with Rick and Tyreese. Daryl followed me, with my hand still around his wrist. It was quiet the whole time I took him to my cell. We both sat down on my bed and it stood quiet. "So, no training today, right?" I laughed a little. I saw Daryl smirk a little as well.

"You seem to do that a lot, Lex." Daryl said.

"Do what?"

"Say humorous things after or during a bad situation."

"Yeah I- I guess I just try to see or feel the good things not the bad." I sighed. Our conversation got short by Hershel walking in. "I just don't necessary confine in it."

"Council meeting later- and bring her." Hershel said, then walking away.

"Well okay then." I smiled. "No training today I guess."

"Maybe afterwards- if it doesn't get too late." Daryl spoke, while getting up and walking out of my cell, and out my sight. "You coming?" I heard Daryl said loudly.
-
"It's starting to spread. Everyone who survived the attack in D. Sasha, Caleb and now others." Hershel broke the silence.

"Oh Jesus." Daryl sighed. I turned to Daryl and saw him put his head down. I took my hand and placed it on his, which was resting on his knee, in comfort.

"So what do we do?" Carol asked.

"Yeah. There's not many options." I said.

"First things first. Cell block A is isolation." Hershel sort of answered. "What the hell we gonna do about that?" Daryl asked.

"Ask Rick to look into it. Try to make a timeline. Who's where when...?" Carol said.

"But what are we gonna do to stop this?" I asked. I took my hand away from Daryl's, and I pulled my hair back into a pony. "There is no stopping it." I looked up at Hershel. "You get it, you have to go through with it."

"But it just kills you?" We all turned around and saw a mad Michonne just standing there.

"The illness doesn't." Hershel answered. "The symptoms do. We need antibiotics." Daryl leaned over to me and placed his hand on my knee, like I did to him previously- as he noticed my discomfort and worry in my face and posture.

"We've been through every pharmacy nearby. And then some." Dart said. Hershel said something else but I wasn't paying attention. I saw Glenn across from me sweating and cleared his throat.

"Glenn?" I said. He looks sick, and I'm really hoping nothing too serious got to him- we've lost too many people with this sickness, we can't go through it again. He looked at me and everyone else who stared at him, and nodded.

"Too big to risk before." Daryl spoke, after that little silence. "Ain't now. I'm gonna take a group out." He said, while standing up.

"Best not waste anymore time." Daryl said. "I'm in." Michonne said. I wasn't paying attention again, but quickly tried to. "I can draw you a map." Hershel said to Daryl.

"Daryl- I'm going too." I said, while walking out with him into the halls.

"Your hand still looks bad."

"I'm fine. It's been days. I shoveled just yesterday."

"Barely." Daryl mumbled.

"Hey, c'mon. This would be good for me. It'll be training for runs since you know, I need to learn to stop falling and just do something."

"Okay then." Daryl spoke, and looked at me.

"Great!" I said, while he rolled his eyes and smirking while we both continued to walk.

"You just better not fall again." I didn't see Daryl's face when he said this, but I could sense that he smiling.

"So, are you two fond of each other?" Glenn asked, as we were getting water into a bin.

"Excuse me?" I nervously laughed, while looking down at him.

"Daryl and you." He laughed too.

"We're just friends. Not even that if you ask him." I smiled, leaning on the fence waiting for her to finish up. "Fond?" I laughed to myself, shaking my head.

"Very close friends." Glen mumbled while looking up at me smirking.

"I know what it means." I laughed. "We are not that close and will never be more than that."

"Okay, sure."

"I'm serious!" I said.

"Didn't say you weren't." Glen replied. "Me and Maggie liked each other but then something happened and then we just fell in love and forgot our troubles."

"And? What does that have to do with me and him?" I asked.

"Just saying that sometimes in a beginning of a friendship or something what you and Daryl have, it doesn't go smoothly- but once you figure things out and your feelings thing would work out." Glenn said, standing up and setting the bin of water aside.

"C'mon," Glenn smiled, while throwing his arm around my shoulders in a friendly manor, "Let's go get some food or something. I'm starving."

"Pretty sure we all are." I laughed.

When I walked outside the cellblock after packing up some gear for the run, I saw Daryl fixing up the charger and Michonne standing there. I started to walk over with a smile on my face.

"Hey." I said to Michonne.

"Hey, I'll be right back." She responded, talking to me and Daryl. I smiled at her, then leaned over to see what he was doing. "What's up?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Nothing," I smiled a little. "We're leaving soon?"

"Yeah, as soon as I'm done." Daryl answered, and I nodded my head. The weather was quite chili out, tons of clouds and some dark grey clouds.

"Let's hope it doesn't rain." I said, looking at the sky then back at Daryl.

"Worse can happen you know." He said looking up at me. I gave him a look, as he stood up straight and wiped his hands on some handkerchief or bandana. "What? I'm just saying. Not everything goes smooth."

"Well, you can make it go a certain way-"

Daryl laughed. "There you go again." I smiled at him, knowing what he meant. Daryl closed the good of the car and looked at me and smiled. It wasn't a smirk, or a fake smile or a quick one. It was real-

"Everything look alright?" Bob said, unintentionally interrupting our moment, carrying some containers filled with gas.

"Yeah. Zack kept this thing running pretty good."

"Who's Zack?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Beth's boyfriend- used to be."

"Where is he?"

"You ask to many questions, woman." Daryl snickered.

"This is Zack's car?" Bob asked.

"Yep, fastest thing we got." Daryl looked at the car, then at Bob, who was staring at the car.

" You alright?" Daryl asked.

"You really want me coming along?" Bob asked, moving his stare to Daryl.

"Yes we do, Bob." I said, giving him a smile. Daryl walked up to Bob and pulled out a piece of paper. "What's that word?" Showing him the paper.

"Zanamivir." Bob answered.

"Yup, we need you." Daryl responded walking away and towards me. I smiled at Bob and then at Daryl. Me and Daryl were leaning up against the car, dangerously close, making me feel nervous for some reason, but not scared nervous.

"What's up?" I looked at Daryl and saw him talking to Tyreese.

"Still got room for one more?" He asked.

"Hell yeah." Daryl responded.

"Good." Tyreese said.

"It'll be a tight squeeze though." I said.

"Then Bob sits in the back, you in the middle and then Michonne. It'll work." Daryl said.

"Aright then, it's settled." I smiled.

"I'll just go get my gear then." Tyreese said.

"All right." Daryl mumbled.

"I'm glad he's okay." I said to Daryl, as soon as Tyreese left. "Have you seen Rick?" I asked.

"Nah," he cleared his throat, "Not since that fight." I nodded my head and leaned back onto the car, wondering about how this run will go.

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 7.7K 54
[«my mission in life is not to merely survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style»] In which...
2.3K 21 31
Sadie and the group stumble into Terminus. What they thought was a sanctuary turned out to be a hazardous home. Will they find themselves somewhere s...
8.7K 183 12
BOOK 3 OF 3. Final book to the Confide series. NOT updating anymore / No ending. Alex continues to change through the struggles of life altering iss...
85.4K 3.1K 74
Daryl Dixon has faced a lot since the world changed and this has resulted in even greater change in his own life. Once a reckless and volatile man, h...