Free the End

By _dreamnotfound

George, Dream, and Sapnap find themselves trapped in Minecraft. They get to work speedrunning as safely as po... More

1 [Join Game]
2 [Uneasy Alliance]
3 [Stone Age]
4 [Spooky Scary Skeleton]
5 [Getting An Upgrade]
6 [Hidden in the Depths]
7 [Country Lode, Take Me Home]
8 [Fishy Business]
9 [Sweet Dreams]
10 [Aquire Hardware]
11 [Voluntary Exile]
12 [Not Today, Thank You]
13 [Adventuring Time]
14 [Isn't It Iron Pick]
15 [Monster Hunter]
16 [Take Aim]
17 [Very Very Frightening]
18 [Diamonds!]
19 [Hot Stuff]
20 [Cover Me in Debris]
21 [Hot Tourist Destinations]
22 [Ol' Betsy]
23 [Into Fire]
24 [Two by Two]
25 [Who's Cutting Onions]
26 [Arbalistic]
27 [Postmortal]
28 [Best Friends Forever]
29 [Remote Getaway]
30 [A Balanced Diet]
31 [A Throwaway Joke]
32 [Those Were the Days]
33 [What a Deal!]
34 [Total Beelocation]
35 [Zombie Doctor]
36 [Hired Help]
37 [Ice Bucket Challenge]
38 [Eye Spy]
39 [Local Brewery]
40 [Bullseye]
41 [Cover Me With Diamonds]
42 [Subspace Bubble]
43 [A Complete Catalogue]
44 [Return to Sender]
45 [Not Quite "Nine" Lives]
46 [Monsters Hunted]
47 [Serious Dedication]
48 [Beaconator]
49 [This Boat Has Legs]
50 [A Seedy Place]
51 [War Pigs]
53 [Oh, Shiny]
54 [Hero of the Village]
55 [Sticky Situation]
56 [Bring Home the Beacon]
57 [A Furious Cocktail]
58 [Suit Up]
59 [Great View From Up Here]
60 [The End- Part 1]
61 [The End- Part 2]
62 [The End- Part 3]
63 [How Did We Get Here?]
64 [The Next Generation]
65 [Withering Heights]
66 [City at the End of the Game]
67 [Sky's the Limit]
68 [The End... Again]

52 [Tactical Fishing]

573 52 49
By _dreamnotfound

Skeppy and Dream had finished the pool. He had wandered off somewhere, but a6d was chilling with Ian on the porch.

Skeppy was experimentally making a fishing rod and casting it in the pool.
The pool was obviously only three by three and there were no fish in it, but Skeppy was still trying because Minecraft. If it worked, then fishing was the laziest way to get food.

The rod bobbed in the pool and Skeppy idly wondered where Dream was.
There's some other stuff on the list, right? I should probably make a sign so I remember stuff. I bet Dream knows.

Skeppy wanted to make a surprise cake for Bad. He smiled thinking about it. He'll love it so much.

The float dropped sharply under the water and Skeppy yanked the pole back, unexpectedly delivering a fish into his lap. He cried out with surprise.

A6d looked up. "What happened, you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good. The fishing worked!" Skeppy held it up. "Fish still come out of nowhere! This is great!"

"Oh cool, how does that work?"

"I dunno, but it's good for us." Skeppy shrugged. "Come here, you can feed the first one to Ian, I bet he'll like it."

"Okay." A6d found his way over and sat next to Skeppy. Skeppy gave the little cod to him "thanks" and he fed it to Ian, who purred.

Skeppy thought about Bad and how he liked the little trout in a bucket and he wondered if he could find a new Mr Squeegee somewhere to surprise him with. He'd have to find a river or ocean though, and he didn't see any close by.

Skeppy caught a salmon, but this one wouldn't go in a bucket because it was already dead, unfortunately.
He got a cod next. A6d noticed the little sploosh.

"Here, you try." Skeppy handed him the pole.

"Um, okay. I assume I don't have to see to do this, then?"

"No, you'll hear it and you can actually feel it too. Just pull back really hard."

"Okay," a6d said nervously.
He missed the first one, but the second time a pufferfish zipped into his lap.
"Oh, that's weird."

Skeppy quickly picked it up before him. "Don't eat this one! It poisons you."

"Um okay, how can I tell the difference for which ones to eat?"

"Well we're gonna cook the other ones before we eat them, but here- you can feel it, the poison ones are spiky like this."

"Oh, okay, cool."

"Are you okay by yourself for a few minutes? I wanna go find Dream; he's wandered off again." Skeppy stood up and looked around.

"Uh yeah, sure, I guess. I just pull on this fishing thingy?"

"Ohp- here- you have to throw it out again."
"Huh, okay, thank you."

Skeppy smiled. "I'll leave Mob with you. Sit Mob, take care of a6d."
Mob sat and barked and wagged his tail like the adorable little hero he was, and Skeppy scratched his ears before leaving.

Dream was on some stairs he had placed before the portal like a seat. He was holding a yellow cap, but he quickly put it away and stood when he saw Skeppy coming.

"You're fine, I'm not hunting you down or anything," Skeppy joked.

Dream smiled briefly. "Okay. What's up?"

"Nothing, a6d's fishing. I was just looking for you. I brought some stuff from the garden if you wanna go to the animals and um, breed them or whatever."

They went and did that but the young ones from yesterday hadn't grown up yet. Skeppy felt a little iffy about killing them later, but it was all fake right?
A6d had a few more fish and a bowl when they went back to him and gardened a little bit more. Skeppy eagerly punched sugarcane. It's probably fine to use this for sugar and not books, right?

"Hey, Dream, did you pick up any eggs from the chickens?" He asked.

"Oh. Yeah, a few. Here."

Skeppy grinned. "Here I'll show you how to make a pumpkin pie! I don't even know if we can share it haha but it'll be a new food to taste. I don't think you've ever had dessert before; you'll love this."

He made two pumpkin pies, and they found that they could split them using a sword like a pie cutter. Dream tasted it and nodded but he said he didn't like it that much. Skeppy figured taste preferences carried over now.

Just a few seconds later, the sky darkened and it started to rain.

"Well I guess that's the minecraft gods telling us to go look for diamonds," Skeppy said jokingly.

"What about a6d?" Dream asked.
A6d stood up and moved to the porch, so he would be out of the way.
Skeppy looked from him to the pool.
"Well since he can't exactly mine with us.... a6d do you want to just keep fishing? We can make you a little shelter from the rain. I think you get more fish or something when it's raining."

A6d ran a hand through his dripping hair and shrugged. "Sure. I don't have anything else to do."

"Sweet." Skeppy made a little space like the porch next to the pool with nice fence supports and stairs for a chair as Dream filled in the roof.
Dream asked about the animals, but Skeppy assured him they would be fine.
They led a6d to the seat and he said he was fine, so they left him and promised to come back and check in later.

Skeppy patted Mob again and let him move under the cover, then told him to stay with a6d.

He led Dream into the house and down the ladders into his mine from earlier when Bad was looking after a6d.

The sounds of rain echoed down as they descended into the ground. There was a torch every few blocks, but the light was flicker-y and cast weird shadows.
Skeppy was used to it, since he'd only been down there during the big storm, but Dream seemed a little uneasy. He climbed slower above Skeppy.

"So you made this yourself?"

"Yeah, Bad hates mines and he was taking care of coma6d, so I was alone down here for hours."
Skeppy got to the bottom of the ladder and moved out of the way for Dream. The ledge was pretty small, but this is the most fun part.
Ahead of them was a drop with water at the bottom, and stairs on the side for going up.

Dream settled both feet on the ground with a brisk exhale like he was happy to be off. Skeppy grinned at him and then jumped off the edge. "WHEEEEEEEEE!"

Dream gasped and hurried forward as Skeppy splashed down in the water.
"What the hell?!" He put a hand on his heart and wheezed. "That- that was so sudden Skeppy what the he-he-hell?"

Skeppy climbed out of the puddle. "Don't worry, I'm the best at water drop. Come on, unless you wanna take the stairs," he taunted.

"Oh, come on," Dream scoffed and backed up to jump.

Skeppy watched him brace himself for the landing and splash down safely. He laughed. "Nice. Now we're somewhere near y 11. My old tunnels are that way and that way but we can go anywhere."

They picked a new direction and mined side by side, breaking about half a chunk of space in a long line forwards.
Diamond mining is boring, even in real life and with another person.

They found four, then Dream went up to check on a6d and Skeppy kept going.
Dream came back and a while later Skeppy went up. It was still raining; a6d was good; he went back down.
Dream had found two diamonds while he was gone.
They smelted iron and crafted new picks.
While they were waiting Skeppy, shared a song with Dream that had been stuck in his head. He showed him the funny dance and sang it "Hot dog, French fries, come on baby tell me your lies- up down, side to side, these skeletons are now alive digadigadeededoduhdowhubugadegaladabugababingbuhbongbuhdaybaaybalaybaduhdegadeebohbadabrrrrrrhrurrrrrrhBA."
He made Dream wheeze and smiled.
Later on they found a lucky five vein. Skeppy decided to call it and they trudged up the long staircase and longer ladder.

Skeppy was above Dream. He got close enough to hear rain and jumped at the sound of thunder.

"You okay?" Dream asked from under his feet.

"Yeah, yeah." I'm not afraid of storms. It's just noise. Loud noises.

They got up into the house and exited to the porch to get a6d.

Skeppy glanced once around at the rain coming down heavy and fast, then turned in a6d's direction and froze.
A6d was sitting casually under the shelter with the fishing rod, but a charged creeper was headed right for him.

(1.5k words)
Whenever you see "Skeppy and me" or "me and Dream" remember I know the proper grammar but I think that's how the character would express it in natural everyday talking.
Also cliffhanger fuck you haha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 267 10
DISCONTINUED this is a Dreamnotnap story as in DreamXGeorgeXSapnap and if you don't like that ship Honking leave mah dude. . I DID NOT MAKE THE COVER...
180K 5.4K 28
George was finally over his best friend, or so he thought. After nearly a year something triggers all his feelings that he had tried to hard so hold...
21.2K 404 7
NO SMUT I'm not sure if I'll write angst or not. Information for requests are in the first chapter If any of the Dream Team are uncomfortable about...
4.1K 162 16
[ note - july 13 2021 ] hallo everyone! u may know/ remember this book back in like- i wanna say 2019?? i think it was 2019- but i made this book a w...