Rather Be (A Camren Story)

By iloveyou1234566

"There is no place in the world I rather be than with you." More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (Final Chapter)
Wishes

Chapter 1

39.1K 595 628
By iloveyou1234566

"There is no place in the world I rather be than with you," I told the chocolate eyed Latina.

"Stop," she replied, giggling at the words that just came out of my mouth.

"Stop what?" I asked. I moved closer to her, instantly wrapping my arms around her waist. "Stop holding you in my arms?" I planted a sloppy kiss on her forehead before continuing. "Stop giving you the best kisses? Or do you want me to stop tickling you?" I questioned before tickling.

"L-laur-ren," she stuttered through the giggles. "S-stop p-pleas-e," she spitted out.

I stopped tickling her and wrapped my arms back around her waist. "God Camz, you're so fucking adorable. Do you know that?" I asked my little Cuban before kissing her delicate lips passionately.

"I think a few people might have mentioned it to me."

"You're mine," I whispered with a goofy smile planted on my lips. "You're really mine," I repeated to myself.

"Yours?" She questioned. "I think you might be mistaking me with someone else. I belong to that boy who owns that taco truck down the street," she teased.

"Oh? Is that so, Karla Jauregui?"

I watched as she scrunched up her nose at the name. "You know I hate that name."

"Well you better start liking it because I was planning to give our first born that name."

"Is that so?" She asked raising her eyebrow. "And what if our first born is a boy?"

"Then Karlos."

She laughed at my reply. "We'll see."

"I think we should have two babies. One little Camila and one little Lauren."

"We could take your brother up on his offer," she suggested.

"I don't really want my brother to be the father and the uncle of my children."

"Well we have a lot of time to come up with a decision, but I definitely want a baby Lern Jergi in my life."

"Whatever my baby wants," I laughed. I kissed the scar in the corner of her eye. A scar she got from rolling out of her bed and cutting her face on the corner of her desk.

Silence filled the room as we laid tangled together in the hotel bed. I traced little circles around her back as I felt her heart beat against mine.

"Lauren?" Camila finally spoke, ending the silence.

"Yeah Camz?"

"How do you think our parents are going to react when they find out we got married without them there?"

"I think," I started, taking a deep breathe as I tried to figure out what exactly I want to say. "I think they'll be pissed," I shared. "But it's not like they are against us being with each other. There's also the fact that were only 18, but ultimately I think they'll be mad that we didn't tell them beforehand."

"What about the girls?"

"They're the ones that wanted us to get married since we became fifth harmony. They will be pissed that we didn't have them to be the bridesmaids, especially Dinah.

"Can we have a real wedding?" She asked. "Like, one with flowers and cake and family and the girls?"

"I'd like that," I responded, giving the younger girl a reassuring smile.

"I love you, Lauren Jauregui."

"I love you more, Camila Jauregui," I smiled as she cupped my face with her cold hands. As we kissed, the familiar sparks exploded.

"Don't ever stop calling me that," she mumbled against my lips."

"Trust me, I won't," I reassured her before flipping us over so I was on top.

~ 5 years Later ~

"I'm not doing it," I told management. "Not if she's gonna be there."

"Would you grow up?" Our new tour manager, Erik asked. "This could be the best thing that has ever happened to you."

"I'm not ripping my daughters away from their home. They deserve to have somewhat of a normal life."

"Then leave them with your parents," he suggested.

"Lauren-," Dinah tried to chime in but I cut her off.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?" I asked, giving him my famous confused expression. "They are my kids. I am going to take care of my kids. I'm not going to fucking leave them here with my parents," I spat.

"You're the reason there is no more fifth harmony."

"Lauren-," the Polynesian tried again.

"Not now Dinah," I said, pissed from the comment that Erik guy made. It was mutual agreement between all the girls to end fifth harmony. We all already knew it wouldn't be something that would last more than a couple of years.

"Look, I know this news is big and surprising, but I don't expect you to come up with a decision right this instant-"

"I've already made up my mind, I'm not going," I told management.

"Lauren," Dinah said, trying to get my attention.

"What the fuck do you want Dinah?" I snapped.

She pointed over to the little girl standing in the doorway. I turned my attention towards the chocolate eyed toddler.

"Mama," an angel-like voice said.

"What's wrong, Kayne?" I asked with fear in my voice.

Instead of being reply, her cough filled the room. It didn't sound as bad as it usually does but the same tears rolled down her face when the coughing started to calm down. "Shh," I soothed. "You're okay baby," I promised her. I walked over to her and lifted her light-weight body onto my hip. "Mama has you."

"Mama, it hurts," she replied.

"Did Aunt Ally give you your medicine?" I asked the chocolate eyes toddler. She shook her head no and I sighed in frustration. I walked out of the office, stepping on a pink Barbie hair brush.

"Ashtyn Michelle," I snapped. "What did I tell you about leaving your toys on the ground?" I asked the other toddler.

"That wasn't me!" She defended.

"Kayne was the one playing with the barbies."

"Pick it up," I told her sternly.

"Why do I get in trouble for Kayne's mess?" She asked.

"Kayne isn't feeling well. Now please listen to mama and pick up the toys."

"I want mommy!" She demanded, falling to the ground and causing a scene.

"Ashtyn," I started, but stop when Ally placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Don't," the shorter girl responded. She took Kayne out of my hands and placed her down on the chair. She slipped the dinosaur oxygen mask over the toddler's face and clicked the machine on. "So did you come up with a decision?" she asked, changing the subject.

"Yup."

"And?"

"And I'm not going to do it."

"Lo," she whined. "Why not?"

"Because I have two toddlers that are my main priorities, I'm not going to be that mom that drags their child all over the country."

"Isn't Camila going to take them on tour?"

"I'll take her to court if she tries," I told the older girl. "Plus, she doesn't have full custody of them so she can't do that."

Fighting over the girls with Camila has been hell. I'd never take the girls away from their mommy, but there's no way in hell I'll let her get full custody.

"Please, just think about coming back," the Latina pleaded.

"I'll think about it but I know my answer isn't going to change."

I turned my attention back to my green eyed mini me who was still laying on the ground, almost like she was lifeless. She moved her head to look at me before quickly moving her head back into her hands.

"C'mon Ash, let's go see mommy." I held my hand out for her to take but she just looked at it.

"Aye, baby green eyes!" Dinah yelled, walking out of the office. "You better get your little green eyed ass up before I give you a good o'l poly beat down."

"Dinah," I scolded. "What did I tell you about cussing in front of my kids?"

"It got her up, didn't it?"

Sure enough, Ashtyn moved over to where Kayne was sitting.

"How did you do that?" I asked shocked. She rarely listens to me. Partly because Camila let's her do what ever the fuck she wants, but mainly because she's jealous of Kayne.

It's been a challenge to always keep an eye on the rambunctious toddler. She had a numerous amount of asthma attacks in just her few short years, the last one only being two weeks ago.

"I don't know," she shrugged. "I guess she's scared I'll give her a poly beat down, but who wouldn't?"

Kayne's machine went off, signaling she was finished with her treatment. I removed the mask from her face while Dinah lifted her up into her arms.

"Please be careful with her," I sighed, looking at the Polynesian.

"I'm not going to use her as a frisbee."

I packed her machine away then slipped it around my shoulder. "Can you please help me take them to the car?"

"Yeah."

"Come here, Ash," I told the other other little toddler. I held my arms for her, she slowly slid off the couch and into my arms. Her grumpy face will always be the cutest expression she makes.

I followed behind Dinah as Big Rob helped us push through the crowds.

"Lauren, are you coming back to fifth harmony?"

"How's Camila?"

"Is it true she abused you?"

I rolled my eyes at the last question. I helped Dinah buckle the twins in before climbing into the drivers side and moving the car away from the crowd.

It wasn't long until we arrived at Camila's apartment complex. I held a sleeping Kayne in one arm and grabbed the other toddlers hand with my free one.

We took the elevator up to the right floor and walked until we reached room 303.

"Knock baby," I told Ashtyn.

She removed her hand away from mine while she kept sucking her fingers on the other hand. She lightly knocked on the door. It only took a few seconds until the chocolate eyes Latina opened the door. My heart raced at the sight of her.

Shit Lauren. Stop it. You can't like her, she's your ex-wife. Well, not legally but still. You can't have her, she doesn't want you.

"Hi Princess," she smiled before lifting Ashtyn up into her arms. "How are you?"

"Cookie." Ashtyn pointed towards the plate of cookies on the kitchen island.

"Give mommy a kiss and maybe I'll consider getting you a cookie."

She lightly pecked her cheek before signaling to be put down. The second Camila put her down, Ashtyn ran straight over to the cookies. She's defiantly like Camila when it comes to food.

"Hi Lauren," she smiled warmly.

"Hi."

"You can come in if you want," she began. "Ya know, so Kayne doesn't wake up if I try to take her from you," she added.

"Thanks."

I followed the petite Latina into the apartment. Her apartment is slightly bigger than mine but not by much. There was lots of blacks and whites and tiny hints of yellow.

I laid the sleeping toddler onto the black leather couch and covered her up with a Dora blanket. I pushed the hair out of her face and kissed the top of her forehand before walking over to Ashtyn.

"Would you like something to drink?" Camila kindly asked.

"No, I'm fine," I kindly declined the offer.

"So how did the meeting go?" She asked before bringing her cup of tea to her soft lips.

"I've decided I'm not joining," I told her simply.

"So I guess she we should talk about what were doing with the girls?"

"It's simple, the girls stay in Miami with me and see you when you preform here."

"They're just as much as my children as they are yours. I'm going to be gone for three months, I have legal rights to see them during that."

"The girls aren't going with you. They deserve somewhat of a normal life."

The door opened as I was about to reply. In came that Scrawny mentos boy, whatever the fuck his name is.

"Hi Ashtyn," he greeted.

"Mommy gave me cookies!" She said with a mouthful of cookies.

"Ashtyn," I scolded.

"Hi baby girl," Shawn smirked. I watched as he made his way over to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and left kisses down her neck.

Anger built up inside of me. That should be, but like all things in my life, they get fucked up.

"Um, I think I should get going," I spoke up, feeling highly uncomfortable in this situation.

"We'll talk about the girls later?" She asked. "More properly?"

"Yeah," I agreed. I quickly kissed Ashtyn's forehead before making my way out of her apartment.

Once I was back in the car, I pulled out my phone and dialed the first person I could think of.

"Hello?" The voice on the other line asked.

"Hey, Erik, it's me, Lauren Jauregui."

"Ah, Mrs. Jauregui, how may I help you ?"

"I've changed my mind. I'm going on the reunion tour."

--

Hey guys! It would mean so much if you could give me some feedback! I love you all and I hope you have a super, fantastic, amazing, splendid, funfilled day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 3.3K 25
There is a very thin line between hate and love Lauren gip
3.1K 103 1
Is it ever enough?
154K 3.6K 30
Lauren-23-rich-has a 2 yearold son-works alot Camila-18-just finished high school-lives with parents and sister
132K 2.8K 20
Lauren & You one shots and short stories.