Love in the Nick of Time

By Tranay21

Regina Washington has always been Ms. Independent, she practically wrote the song. Now living her dream as a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 11

3.4K 134 8
By Tranay21

"Is this really necessary, the building has security," Regina said as she watched the installation of their new security system.

"It is if you want to work again," Verity said as she sat on the arm of Regina's chair.

It was two weeks after the attack and true to their word Christian and Dimitri would not let the women step foot into their office until they agreed to an extra surveillance system and their own security team.

Regina's phone began to ring when she picked it up she was greeted by a distressed Jess.

"Jess what's wrong?"

"Someone broke into my shop and..." Regina lost her as Jess fell apart into a blubbering mess.

"Verity come on." She said as she pulled Verity towards the stairs, they rushed down the flights of stairs to Jess' floor and the entrance door was wide open. Regina found Jess in the workshop surrounded by shredded purple material, supplies were scattered all over the room and "She's Mine" was spray painted along the wall.

"Look at my dress!" Jess cried as she held up the shredded bodice in her hands. "This was my dress." She cried. Regina looked over at Verity who looked like she was about to be sick.

"Verity are you okay?"

"Don't you smell that?"

"Smell what." Regina said sniffing the air and the stench slapped her in the face like a bunch of bricks.

"Urine,"

Jess looked down at the shredded bodice in her hand before tossing it.

"Ewwww," She cried as she flapped her hands.

Regina pulled Jess out of the room and the women retreated to Verity's office.

"This is insane!" Regina fussed as she plopped down into a chair.

"We need to call that detective." Verity said as she sat next to Regina.

"If Dimitri or Christian find out about this we won't be able to take a piss without them tailing us," Regina said as she scratched the back of her head.

"Leo will flip out, he can't find out," Jess said as she dried her hands after washing them for the third time. She thought about Leo's reaction when he found out about the attack, it took hours for her to convince him that she would be okay in her studio.

"I do hate lying to him." She said with a pout as she tried to figure out what she wanted to do.

"It's not lying if he knows nothing about it," Verity said and Regina raised her eyebrow.

"How much lying do you do to that poor man of yours?" Regina asked.

"I don't lie I just with hold the truth for as long as possible," Verity said with a smirk and Regina rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to call Detective Young, while you two figure out if we're with holding the truth or not," Verity said as she grabbed her cell phone and walked out of the office to make the call.

Regina noticed the vacant look in Jess' eyes and knew that she was in deep thought.

"Jess are you alright?"

"Yeah I just..." she trailed off as she stared into space again.

"Jessica!" Regina shouted as she clapped her hands in front of Jess' face.

"Huh?"

"What's wrong, why are you staring out into space?"

"I was just thinking."

"About what?"

"Maybe...maybe Leo and I shouldn't get married, we've had so much bad luck before our marriage can even start."

Regina rolled her eyes as she sucked her teeth.

"Don't even start, Leo is crazy about you and you're crazy about him." She said crossing her legs. "Don't worry about what happened in the past, just focus on fixing your dress so a month from now you can say I do to that sexy piece of man candy you snatched up." She said patting Jess' hand before getting up with a stretch.

"You're right."

"I know, now are you going to tell Leo about what happened today?"

"No." Jess said shaking her head no.

"It's not lying Jess just withholding the truth, say it with me." Regina coached.

"It's not lying, just with holding the truth." They said in unison.

"If I get in trouble I'm coming for you," Jess said as Verity walked back into the office, her face pale and tensed up with stress.

"Detective Young is on his way with a CSU team and I've alerted our good for nothing building security, they are about to tape off your office." Verity said as she sat down.

"Are you feeling alright V?" Jess asked

"No, I don't feel too good, all of a sudden I just feel so nauseous." She frowned as Jess and Regina gave each other a knowing look.

"What was that look for?"

"Oh nothing, I'll go get you a soda while we wait for Detective Young," Regina said walking out of the office and right into Christian.

"Oh uh, Christian what are you doing here?"

"We're having brunch with mother remember?" he asked with a smile as he hugged her.

"Oh I forgot about that, let me just get something for Verity and we can go." She said before rushing to the break room and grabbed a soda for Verity.

"I gotta go, Christian is here. I forgot we are supposed to have brunch with his mother."

"Oh okay, have fun." Verity said taking the soda from her.

"What no death threats?"

"No I have come to terms with your relationship with Christian. I'll stop trying to kill him." Verity said cutting her eyes at Regina.

After telling Verity that she had gotten back together with Christian, Verity was determined to make sure that Christian would not hurt her again. Verity had threatened to kill Christian in so many different ways Regina lost count but she was grateful to have a friend who would go to such great lengths for her.

"Thank you."

"For now," Verity said before taking a sip of her soda.

"Verity behave," Jess said shaking her head. "Gina go we have everything here, have fun."

"See now that's how the conversation is supposed to go Verity." She said rolling her eyes before walking out of the room to find Christian waiting for her in the reception area.

"Let's go." She said grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the elevator.

"Wait a minute." Christian said as he pulled her into him and kissed her lips taking his time to reacquaint himself with her mouth after being separated for four hours. The elevator chimed as the doors swung opened but Christian was too busy feasting on her mouth to pay attention until she heard someone clear their throat.

Regina turned her head and her eyes stretched when she saw her father standing in the elevator.

"Daddy!" she gasp as she pulled away from Christian and wiping her lips.

"I guess I don't have to ask if you two are back together now." Darrell said as he eyeballed Christian as he walked out of the elevator.

"Daddy what are you doing here?"

"I came to see you since you won't return any of my calls."

"Daddy I was just going out."

"You can spare me a few minutes."

"We're having lunch with my mother would you like to join us Captain Washington?" Christian asked as Darrell continued to glare at him.

"Yeah daddy come have lunch with us, Mrs. Grey has been asking about you." Regina said pulling him back into the elevator.

"So you'll have lunch with me but you won't return my calls."

"Daddy can we talk about this later." She said holding his hand while offering up the cutest pout she could muster.

"Fine," Darrell said with a sighed as he pinched the tip of Gina's nose as she smiled up at him.

"That was close." Regina said as she climbed into Christian's truck with a sigh.

"I thought he was going to hit me again."

"Have I apologized for that today?"

"I keep telling you it's fine I deserved it. At least we don't have to tell him about us, but I think I should wait a little longer before I ask for his blessing." He said merging into traffic after making sure Darrell was following behind them.

"Blessing for what?"

"Think about it baby doll." He said with a smirk as Regina thought about his statement and gasped when she finally caught on.

"I'm not marrying you Christian."

"Yes you are, and after we get married I'm knocking you up." He beamed and Regina punched him in the shoulder.

"I told you I'm not having kids, Sabrina Simone Vega is the only baby we need."

"We'll see about that." He said before turning his music up.

When they arrived at the restaurant Cookie was the first to greet them and wrap Regina up in a bear hug.

"I'm so happy you gave my rotten brother another chance, I swear I'll make sure he won't mess it up."

"Cookie let her go before you knock her out." Christian said pulling her off of Regina.

"Sorry I'm just so happy, our table is back here." She said taking Regina by the hand and led her towards the table where the whole family was seated.

"Regina I'm glad you could make it." Mrs. Grey said getting out of her seat to hug Regina when she spotted Darrell her face lit up. Regina always thought that she had a little crush on her father, and she couldn't blame her Darrell was definitely attractive.

"Darrell it's so good to see you."

"How have you been Diana?" Darrell asked as he kissed her cheek

"I'm just fine, isn't it great that our children are back together, we're just one big happy family again." Susan said as she escorted Darrell to an empty seat.

"Come on love birds have a seat." Cookie said patting the empty seat next to her.

"Where's your hubby Cookie." Regina asked.

"Work he's been working over time since I made him extend our honeymoon." She said with a pout.

"So Gina when's the wedding?" Diana asked with her eyes filled with hope.

"Mom relax we just go back together, we're still adjusting."

"What is there to adjust? You two were together for almost two years."

"I know mom but we decided to start over, we're taking things slow, right babe?"

"Yes." Gina said with a nod.

"That's crazy." Diana mumbled as she folded her arms across her chest.

"I think that's a great idea, I'm sure you two have changed over the years and you need to take the time to learn each other again." Cookie said

"Yeah I bet." Maxwell mumbled and was rewarded with kick in the shin from Christian.

"What do you think Darrell?" Diana asked and all eyes were glued onto Darrell as he searched for the right words to say.

"To be honest I'm not as thrilled as everyone else that they are back together. But, they are adults and I'm sure that they will do what's right this time around." He said glaring at Christian.

Regina squeezed her father's hand as she rested her head on his shoulder as the waiter came to collect their orders.

After lunch Regina walked out of the restaurant with her arm wrapped around her father's waist.

"I forgive you." she said causing Darrell to stop in his tracks.

"Excuse me?"

"I said I forgive you for punching my boyfriend in the face, I know you're not sorry for what you did but I forgive you anyway."

"You're too kind." He said dryly as he hand the valet his ticket. "I still haven't forgiven you for not returning my calls."

"Will you forgive me if I make you a German chocolate cake?" She said batting her eyelashes at it.

"You little brat,"

"I love you too daddy, I'll bring you your cake on Friday but you have to make me some potato salad." She said and Darrell just answered with a grunt as his car pulled up.

"I'll see you on Friday." He said before getting into his car, Regina just smiled as she watched her father drove away.

"You are so spoiled." Christian said as he kissed her cheek.

"I am not."

"Yes you are, I can only imagine how spoiled our daughter will be."

"You do mean Sabrina right, because I am not having any children."

"Mmmhm," Christian said as he strolled away.

"Hey, come back here I'm serious Christian." She yelled after him.

Regina knew that it would have to take Jesus coming down to tell her to get pregnant before she would ever give birth. She never imagined herself with kids and even though she loved her god-daughter she liked the fact that she got to go home after a few hours. Regina hoped that her lack of desire for children would not kill her relationship with Christian before they could even get started..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 49.7K 36
(COMPLETED) It was only supposed to be one night. Amara Gray knew she should have turned him down, but she didn't. Now she's pregnant with his baby...
245 0 23
Doctors swear to save lives every day, and that's exactly what Thomas wants to do. Dreaming of running his own hospital, saving lives and being the b...
17.2K 549 11
Rocky Mountains (yes that is her real name) is incredibly attractive. She's been told her entire life. Twenty four years of age and ready to take on...
25.3K 724 63
A smile played on my face as I saw on the sheet of paper in my hands. "Congratulations, you are pregnant eight weeks, Miss Reel!" The doctor said. "T...