The Royal Arrangement

By anamika200

Jai Singh Rathore is the prince of Ajmer. Even though the monarchy is no longer at play in India, Royalties d... More

Brief Background
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: Who is she?
Chapter 3: Again So Soon!?
Chapter 4: Clumsiness and Cuteness Together is a Killer
Chapter 5: No More Embarrassment Please
Chapter 6: Start of Something New
Chapter 7: Talk about exiting in all Swag
Chapter 8: She swagged off
Note
Chapter 9: He is such a big...
Chapter 10: Forgive Me
Chapter 11: In for a Surprise
Chapter 12: What are you?
Chapter 13: Best Sleep Ever
Chapter 14: Keep Your Hands Off
Chapter 15: I am not jealous
Chapter 16: The Dress
Chapter 17: One Step Closer
Chapter 18: Fiancee?!
Chapter 19: You are the one for me
Chapter 20: All over the place
#IMPORTANT#
Chapter 21: Remember this Universal Formula
Chapter 22: Permission!
Chapter 23: Inappropriate Suitors
Chapter 24: Back Home
Note
Chapter 25: Another Party, Another Suitor
Chapter 26: This is it
Chapter 27: New Day, New Beginnings
Chapter 28: Eating and Teasing
Chapter 29: Tricks and Treats
Chapter 30: First Date with Miss Sarcastic
Chapter 31: The Day of the Engagement
Chapter 32: The Surprise
Chapter 33: Midnight Conversations
Chapter 34: My Lioness!
Chapter 35: Surprise Meeting
Chapter 36: Knocked Off
Chapter 38: The Marriage
Chapter 39: Post Wedding Rituals
Chapter 40: Sassy Mornings
Chapter 41: First Fight
Chapter 42: Marital Bliss
Chapter 43: First move
Chapter 44: I Like You Too
Chapter 45: Celebrations
Chapter 46: I Love You
Chapter 47: Revelations, Hurt and Confessions
Chapter 48: Rendezvous
Chapter 49: Love & Jealousy
Chapter 50: This is it
Epilogue
#Maira's Pregnancy Bonus#
New Story Announcement
COMPLETED

Chapter 37: Oh Boy!

4.3K 194 8
By anamika200

Maira's POV:

2 more days and then I will no longer be a Kapoor.

Today is the Sangeet day (all family members and friends dance for the couple on modern day songs as well as traditional folk songs) along with Mudda-Milni (gifts, clothes, and jewellery are exchanged between the families).

In the morning, there aren't any functions in the morning, allowing me to relax a bit. I look down at my henna clad hands and ponder over Rishi's question that night. In that moment all I knew was that I cannot run away. Jai always has been nice to me and I cannot hurt him, no matter how confused or nervous I am. I need to do it not only for my family but for Jai. I know I cannot do that to Jai, he doesn't deserve that. He has always tried to look after me and tried understanding me in ways no one has ever tried.

It's past afternoon now, I look around to see various ladies barging into my room and the once silent room, now has sounds of laughter and shrieks. The group includes my mother, aunts, sisters, and few of my cousins and cousin bhabhis (sisters in law).

"Oho, look at the color of her henna, how dark it is. So, now officially we know our dulhe raja (groom) is officially whipped and gone." This is my sister who comments while other add their opinions and I keep mum not really wanting to talk.

I have my phone in my hand and I look down to see I have an unread message. I open it to see the message and a smirk makes it way to my face.

I don't have to wait long for the results as I get a much awaited call.

Mr. Prince calling...

Moving away from the crowded place, I went towards a secluded corner and calming my laughing self, I picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"You took it too far Ms. Kapoor." He says, a bit frustrated.

"What happened Jai? What's wrong? Is everything alright?" I feigned innocence in front of him.

"You just know exactly what happened."

"No, I don't. Please enlighten me."

"I was gonna forgive you but you took it to next level."

"If I remember correctly, it was you who declared the prank wars, right? I Just accepted the challenge." I say.

"Maira, do you really want me to come red faced to the functions?" He almost seemed upset.

"Don't be grumpy now, use a bit of oil and water, along with the remover that is kept in the drawer of the bedside and you'll be good to go."

"How did you even do all this by yourself?" He asks, a bit, a lot amazed.

"Ahhh, you've got yourself an intelligent fiancee Mr. Prince."

"Ohh, have I, Ms. Sarcastic?"

"Yesss."

"I gotta go now Jai. Bye." I continue.

"I'll take my revenge."

"Yeah, yeah, just like you did yesterday. Oops, you didn't do anything. My bad!" I cut the call laughing.

He doesn't know who he is messing with.

Well, to tell you all, I had red colour put in Jai's showerhead, so currently he is covered in blood red colour and looking at his picture that was sent to me, made me almost burst out laughing. He face scrunched and shocked and entire body and towel turned red and red water dripped around him as if he bathed in blood. It's hilarious, believe me.

I return to the audience in my room. I don't indulge into the conversations but find myself thinking of what Jai might do to take his revenge. I know he won't sit silent now and I don't want to give him the pleasure of winning this time.

The utter silence in my room breaks my chain of thoughts and everyone seems to be looking at me, actually glaring my way.

"What?"

"Don't you think you should start getting ready?"

"I think there's still nearly two hours before the function starts, why on earth will I start getting ready right now?" I look at them.

My sister lets out a huge sigh. "Maira, don't forget you're the bride and it takes time to do your hair and makeup. You should get started with your make up now."

"Ughhhh... Can I just not do any more make-up? I am so done with getting ready now. My face is gonna get swelled up with the amount of makeup you're using on my sensitive skin."

"Oh dear, it has just begun." Anaya teases me.

"Shut up!"

"I am sending in the beauticians for your make up." My mom tells me sternly and soon my room starts getting empty and my nerves shoot up.

The Sangeet function is in the open and as it is getting dark, the fairy lights around the trees and the stars and moon above have lot up the place in a very sombre way. This is all simple and pleasant until the function starts because, Sangeet means blast with dances from closed ones on songs making you want to dance with them.

Before I know it, I am making my way to sit on the couch with Jai already there for Mudda ceremony where gifts are exchanged between families, and damn, he looks hot! In pechish colour sherwani matching my dress, he looks drop dead gorgeous and I can't help but stare at him.

Our eyes meet and I can just drown in those dark deep eyes looking at me with so much warmth.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jai's POV:

I look up to see Maira making her way towards me and she looks drop dead gorgeous. The peach colored flared lehenga with dupatta hugging at the right places, while her hair in a stylish updo bun and minimal makeup. She isn't looking less than a freaking model.

(Maira's dress)

She takes her place next to me and I avert my gaze to not be caught. I can feel her staring at me and I get kind of conscious and turn my face to look at her.

"You didn't do good by pulling that prank Maira." She looks up with a broad smile which I can tell she is trying to control but cannot and in that smile, I feel like I have won a lottery. I now notice that when she laughs there forms a dimple on her right cheek making me want to poke her, but knowing her, I might suffer with a broken finger so I decide to keep to myself.

"Oh, did I?" I shift my gaze to meet her brown orbs lighting up with mischief.

"Yes, and now you'll face the consequences."

"Oh, are we talking about the one I will receive on going back from here, I mean you getting my shower go berserk?" I can feel my eyes widen.

How...just how?

I feel a pat on my thigh before she continues. "Don't worry, I had the staff mend the shower with the same speed as you asked them to dismantle it."

"Ho...how did you get to know?" I choked out the question and she laughs probably at my bizzare expression.

"Ahh, I am talented. I knew you would just do something similar to my prank. Copycat!" I show her my tongue, knowing there's nothing more I can do.

"Oh My God! Bhabhs (short form for bhabhi; sister-in-law) you look amazing." I turn around to see Dia and Armaan looking at Maira dreamily and I can't help but do the same. Taking her in from top to bottom knowing she'll be mine and at this point my heart starts beating faster, reality starts sinking in.

Maira looks down and is about to reply when the anchor starts introducing and some take their seats, excited for the show to begin while others usher backstage for their performance.

We both take a seat hoping to enjoy the show. Aisha Di and jiju performing a couple dance and I swoon at the ease and love that is present between them and can be seen by anyone. I hope someday Maira looks at me in the same way. Our parents' and siblings dance and few other dances take place and all the while Maira and I keep on clapping and hooting at the performances because they were so good. It always feels good to know someone has taken effort to do something for you and so we had to appreciate it.

Suddenly, the lights go off and I can hear people rushing to see why the lights went off. I think of going to check and stand up when suddenly under a spotlight on the slightly elevated stage, I see Maira. I can feel my jaw dropping and soon the song begins and she dances.

The smoothness and gracefulness she dances with leaves me amazed. She feels like a professional dancer and I cannot help but keep staring at her. Her flared skirt making every turn more mesmerizing and the slow song in background just making me forget everything going around. Not only her moves but even her expressions are making me swoon.

Before I can realise I am being pushed on the stage and soon the song changes to a different one. "Thinking out loud" is now in the background and I can move towards Maira, and grabbing her hand pull her towards me, reminiscing the time when I pulled her to save her from falling into the pond.

We move together, keeping up with the beat and all I can think of is how our relation has changed from the last time we danced together. Today, there is not stiffness in her body and there is a pleasant shine in her eyes and smile in which I wouldn't mind getting lost.

"I didn't know you can dance this well." I say slowly, only for her to hear, not like anyone else can hear us but still.

"Ahh...you don't know many things about me yet, Mr. Prince."

"Is that so, Ms. Sarcastic?"

"It is."

"Hmm...So how about you tell me everything I don't know about you?"

"Now where will the fun be in that? I thing you should try and figure it out yourself." A soft smile has grazed our lips and I know that I would do anything to just freeze this moment of us bickering and enjoying each other's company.

We are brought out of our trance with the loud applaud by the audience and we make our way back towards the couch kept for us. Maira and I were sitting separately than our families while eating and looking around seeing people dance and enjoy themselves.

"Maira, you look really pretty tonight."

"Ahh, I am afraid I can't say the same for you." There's a certain mischievous look in her eyes along with a look which says she doesn't believe my words one bit.

"You know, a simple thank you would have sufficed."

"Nah."

"You kn-" I am cut off by a loud voice.

"Maira!" I turn to look back at the source and see a boy making his way towards us.

Maira lets out a small shriek before getting onto her feet and hurrying a way towards the guy and giving him a tight hug. A very tight hug.

Oh boy! Another boy. What is it with Maira and boys?

Why can't she be friends with girls?

"Congratulations!" The unknown guy says. Maira gets out of the hug and punches the guy on his shoulder.

"Ouch! You wanna kill me or what!" That's what should be done to you for touching her.

"You have a lot of apologizing to do. Better get to that right now." I can see the way the guy looks at Maira and I am not liking it at all.

"Well, I can apologize later on but Maira, you are looking so..."

"Gorgeous. I know, I know, I have been complimented." Maira adds when the guy trails off.

"No, I was gonna say, girly but even gorgeous is fine."

"Jerkface." Why does Maira forget to introduce me when she meets the guys in her life? I use the same old trick of clearing my throat and as always it seems to work.

"Well, who do we have here?" Her fiancee. If only I could reply him.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce you guys. Harsh, this is Jai and Jai this is Harsh, my-"

"Best friend, love of her life, savior, confidant, and anything and everything you can imagine."

"You wish." Maira scoffs.

"Well, it's nice to meet you." Not. But I cannot say that so I stick to the first part only.

"You missed my performance so you better compensate for that and on top of that you interrupted my peaceful dinner." Maira points out.

"Well ma'am I did see your performance, FYI. And for interrupting your dinner, I was meeting your family who seemed to love me more than you because they weren't ready to leave me only. Also, I thought I was the only guy you performed on romantic songs with, I am hurt." He put his hands over his chest to show his fake hurt and I can feel my hands getting clenched on my side.

"You were. Not anymore." Maira replies sassily but that doesn't ease my comfort.

"So, Jai, how did you get your hands on this one?"

"I-" like always I am cut off by Maira.

"What do you mean by got his hands on me? I am not a commodity."

"Tch! Maira why do you have to be like this? I am sorry! So Jai, how did you get Maira to agree to do this?"

"Umm..." I am thinking of ways to answer it but cannot come up with anything.

"Harsh, let him be now. We have a lot of catching up to do and so you are coming with me once we are done with this function."

What!?

How come Maira doesn't mind sharing room with guys? Okay, maybe she doesn't but I do.

"Mai, you need your beauty sleep for tomorrow." Mai? He even has a nickname for her now. I can feel my muscles tightening and if looks could kill, this Harsh guy would be hundred feet deep buried, gasping for air.

Call me unreasonable but I am a territorial person, not like Maira is my property but I don't like guys getting so free with her or giving her such looks.

"Shut up! You out of all peeps know that I can function even without sleeping a wink."

"Come let's go and dance, it's been so long."

"Jerkface, you seem to forget that I was having my dinner. So, I might wanna get back to it, if you don't mind."

"What if I mind?"

"You can get the hell out of here?" She says in a duh tone making me chuckle. Harsh's phone starts ringing and he excuses himself much to my relief. Maira turns back to me and eyes me to take my sit back where we were eating.

"Do you have an insulting name for everyone?"

"Nah! Only the ones I am close too."

"So, that means I am close to you? Because you call me Mr. Prince?"

"No, I call you Mr. Prince because you are Prince. It's not insulting at all."

"So, that means you are not close to me?" Guess what her reply is to this.

A freaking shrug. That's all I get. Niceeee.

"So, how do you know Harsh?" My mood is a bit dampen but I now want to know more about that Jerkface.

"Oh, we went to school together and have been close ever since. Even when I was abroad for my studies, we would talk every once in a while. Harsh is the one constant friend I have had through years and I know out of all the people I know, I can rely on him."

"You can rely on me too." I speak before my mind could comprehend my words. Not like I don't mean them but just few moments ago, I was told I wasn't close to her and now I am telling her she can rely on me.

How much more desperate can I come off as?

Maira doesn't say anything on this and even I don't mind.

"So, you studied abroad?"

"Yeah, for an year. How else do you think I was able to get Armaan here in no time?"

"I stil don't get the relation."

"So, while I was doing my masters there, I worked in a big law firm under a top shot lawyer, and had a good equation with him. He has really big corporate clients and was able to arrange for Armaan's travel by pulling a few strings."

"Damn Maira! I didn't know you have such contacts." I am too amazed to be able to grasp all this new information right now.

"Hah...you don't know me even now." She says pulling up her imaginary collars.

I shake my head and get back to hogging my food. There aren't many people left in the hall as it's quite late and they have retired to their respective rooms.

"Maira, can you come with me for a second? I need to talk to you." The urgency in Harsh's voice not lost.

"Yeah, sure? Is everything alright?" Maira looks up at the frantic looking Harsh.

"No, but can we talk alone, please." Maira looks at me next to her before getting up.

"I'll be right back." Saying this she leaves with him. Again, I just don't like the idea of her going with Harsh but I need to respect her choice of friends. One thing that I have come to realise during the wedding is that Maira has more guy friends as compared to girls. I mean I have met atleast a dozen guy friends of hers while only one or two girl friends.

It's been more than ten minutes and there's still no sign of Maira or Harsh and I just hope everything is alright.

"Bhai, (Brother) let's go. I am tired and anyways there aren't many people now."

"Actually, I am waiting for Maira, she said she'll be back in a few minutes."

"Oh, let's go out and wait for her by the door and you can say your goodbye then." Armaan suggests and so, we proceed and stand by the entrance of the hall.

Being late, there's a certain darkness surrounding the hotel, not the kind where nothing is visible, but the kind that conceals the dark corners.

"What is that over there?" Armaan asks pointing towards a secluded corner where I can see two people talking and before I can say anything, my feet take me closer and the scene in front of me makes my blood boil.

"So, Miss Maira Kapoor, will you marry me?"

__________________________________________

Hey guys!
I hope you all enjoyed this update. What do yourself think will be Maira's reaction or answer for that matter and how do you all think Jai is gonna react?

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you all:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 9K 47
Kashvi Rao never planned to get married, and it was never her choice. However, when she finally agreed to marry, it was to the man chosen by her pare...
2.7M 92.7K 38
DEDICATION- To all the girls who dream of being royal , your dream will partially get filled with this book. " If you love me accept the promise my c...
53.4K 1.7K 27
The Betrayal series #1 [ ON HOLD ] ♡ - 🥀 - ♡ Yuvraj : Yuvraj Singh Rathore never breaks his promises. Ruhaan...