Brave New World: Flash

By Lauriver1fanboy

My name is Barry Allen. After restoring the multiverse, I woke up to find myself back at the beginning of my... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Up For adoption

Chapter 12

180 5 0
By Lauriver1fanboy

Barry was surprised when there was a knock on his door the following morning and even more surprised and delighted when he found Kara on the other side.

"Kara." Barry said as he hugged her.

"Hey Barry. It is so good to see you again." Kara said.

"You too. Sorry I haven't been able to drop by National City." Barry said.

"Honestly, since I think we're all still recovering from the last crossover, I don't think any of us are ready for another one. And I actually came to talk to Iris. Is she here?" Kara asked.

"No, she's in Keystone with her dad and Wally, visiting her mom. Can I ask why you wanted to talk to her?" Barry asked.

"It's business stuff. But anyways, can I ask why there's only been one sighting of the Flash since you got your powers?" Kara now asked him.

"Because I might not have my powers for much longer." Barry said.

"What are you talking about?" Kara asked.

"Remember how we got into the speed force to go back to the dawn of time from the Vanishing Point?" Barry asked.

"Yeah, you ran us there." Kara said.

"Yes, but in order to get into the speed force, I had to make Oliver give me his spectre energy in order to give me the energy boost I needed and while it worked, it did have a side effect." Barry said.

"What kind of side effect?" Kara asked.

"The speed force couldn't handle the spectre energy, it's causing a meltdown that's destroying it from the inside. If it dies, then I'll lose my powers." Barry said.

"So, to save the multiverse, you had to potentially sacrifice your powers." Kara said.

"Yeah. Oliver warned me that giving me his energy would be dangerous, but I didn't listen." Barry said.

"Barry, you didn't know what would happen and the gambit paid off at the time, since if you hadn't had done that, we'd still be trapped at the Vanishing Point and everything and everyone else would be gone. Besides, now we've all been given a second chance. You made the right call. I would've done the same thing." Kara said.

"Kara, you can never lose your powers like this because yours are dependent on the sun. If the sun dies, not only do you lose your powers, but everything in this solar system dies too." Barry pointed out.

"I know, but I do know a thing or two about making hard calls to save the world. And besides, you're not the Flash because of your speed, just like how I'm not Supergirl because of my strength. We're heroes because of who we are inside. Plus, you and your team, from what you've told me, accomplishing the impossible is just another day at the office for you. I'm sure you're already trying to figure something out." Kara said.

"We are." Barry confirmed.

"Then it will work out. Especially if you have some additional help. My team has two of the best scientific minds on this planet on it. I'm sure they'd be willing to help and you should consider reaching out to Team Arrow and the Legends, since the more brain power you have on this problem, the better." Kara said.

"I'll reach out." Barry agreed, since he knew she was right.

"So, any idea when Iris will be back?" Kara asked.

"Later today." Barry said, right as Kara's hearing perked up.

"You mind?" Kara asked, since this was his city.

"Go for it." Barry said, giving her his blessing, since while he'd like to go with her, or handle it himself, he knew that for now, he needed to conserve his speed, and without further notice, Kara's watch glowed with red light before said light swept over her body and just like that, she was completely garbed as Supergirl, right down to her hair being released from it's ponytail and her glasses being removed.

"Okay, how?" Barry asked and Supergirl shrugged.

"Martian tech is all shapeshifting." Supergirl said as she flew out of the apartment.

"Damn I want one of those." Barry said, since that would be even easier than his current suit, not to mention it would make it possible for the rest of his team to be able to conceal and carry their suits when they needed to.

When Supergirl arrived at the scene, she was very angry when she found a group of soldiers circling what had to be a metahuman, since she could tell by the fact that this person had fire coming out of their hands. She was even angrier when she recognized who it was and slammed into the ground between the meta and the military, directing the shockwave towards the soldiers, knocking them back.

"What do you think you're doing?" the general in charge, who she didn't recognize, but he had a square jaw and light grey hair, asked.

"I could ask you the same thing, General. I know that you were not about to take this metahuman into custody to try and turn him into a weapon, because if you did, well, that would not be good for you." Supergirl said.

"These metas are the ultimate weapons and they belong to the United States military. They can save countless soldiers' lives." the general, who's name Supergirl now saw was Eiling, said.

"Maybe, but that should be their choice. Not yours. This is your one warning. Stand down." Supergirl said.

"I've had enough of this. Take her down. We can always use a weapon like her in our ranks." Eiling said to his troops, who hesitated for a moment before switching out their magazines.

"You really think that bullets will hurt me?" Supergirl asked.

"These ones will." Eiling said.

"Kryptonite." Supergirl realized when she saw a speck of green in one of the clips.

"That's right. Did you honestly think I wouldn't be prepared in case you or your cousin showed up?" Eiling asked as he and his men fired, only for Supergirl to press the S on her suit, which caused another suit to materialize around her, complete with helmet, enabling her to just shrug off the kryptonite.

"Did you honestly think I would be prepared for Kryptonite?" Supergirl asked as she did a hulk as she knew Winn liked to call it, and slammed her hands together in a thunder clap that sent Eiling and his forces flying back as she turned her attention to the metahuman who'd been standing there.

"Jax, is that you?" Supergirl asked.

"No. My name is." the man said.

"Professor Martin Stein." Supergirl said to Firestorm, who she now recognized as the merged superform of Jefferson Jackson and Martin Stein. She now remembered how Barry had told her that when Stein had initially bonded to his first host, something like this had happened.

"How?" Firestorm asked.

"Long story, but for now, let's get you some place where people can actually help you." Supergirl said as she grabbed him before Firestorm could object and flew off.

Cisco, Caitlin, Harry and Jesse, the latter two had been staying at Star Labs until they could find a place to live, which wouldn't happen until Team Flash had established a cover story, which they were in the process of, were surprised when they saw Kara fly into the Cortex, Jefferson Jackson being with her.

"Okay, where did you get that suit?" was the first thing Cisco asked, since she was still wearing her protective suit, which she then retracted into her regular suit.

"You've got your geniuses, I've got mine." Kara said.

"What is going on here?" Firestorm asked.

"You found Firestorm." Cisco said.

"More like the military did and I followed them. I came here to talk to Iris about a potential business opportunity, but Barry also told me about your current situation, so I'm gonna put you guys in touch with my team's resident geniuses to see if they can help." Kara said.

"Thank you, but anyways, I think we should put that on hold until we get a quantum splicer put together to unfuse Jax and Stein before we restore their memories, since I don't think it's a good idea if we do that while they're still in this state." Caitlin said and Cisco and Harry both nodded.

"She's right about that. The mental strain could end up accelerating the state of nuclear fission." Harry said.

"You mean explode?" Firestorm asked and Cisco nodded.

"I know a lot of this doesn't make sense right now, but we can help you and Jefferson get back to your old selves, but we need to act quickly, since there is a very good chance that the instability of what caused you two to merge is likely heading towards a nuclear explosion." Cisco said.

"That does make sense. If you're smart enough to piece all this together, then I'm sure that you can help find a way to safely separate us." Firestorm asked.

"Come on, I've got everything we need in my workshop." Cisco said as he led Harry out of the Cortex, Firestorm followed them.

"So, what kind of business opportunity are you here for?" Caitlin asked.

"In this universe, I run my own online paper instead of simply being a reporter at Catco and I'm working to expand my brand. I've already got offices opened in National City, Smallville and Calvintown and I was hoping to add Central City to the list before I head home to National City." Kara said.

"And you want Iris to run it." Caitlin said and Kara nodded.

"And my answer is yes." Iris said from behind them as they turned to see her.

"Iris, it's so good to see you." Kara said as she hugged the other woman.

"You too, and needless to say, you're going to be a bridesmaid at my wedding this time around, since honestly, I wish I'd done that the first time around. Will you be having a plus one?" Iris asked.

"Yes, Mon-El and I are back together, though you should throw some invites in for the rest of my team, since we've now fought side by side together countless times." Kara said.

"Barry already insisted that we add J'onn to the list, I was actually hoping you could get me a list of addresses to send invites to." Iris said.

"Done. But anyways, why don't we talk about the specifics of you working for me." Kara said.

"No problem." Iris said, since honestly, working for Kara sounded way better than working for CCPN, and she wouldn't even have to relocate.

"Also Iris, you still have military contacts right?" Caitlin asked before they left.

"Yeah, why?" Iris asked, surprising Kara.

"Because General Eiling has become a factor again, so it would be nice to have someone with actual military clearance look into him." Caitlin said.

"I'll look into it." Iris promised, since while she'd been fortunate enough to have never met the bastard, she had no love for him and would love to help bring him, since now that she'd actually served in the military, she truly realized how much of a disgrace he was to the military.

"Okay then, let's talk." Kara said and Iris nodded as they left the cortex.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 4K 80
My name is Samantha Smith and I am the fastest women alive. When I was 11 I saw my parents murdered by something impossible. I was sent to a care ho...
6.3K 300 28
Caitlin went to college in New York. She graduated and decided after a few years she wanted to go back to Central City. But things weren't as she lef...
4K 138 36
Part three of new version of Second Chances. My name is Barry Allen and I am the fastest man alive. After helping to reboot the universe, I found mys...
20.6K 351 15
In a battle with the Reverse Flash Barry Allen accidentally reverses time to the day he woke up from his coma (this is my very first story please try...