Empty Vessel - Genshin×Fem!Re...

By kattkat1

VERY SLOW UPDATES! I'm so sorry but this year of college has really hit me hard. "Ah shit, here we go again"... More

read-me-please? DO IT THEY ARE IMPORTANT!
Y/N
RASPUTIN - a GriffinBurns cover
▪︎Tar~Tar~Tar~Tar~Tar~Tar▪︎
prologue.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
eleven.
twelve.
thriteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
HAPPY GAMING!
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
we kinda need to talk about 2.1
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
incorrect quotes

ten.

2.3K 105 132
By kattkat1

"Seriously...Rain?"

Y/N'S POV

After I parted ways with Zhongli, I decided to head back to my hotel room for a relaxing y/n peace time but I guess the weather was like " You wish bitch".

It started raining which I tried to neglect at first but suddenly it got stronger and now its like a freaking down pour. Who knew Liyue can have these strong typhoons.

The streets were mostly empty, the remaining people are running to find shelter for the moment.

"Do normal umbrellas even withstand that pressure..holy fuck" I talked like none is around then used my anemo vision like last time in an attempt to block the rain. Slowly but surely, I made my way back to the small hotel but I wasted so much energy for the sake of my outfit.

Ughh who would want my beautiful hair ruined? Even worse.. no one likes wet socks..

Yucckk~

~~~~~

"Your guest card please" an employee of the hotel asked me. He blocked the way in.

"My what?"

"A guest card is required to enter"

"When I checked in I'm damn sure that the receptionist didn't give me whatever that is" I crossed my arms and fixed my eyes into theirs to create physiological pressure.

"S-Sorry mam, we have strict rules" the employee apologised with a little tone of guilt in their voice.

"It's raining, whether I booked a room or not just let me in for a while till it ends. Be more humane to another human will you?"

"I'm sorry the rules are applied no matter the circumstances.. because many have sneaked into the hotel for a free stay" The employee replied in a firm tone while trying his best to ignore my gaze.

"Then that means your system sucks, its not my fault. Hey..How about I talk with the receptionist over there and show you my name on the guest list to also show you how dead wrong is y-"

"She's with me"

Suddenly I felt a hand on shoulder and a familiar voice. Oh yea..that's Tartaglia for sure. I didn't bother looking behind me.

"Oh of course my apologies, please enter" the employee finally allowed me to enter..to which I replied with a death glare.

Who knew Liyue's people can be annoying..sometimes it's like the nation of greed. it's a perfect title for a business focused nation anyway.

This has nothing to do with greed..but I really despise Liyue's people to some extent.

After finally entering the main hall of the hotel Tartaglia "tried" to  introduce himself as he trailed behind me.

"Heyy not even a thanks?"

"I was doing just fine on my own"

"Well ... that may be true but come on we're comrades right? I have never got the chance to introduce myself even back at Snezhanya" he whined.

"Oh..so you remember me?" I stopped and turned around.

"Your white hair is really easy to detect and remember.. I've seen you often around the headquarters. You're that girl that worships sweet flowers, literally~" he chuckled and raised both of his hands.

"I'm just a normal fatui recruit"

"I assume you already know my title?"

"Yes, Childe" I called him by his work alias.

"Oh that's wonderful so you already know who I am, now I just need to know who you are to make it fair right?" He flashed an innocent smile.

It seems like he's trying his best to remain charming.

"That's kind of stupid you know, your title is well known among the fatui ranks. Besides didn't I just say that I'm a normal recruit?"

"That's true..but you certainly feel.. a little more special. Never seen a fatui recruit with such sass if I must say"

"this isn't a bar" I raise an eye brow as I cringed at his statement.

Childe then put a hand on his stomach then laughed..

"Hhahahhaha! I thought I'd never hear words of humor inside the fatui" he pretended to wipe tears of joy.

"Don't you have anything to do as one of the harbingers?" I crossed my arms and gave him a grumpy look.

"Oh today is actually a really easy day for me, you see.. all I have to do is just relax"

"Oh really?"

Childe nodded playfully "Yes really!"

"Okay..then what will the great 11th harbinger do on his free day?" I tried to sound sarcastic while going along with the flow of his words.

"The great 11th harbinger was perhaps thinking of taking out this beautiful lady for dinner my treat! otherwise I wouldn't be so great am I right?"

"Who knew you're flirty as heck" I turned my head to a different direction.

"Please! Getting to know an interesting comrade definitely wouldn't count a good day of relaxation wasted." He held his hands together and asked politely.

"*sigh* I would be naive to decline a free meal from my...superior right?"

Childe nodded again in the same manner "Exactly! So come along"

"You do realise its raining..?"

"Oh who needs to go outside? I already have two tables set at the hotel's restaurant lounge"

"What the-" I suddenly became alarmed.

Childe started laughing as if this is so casual for him then he continued..

"When you left this earlier today in the morning, I saw your guest card at the reception desk. It looks like you forgot it when you checked in" Childe brought a card from his pocket, and gave it to me with two fingers whereas the card was in between.

Looks like I've underestimated this little harbinger.

"Y/N, it's a pleasure to meet you, let me ask you again. Would you like to grab a bite with me?" His smile is always there.

Before I could reply Childe laughed in an act "Oh you won't say no right? Imagine leaving me to eat dinner alone in a table of two. You certainly can't be that cruel to me riighhtt~?" He continued his attempt into dragging me to this dinner treat of his.

Underestimating someone is a stupid common mistake. He certainly is a play boy huh?

I don't think accepting it would do me any harm. I'll get the chance to study his personality actually, which will also help me understand why Signora chose him...and I guess I never knew who Childe really is..so let's see.

"I accept your humble invitation"

"Really? Alright that'll be fun! I look forward to knowing more about you comrade!"

~~~~~~~ 10 minutes later ~~~~~~

Me and Childe are sitting on probably the fanciest table in the restaurant. He booked two seats near the window.

how very..specific.

"Like the ambiance?" His lips were almost always formed into a smile. Which leaves the question ..is that smile genuine?

I bet not.

"It's nice but I prefer home at Snezhanya, where the atmosphere was more..chill" I replied while watching the rain outside.

Actually I was watching which rain droplet will win the race.. it's a bummer my rain droplet lost.

"Oh I see, I also like the weather there! Home is just unforgettable.." he paused.

"Tell me y/n, as a fatui recruit what brings you here to Liyue?"

I looked back then replied

"I was just deployed here recently, there's really nothing else more than northland bank in Liyue anyway..which is most likely debt collection, managing records and clients"

"I mean, you could be a spy for the fatui" he raised a hand to put on his chin.

"These jobs do exist amidst the fatui ranks but it's not what I'm here for, besides when you said that you sense that I'm special..where did you come up with that speculation? I've never heard anyone tell me that"

"Oh really? Back in Snezhnaya..it always seemed like you're the odd one out"

"Uhh..like those questions in maths back at elementary school?" I joked.

Childe laughed again then continued
"Haha! Something like that..you really do look special y/n. You spend most of your time with sweet flowers and occasionally I see you outside..uh..taking naps on snow."

"Are hobbies considered special now..huh...that's weird"

"No no that's not what I meant!" Childe waved his hands in a cross motion.

"They are very unique hobbies but what I simply meant is that it always looks like you have lots of free time in your hands"

"Oh jealous much?" I continued

"I work under La Signora *cough* ..My lady allows me to have as much free time as I will. She only calls me out for specific jobs...like this one! Which I'm not allowed to share with you as it's private information"

holy shit I can't believe just called Signora by My Lady. If she were here she would have been laughing her ass off.

"Interesting! You must be pretty skilled in the art of fighting to be her subordinate" Childe beamed yet again another smile..I can swear it's the thousand time he smiled.

"I heard you once challenged her..." I switched topics.

"Yep!"

"She surpsingly accepted"

"Correction, she had to accept! I kept annoying her into it." Childe raised a finger.

"But then, you lost"

"Unfortunately, but I look forward to more matches like these...perhaps ..you.. would"

"Challenge you?"

"Bingo"

"I'll definitely consider that" I replied without hesitation.

"Woah really?! I can't find many people who accept because they fear me as a harbinger so that's refreshing to hear! I look forward to it..haha!"

he gave me a welcoming grin as if he'll just suddenly fight me in a restaurant.

"Ehm, sir. your food has arrived" The waiter cleared his throat awkwardly then proceeded to place our dishes on the table.

Oh shit..I think the waiter overheard that a harbinger is going to spar with someone.

They probably don't see sparing to be something that casual to ask out on dinner in Liyue than it is in Snezhnaya..let alone a harbinger is involved..Well.. two harbingers actually.

I ordered a simple dish of "insert dish here".. The Liyue cuisine was generally good because they used many spices which created exotic flavours. Each bite is definitely something.

Tartaglia ordered sea food...which I
wouldn't want to try after smelling the sea breeze everyday on these lands. It just gives me nausea sometimes.

I don't dislike seafood because food is food but you know when you eat something for so long that you hate it? Yea ..my childhood was all fish because it was the cheapest.

After the waiter left, neither of us started eating..something is wrong here.

After staring at each other for 10 awkward seconds that passed slower than Signora walking with heels. I decided to break the silence.

"The food will sure taste as good as it looks, If we actually eat it."

Childe glanced at the food for a moment then looked back at me "Sounds about right"

"Okay..then let's actually eat ..it?"

"Oh dear..." Childe hesitantly grabbed his chopsticks and tried to take a bite from his Crab soup  only for it to fall and make a tiny splash that went over the bottom of his chin.

"Chopsticks" is all he said with a grumpy voice.

I couldn't contain my laughter.

"Haha!"  I pointed a finger.. "HahHa!..Tartaglia..the 11th harbinger ...hah..can't use chopsticks?"

"Heyyy what are you laughing at! Its a foreign cuisine!" Childe proceeded to grab a napkin to wipe it off.

"Hahah...I Haha.. ha...I- I can't use them either"

I said after controlling my laughter which only made Childe laugh at his little accident after realising we both suck at using chopsticks.

"Oh really now? Guess we're on the same boat" he chuckled.

"Hold on I think they have chop-sticks for..uhm..toddlers, I'll go fetch two of them" Childe excused himself for a moment.

I looked down at my food then began thinking..

I have to admit to myself but..I really have never knew Tartaglia as a person. He isn't like all of the other serious brick walls I know.

I had first thought that he'll be like them...

HAIL HER MAJESTY THE TSARIITSAAA! muahahahahaha!

Buuut.. he's not.

He's not serious even outside of work unlike Signora.

He doesn't have anger issues like the dude in constant denial that his hat is comically large or that his height is around a kitchen counter and a half.

And he doesn't sound like he's gonna create the most stupid invention that man kind never needed and then proceed to work on fixing it when it turns against him like Dottore.

As far as I know the rest of the harbingers are the same old weirdos.

Nevertheless.. Tartaglia is still a harbinger and as a harbinger myself I can confirm that even if we seem like normal with ideals, a part of us is corrupted by our work line.

I have yet to see which part of him is corrupted..finding out about it is the key to uncovering his whole personality

"Here you go"

Childe handed me a beginner chopstick and then returned to his seat.

Beginner chopsticks have a support at the top of it that keeps the two sticks together and makes the whole process 100 times simpler.

But what was more hideously funny than two harbingers eating with beginner chopsticks that had smiley animal shapes on the top of them?

Yea I don't even know at this point.

My life is a joke

~~~~~~~~

"Aww man I'm stuffed" satisfied, I place a hand on my stomach.

"When we were kids,  they always told us there's more room for deserts right?" Childe exclaimed.

"I'm not sure if I can eat more tho"

"Ohh..but I ordered Almond tofu with an extra sweet syrup, too bad it'll go to waste" Childe pouted in an act of trying to convince me.

Which worked. Not because of his acting..but because of the sweets of course.

"Yea I can't even go that far when my stomach is literally begging me to stop, can I have it as a takeaway?"

"Whatever the lady desires"

"Whatever you say talk boy"

~~~~~

After leaving the restaurant, Childe gave me the packaged takeaway tofu and we started chatting again in the main hallway.

"Already tired?"

"They say the head gets heavy when you eat, so i'll take a nap..too bad there ain't any snow around here" I stretched one hand behind my neck.

"A bummer indeed..Well what about tomorrow?"

"Wha?- oh yea the sparing match.. Wait a second! were you seriously going to fight me after treating me to dinner?"

"Sorry, I got a little too excited" childe ruffled with his hair.

I put a hand on my face then replied

"I'm not surprised..anyway, I've got some stuff on my schedule tomorrow"

Another appointment with Zhongli actually.

"The day after tomorrow?" He proceeded to ask for a time set.

"Uhh lemme think" I give my head little bumps.

"Oh yea, sounds good! Better train well Tartaglia or would you want to be crawling back to bubu pharmacy after getting beat by just a fatui recruit?"

..it's going to be so much fun when I win as not Snow Mischief..but a lowly recruit!. yes..I'll send his prestige to the deepest hells in the rankings.

"Oh so challenging..I love a challenge you know that? Better train well too. I'm a harbinger for good reason"

"Sure sure we'll see"

I waved a hand then left. I could hear Tartaglia saying a cya or something like that.

I dont wanna even ask about the bill but all i know is that I won't eat again for the next couple of days. Maybe I'm over exaggerating but I'm so full!

Now i know why you chose him Signora. I grinned to myself.

Childe is a friendly character from the outside, the perfect pick to establish a well founded reputation between Wangsheng and us.

He is still a Harbinger and we all fall under the rule of being strict when it comes to work. I hate it sometimes but then again, I'm a harbinger..  I have slowly started to accept my reality over the course of 8 years till death became a common word of mine and seeing blood wasn't even a choice to neglect.

But..Childe is the perfect doll.
goodness have I become like Signora too?

But he really is, Childe is very good at establishing relations and is very easy to fool. His power is great but not too strong for the traveller. He is surpsingly one of the most loyal of the harbingers to her majesty, so accepting this commission from Signora didn't cross his mind even once..

He accepted at first glance.

A/N : FINALLY! The appearance of one of our favourite harbingers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 11.8K 57
𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍!𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐱 𝐅𝐄𝐌!𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 🎞️ . . . What will happen when the 2. Fatui harbinger, ( Y/N ) ( L/N) is going on a missio...
77.4K 2.4K 56
War. War is all she can think of. Fighting for her life is all she can think of. Being a yaksha for her nation of Khaneri'ah, she swore to protect wh...
2M 102K 96
(IMPORTANT! So im kinda editing this story to flow better and catch up with my current writing style. Ive already done a few chapters but lemme tell...
322K 11K 33
🎞️ . . . A child in the hands of the god of Geo who lives a few hundred years already, not growing an inch as they stayed child over all the tim...