Royal Duchess | BRF Story

Von nina4401

Amelia Saunders married Prince George of Wales in 2010, in a lavish ceremony in London, after being in a rela... Mehr

Characters
Wedding of the Century
I will
Photos, Balconies, and Kisses
Honeymoon and back
Trooping
Another Royal Engagement
Duchesses Stick Together
Tours and News
Tests and Expectations
In Sickness and in Health
Family Announcements
Baby Plans
Pregnancy Books
Safely delivered
New Additions
Royal Nanny
Princess Victoria's Christening
State Dinner
Countryside
Babies and Christmas
Family Plans
Cakes and Tears
Royal Cousin
Stepping up
Family Decisions
Half Term Break
Mummy's Tummy
Planning visits
Countdown
Big Sister
Complete
Visitors
Details
Contemplations
Food for Thought
Peaceful
Missed You
Birthday Photos
Household
Big Girl
Parties and Interviews
Situation
Back to Normal
Family Dinner
Moments
Happiness
Baby
Weddings
Beginnings
Arrival
A Growing (Royal) Family
Familial Arrangements
Unresolved Problems
Happy
World
Family Nerves
Royal Life
Cherry Blossoms
Trooping Debut
Never too Much
Change of plans
Welcome Back
Relationships
Grandparents
Family Christmas
Honouring
New beginnings
Time
Hyde Park News
Dr Martin
Complete
Home
Worth it all
10 years on
The Royal Children
Prince James
Princess Mary
Princess Alice
Prince Frederick

Princess Victoria

3.8K 56 9
Von nina4401

June 10th, 2021.

Apartment 1A, Kensington Palace, London. 

The clock strikes seven, announcing to dear Vicky her birthday, which had seemed more gloomy than any other she would ever have in her life, was coming to an end. She was really nine, and that was a thought she never thought she would have. Time was flying by it seemed. 

Victoria had had a good birthday, she had face timed her godparents early in the morning, after having had muffins for her special birthday breakfast, and soon after her grandparents arrived, with a beautiful doll Vicky was sure to treasure for years to come; they left just some hours later. Great-grammy had sent a bouquet of flowers and a pair of the most beautiful ballet slippers, and being away in Windsor the young princess was instructed to immediately call her great grandmother and thank her for the lovely present; Elizabeth was happy to hear from her dearest granddaughter after such turbulent times. 

Grandpa Wales and Milla came soon after midday, with arms full of presents, to which the Duchess of Clarence seemed a little bothered; her children might be princes and princesses, but she didn't want them to be detached from reality, and having arms full of presents every birthday wasn't something every child was accustomed to. They had tea in the drawing room and sang her happy birthday before they too left. 

But now, after having had supper with her brother, sister and parents, Vicky remembered what a few of her classmates were saying a few classes back. The thought had never crossed her mind, but it did seem odd now that they called Grandpa Wales the same as the country. 

"You have thirty minutes, sweet." 

Vicky nodded but kept her gaze locked on the big windows facing the back gardens. The Duchess noticed that just before realising the TV was still on while her daughter didn't seem to be paying any attention to what was happening. 

"Something the matter, sweet?"

The Duchess had just been able to put to bed little Freddy, who even after a year and a half from his birth still didn't seem to be wanting to sleep unless he was being held by one of his parents; little Lissy on the other hand had been fast asleep just after being given her bath. So she had time to sit down next to her daughter on the sofa and talk. 

"Am I different, mummy?" 

"Different?"

"Yes. Why do everyone keeps looking at me strange after we come back from a holiday? And why does Grandpa Wales has the same name as the country?" 

Amelia really wasn't sure what she should say. Of course she knew one day her daughter would find out about her position as future Queen, but Georgie himself had only found out when he was twelve, so Amelia just assumed the same would happen with her daughter. But Vicky had always been clever, and at only nine she was already asking questions, questions Amelia, even after eleven years as a working royal, just didn't know how to even begin to form a coherent answer. 

"Your questions are valid ones, sweet, and I thank you for trusting them to me. However, even mummy sometimes doesn't know every answer."

"So I am just different. That is why they keep looking at me strange."

"No. I just think I'm not the best person to answer them. But I know papa would be very happy to answer them if you asked him."

It couldn't have worked better if they had planned it, and a few seconds after mother and daughter had fallen into complete silence the Duke entered the room, looking just as tired as any other parent who had just read five different stories before his son was finally able to fall asleep. 

"Did I hear my name?"

"Indeed." 

When his wife looked at him Georgie noticed the matter was a serious one, and he immediately rushed and sat down on the other side of his daughter. Amelia gave him a smile before kissing her daughter's hair and getting up. She knew it would be better if she let them talk alone, after all she wouldn't be of much help when their daughter started asking more questions. 

"Am I different, papa? Why do my classmates look at me differently and always ask questions when we come back from holiday? Why is it that Grandpa Wales is named after the country?" 

"You have always been one clever girl, Vicky, and I think that is why I am so sure you'll be able to handle knowing a bit more of our family history." The girl looked intrigued, and the Duke gave her a smile before he continued. "My father, Grandpa Wales, got that nickname from me and Uncle Wills right after you were born, and of course soon came cousin George. Your name is Victoria Clarence, because your mother and I are Clarences."

The girl nodded, as her father's brain was trying to map out how he would proceed. 

"Your Grandpa Wales, is a Wales."

"Why? Isn't Grandpa Wales your father?"

"Indeed he is." The Duke lets out a tired laugh, nodding his head in agreement. "He is also Prince of Wales."

"Prince of Wales?"

The Prince nodded and continued. "You may already have seen that many places we visit have a portrait of Grammy, that is because she is known to everyone as Queen Elizabeth II." 

"Grammy is Queen?"

"Yes. I had a hard time understanding that when I was younger, but as Grammy is the Queen, Grandpa Wales is Prince of Wales, her heir."

"I don't understand, papa. What does that have to do with our last name? And our holidays?"

"Because being Queen is a very important job, sweetheart. One where you're always being watched and everything you do is noticed."

"So that is why there's always so many people at Christmas."

"Indeed."

The Princess shakes her head. It was hard understanding that your great-grandmother and The Queen were the same person, especially at such a tender age, but Vicky was trying her best. 

"Then why don't you and mummy and we all have her last name? Or Grandpa Wales'" 

"Because 'Prince of Wales' is a title given to Grandpa by The Queen, his mother. I, when I married mummy, received my own title. Mummy and I are known as 'The Duke and Duchess of Clarence'." 

"Duke and Duchess of Clarence?" The last name rolled out of Vicky's tongue with ease, but the first part seemed too strange and foreigner. 

"Yes, and that is why your surname, and your siblings's surnames, is Clarence." 

After a few seconds of silence, where Vicky tried to draw a map in her mind of everything her father had just told her, she looked up again. 

"Then I am a Duchess?" The title seemed odd in her tongue, but she went along, not really bothered to have it fit better at that moment. 

"No, you're a Princess. Like I am a Prince."

"And mummy?"

"Mummy is a Duchess."

"Why isn't she a princess?"

"Rules and traditions, sweetheart. I ask myself that same question everyday." 

The Princess nodded, fidgeting with her dress as her father took a deep breath. 

"Why don't you go and start getting ready for bed? It's nearly your bedtime. Mummy and I will be up in a few minutes." 

Vicky nodded and got up, heading out but stopping in the doorstep of the family room, looking back at her father, having enough courage to speck her mind. 

"I don't want to be a Princess, papa. I like being Vicky."

"I know, sweetheart. But that is something you don't have to worry right now."

"But one day I will."

"When the time comes things will be different, Vicky, and we, your family, will be here to support you in every step you take." 

Vicky didn't wait any more, or say anything else. She left the room and went to her bedroom, finally having had a few of her questions answered. And when the time indeed came, many years later, she was older, and had come to understand her position both in Society, but also in their Family. Many years later, when her twenty-first birthday came around, she was happy to be known as Princess Victoria, The Princess of Wales. 

On her 18th birthday, Princess Victoria of Wales announced she would be studying Art history at the University of St Andrews, where her uncle and aunt, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and her own parents had studied during their university years. Although closely related to the princess' original choice of course, which was Fine arts, her decision was very much influenced by her grandfather, King Charles, who believed the future Princess of Wales should not study simply art, but it's history. She obliged. 

At St Andrews she was met with her most sought after privacy, which the princess later on admitted she needed to understand who she was and for her to understand and come to terms with her position as future Queen. 

By the end of her first year she met Edmund Stoner, a third year student of Economics and finance at the university. They met again and became friends during the summer break, and Mr Stoner followed the princess down to Windsor, where he met the Princess' parents and siblings. The two started a relationship in the privacy of Scotland, and the princess was one of Stoner's guests at his graduation ceremony later that year. 

After the princess graduated it was speculated if she would be following her father's footsteps and go into the military; after a few months of silence from the palace it was announced that the princess was taking up residence at St James' Palace, from where she would start her life of public service. At the same time her nearly year-old relationship became known to the public, with much scrutiny. 

At the age of 21 she underwent her first solo tour. She visited four countries in the span of a month; the tour started in Finland, followed by Norway and Denmark, and to conclude a tour that would soon be labelled as a diplomatic success for the princess, Sweden, where she met with her Swedish counterpart, Princess Estelle. During the tour the princess visited many cultural sites and museums, as well as meeting as many young children as she could. 

On the year of her twenty third birthday she announced she would be launching the 'Young Artists Fund' in association with the Prince's Trust; the YAF, was it would later be labelled by the public, would with time become Her Royal Highness long term project, and she would work alongside a few family members, like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and the Duchess' Centre for Early Childhood. 

One year after her father's accession to the Throne as King George VII, her father announced his 'dearly beloved and adored daughter, Princess Victoria' would be having her investiture as Princess of Wales on March 1st, St Davids Day, at Caernarfon Castle. Princess Victoria then became known as 'Princess Victoria, the Princess of Wales', she was also the first ever Princess of Wales on her own right to be formally awarded the title and have an investiture. Victoria, the same year, was installed as the Royal Knight Companion of the Order of the Garter, and an Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle. The honours were added the princess still small collection of her GCVO, given to her by her grandfather on her 18th birthday, and her two Royal Family Orders. 

With the investiture she became patron of twenty five charities and patronages, many having come from the former King and Queen, as well as some others, that had been without a Royal Patron since the passing of the former patron. 

She has said many times before that her passion and favourite hobby is painting, and it is a hobby is often comes back to when she needs to relax and forget her responsibilities for a while. When she moved to Apartment 1A (her parent's former home) she asked for one of the second floor rooms to be converted into a personal studio, where she can paint and store all of her creations. 

After 6 years of relationship, a two year breakup and a boyfriend between that time for the princess, the Princess of Wales and Edmund Stoner announced their engagement on a cold November morning, which was followed by a photocall at Buckingham Palace. The wedding took place seven months later, on May 28, the same day her parents were married many years before. The couple became formally known as 'Their Royal Highnesses The Princess of Wales and The Duke of Clarence'; after many public and private discussions Mr Edmund Stoner was given his father-in-law's former dukedom so not to outrank his wife. 

Her married life was a treasured part of her life, and she very much wanted to enjoy it before the couple welcomed any children. The couple had three children: Anne, who became Queen Anne II, Augustus and Amelia, who was fondly known as Mimi. 

Victoria became Queen at the age of 41, during the summer, after her 71-year-old father passed away peacefully in his sleep; his cause of death wasn't made public until many years later, but it was confirmed that the King had been suffering from heart problems, and that was what killed him. With this a new Victorian Era commenced and Vicky was adamant to be a great Queen, which she become, however, there were a few setbacks when her relationship with her husband became distant. The Duke of Clarence always supported his Queen, and tried to make their relationship better every way he could; this reconnection happened after his wife's silver jubilee.  And by their 30th wedding anniversary the Duke of Clarence was made Prince Edmund, as a token of gratitude from the Queen, for all the years of unconditional support she received from her significant other. 

Queen Victoria II became just as famous as her namesake, although not having been monarch for such a long time, and was much adored by her people, having brought with her a new way of 'doing monarchy', that both kept the Royal Family in touch with its people, and held up to the old traditions. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

60.6K 1.3K 16
In which Amelia has gotten too comfortable with her secret relationship and Michael has now given her the ultimatum either go public and engaged or b...
401K 13.1K 64
SOFIA My life was always supposed to be described in one word. Perfect. I am the perfect princess from the perfect kingdom. My parents allowed me to...
50.1K 1K 11
*Alternate Beginning to the Royals Series* In this special edition to the Royals Series, Jackie Baker and Prince Harry have a bit of history before t...
82.1K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...