Never too Much

The two months of June and July the Clarence family stayed back in London until the children finished their school years and the Duke and Duchess of Clarence had completed their engagements for those months, and afterwards, on the second week of July, they travelled to Norfolk. They wanted to spend as much time together, away from the media, before they were back in London, to their fast-tracked lives and Amelia had to travel.

The talks for their agenda for 2019 was already being discussed, with the Duchess being involved in many of them. Amelia and George's private secretaries were spending the weekend at the family home to discuss a few big events that would require at least a year of planning, like, for example, their 10th wedding anniversary in 2020, where The Queen already said they would be having a big celebration.

However for now, and still for the same year of 2018, the next big event in the Clarence's private agenda, and public as well, was their youngest daughter's 1st birthday. The family was planning a small birthday party for the close friends and relatives, hosted by the Duke and Duchess at their home, since the date was so close to the beginning of November and the Remembrance Weekend.

"Her Majesty would like, once Your Royal Highness arrives back from Africa, to have tea and discuss the tiara you would like to wear for the state banquet."

"Will Camilla, Catherine and Meghan attend?"

"I am not completely sure, I know a few of the other Royal Highnesses have already decided on a tiara, others will be having tea with the Queen to decide."

"You can decide on a date for me, Josie. Anything else related to the State Visit?" The Duchess asks, closing her notebook and looking over her desk, to her private secretary.

"No, at least nothing you don't already know."

"You will be leaving today?" The Duchess asks, getting up with her private secretary, walking out of her study.

"Yes, I have a meeting with Her Majesty's private secretary in a few days."

"Mummy! Come play!"

Prince James and Princess Victoria had been waiting outside their mother's office for what felt for a little child like forever, they wanted to play outside, in the family's pool, but since both parents were in meetings and Nanny Harriet was taking care of Princess Mary there was no one to watch the kids.

"Why don't we go get daddy? I am sure he will love to come play too."

The Duke of Clarence had just finished his meeting with his own private secretary, who had already left to pack his bags, when the Duchess and the two eldest children came running inside the kitchen, jumping with excitement.

"Come play daddy!"

"Yes, daddy, please!"

The happiness inside the room and emanating from the family members was palpable. That moment, that happy moment was everything the couple had always wanted, dreamed about since they assumed their relationship back in their university days.

And while the couple watched their prince and princess play around in the pool, and with their youngest princess sleeping next to them in her pram, the Duke and Duchess couldn't hide their love, a love as true and pure as any other couple who had to fight to be together in that moment.

"Can you believe we are less than two years away from our 10th anniversary?"

"Absolutely not. Sometimes I can barely believe we are married." The funny comment from the duke earned him a slap in the arm and an angry expression from his wife.

"Very funny, George."

"I love you, Bee, and sometimes it feels like we have only been married for a couple of months."

The Royal couple shared a passionate but contained kiss since their children were just a few meters away. "And I love you, Georgie."

"How much?"

"Maybe too much for your own good." The Duchess's laughter was interrupted by a stolen kiss.

"Your love will never be too much, Bee."