Stepping up

Another State Visit, the second one for Amelia, and a very important one for the country. Like always they had a walk through meeting at Buckingham Palace three days before the presidents' arrival, but two days before Amelia was asked to attend a private meeting with Her Majesty The Queen.

While following one of the butlers of the Palace Amelia felt her hands shaking, and she was having the same feeling she did when she was dating George, and still not part of the family. The Palace walls seemed to close in on her and she tried to calm herself down when they got to the White Drawing room.

"The Queen will arrive shortly, Your Royal Highness."

Elizabeth, something that Amelia rarely called the Queen, normally received family on her private apartments, and so when she was alone at the Drawing Room used for official visits and meetings her nervous feeling only grew.

"Amelia, my dear, how are you?" The Queen says, coming out of the hidden door that connects her private apartments to the state ones.

"Very well, Your Majesty. And you?" Amelia says, kissing both of the Queens' cheeks and curtsying.

"Let's sit, shall we?"

The White Drawing room was one of the most uncomfortable rooms in the Palace and Amelia understood why it was only used for official engagements.

"You may be wondering why I called you here. But before you think you did something wrong I just want to say you're doing everything perfectly, as you should."

"Thank you, ma'am."

"And since this year was your and Georges' third anniversary I wanted to give you something special, and that you can wear together with your wedding tiara for the State Visit."

With a simple gesture of the hand the Lord Chamberlain, who Amelia had not even noticed was in the room, gave the Queen a black velvet box, with HRH The Duchess of Clarence engraved in gold on the top.

Inside there was something Amelia never thought of having. The Royal Family Order, with its yellow ribband and diamonds, and Queen Elizabeths' portrait.

"It's painted in glass, and it has a special date behind."

05.28.2010 and 11.02.2013, her wedding day and the day she received the order.

"Thank you, so much."

"No need, you're doing your job perfectly and you are a great addition to this family."

"Thank you, your majesty."

"Now, I wanted to ask you which tiara you would like to wear for your first Diplomatic Reception. The Cambridge Lover's Knot is reserved for you, and you can also choose any other one."

- - -

As Eira pinned the Order on her left shoulder Amelia smiled, remembering how much George and herself fought for their relationship to be accepted by the family and the public. And now here they were.

"Thank you, Eira."

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you, sweetheart." She said, trying not to kiss her husband and not smudge her lipstick.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yes." She says, picking her dress train up and her bag from the bed.

- - -

The Duchess of Clarence shared a balcony with The Countess of Wessex and Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence during Remembrance Day, and seemed both relaxed and touched during the service and after the night before when Her Royal Highness was caught teary-eyed during the performance.

A lot of people are speculating the Duchess is sensitive because she is expecting her second child but from what was visible of her today we couldn't see a baby bump. While the polls are three to one the Duchess of Clarence will be announcing her second pregnancy till the end of the year since the couple only announced her first pregnancy on Christmas Eve of 2011.

- - -

The Duke and Duchess of Clarence arrived at the London Palladium for the Royal Variety Performance, the couple's second year attending, with their first having been their wedding year.

The Duchess looked beautiful in an A-line blue dress while she chatted with the cast of Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. And once again the duchess put the internet on a frenzy, with people speculating on whether or not the duchess is pregnant after Her Royal Highness put her hand on her stomach several times before and after the performance.

- - -

The Duke and Duchess of Clarence looked joyful as they arrived at Buckingham Palace, where the Diplomatic Reception is happening. This is the first time the Duke and Duchess are accompanying Her Majesty The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall.

This is one of the last engagements before the family are due to travel north, where they will spend their Winter Holidays with other members of the Royal Family at the Sandringham Estate.

The Duchess of Clarence wore a red formal dress paired with earrings loaned by the Queen. And differently from what people expected the Duchess was wearing the Strathmore Rose Tiara for the first time, while the tiara hasn't been seen in public for many years.