GINGERSNAPS

נכתב על ידי theginger412

Olivia Evans, who was given up at birth by her mother, Petunia, later finds out that she is a witch. Just whe... עוד

1. The Past meets The Future
2. Settling In
3. Lemonade
4. Flash
5. Captured Moments
6. Breaking Through
7. Scolded
8. Beaten Up
9. Petrified
10. Safe
11. Leaky Cauldron
12. Respects
13. Challenged
14. Slashed
15. Mischief Managed
16. Yearbook
17. Bring The Lion Out
18. The Cup
20. Contact
21. Toffee
22. Strawberry Ice Cream
23. The World Cup
24. Her Heart
25. Moody
26. The Tournament
27. Her Name
28. Her Wand
29. Her Dragon
30. The First Task
31. Her Flame
32. Love Potion
33. The Yule Ball
34. The Second Task
35. Birthdays
36. The Third Task
37. Graveyard
38. Her Friend
39. In Memory
40. Grimmauld Place
41. Pieces of Her
42. Inked
43. Lavender Tea
44. Uncle
45. Firewhiskey
46. Ministry of Magic
47. The Hearing
48. Treacle Tart
49. Evans
50. Her Boggart
51. Kings Cross
52. Bloody Mess
53. Skeleton
54. Playing with Fire
55. Last, First Match
56. Attacked
57. St. Mungos
58. Honey
59. P for Percy
60. Drooble's Best Blowing Gum
61. Her Letters and Feathers
62. Occlumency
63. Not Tonight
64. Cornish Pixies
65. Red Lace
66. Yellow Paint
67. Sacked
68. Changes and Captures
69. Style
70. Adventure's End
71. Blowing Kisses
72. Stunned
73. Evans
74. Her Death
75. Cracks In Their World
76. From The Ashes
77. Her Funeral
78. Her First
79. Broomsticks & Sunsets
80. The Return
81. Scars
82. Permission
83. Paints and Pranks
84. Red
85. Normal
86. Vials and Stakes
87. Blood Oath
88. Arm Sling
89. Trunk of Photos
90. Never Know
91. In This Life
92. Melted Metal

19. Moony

2.8K 106 2
נכתב על ידי theginger412

The final exams was upon them. And Olivia was more excited than ever, not because she believed that she received full marks but because the yearbooks were in. She had finished her OWLS early thanks to being able to turn her living portrait in early to Professor Smith. Olivia was able to setup a table outside the Great Hall and sale the yearbooks to students on the last day of exams.

Everyone was excited to buy their own copy. She had even seen a handful of students switching around to sign the backs of them. She was stacking more of them on the table from the crate when she noticed someone was standing there.

She stood up from her crouch and seen that it was Oliver Wood. He smiled at her, "I wanted to buy a copy."

"Of course, here you go." She handed him the book and he gave her the galleons, that she placed into a container.

"I'd love it if the creator would sign her work in my copy." He said sweetly, holding out a quill and the yearbook.

"I'd love to," she took the quill and flipped through the book to find a spot. Her eyes landed a photo that was taken of them last year after one of the quidditch games in the lions common room.

She had given her camera to Angelina, and asked her to take a shot of her and Wood. Oliver pulled Olivia into a hug, arms wrapped around her waist holding her in place, their faces looking sideways at the camera, they were smiling and laughing.

She placed the book on the table and scribbled a note and signed her name and gave it back to him.

He looked down and read it aloud, "To Oliver. May everyday feel like your winning day. With love and kindness, Ollie!" He smiled at her, "please tell me that you'll write to me, once school is out."

"Of course I will, Oliver." She told him. He backed away from the table gave her a smile and left the entrance hall.

By the end of the day almost everyone had picked up their copy of the yearbook. The ones not sold she gave to Dumbledore, but Olivia had bought a few extra copies for herself, and some people she wanted to give them too.

One of those people, happen to Professor Lupin, she knew he was feeling ill because of the full moon being that night and decided she'd drop it off tomorrow.

But the next morning when she woke up, she had heard everything that had happened to the teacher, to Harry and his friends, Snape and Sirius Black escaping, the only good news she heard was that Buckbeak had gotten away from being executed.

She had ran into Harry and he told her everything. About how Snape was pranked by Sirius Black when they were young so now he was holding a grudge and falsely accusing the murderer and Lupin. That's why Snape had also hated the teacher.

Olivia tried to tell Harry he was wrong but Harry told Olivia about Snape covering Lupins class and assigning the essays about werewolves. And Olivia tried to chalk it up as maybe they were behind.

But Olivias mind had changed completely when she went into the Great Hall and had heard something from the Slytherin table.

The worst news was that Severus Snape had told the Slytherin House about Lupins condition.

Olivia was furious. She was fueled with rage. And she wasn't going to hold back.

So that morning, Olivia busted open Snapes office door. Inside Snape looked at her wide eyed. She quickly slammed the door behind her.

"YOU!" She bellowed. The ends of her hair sparking. She slowly paced to his desk. "WHY?"

"I'm going to need you to be more specific on what you're talking about." Snape said coldly.

"Why did you tell the Slytherins about Professor Lupin?" She glared at him.

"It was for their own safety, for your own safety-"

"DONT! Don't give me the rubbish about my safety! Don't act like you done this for my well being! This wasn't about me at all. This... this was about you..." she said stone cold.

"You don't know what you're talking about, I know what's best for you-"

"I know exactly what I'm talking about- trust me I know plenty. WHATS BEST FOR ME? HA! You done this for your own revenge!- don't try to tell me otherwise- I know about what happened when you was my age! I know that this was about a grudge you've been holding for years! And for what? To get even? You decided that because of a prank that happened YEARS AGO, you decided that you was going to ruin that mans life!"

Snape started to say something, but Olivia cut him off with a pointed finger and went on.

"All because he's different! Because of something he doesn't have control over! All because of something he had no choice in! That's no different than me being Muggle born" she yelled at the man.

"That completely different and you know it!" He yelled back.

"Is it?..." she asked with a deathly calmness. "Tell me how it's different then! Tell me how I don't understand the same judgement that he gets for being a werewolf is not the same judgement for me being a Muggle born. Tell me how the slurs I'm called and the looks I get is different. It wasn't his choice to be a werewolf just like it wasn't mine to be a witch."

"He is dangerous!!!" He roared

"HE WAS FOUR! HE WAS FOUR WHEN HE WAS BITTEN!" Olivia roared, dropping her voice laced with a ice. "What was you doing when you was four? You know what I was doing, I was sitting in a orphanage, hoping that my mum and dad would change their mind and come back to get me!...." A cold silent filled the room. "He was four.... And- and he didn't get a choice. I- I didn't get a choice. But that's how it turned out. So tell me, how is it different?" She whispered, tears rolling down her face. "Because I know what they think of me.... What they say about me... That just because I am muggleborn- no that I'm a Mudblood-" she spat at him. "That I'm some how less that others? Less than a pureblood? Hell, less than a half-blood? So tell me how is it different." Olivia said, her stone face rivaled against Snapes.

He stood there, lost for words... he blew out a breath. "Olivia...."

She was hoping he would tell her but he never did. "Just forget it, I don't want to know what you have to say. I've- I've got to go. I've got to see Professor Lupin before he leaves." She said, "Here, I got you a copy of the yearbook. I wanted to be the finish to show you, but.. look how that turned out." She told him with a sour face throwing the book on his desk and left the room. Slamming the door on her way out.

Snape collapse into his chair, and put his head in his hands.

On his desk the yearbook had fallen open. And the page that it laid open on was the same one Snape had seen when he looked at it in Dumbledores office. The page with the same picture of the one she framed and gave him that he left in his desk drawer. Olivia had written a note on it.

Thank you for wanting me when no one else did.
Olivia

Instead of Lupins office, Olivia was currently knocking on Dumbledore door. After hearing him say come in, she entered.

"Ollie, what can I do for you today?" Dumbledore said politely raising up from the stack of paperwork on his desk.

"I'm sorry to bother you sir but... but I think I'm ready. I think I want to know about my family." She said nervously.

The old wizard sighed, and pushed up his glasses. "I knew you would want to know eventually but I was hoping to have this talk with Severus here, shall I go get-"

"No, sorry, no sir. I rather it just be you that tells me. Please." She said taking her usual seat in front of his desk.

"Alright, only if you're sure that you want to know." He gave her a questioning look, and she nodded for him to continue. "Very well. What we found out three years ago is that we know who you're mother is."

"Really...." She breathed out.

"Yes. Her name is Petunia Dursley."

"Dursley that name sounds familiar-"

"Well that's because Harry Potter lives with the Dursley's. Petunia is his aunt. His mother was Petunias sister. Lily Potter."

Olivia sat there speechless. She couldn't believe that all this was true.

"How do you know? That all this is true? That it's not a mistake?"

"We suspected. You don't know it but you are the spitting image of Lily Potter. But we didn't know for sure until Harry came to Hogwarts and was able to test yours and his hair."

"That makes sense, he got here three years ago. But.. what Harry said they're terrible to him. They hate anything to do with magic. How can someone like that be my mother?" Shaking her head with disbelief

"We had the same question. But I believe it to be that you didn't grow up in the environment. So you wasn't nurtured to think like them." Dumbledore said reassuringly

"And what about my dad? Is it the Dursley man she's married to?"

"No, he is not your father. It seems that Petunia had you before she was married. We don't know who your father is."

"Oh okay. Gosh this is a lot to take in." She said putting a hand on her head.

"Olivia, it is important that Harry does not know. The only people that does know is you, Severus, myself and Lupin."

"Lupin? Why does he know?"

"He came to us with the same suspicions. We all originally thought that you could be Lily Potters daughter but after the test came back we now know the truth. Lupin was a very close friend to the Potters, both of them not just James."

"That's right I think I remember hearing about about Harry's dad and Professor Lupin being friends." She took a deep breath and stared at her feet.

After a minute or so, Dumbledore asked, "Ollie, are you okay?"

"Oh... yeah I think I am. Thank you sir. For telling me. I gotta go, uh you have a good day sir." She stood from the chair and made it to the door and left.

Olivia wiped her tears as she stood outside the open door of Professor Lupins office. She knocked softly and walked in with a smile.

"Olivia I thought I'd be seeing you." Lupin smiled from behind his desk he stood putting things in a trunk.

"I brought you something." She said and walked forward and laid the yearbook on his desk. "The finished thing. Everyone got their copies yesterday but I knew you was out because of your condition. So I wanted to give it to you. Especially now since you're- you're" Olivia struggled to go on, the tears were swelling in her eyes.

"It's okay Olivia, I resigned." He told her

"Wouldn't have to if it was for Severus,-"

"It would have gotten out eventually. I don't believe I ever thanked you for not saying anything. It is appreciated," he said taking a seat behind the desk.

"He doesn't understand. He doesn't know what it's like for us." She said softly. "We didn't get choices we only got the hand we was dealt and the judgement with it. You was four..." Olivia voice cracked.

"How do you know that I was 4 when I was bitten?" He asked with a curious look.

She sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk. "I looked it up. You're on the registry and I found the daily prophet when it happened. I know I shouldn't have but I was curious. I'm sorry Professor." She said apologetically

"Olivia it's fine, and you don't have to call me Professor, I'm no longer your teacher." He sighed

"You're one of the greatest teachers I've ever had, probably the best but if you tell McGonagall I'll deny it to my grave," she joked sniffling and wiping her nose.

"Your secret is safe with me." He laughed

"So how long have you known?" Olivia asked

"Known about what?" He asked confused

"Who my mother is." She said softly and sighed

"Olivia I don't know what you're-"

"It's okay. I know. Dumbledore told me."

"Oh... well, I guessed for a while but I didn't know for sure until the day I went with you to turn in the yearbook to be printed." He answered honestly.

"Do i really look that much like her? Like Lily Potter?" She really wanted to know.

"You know quite a bit it seems but yes," he sighed. "And you act just like her too. But when I first met you, it was hard not to see Lily in you."

"That's my middle name." When he looked confused by her words she went on. "Lily. My name is Olivia Lily Evans." She heaved a sigh and he gave her a pitied look. "Ive never even seen a picture of her. Or my mother. Well of any of my family." She confessed. "I guess except for Harry." She said with a small smile.

"That's what really made me need to know for sure, who you were, because that day when you came into my office and I was with Harry, I could have sworn I was looking at James and Lily." He said sadly. Looking off as if he was replaying a memory.

"Dumbledore said he can't know." She said, "I assumed to keep him safe. But he doesn't have anyone. I don't have anyone."

"You have Severus."

She scoffed.

"You do. And besides when he was younger he was best friends with Lily. I bet if you wanted to know more about her you could ask him."

"I doubt that," she said and he gave her a questioned look. "Because I just got into a fight with him"

"Well, I'm sure it will resolve eventually. Now if you would excuse me I have to pack some more." He said kindly, standing up from his chair.

She stood too and noticed that he had the Marauders Map laid out on his desk. Pointing down at the parchment.

"Hey how did you get that?" She asked, he looked down at what she was pointing to.

"How do you know about that?" He asked

"Because Fred and George stole it from Filch's office our first year. And I also know that they gave it to Harry."

"Of course you and those twins would know about the map. Well I confiscated it from Harry after he got caught with it from Snape."

"But how do you know how to work it?" She raised a brow at him. And he waited for her to catch on. "No! No way!!! YOU ARE MOONY!!!!" His smile was the only confirmation she got.

She shook his hand frantically, "Well, I owe you a lot Moony, can't tell you how many times that map has saved me. I can't believe I get to meet one of the original Marauders. The legend himself." She teased

"It good to see the trouble making didn't die out, and a new generation took over. I have enjoyed being your teacher Ollie." He said with a smile.

"You called me Ollie." She smiled back. "I hope life starts treating you better. Enjoy it a little more." She said walking to the door and left.

Once Olivia had gone Lupin picked up the yearbook and found a chocolate frog underneath it. Remus smiled and flipped through the book. A piece of parchment fell out and he picked it up. On it was written,

Thank you for helping me find confidence. If you need to be reminded of how great of a teacher you are then check page 45.
-Ollie

Remus found the page and looked from picture to picture until his eyes settled on one. There he stood on the quidditch field next to Harry. Remus was looking off at something with a grin and Harry had been looking at him. Smiling and admiring his teacher. It must have been after Harry blasted Malfoy and his friends during the Ravenclaw game.

Remus during that moment, he couldn't have felt more proud of Harry for conquering his fear of dementors and winning the game. In that moment wasn't only a proud teacher but a proud uncle.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

519K 14.6K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
98.7K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
1.3M 38.1K 96
When Alice transfers from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts, everything changes, she leaves many things behind. Or at least she thinks she does. But then she m...
208K 6.5K 28
Athene Atkinson had never been one to step into the limelight. She was quite content to sit in her little bookshop in Diagon Alley day in and day out...