Soulmates - More than just a...

بواسطة cn_books

Soulmates exist - however, they are incredibly rare. Being able to telepathically communicate, sharing their... المزيد

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 08

45 14 2
بواسطة cn_books

Elle's POV

It was just another boring day at college. Nothing special going on - except for the weird hunch that something big would happen soon. This feeling was haunting me since yesterday. It was probably just one of my typical symptoms again. I internally sighed.

Jess was in another lecture right now - probably asleep, so I couldn't see her in my free time. I looked at the clock which hung on the wall right above me. Two hours left until my next subject and I absolutely had no idea how to spent my time. I already read all of the books I wanted to read and finished all my exams already, so studying wasn't an option either.

Normally I would have just visited the "secret" garden on campus which was my favorite spot for relaxing alone but as my last lecture was held in a building which was too far away from it, I decided to search for another quiet place. I noticed how it was less crowded today. Distinct chatter were heard left and right, however, I didn't have to fight my way through everyone like I usually had to.

As I went downstairs and turned around a corner, I got to a calmer section of a hallway. This college sure was big. It has been 2 years since I started studying here but there were always new surprises to it as I managed to discover new hallways, rooms and chill spots from time to time. Just like now.

It was probably the section for art students. As I passed the corridor, I saw paintings in various sizes hanging from the wall left and right. It felt like I was in some kind of art gallery. Nothing seemed to be lacking whether it was simple sketches, modern art pieces, picasso-like paintings etc.

I was too indulged by looking at all of these that I ignored the slight pull which I suddenly felt in my heart. These weird sensations always happened randomly, so it surely was nothing surprising.

I was about to pass another corner of paintings as a certain voice reached my ears. His voice.
"So, I heard you were his friend back in high school. I actually knew him, too, you know." I immediately took a few steps back and hid behind the corner, only listening. I didn't even know why I did that.

"Oh, really?", another man's voice appeared. "How did you know him?"
"Well, just from some random party. I wanted to invite him to another one - do you know where he is?" As I slightly peeked around the corner, I saw him. This time around, the man wasn't clothed in a fully black attire and hidden behind a face mask. I softly gasped as he finally turned around.

In a corridor full of paintings and various kinds of art, he looked like the greatest masterpiece. From his grey eyes which built a beautiful contrast to his dark brown hair, to his well-defined cheek bones and his finely chiseled jaw. Moreover, he was only wearing a short-sleeved shirt, revealing his toned arms.

Jess would have called him a total sex bomb. I could literally hear her say it in my head. To be honest, I was never one to be blinded by people's appearances and it felt totally clichéd to me that I had to admit that I just saw the most handsome guy in my whole life. And not only that, I even felt a weird kind of attraction to him - something I just couldn't explain. It was certainly strange.

I mean, I have never been in love before - not even once. And now some random guy appeared and I felt attracted to him? I shook my head. It was far too ironic. There was definitely something wrong with me today.

"No, Matt suddenly disappeared. He isn't answering all of my texts, as well. I just heard, he left the country to study elsewhere but nobody knows...", the other guy answered in a frustrated tone.
Matt? Were they talking about the one who bragged around about his soulmate?

"That's weird. Did he have a girlfriend or something? Maybe she knows." Zero. I never talked to him before and only had that weird dream four months ago - however, I felt like this really was his name. People would surely think that I must have been crazy, but I had a feeling that this was more than just a simple hunch.

I watched how the other guy only shrugged. "Matt was just fucking around with every girl he could get. So I don't really know."
Zero narrowed his eyes as the guy answered. "Who was the last girl he was with?", he asked.
"Dude, you're asking something... I guess, it was that Georgia girl. Some blonde. They went to the same highschool before."

"I see." Zero brightly smiled, showing his perfect white teeth while patting the other guy's shoulder. "Gotta go now, thanks.", he then said and started walking away. And as soon Zero turned his back to the other guy, his smile vanished in an instant. Was he just pretending?

I couldn't think about it any further as I suddenly realized that he was walking right into my direction. Damn it. He was just about to turn around the corner, seeing me listening to their entire conversation like some weird stalker, as I started to move back.

But it was far too late to run away now. Not even one second after, his gaze caught mine. His grey eyes slightly widened at my sight but soon found their composure again. While I tried to catch my breath again, a sudden shudder went through my whole body. He looked even better up close if that was even possible.

I felt something similar to the first encounter we had. A pull towards him, a yearning for something - but this time around, I didn't fall into a trance.
"Who are you?", I asked him. My gaze not leaving his. His grey eyes slowly narrowed at my words. It was a clear and calm kind of grey.

"Do we know each other?", he simply replied and walked right past me. What the hell. I didn't know why I got irritated but it caused me to follow him. I knew that he was the one at the party and strangely enough - also the one in my dream.
"I saw you at the party. Do you remember me?", I tried again while catching up to him.

"There was really nothing worth remembering.", he coldly said, while ignoring my gaze. Damn, was this his real personality?
"Then why are you running away from me?" I said in a sassy tone to which he only pressed his lips together without answering. Why was he being like this? We didn't even know each other and I was sure that I didn't do anything to be ignored by him.

"So, you listened to our conversation, huh?", he finally spoke as he noticed how I didn't stop following him. I nodded, slightly embarassed.
"I didn't mean to..." I couldn't even finish my sentence as he coldly cut into it.
"So, do you know a certain Georgia? Or do you even know Matthew Bill?", the man spoke in a calm tone, however, I could feel that his question held a slight tone of urgency.

"Yeah, both of them went to my highschool.", I politely told him to which he only frowned.
"Do you know Georgia's last name? Maybe a picture?"
"Are you a stalker?", I finally stood still. And he surprisingly halted, as well. His eyes turned to mine, carefully watching me. A slight hint of discontent was reflected in them.

"Don't jump to unnecessary conclusions.", he slowly said as he continued his steps. "And now go your way. I'm not interested in you."
A sudden pang went through my chest but quickly got replaced by a slight sense of irritation. "Well, too bad, I'm not interested in you either but we can't let a stalker run around here, can we?"

"If this is a way to get my attention, it's not working." A cold voice.
I only scoffed. "I'm just -"
"Listen," He cut through my words again. "And now listen carefully. I guess, you felt it, right? What we are to each other. But you shouldn't feel happy about it. Ignore it and move on."

The grey in his eyes looked at me sharply before turning away again. I didn't know what he meant. What we are to each other? We didn't even know each other.

"What do you mean by that?" I followed him again. He only sighed while he opened a door which led us to the outside of the building. Around us were dozens of trees and bushes, blocking the sight to our surroundings. Only a small path could be seen on the ground.

"Tell me what you mean, Zero." His name slipped out of my mouth.

He immediately froze. Then his cold grey eyes slowly turned towards me.
"So you even know my name already. And you still want an explanation for what I meant? What are you pretending for? I thought I had a little brighter soulmate." His voice was sharp and his facial expression reflected his whole disdain towards me.

I only looked at him. Confused. "Soulmate?" Did he believe in that kind of thing? "Did you just say that I'm your soulmate?"
"How else would you know my name? We've never met before." I stumbled back at his words - confusion spreading on my face. What was that guy even saying? Soulmates? I internally scoffed. We weren't five or anything.
Zero saw my reaction and something in his eyes started to change. A look of disbelief grew on his face.

"Wait", he slowly mumbled. "You really don't know." What was with this sudden switch? It was like he knew how I felt all of a sudden.
"Like I said.", I rolled my eyes to which he only furrowed his eye brows. Damn, he looked cute doing that. What the hell am I suddenly thinking? I internally shook my head, weirded out by myself and my thoughts. Something was definitely wrong with me today.

"You...", Zero started, "You should be careful. And don't follow me. Forget me. Just live your life like you always were and -" He couldn't finish his sentence as this time around, someone else interrupted him right in the middle of it.

"Look, what I found. If it isn't Zero, our little lap dog.", a woman's voice suddenly appeared. It sounded like a silken purr as a tall figure stepped through the small path. I didn't manage to see what she looked like, as Zero abruptly jumped in front of my face and shoved me through the door we came out of. I was perplexed when he forcefully pushed me inside.
"Wha -", I couldn't manage to say anything further as his eyes furiously told me to shut up.

"Run." , he hissed in a low voice.
"Zero, I -... who is that -" I started but he already slammed the door shut, nearly broke its glass, and vanished behind the trees and bushes. The woman from before was gone, as well. Weird. I tried to step towards the door again as something suddenly blasted through my mind.

"Run." I suddenly heard a voice in my head. His voice. I instantly froze.

Why was it in my head? What was this? What was happening to me? My hands started to shake as sweat dripped down my forehead. And my knees wobbled at each step I stumbled back, feeling like they would give up on me any second.
"Run away - now!"  Again. This time even louder, more aggressive. There was a sense of urgency in his voice.

A small sense of fear began to slide up my spine, grasping onto me, crawling up further and further. My breath staggered and my heart felt like it would jump out of my chest any second. I slowly stepped back from the door, almost stumbling over my own feet.

"Run!", Zero's voice screamed in my head again.

And then I ran.

____

So guys,

they finally met. :D

It's actually not my proudest chapter because I really struggled with the thought if it was written well and realistic enough. But I still hope that you don't mind and still managed to enjoy it all the way through. ♡

Could you feel Elle's confusion in this chapter? Did you think that this would be how Zero's and Elle's first "real" encounter would happen?

Tell me in the comments and don't forget to vote if you'd like to! ♡

Yours Christine ♡

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

UNGIFTED بواسطة Naara

الخيال العلمي

459 33 32
Gifts and soulmates were common currency in Donumdell. From a very young age, that was all its citizens were instilled with. And each and every one o...
1.9K 82 35
***Note: It's all fiction.*** A beast. A human. Both are destined to be soulmates. One thinks that it's unfair for a human to have to live with a bea...
1M 9.2K 7
Completed..... (This book is now moved from Wattpad to Novelcat. Only sample chapters are available here.) #Won 3rd prize in Werewolf contest held by...
272K 5.8K 37
Welcome my Lovely Readers to The Wings of the Broken!❤❤ ###################### The Reader has been on the run from HYDRA for about a year. After esca...