ALONE [JJK]

By StupidButCute00

"Your eyes are like smoke: gray and full of heat." His own eyes dipped into yours, his arms only slightly loo... More

Prologue
Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
IMPORTANT
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty - Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty - Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty - Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty - Four
Chapter Forty - Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty - Seven
Chapter Forty - Eight
Chapter Forty - Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two -Part 01-
Chapter Fifty Two -Part 02-
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine

Chapter Twenty Two

3.3K 248 121
By StupidButCute00

"WATCH OUT...."You screamed, made one step forward then froze when you saw Jungkook regaining his balance, giving you a stupid thumbs up. "TAKE ME AS A HOSTAGE!" You shouted when you noticed Kyumin was about to turn and follow your gaze.

You swallowed.

JEON FUCKING JUNGKOOK.

"A hostage?" The man's eyes lit up at that, "Drop away your gun then...."

You did what he said. Hurry the fuck up. "Here......... it's gone!" You waved your hands in the air.

Kyumin started to laugh and started walking toward you but .............. Jungkook seemed to get the emergency handle that allows the side windows to open in case fire happened.

Everything happened in a second, Jungkook jumped toward the man from behind knocking him down. Kyumin was taken aback and didn't have a moment to think before he was on the ground, his both hands grabbed tightly by the firefighter. "You are one crazy bastard aren't you Patrick," Jungkook smirked.

"G-get of me............ GET OFF ME," Kyumin struggled but Jungkook was stronger.

Your feet suddenly felt weak, heart beating so fast as if all the trying to not lose your cool earlier was attacking you now. But it was a relief.

You smiled at Jungkook.

You walked toward them, "Give me my kinky objects!" You told Jungkook who chuckled while holding the man in place.

Jungkook used his foot to press on the man's hand while he takes the handcuffs from his pocket and handing it to you.

You bent down. "Lee Kyumin, You are under arrest for kidnapping, murder, assaulting a police officer, threatening the lives of many people, and obstruction of justice..... You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to an attorney and if you cannot afford an attorney one will be appointed for you. If you waive these rights and talk to us, anything you say may be used against you in court. Do you understand these rights?" You glared at him and handcuffed his right hand, Jungkook moved slowly to let you handcuff the other but the man was faster to use his leg to push Jungkook on the stomach, the sudden action made you flinch for a half-second but that was one of the hell time.

Kyumin somehow took a hold of the gun that fell from his hand earlier, you watched in horror as the man pointed the gun at Jungkook who wasn't in a position where he can react right away.

"SON OF A BITCH." You shouted and jumped toward him.

BANG.

"Y/N."

A sound of a gunshot. then Jungkook's shouting then people around screaming.

"SPD DROP THE GUN." A new familiar voice shouted, "DROP THE FUCKING GUN."

"Y/N? Y/N ARE YOU OKAY?" Jungkook was next to you now.

"SHIT LET ME GO ............ YOU FUCKERS I WILL KILL EVERYONE."

"Officer Kang, take him away....." Taehyung said then run toward where you and Jungkook were. "Jungkook? are you okay? Tell me..... did you get hu-"

"Fucking shut up Hyung, get an ambulance ...... CAN'T YOU SEE WHO'S HURT HERE DAMN IT." Jungkook shouted.

"Don't fucking shout, my ears hurt." You whined at the man and tried to stand up, finally feeling the burning pain in your arm. You looked at it to see a hole in your leather jacket, fresh red blood coming from it. "S-shit."

"Keep pressure on the wound" Jungkook suddenly stood up then carried you in his arms, bridal style, "I thought you're smart." He took a deep breath before walking through everyone toward the elevator. You used your other hand to press on the wound feeling the burn getting worst. You sighed.

"Jungkook wait..." Taehyung runs following you. "Clear the way, prepare the paramedics. Detective Kim is shot in the arm..... we're coming down...... send more officer to help the people out." The man said through his radio as the three of you entered the elevator.

"What a-about Sora? d-did you find her?" You asked him, you swore you saw his eyes roll. The fuck........ I am shot, show some respect.

"She's fine." He said.

A sigh of relief came out from your mouth, finally allowing yourself to lean on Jungkook's chest. He'll probably tease you about it later but fuck it I need a rest.

"What's wrong with your department?" Jungkook suddenly tightened his jaw, his anger getting worst each minute passing and each hard breath he felt you taking. "Sending her unarmed for this kind of cases with one young officer?"

"She was the one insisting."

The elevator opened and Jungkook was first to walk out, "If I wasn't holding her, I'd fucking punch you...." 

I don't feel good.

"Detective Kim,"

Who's speaking

Who's heartbeat is this

'Aha? Don't you remember how you leant on the handsome firefighter just now?' She told you with a teasing tone.

Shut up, can't you see I am in pain? of course, I will lean on something.

'He isn't some-thing, he is some-one .......... I thought you were better Alone? '

I am in pai-

'You were in pain countless of times Y/N, yet you refused everyone's help...... admit it, you want to lean on him.'

Shut up.

 S-shut up.

"Detective Kim, can you hear me?"

Someone's calling me? 

"S-shut up." You whined, whoever is calling you need to shut up already, You know you were shot in the arm, you know it's not life-threatening but can't Detective Kim have a rest......... She's been up since 3 AM.

"Open your eyes, Holmes!" 

How can you not after recognizing the voice

"What.....w-what do you want?" You opened your eyes for them to meet very concerned moonless black eyes. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Terrible!" you tried to take a deep breath but it hurts, Jungkook noticed that and his heart tightened. "Where am I ?" You managed to ask.

"On the way to the hospital." He answered, only then you realized you were lying inside an ambulance. I didn't even feel it.... was I out? "We'll be there in five minutes, don't worry, the gunshot doesn't seem to hurt any nerve. You'll be fine." He continued explaining. So, it's just grazed my skin? that's a relief.

But God damn it hurts so bad.

"Detective Kim," you heard another voice calling, "Are you alright? I am sorry I couldn't protect you...." 

"The hell you crying for?" You rolled your eyes at Mingyu who was sitting next to Jungkook whipping his tears as if he was in your funeral. "Was someone hurt?"

He shook his head real quick, "Min Sora was found under the man's PC cafe. They said it was secure with high security but Detective Taehyung managed to deactivate it." He said, "The girl is at the police station for more statements, but ....... unfortunately we've confirmed Choi Sarang's death."

You bite your lips, what were you expecting? Well, every time you are sure of someone's death you still have that slight hope that you are wrong.... but...... this is reality.

"Sora was untied and in a good shape, right?" You asked.

Mingyu nodded, "She was just locked basement."

"I knew it that sick bastard." you sighed.

"Anyway, what's with the Patrick and Holmes thing?" Jungkook suddenly asked, probably to change the subject. "He sounded insane for a second."

You looked at him, "Aha... You left your phone at the place before you suddenly become Spiderman?" You smiled, noticing the air-pod on his right ear. 

He nodded, smirking. "The man was so focused on you that he didn't realize I could walk out of the window, I couldn't find a better solution considering the child's play gun the police gave you." He rolled his eyes annoyed.

He was mad.

He is a firefighter, he sees people in danger countless times of the day. He puts himself in danger to save those in need the same amount. He saw the dead, people dying, and injured. A gunshot was the most popular . The whole incident wasn't new to him, but ......... If a bullet hole is a bullet hole when it is in a stranger's head or heart, It's the worst-case when someone you care about is threatened with the same.

He was angry.

At himself first of all. 

If he was a half-second faster to move, you wouldn't be lying inside an ambulance.

At his friend second of all.

His fist was ready to punch the hell out of him the minute he sees him next. For so many reasons.

And at the people, you work with third of all.

How can they send you unarmed to investigated such a serious case? 

What if she didn't call me? What if she went alone

You turned to the paramedic who was treating you, "Do you know when I can possibly be discharged?" 

Jungkook rolled his eyes at that. 

"I won't know unless a doctor takes a look....... but, The wound isn't that life-threatening. It won't be long." The man answered you.

"Why would you care? can't you just forget about work for a second?" Jungkook crossed his arms over his chest and sighed.

"Yes, Detective Kim....... I will take care of everything and report back to you. You don't have to worry."

"Kyumin won't talk to anyone unless I go there, he'll request my presence." You looked at the ceiling of the vehicle, "When he mentioned Patrick and Christine I knew he wasn't in his right mind, so I pretended to be a Holmes, the only person who can show him that he lost."

"Patrick and Christine?" Mingyu asked.

"Patrick and Christine Redfern were two fictional characters from Agatha Christie's novel, 'Evil under the sun'." You spoke, ignoring the burning pain coming from your arm. Fucking hurry and put on some painkiller, I hate being in pain in front of people. "They a-are murderous couples who committed many crimes against women back in the 1800s. In the book, Patrick was very smart that the police never found any evidence to convict him."

"Holly ........ He was pretending to be that guy?" Jungkook was full ears listening to you. He listened to the whole conversation you had with the man through his airpod, his idea when he left his phone there to record and keep an ear of what's going on inside while he climbed the window in case something happened. He was surprised how you carried the conversation with Kyumin calmly pointing a fake gun yet your voice never hesitated or made the man feel your fear. Jungkook knew you were scared, not for more for yourself but to the families and people who were there, the ones Jungkook had barely managed to ask them to stay calm and quiet. 

"I believe he was imagining Sarang as Christine that's why he let her write a letter and was being nice. The same thing with Sora otherwise you'd find her tied." You sighed, taking a deep breath. "He was totally into the character that he trembled when I mentioned Holmes." You smirked remembering the countless times you read Sherlock Holmes's novel by Conan Doyle after people mentioning the name every time they meet you, saying you were the closest to be called the real-life Sherlock. Agatha Christie's crime novels were also great but never compared to Doyle's. "If Agatha Christie was the Queen of Crime, Conan Doyle was the Emperor. While she focused on the murder and the murderer, he focused on a certain detective that became famous for his prowess at using logic and astute observation to solve any case. There was a debate about who'd win if their characters met in one book....... Christie's smart murderers or The Sherlock Holmes? ...... No one knows of course, ............But, if you'd ask me and every fan of crime novels.....Sherlock would be the answer.."

"Wow...." Mingyu nodded, "So you used his messed up mind against him?"

"Kind of, he was obviously so attached to Patrick, there's no chance he'd never heard to the greatest detective. " You sighed, feeling the ambulance coming to a stop.

Mingyu and Jungkook were the first ones to go out then you were taken.

.

You woke up, not knowing quite where for a second. You opened your eyes to a blinding white light, and squeezed them shut directly again, not used to the brightness.

Your eyes fluttered open again slowly, trying to avoid the bright light. When your eyes finally adjusted to the light, you carefully sat up, groaning at the pain in your left arm that was covered perfectly with bandages, your elbow secured over your chest so you won't move the arm a lot.

You looked around the empty treatment room. 

"Guess the case is closed," You sighed to yourself as a small smile formed itself on your face.

Just then, the door opened and a woman who looked to be in her thirties entered the room.

"Ah, you're awake. You were out for quite a while, Miss", she greeted you and walked to check something besides your bed. When you opened your eyes, you could tell that you slept a lot. You were in a much-needed rest and the painkillers probably helped you sleep.

"For how long I was asleep?" You asked her.

"Almost a day." 

"A whole day?" your eyes widened. "Damn.."

The nurse laughed, "There's an officer outside for you, should I let him in?"

An officer

"When can I go home?"

"Right now in fact." she answered, "The doctor already signed your discharge papers, we'll give you painkillers and some vitamins to help the wound recover and it will be better if you do not move your arm a lot....." She continued.

You nodded, "Alright then, can I have my clothes?" 

.

To Be Continued .... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 8.8K 42
"Ah, Jin-Hyung why does that new rapper look a lot like you?" - Namjoon "Who looks like me? Nobody could look this perfect" - Seokjin Namjoon shook...
260K 12.3K 72
"Jungkook : I told you I will make you feel how hell look like" "YN : Well congratulations Mr jeon jungkook I feel there's no difference between hell...
141K 6K 36
ɴᴏɴ-ᴄᴏɴꜱᴇɴꜱᴜᴀʟ ꜱᴍᴜᴛ - ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ "I-I hate you" Her voice was loathed with hatred and her eyes showed the raging fire in it Hearing her raging voic...
453K 14.5K 22
"Getting turned on, noona?" He asked coyly. "I'm too sexy, right?" He winked at you, causing you to scoff. "I know I'm handsome, you don't have to s...