The It Factor

XxSwimmer_ChickxX द्वारा

The It Factor is a popular TV show that features young talent in their quest to become a star. When Serenity... अधिक

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 38

390 18 4
XxSwimmer_ChickxX द्वारा

This was it, the moment we had been waiting for. I was shaking like a wet dog. We were moments away from finding out who our mentor would be, and I was freaking out.

Yes, boot camp was over, an we had made it though. Hope was flying down this weekend to wish us luck, but right now we had a privet meeting with out mentor. We hadn't been told who it was.

"I'm sure you're glad to see me," Mia smirked, walking in the room. "I'm your mentor." I gulped, we got the one person I didn't want. Just my luck, right? But I had to take what I could get, whether I liked it or not.

"Hello," I smiled, reaching my hand out. She looked at it, scoffed, and then sat down on the other side of the conference table. Rude! Kyle grabbed my hand under the table, attempting to calm me down.

"Now, first things first." She roughly slammed a magazine in front of me and Kyle, pointing to the top left corner. There was a small picture of Kyle kissing me on the cheek, and in little letters said, 'Could Romance be Brewing Between Silent City Members, Serenity Davis and Kyle Jones?' "Make no mistake, you're not quite famous, but people are always looking for a good story, and this happens to be one."

I was shocked. My picture was on a magazine cover. It was small, but it was there, and somewhere in the magazine there was an article to go with it.

"You want publicity, but not necessarily of this kind," Mia explained, finally sitting down. I was confused.

"What's wrong with it?" Kyle asked, curious. She laughed, shaking her head.

"Next, there's going to be a rumor that she's pregnant. Plus, should I point out in the papers you signed, agreeing to the shows rules, it says you can not date another contestant."

Wait, what?!

"Obviously you didn't read the papers," Mia was getting way to much pleasure out of this. She knew she had caught us, she knew we were backed into a corner.

"This is our personal life and none of your business," I snapped. I didn't mean to, but Mia had a way of pissing me off. Her face slowly turned red, like she was choking on a small gum ball. After that, we had all the good sense to remain silent.

"Those are the rules," She gritted out, "If not followed, you are removable from the show."

"Wait," Scott exclaimed, jumping forward in his chair. "Are you saying Ren and Kyle have to break up, or were off the show."

"Precisely," She smiled evilly, looking directly at me. I wanted to break her neck. Never in my whole life had I been so mad. She was doing this to torture me, I was sure of it.

"But-" She cut Tristan off, slamming her hand in the table in anger.

"There are no buts, I'm simply telling you what you need to do to stay in this competition. Do I make myself clear?"

I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from laughing. In pretty sure a mentor was not supposed treat their contestants like this.

"Now, for this first official live show, I want you to sing Hey Jude by The Beetles." Her choice caught all of us off guard, that wasn't really our style of music. "Rehearsals start day after tomorrow, seeing as you are moving into the contestant house tomorrow. Now, could you boys leave the room, I'd like to talk with Serenity alone."

Obviously, she wasn't giving us any room to state out opinion. I was pretty scared of her, because she could get rid of us with a snap of her fingers. The boys gave me a weary look. I nodded at them, and slowly they left the room.

"Mia, I-"

"Look, it's not secret that I don't like you," She said bluntly, staring me down. "But, as much as I hate to admit it, you're talented."  For a moment, I blinked, speechless.  Had I heard her right, or was I starting to hallucinate.

"Is that a complement?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. With Mia, you couldn't make any assumptions. She would say one thing, and mean the complete opposite.

She shrugged, "Take what you want from it, I was merely stating the facts.  You're talented, and I think those boys are holding you back."

"Wait, what?" I deadpanned, knowing I had heard her wrong this time.  Was she insulting my boys?  My boys?  Are we thinking of the same boys here?  Because I know she wouldn't say something bad about my boys.  They were the only reason I was here, they had been my rocks through everything.  There was no way someone could insult them.

"You heard me," She said exasperatedly, rolling her eyes like I was an ignorant child. "I think you could do so much better as a solo act." And all of a sudden, she slapped a tablet down in front of me. "Look at these comments."

Hesitantly, I took the tablet in my hand.  It was on a YouTube page, a video of our first audition.  Scrolling down, I started to read some of the comments.

I love Serenity!

The girls crazy talented!

I wish she was a solo act, she could be so much better.

Those boys suck, I bet the girl is the only reason they're still in the competition.

"I'm not looking at any more," I stated, sliding the tablet back to her.  The terrible things people can say about others!  "They're all lying."

"Maybe, but the people want what they want.  It's one of my jobs to make sure this show gets good ratings, and I think-"

"Just wait!" I snapped, clinching my fists.  Where was she going with this?  Because if she was going where I thought she was, I was about to get seriously pissed. "I thought your job was to mentor me and my band, not tell me that my friends suck at singing!"

"I didin't say that, the public did," But by the smirk on her face, I could tell she was lying and enjoying it.  In fact, I wouldn't put it passed her to post all those rude comments herself.  "But now that we're on the subject-"

"I'm not going to sit here and listen to your insults," I shouted, standing up abruptly.  The chair wiggled dangerously, threatening to fall over. "It's to late anyway, I'm in this competition with Silent City, and we can't change that now."  And with that, I stormed over to the door, ready to make my big exit.  Just as I was about to slam the door, however, Mia's shrill, annoying voice trailed after me.

"I'm in charge, Serenity, you'd be surprised what I can do.  In fact, I might be starting a new experiment soon."

Her words made me shiver.  A new rush of anger rushed through me, making me shake.  That woman was so infuriating!  She was horrible, cruel, and just plain evil.  She was the devil.  I hated her more the anyone else I knew.

Still shaking and furious, I stormed downstairs, trying not to punch a wall.  My face was probably red and splotchy, which wasn't attractive at all, but I didn't care.  The camera's could catch me like this if they wanted, it didn't matter anyway.  If Mia was going to separate me from the band, I was going to drop out anyway.

The boys were waiting for me right downstairs, and started freaking out the second I stepped out of the elevator.

"What happened?"

"What did the bitch want?"

"What's wrong?"

"Are you okay?"

I shook my head and threw myself into Kyle's arm.  He gripped me tight and rubbed my back, probably confused.  He didn't ask though, he just held me tight and whispered calming words into my ears.  After a minute, the rest of the boys gathered around us, squeezing me in a tight group hug.

"Okay guys, I can't breathe," I finally said, pulling back from the embrace.  They let go reluctantly and looked at me curiously.  I took a deep breath, and prepared to tell them the whole story. "She basically said I'm talented and be on my own."

"What?!" Kyle exclaimed, his eyes widening, "No, no way, she can't do that!"  The rest of the boys were yelling in agreement.

I shook my head, "She made it quite clear she can." A tense silence fell across us, so tense I felt like screaming.  Why did Mia hate me so much?  What in the world did I do?

"We'll just tell her no then," Andrew whispered, looking at me hopefully, "We'll tell her you don't want to." I bit my lip, my stomach churning. 

"I don't think I have a choice."

A/N: I'm so done with writers block!  It's so frustrating!  I just...UGH!  Okay, bye, hope you liked it even though it sucked majorly.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

My baby girl sugarmy187 द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

515K 14.8K 53
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
မခွဲအတူ yoonnay177 द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

207K 10K 56
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
53M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
16.3M 545K 35
Sinful Flash Sale: Unlock the entire story for 80% OFF or each part for just for 1 Coin Only! Valid only for this weekend, till June 23. Down-on-her...