Gut Feelings (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey! This is my first story so I know it's not that great! I don't own any of the tangled series character! ... More

Eyes Watching
Sapphire
Adventurine
Spirit Guide
Old Memories
Witch Hunt
Raccoon Trouble
Meadow Dance
Loving Eyes
Comfortable Silence
Wand Search
Unexpected Visitors
Conflicting Feelings
Fake Shop
First Customer
Phony Scientist
Pushed
Constant Interruptions
Not That Handsome
Nose Bleeds
Familiar Locket
Red Mist
Legends
Powers
Familiar Faces
Zodiacs
Comfy
Bruising
Dirty Cheater
Can it, Dwayne
New Friend
Great Moms
Constellation Quiz
Protect Her
Ride home
Protection
Letters
Blizzard
Hot Chocolate
Pillows
Shivers
Art Class
Portals
Strange Liquid
Secrets
Graphtyc
Masked Men
Daddy Daughter Talk
Finally Back
Tunnels
The Flower
Stirring Patterns
Distraction
Walking a Tightrope
Automaton Attack
All My Fault
Ready as I'll Ever Be
Flickering
Invitation
You Can Count on Me
Cupcakes
Go Big or Go Home
Quiet Night
I Do Adore
Money Solution
Spiders
Missing
Secret Plans
Wedding Crashers
The Weasel Returns
Bees
The Collector
Goodwill Event
The Gopher Grab
Late Night Talks
The Package
Meeting Fate
Surprise
Entering the Forest
Story Time
Taking a Chance
Manipulation
Waiting
Cursed Teapot
The View From Up Here
Egg Thief
Vigor the Visionary
Wheel of Fortune
Blood of the Coven
The Spire and the Box
Friends on the Other Side
To the Spire
Offerings and Scroll Pieces
Bubblegum
Shipwrecked
It's Tough to be a God
Fire Trouble
The Beginning of a Love Story
Hookfoot's Magical Date
Little Pumpkin
According to Plan
Sadness Brings Happiness
Sea Shanties
Avast Ye
Screams
Lazy Morning
Cleansing and Counter Curses
Moose Teeth
The Eye of Pincosta
The Big Match
Wand Beats Karate
Mixing Incantations
The Great Tree Attack
Wild Dance Off
Uncomfortable Atmosphere
Day One
Everything Stays
A Place to Stay
Mirror Image
Spinning Top
Shadow
Puppies
Where Are They?
Obvious
With You By My Side
Would He?
Unfinished Business
Sequel???
Just A Hunch

Livin' the Dream

641 15 8
By boxxieofbox

I was sitting in a tree above Varian who had his nose in his journal. He was making blueprints for who knows what. His full focus was on what he was making. Cassandra was near us getting ready to shoot an apple off of a sleeping Hookfoot's head. Eugene walked by taking the apple from Hookfoot's head. I swung my legs back and forth from the tree. My blue dress flowed around my thoughts and my black boots went up my legs.

"Aha! Ah, thank you." Eugene said as he took the apple waking up Hookfoot. "Hey. That's our last apple." Cassandra said glaring at him. "Then why are you using it for target practice?" "I use these breaks to stay sharp." Cassandra said placing her hands on her hips. "Good. Stay shark with your own apples." Eugene said getting ready to take a bite out of the red fruit. "I'm sorry, but shouldn't the concern here be that someone was about to shoot an apple off my head?!" Hookfoot yelled and I stifled a laugh as I watched Lance take the apple.

"Lance, that's our last apple!" Eugene said as Lance dusted the apple off on his shirt. "Then someone got here just in time." Lance was about to eat the apple when Maximus shoved him aside and caught the apple in his mouth. "Apple usurper!" Lance yelled before jumping onto Max's back and getting thrown off just as quickly as he jumped on. "Oh come on!" Lance said holding onto the apple for dear life. "I want my apple back!" Eugene yelled heading towards the fight. Cassandra went for the apple as well and I laughed at them.

Max was holding the apple away from them by using his tongue and I watched as Ruddiger caught sight of the apple. "Don't think just because you got horse slobber all over it, I'm not gonna eat it. It's about principle now, horsey!" Eugene said and I watched as Ruddiger stood on the edge of a branch and smirked taking the apple for himself. Ruddiger started to run off with it making the group follow him. "Science genius! Make your rabid animal give me the apple!" Eugene said and Varian didn't even bother to look up from what he was working on.

"Oh. No. Ruddiger. Stop." Varian said incredibly monotone not really caring about what mischief his raccoon had caused. Ruddiger ended up coming to the tree I was in and ran across my lap with the apple in his hand. He ran down the tree and around Varian sitting innocently in his lap. Varian finally away from his work to see the others glaring at Ruddiger. He noticed that Ruddiger had the apple. He rolled his eyes before holding the apple up and throwing it making the others chase after it. I laughed jumped down from my spot in the tree. I sat down next to Varian and looked at what he was working on.

"Sapphires?" I asked and he paid me no mind. I rolled my eyes and placed a soft kiss to his cheek. I watched as his cheeks dusted with a soft pink before looking at me with big round blue eyes. "Yes, milady?" He asked and I giggled. "Nothing. I just wanted to know what you were working on." I asked with a smile and he shrugged his shoulders before closing the journal. "I-it's nothing really. It's not important." He said rubbing the back of his neck and I tilted my head to the side. "Not important? Sapphires everything you do is important to me!" He rolled his eyes with a smile before showing me what he was working on. I didn't really understand what it was, but I can ask later.

"Great news everybody! We are going to see Hookhand in concert!" Rapunzel told all of us. Max was holding Eugene up by his mouth and Cass was holding Lance in a loose choke hold. "Not only will seeing some real live entertainment give us a chance to unwind and get our mind off the road..." Rapunzel said and Max dropped Eugene onto the ground. "And each other. It will be a Hook Brother's reunion!" Rapunzel said hugging Hookfoot. "Wait Hookfoot has a brother?" I asked and Varian nodded. "Yeah he used to be wanted, but then he became a pianist once Rapunzel returned." He said and I nodded somewhat understanding. "Wow. Thanks, Princess. Seeing my big bro perform sounds delightful." Hookfoot said rather sarcastically. "Hmm...oh, crackers! This concert's tomorroe and it's all the way in West Ipsil, that's at least three days on foot. We'll never make it on time. Oh well. What's for dinner?" Hookfoot said trying to get away from Rapunzel.

"Don't worry Hookfoot. I already have it all figured out. We have plenty of time. All we have to go is leave now, not stop to eat or drink, and walk twice as fast as we normally do. Oh, and no sleeping." Rapunzel said and we all groaned. "Come on guys! We've a show to catch!" Rapunzel said and rested my head on Varian's shoulder. "How fast do you think we can make another caravan?" I asked and he sighed. "With all of the extra stuff everyone wants, I'd say about a week." He said and I groaned.

When we arrived, Rapunzel rushed in. "There he is!" She exclaimed and fireworks went off at the edge of the stage. The crowd was cheering and who I assume was Hookhand turned to the audience. "It's so good to be back! Goodnight everybody!" He yelled to the crowd and the rest of the group came in panting. "Let's go say hi!" Rapunzel said before storming out just as fast as she ran in.

We walked around an extravagant and large carriage that was lined with weapons shaped like music notes. "That was incredible!" Rapunzel said practically beaming. "We-I mean, we only got to hear two notes." Eugene said and Rapunzel spun around. "And they were incredible!" She knocked on the door and turned to Hookfoot. "Hookfoot, you must be so proud of your brother." She said knocking once more. I glanced over at Hookfoot who didn't seem excited to see his brother. "Foot? Are you okay?" Rapunzel asked softly. "Okay? Yeah, I'm better than okay. I'm thrilled. Just, uh, tired from all the walking. I got, uh, walk lag!" He said and I stared at him before whispering up into Varian's ear. "He's lying." Varian turned down to my ear. "Big time."

"Alright, alright! Who's knocking?!" A much larger man what what I had seen from afar earlier busted through the carriage door. I quickly moved behind Varian. "Hey, Rapunzel!" The man yelled with a large smile on his face. "Hookhand!" Rapunzel exclaimed. "I can't believe you guys came all this way just go see my show." Hookhand said hugging Rapunzel. "Of course. We wouldn't miss it!" Rapunzel said pulling away and Eugene approached him.

"Hey, Hooky. I gotta admit, I kinda sorta missed seeing you around Corona." Eugene said looking away from Hookhand. "Oh yeah?" Hookhand said before growling and showing Eugene a smirk. "How boutta shake?" He asked holding up his hook hand. "Oh! I forgot. That's right, you hate me, and you have a really sharp hook hand. So, I'll just wave, from over here." Eugene said and Rapunzel directed the mans attention towards Varian and I.

"Hookhand, these are our friends, Varian and (Y/n)." Rapunzel said with a smile. "I-it's nice to meet you sir." Varian said waving and I nodded. "Varian's an alchemist and (Y/n) is a witch." Rapunzel said and Hookhand nodded before turning his full attention to me. "So, you can curse people, right?" He asked with a smirk and I held onto Varian's shirt nodding. "We'll talk later." He said and I nodded once more.

I pulled Varian with me away from him revealing Hookfoot. "Wait a sec. Razzle Dazzle, is that you?" Hookhand said and Varian and I turned towards each other. "Razzle Dazzle?" "Bring it in little bro." Hookhand said pulling Hookfoot into a big hug. "You know, it still hurts when you use the hook." Hookfoot said pulling away. "You still dazzlin' everybody with that silly dancin'?" Hookhand said and my eyes widened. "Woah, hold on a second. Dancing?" Rapunzel asked. "Hookfoot, you can dance?" I asked softly and coming out from behind Varian. "No." Hookfoot said turning away. "Ha! Yeah, right." Hookhand said giving Hookfoot a noogie.

"Dancing was this guy's dream. You believe that?" Hookhand said and Rapunzel was beaming. "Seriously?! How did I not know this?" "Alright. Actually, dancing was my dream. But not anymore." Hookfoot said pulling away once more from Hookhand. "How come?" Varian tried to ask. "Probably for the best, right? Now, who wants a tour of my new digs?" Hookhand said before walking inside the large carriage.

We went inside and Eugene told Hookhand how we were following the black rock trial. Turns out we were heading in the same direction. Hookhand told us that he would give us a ride until we made it to his next destination.

"We're headed to a very important event. It's a glamorous destination wedding for my patron. He's a king, and he makes sure I get everything I need, so everything's gotta be perfect." Hookhand explained and Varian and I sat together in a large chair. We were a little squished, but we didn't mind. "It's doesn't get more perfect than this." Lance said and his and Shorty's glasses clinked when they touched. From where we were, we heard Hookfoot mumbling under his breath. Varian and I looked at each other and shrugged.

"May I?" Hookhand said and he pushed in Cassandra's chair. We watched as he wiped Pascal and Ruddiger's faces with a cloth, and he made his way to Sunny who was sitting in a small window sill. Sunny was about to fall off the window sill in his sleep and Hookhand gently moved him so he wouldn't. Hookhand picked up a small tray that had cupcakes on it and offered them to Varian and I. We each took one and Varian ate his practically whole while I actually took the time to chew mine.

"Gotta hand it to ya, big bro, this sure is a class joint ya got here." Hookfoot said to his brother. Yup. Cause to be the very best, one must have the very best. And the best is what you get when you're livin the dream." Hookhand said before shoving a cupcake into Hookfoot's mouth. "Of course, we ain't all cut out for greatness. Are we, Razzle Dazzle?" Hookhand said holding a very sharp axe up to Hookfoot. Varian and I glance between each other and I leaned over to his ear. "I thought they were brothers." I whispered to him. "They are." He said Hookhand threw the axe to a man with an accordion.

"I had a dream. My dream came true. Yes, I got what I deserve and so did you." Hookhand said singing while he played the piano. He pulled out an entire puppet theater and started singing once more. "I'm rich and famous and completely respected. And I'm livin the dream!" The puppet of Hookhand laid on a purple couch with his hook on his head. "My digs are snazzy and my agents connected. And I'm livin the dream!" The puppet was now playing the piano and I glanced over to Hookfoot to see him looking extremely angry. "I'm making millions playing national tours. Decked in the latest from my head to my drawers. Guess you could say my life is better than yours! Brother! I'm livin the dream." Hookfoot crossed his arms and rolled his eyes at the puppet of himself. Hookhand's puppet was completely dressed up while Hookfoot's made him look dumb.

"The ladies love me and the critics adore me. Yea, I'm livin the dream!" Two female puppets surrounded Hookhand and Hookfoot was pushed to the side. "I hit a pub, they roll the carpet out for me cause I'm livin the dream." A pub that looked similar to the snuggly duckling rolled out a red carpet to the puppet. "My fans surround me, waving autograph books." The Hookhand puppet signed autographs with a giant feather and threw it at the Hookfoot puppet making him fall. "People who are not of my stylish good looks, while I endorse with my signature hooks." The puppet opened two doors revealing multiple hooks. The Hookfoot puppet picked one up. "Don't touch. Those are diamonds for artistes only!" Hookhand said and I saw Hookfoot glare at the plethora of hooks. "Face it, I'm livin the dream!"

"Your dreams were lame, stupid, poor dreams. But hey, we don't all get to be a talent like me!" Hookhand sang and I crossed my arms over my chest. 'I thought family was supposed to be supportive of each other. Especially siblings!' I thought to myself.

"Everybody!" Hookhand yelled and the puppet pulled Pascal onto the puppet stage. "This former low life is enjoying the high life. And I'm livin the dream." "Livin the dream!" The puppets doing a kick line sang out. "Too bad that your life ain't as awesome as my life. You know what I mean?" The Hookfoot puppet broke and it fell to the side. "He's livin the dream." Pascal went over to the puppet and picked up its broken leg. "Look what I got from simply paying my dues. The game, the fortune, the designer tattoos!" Hookhand said flexing his arm revealing a tattoo of himself and pointed at Hookfoot. "I'd bet you'd love to spend on day in my...uh...shoes. Then your career's out of steam." Hookhand said flicking the Hookfoot puppet and I rolled my eyes. "Me though, I'm livin the dream!" Hookhand finished and I looked over at Varian who looked pretty shocked from everything Hookhand said to Hookfoot.

Hookhand left the carriage and Rapunzel walked over to Hookfoot. "I can't believe he treats you like that." Rapunzel said and Varian pulled me over to them. There was a small creak and Eugene appeared attached to a hook on a door. "I can." He said and Hookfoot helped him off the hook. "I hate to say it, but Hookhand is a jerk." Varian said and I nodded. "Agreed." I said crossing my arms over my chest. "We need a better strategy." Rapunzel said and mine and Eugene's faces lit up.

"Ooh I got it!" Eugene said and I rubbed my hands together. "Revenge!" "This is why you are one of my favorites, kiddo. I'm talking about shock and awe!" Eugene said fake punching forwards. "Eugene!" Rapunzel said crossing her arms. "Sorry. What are we, barbarians?" Eugene said trying to cover up his revenge scheme. "Oh! I could make a sour jar, o-or hex him!" I said smirking thinking about all the ways to get back at Hookhand. "(Y/n)!" Rapunzel said with her arms crossed. "Come on! It would be easy! There is no protection around this place! It could take immediate affect! It's not like I don't have the ingredients for it either!" I said practically begging Rapunzel. She gave me a stern look and I groaned crossing my arms. "How would you even curse him?" Varian asked and I smirked. "That's for me to know and everyone to find out later."

"No revenge." Rapunzel said looked at Eugene and I before looking up at Hookfoot. "It's time to be direct. You need to tell Hookhand how you really feel." Rapunzel said and Hookhand burst through the door. "We're here! Everybody out!" Rapunzel turned back to Hookfoot with the same stern look she gave me earlier. "It's now or never. What's it gonna be?" Rapunzel asked and Eugene and I both leaned towards Hookfoot. "Go for revenge." Eugene said and I giggled. "Sweet, savory revenge." I whispered to him. "Shh both of you." Hookfoot pulled up his belt and approached Hookhand.

"Hey, big brother, I got a bone to pick with you. I never liked that nickname Razzle Dazzle. And another thing. I don't like the way you made fun of my talents and interests growin up. And you know what else? I demand an apology!" Hookfoot said and Varian and I silently cheered for him in the background. Hookhand scoffed and didn't even bother looking away from himself in the mirror. "Apologize, to you? Get over it, Razzle Dazzle. It's ancient history." Hookfoot was left speechless and he stormed out of the carriage. Hookhand simply rolled his eyes. "If he wants to act like a baby let him. I got a show to do and my patron does not like to be kept waiting. He can be a real jerk." Hookhand said and Eugene was a little surprised. "How big of a jerk do you have to be for Hookhand to call you a jerk?" Eugene asked and we soon made our way outside.

"You are three minutes late, you impunctual, lumpy faced melody pirate!" The most ridiculous looking king said and Hookhand was bowed down to him. "Ohh...him." Eugene said and Rapunzel had an eyebrow raised at the so called king. "Everything must be perfect for Trevor Jr.'s destination wedding." The king said looking away from Hookhand only to get right back in his face again. "Everything!" I stared at him for a few more moments. "I have to admit...king Fredrick is a lot more intimidating that this man will ever be." I said and Varian nodded. "Agreed." "I have had it with bullies." Rapunzel said and we all turned towards her.

"Now, look, I know you're upset, Blondie. But this is a workplace dispute between Hookhand and his employer, and you're already on your way to interfere, that's fantastic." Eugene said as Rapunzel already made her way over. "At least you tried, Eugene." Varian said and I nodded while Eugene facepalmed.

"King Trevor, I don't believe we've met." Rapunzel said getting right into his face. "Who do we have here? Let's see. Impossibly long golden locks, a green shoulder slug. Princess Rapunzel, I presume? Oh. And your felonious boyfriend." King Trevor said before yelling towards Eugene. "You're still wanted in Equis, you know." Eugene only winked and clicked his tongue and I giggled. "But I shall spare your neck the noose, for it was your thievery what led Trevor Jr. into the flippers of his true love, Lucille." King Trevor said gesturing to two seals kissing.

"Those two seals are getting married? This is a deal wedding?!" Rapunzel said and I shook Varian's arm. "Sapphs, we're at a seal wedding!" I said jumping slightly and Varian rolled his eyes slightly with a soft smile. "Really?!" He said trying to match my enthusiasm. "They're going to make adorable seal babies!" I said getting excited and Varian laughed. "Most adorable thing ever!" Rapunzel said about to run off before backing up to Trevor once more. "This is not over." She said before running over to the seals. "Congrats, you two."

"Listen well, buffoon." Trevor said and I turned back to Hookhand. "This is the most important performance of your measly career, do you understand me? When the ceremony has ended, I will gift the happy couple with a dance, representing the glory of their love. For as you know, I'm regarded as a world-class dancer." Trevor said before revealing shoes covered in jewels making me squint my eyes at them. "Should one foul note find its way into my Trevor Jr.'s ear flaps, it is back to the Stinky Weasel with you. Is that clear? Not one foul note!" Trevor yelled and I rolled my eyes. "This is going to be a long day." Varian said and I nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 193 10
Okay, so this is going to be a story instead of the oneshots that I was doing since it turned out to be so long, so yea, here's the book!! Hope you e...
11.8K 285 10
Rapunzel, Eugene and Cassandra must work together to save Varian, an alchemist and former friend gone mad, who was kidnapped by a rogue guard, and wi...
26.7K 982 38
"Sometimes, when there are no given steps, you need to take the first ones." ~-~ Years have passed since Varian first met Cassandra. Life is going ok...
611 36 6
It was always just [Name] and Varian against the world. Best friends until the end of the lines. Despite the many disasters that come through their w...