Masked Men

A soft smirk rolled across my lips as the orange mist crept to my forearms. I was about to attack when Cass flew right into me. Cass' body shoved me back and I hit the back of my head on one of Varian's desks. "Ow..." I said softly and rubbed the back of my head. Something fell into my lap and I picked it up. I picked it up by the chain and stared at the protection pendant I gave Varian. "H-He's not wearing it?" My mind was running a mile a minute. 'Why isn't he wearing it? How long has he not worn it? Wait...the last time I saw him. Something was wrong. He wasn't himself! What's going on with Sapphires?!' I thought to myself as I stared at the pendant.

"(Y/n)! Cass! Oh you just crossed a line, bub!" Eugene yelled breaking me from my train of thought. Eugene charged towards the man only to be thrown into Varian's desk along with owl. Eugene sat up and he was covered with various liquids. "Oh boy, that was...that was a mistake." I shoved the pendant into my pocket. 'I'll deal with Varian later.' I stood up to face the man, the back of my head pounding from the amber. "Well that's rather rude. No introduction or anything." I said glaring at him.

I felt my magic cover my hands and I glanced down. 'Red?!' The mist was red and it was consuming my body at an alarming rate. 'Remember dearie, magic comes from mind and soul.' The small voice in the back of my head rang. I quickly shook my hands and the mist disappeared. "Great without magic I'm practically useless." I said under my breath while staring at my hands.

"Hand it over now!" The man said. I was about to interfere when Pascal jumped onto his helmet. "Quick! Varian's alchemy!" I said and grabbed one of the yellow vials and tossing it to Rapunzel. Pascal was thrown onto the table as well. I watched as Rapunzel threw at him causing a large cloud of yellow to form.

"Stay back! We've got a wall full of alchemy and we're not afraid to use it!" Rapunzel said. "Let me try and find the raccoon trap! That'll give us time!" I said searching through the desk trying to find the pink balls. "Pascal hit me!" Rapunzel said. "Whatever you do don't throw the-" Suddenly there was a pungent smell in the air. "Ugh! Don't throw the pink ones!" I said covering my nose. "Ugh stink bomb? Come on! Don't you two I don't know make more mature elixirs?!" Rapunzel said and I rolled my eyes.

I reached my arms far into the desk. "One Varian's a guy! Of course he's going to make something stupid like that! Second of all, let us be immature once in awhile! We're technically young teenagers!" I said and my eyes widened at what my hand touched. I smirked and pulled out what I grabbed and stared at the pink and squishy orb. As I pulled out a few of the raccoon traps the graphtyc was hit out of Rapunzel's hand.

"Punz here!" I said handing her one and throwing one myself at the mans arm. A pink cloud covered the lab. Once it was gone it revealed the man stuck to the ground by his arms. "Yeah that outta hold you!" Rapunzel said. I ran and grabbed the graphtyc. Once I had it I helped Cass up.

"Come on! Let's get outta here!" Rapunzel said and Eugene and her carried Cass. I held onto the graphtyc for dear life. I walked behind the others and I saw Rapunzel glance back at Quirin. "That's why you always bothered me about coming to see Varian. Isn't it. Why didn't you tell me?" Rapunzel said softly now looking at me. I sighed still trailing behind them. "I didn't tell you because that's not my place. I still think that you should've at least visited once to check up on him. That doesn't matter now though. You did what you did and you can't change it. I know you had reasons as to why you didn't visit and I understand that, but I have a bad feeling something is really wrong with Sapphires." I said running my hand through my hair.

"Talk more later! We have to go!" Cass said and we all started running with Rapunzel leading the way. We exited Varian's home and started running through the black rocks. "Rapunzel slow down!" Cass yelled to her as she ran. "As much as I want to see what happens when you actually touch these rocks I also don't want to be in the middle of them when it happens!" I said as I jumped over a couple of the lower ones. "Why do you want to know what happens?!" Eugene yelled as he ran next to me.